Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 04-29-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I was guessing Brooks Reed or Brandon Harris with our 2nd pick so I wasnt surprised that Reed was the pick. Not taking Harris leaves open my Davon House pick! :)
Damn, we trade up and got both of them now. :) Awesome move by the Texans. I'm liking the picks so far. Didnt give up too much either to get Harris.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Funny looking back on this. I'm loving our second round. Best possible picks we could have made given our current situation. Brooks Reed is going to be a stud and I like Harris too.
Agreed. Those picks are awesome.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the Dynamo game so I didnt get to see what we did till just now and I am very happy. These were Wade picks!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:12 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
I was at the Dynamo game so I didnt get to see what we did till just now and I am very happy. These were Wade picks!
Yeaaaa Houston sports, **** baseball and basketball. There's still time for a NT tomorrow if we want to bring in some new blood at the position. WR also should be addressed. I'm hoping for one of each.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeaaaa Houston sports, **** baseball and basketball. There's still time for a NT tomorrow if we want to bring in some new blood at the position. WR also should be addressed. I'm hoping for one of each.
I really like the Carmichael pick and S of Idaho, Shiloh Keo. We still do need a nose and a receiver but I like those picks anyways.

Just took T.J. Yates out of UNC. Don't really love that pick but he could turn into something sitting behind Schaub.

Last edited by America : 04-30-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I really like the Carmichael pick and S of Idaho, Shiloh Keo. We still do need a nose and a receiver but I like those picks anyways.

Just took T.J. Yates out of UNC. Don't really love that pick but he could turn into something sitting behind Schaub.
I disagree, I dont like what we have done in Day 3. I like Carmichael because I picked him in the 6th round of the last Forum mock for the Texans, but what I dont like is the fact that both Brandon Burton and Davon House were still on the board. I think both of them are potentially better than Carmichael. I could be biased on House because I am his biggest homer you will ever find though.

Then we get Shiloh who runs a 4.8 and wont be seeing the field on anything but special teams. Once again, Jeron Johnson, DeAndre McDaniel, and other safeties were still on the board that are better in my opinion.

Then we did what we always do and draft a late round QB when we always end up signing some QB in free agency to be the backup. Whats the point? We had our chance to sign Jeremy Kerley who went one pick after us but didnt do it.

I would have gone Davon House in round 4, Jeron Johnson with the first pick in round 5, and then Jeremy Kerley with the 2nd pick in the round.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 04-30-2011 at 06:40 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say I am in love with this draft, knowing now what else we did.

J.J. Watt-I was not a fan of this pick until now. Not knowing how Williams or Smith will do in a 3-4 for sure, Watt is a heck of an insurance policy. I doubt williams or smith will not do fine, but I was never a fan of smith when we got him. I have never been a fan of signing someone that had one good game in his career. Makes me think of Larry Brown of the Cowboys. I do think Watt will be a big upgrade there. Originally angry, now I am good.

Brooks Reed-Love it. Probably the guy I would have taken there.

Brandon Harris-Love it. Again, the guy I would have taken there and as far as I am concerned probably a steal.

Rashad Carmichael-Didn't know a lot about him. But he is a ballhawk with 4.39 speed (pro day). Has his faults so the scouts say, but considering where they got him I like it. Obviously something negative somewhere on him. With his speed and 10 picks over the last 2 years playing at Va Tech, all his numbers are first round stuff. Sounds too good to be true, so it probably is.

Shiloh Keo-Not a fan of this guy at all, but we got him later. Maybe he can be a good in the box guy, but I doubt it. As I see it, at least he brings in competition at the safety spot.

Taylor Yates-We all know he doesn't offer much. But a late pick, and if he can be a decent backup we win.

I agree with JJMT2500. Theses look like Wade picks to me. Overall, I couldn't be happier. With Wade's system and these players I can't see the defense not improving considerably. I have to think we go to the playoffs next year.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post

J.J. Watt-I was not a fan of this pick until now. Not knowing how Williams or Smith will do in a 3-4 for sure, Watt is a heck of an insurance policy. I doubt williams or smith will not do fine, but I was never a fan of smith when we got him. I have never been a fan of signing someone that had one good game in his career. Makes me think of Larry Brown of the Cowboys. I do think Watt will be a big upgrade there. Originally angry, now I am good.

Brandon Harris-Love it. Again, the guy I would have taken there and as far as I am concerned probably a steal.

Rashad Carmichael-Didn't know a lot about him. But he is a ballhawk with 4.39 speed (pro day). Has his faults so the scouts say, but considering where they got him I like it. Obviously something negative somewhere on him. With his speed and 10 picks over the last 2 years playing at Va Tech, all his numbers are first round stuff. Sounds too good to be true, so it probably is.

Shiloh Keo-Not a fan of this guy at all, but we got him later. Maybe he can be a good in the box guy, but I doubt it. As I see it, at least he brings in competition at the safety spot.

Taylor Yates-We all know he doesn't offer much. But a late pick, and if he can be a decent backup we win.

I agree with JJMT2500. Theses look like Wade picks to me. Overall, I couldn't be happier. With Wade's system and these players I can't see the defense not improving considerably. I have to think we go to the playoffs next year.
i agree, now the Watt pick makes sense and looks like a great pick. I have to learn not to get so worked up over one pick haha.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I was guessing Brooks Reed or Brandon Harris with our 2nd pick so I wasnt surprised that Reed was the pick. Not taking Harris leaves open my Davon House pick! :)
Nice call!

Big fan of the Harris pick.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Nice post!
Old 04-30-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

I like the Texans draft.

I like the Watt pick and I REALLY LIKE the Harris pick.

Carmichael sounds like nice value at the spot he was drafted at.

Last edited by Texas Homer : 05-01-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Texas Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:50 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love our draft except we didn't adequately adress WR or NT. Other than that it was great, but Powe would have been great if we balled up and took him
Old 05-01-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Now that the draft is over its time for a long boring lock out. See y'all in however many months from now.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
Now that the draft is over its time for a long boring lock out. See y'all in however many months from now.
I hate the lockout. Maybe things will get interesting soon if free agency begins. I won't survive the summer without constant training camp updates.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Love our draft except we didn't adequately adress WR or NT. Other than that it was great, but Powe would have been great if we balled up and took him
I was not sure if we needed much at WR. I thought Dorin Dickerson from last year was a great pick, and I have not given up on him. Of course, they may have dropped him and I don't know about it. The way I see it, the passing game is probably the least of our worries.

As far as NT, that would have been nice. However I am not sure that Wade's system requires a mountain-of-a-man there. I know as a general rule, the 3-4 starts with a good NT. I think Wade's 3-4 is slightly different. His system seems to rely more on players shooting gaps, or at least that is the way I see it. In other 3-4's, the NT has to stand his ground and demand a double team while also clogging lanes on both sides of the Center or guard that he is lined up on. With Wade's it seems more important to me that the NT be quick to penetrate. Manning two running lanes is not as important in Wade's scheme. I am not a defensive coordinator, so I could be completely wrong.

There is an argument that we don't have a disruptive inside guy on the team, and that may be true. What I am hoping is that in a new system, one of the DT's on the team can flourish with the new scheme. We have several to choose from.

All in all, I think this is my favorite draft the Texans have made in a long time. Considering that I think we were a playoff team except for our lousy defense and I think this draft addressed the defense well, this may be my favorite Texan's draft ever.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carmichael should come in and at least compete. He was a leader, great teammate, and film junky at VT and is blazing fast. Definitely faster than his combine 40 (4.50) indicates. Great man corner who is great when facing towards the ball but struggles a bit with his back facing the ball.

Should do well as a nickle or dime IMO.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I was not sure if we needed much at WR. I thought Dorin Dickerson from last year was a great pick, and I have not given up on him. Of course, they may have dropped him and I don't know about it. The way I see it, the passing game is probably the least of our worries.

As far as NT, that would have been nice. However I am not sure that Wade's system requires a mountain-of-a-man there. I know as a general rule, the 3-4 starts with a good NT. I think Wade's 3-4 is slightly different. His system seems to rely more on players shooting gaps, or at least that is the way I see it. In other 3-4's, the NT has to stand his ground and demand a double team while also clogging lanes on both sides of the Center or guard that he is lined up on. With Wade's it seems more important to me that the NT be quick to penetrate. Manning two running lanes is not as important in Wade's scheme. I am not a defensive coordinator, so I could be completely wrong.

There is an argument that we don't have a disruptive inside guy on the team, and that may be true. What I am hoping is that in a new system, one of the DT's on the team can flourish with the new scheme. We have several to choose from.

All in all, I think this is my favorite draft the Texans have made in a long time. Considering that I think we were a playoff team except for our lousy defense and I think this draft addressed the defense well, this may be my favorite Texan's draft ever.
Definitely, I was just looking for some added depth in the WR corps, you can never have too many guys to contribute there. NT I'm still a bit iffy on but if the Texans passed on drafting one we must have serious faith in Earl Mitchell. What you have there is what I've been hearing about how Wade's 3-4 works too. Jay Ratliff's not the biggest guy but he's quick and powerful. Hopefully Mitchell can be that for us.

I absolutely loved this draft. My buddies and I were watching saying "here's what we need and who would be ideal, here's who the Texans will probably take and piss us all off." I'm proud to say that the Texans did not do that and filled positions of need and got great value at the same time.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watt, Reed and Harris, you guys were probably my favorite draft this year. Kudos to you guys and your FO and hopefully this is the edge you needed to push you into the playoffs.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, the Texans killed this draft and Wade definately had a hand in finding some guys to turn over to the 3-4. This draft seems somewhat similiar to the Cowboys 2005 draft that started the 3-4 transition that landed a ton of pro bowlers and starters.

Watt is an amazing pick, all the potential in the world to be a stud as a 5 tech. Brooks Reed is gonna be a great edge rusher, Harris should have went sooner and made passing on Prince make more sense, Carmichael adds good depth also.

Every pick was like they were nailing it. That defense is gonna be looking alot different, but even with that being said Kareem Jackson still needs to step up his play for a 1st round pick. Roy Williams was looking like Andre Johnson vs him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I'm hoping all three of those top picks earn starting jobs this summer. Call me crazy, but I think Wade is going to try and experiment with Mario as an OLB. He won't drop into coverage much but he might move around in a 2 point stance.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I have a question.

I posted right after the draft that I didn't know much about Carmichael. Well, I have looked him up now. His size is adequate, his 4.39 40 time (pro day) is blazing. He had 10 picks in the last two years. And he played for Va Tech, so it isn't like he played for Idaho Junior College. He played against tough competition in college.

Now I have watched as much footage of him as I can find. I have seen him miss a few tackles but by far he made more than he missed. Other than that, he looks great. I am kinda becoming enamored with him.

In the post that I was just talking about, I had mentioned that everything I knew about him pointed to a first round pick. I also said that since he was there in the third, he was probably too good to be true. So what gives??

After watching some of his footage, I remember I had actually watched about half of one of VA Tech's games during the season. I noticed him all over the field, and both myself and a friend said "Who is this guy? We need to remember him when the draft comes around." Of course, we forgot his name and could never remember who it was.

So what made him keep from being picked sooner? I really can't find any knocks on him that you can't find on any college prospect.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have a question.

I posted right after the draft that I didn't know much about Carmichael. Well, I have looked him up now. His size is adequate, his 4.39 40 time (pro day) is blazing. He had 10 picks in the last two years. And he played for Va Tech, so it isn't like he played for Idaho Junior College. He played against tough competition in college.

Now I have watched as much footage of him as I can find. I have seen him miss a few tackles but by far he made more than he missed. Other than that, he looks great. I am kinda becoming enamored with him.

In the post that I was just talking about, I had mentioned that everything I knew about him pointed to a first round pick. I also said that since he was there in the third, he was probably too good to be true. So what gives??

After watching some of his footage, I remember I had actually watched about half of one of VA Tech's games during the season. I noticed him all over the field, and both myself and a friend said "Who is this guy? We need to remember him when the draft comes around." Of course, we forgot his name and could never remember who it was.

So what made him keep from being picked sooner? I really can't find any knocks on him that you can't find on any college prospect.
First, I don't think he plays as fast as he timed at the pro day. Second, he's a decent tackler, and despite his weight, he doesn't pack a big punch. He also plays a lot of off coverage and looks like he tries to position himself for the pick a lot and can get beat like that. I think he's a heck of a player though. I was really thrilled to get him in round 4. I had him around there in my dream mock.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carmichael is definitely faster than his combine 40 indicated. Speed will never be his issue.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Carmichael is definitely faster than his combine 40 indicated. Speed will never be his issue.
His combine time was slow. His pro day time was fast. I'm guessing it's somewhere in between.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:39 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
First, I don't think he plays as fast as he timed at the pro day. Second, he's a decent tackler, and despite his weight, he doesn't pack a big punch. He also plays a lot of off coverage and looks like he tries to position himself for the pick a lot and can get beat like that. I think he's a heck of a player though. I was really thrilled to get him in round 4. I had him around there in my dream mock.
Sounds so different from corners we usually draft.