Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 08-01-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing Vonta really sucks, but Balt overpaid IMO. I am excited to see what kinda plays Kubs comes up with having Casey coming out of the backfield. He is going to be a nightmare for defenses on 3rd and short catching the ball out of the backfield.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys I just wanted you input on Bernard Pollard. With Bob Sanders gone from the Colts and Melvin Bullit looking like he is going to start what could Pollard bring to the table? As far as the run goes could Pollard be an upgrade?

I never watched him play exclusively, but I hear he is good against the run and that is what Indy needs. Where do you guys think he ends up? Thanks.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Hey guys I just wanted you input on Bernard Pollard. With Bob Sanders gone from the Colts and Melvin Bullit looking like he is going to start what could Pollard bring to the table? As far as the run goes could Pollard be an upgrade?

I never watched him play exclusively, but I hear he is good against the run and that is what Indy needs. Where do you guys think he ends up? Thanks.
He ended up in Balt. You should be thankfull the Colts didnt sign him. Dallas Clark made him look awful last season as well as every other tight end he tried to cover. Pretty good against the run. The best thing he brings to the team is attitude.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I watched some of the first preseason game. Just a couple of thoughts--

Shaub looked a little rusty, but I am not worried about him.

Front seven on defense looks way better than last year. Several guys made plays. I know it was very vanilla, but it was encouraging.

I didn't get to see Brandon Harris play, so I was mad about that. But I was more disappointed that Roc didn't play. I really have a crush on him.

Kareem looked awful. This guy is a major disappointment. I didn't like the pick when they took him, but I didn't think he would be this bad.

Overall, I was happy. Watt looked good. And Mario seemed to move around just fine when not blitzing.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was very pleased with what I saw. Like you said, Schaub was a little off. Not worried though. OD looked fresh, and the o-line for the most part handled itself well against a good front seven. The depth on the o-line is very concerning, but lets just hope for no injuries.

Leinart looked solid. Really worked the bootleg well.

Manning made some plays. I like what he brings to the table.

Mario moved around but they negated him with really quick passes. Connor Barwin made some great plays in the run game and had a nice shoestring tackle while getting blocked against a screen. Brooks Reed can bring some heat off the edge. The pressure was abundant all night.

Kareem Jackson still sucks. Just gives up receptions way too easily.

James Casey will be a great receiving option but I'm not sure how well he'll do blocking between the tackles. Lawrence Vickers should do fine in that role though.

Special Teams were not good. Blocking on kickoffs was awful.

Gotta like the direction of this team though.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Jason Allen has to be the other starting CB. Jackson blows......

I would like to see us try something else in kick returns.. I thought Manning was supposed to fill that role????

I know i bashed the JJ Watt pick when it was made. I take back everything!!! This guy is going to be a beast! I am so excited about this defense, besides Kareem of course.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jason Allen is slated to start opposite Joseph starting day. We can't go from worst to first in one offseason. Allen is going to be targeted like crazy.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Jason came during the season last year and never really learned the D. This year with a full training camp he should be much better. I think he will do good.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
Jason came during the season last year and never really learned the D. This year with a full training camp he should be much better. I think he will do good.
I wish that would happen and he proves me wrong, but he hasn't shown anything since he was drafted to make me believe he has it in him to be a decent starter in the NFL. Learning the defense or not he just can't stick to his man and gets burned deep regularly. He should not be anything more than an emergency stop gap until we can find someone else.

I'm hoping either Harris or Carmichael climb up the depth chart quickly, we can't afford to keep Allen in the starting lineup for long.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Great game last night. The starting offense looked amazing. Tate looked awesome. Front 7 on the D looked really good. Reed looks like he is going to be a force. Our starting O line is quietly becoming one of the best in the league.

Now the bad haha..
The secondary looked lost. I was hopeing for Allen to show up and play well but he looked bad. Jackson looked bad like always. Quin had some good plays. I dont remember seeing Harris or Carmichael.

I dont understand playing so conservative in the second half. I was really looking forward to seeing if Jean would play well again, but he never got a ball thrown his way. I wanted to see more of Yates, but he only got in for a few mintues and no throws.

Leinart looked pretty sloppy and I still dont think we have a number 2 WR.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I dont believe for one second that Payton is going to miss the first game. I would prepare for him to be in the game.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Yeah I don't see it happening either. I wouldn't worry at all about the Colts if Curtis Painter was playing.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I had more to add to the second game discussion, but most has been said. Except that I thought Brooks Reed looked good. I mean really good. I would throw him in there in front of Connor Barwin, who never really did much for me.

I am still waiting for Roc Carmichael and Brandon Harris to hit the field. Get Kareem out of there!!!

I want to come up with a nickname for him like toast, or something like that. I seriously think that I could get open against him. Maybe not consistently, but I think I could a few times.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

What do you guys think of these rumors about trading Mario for Asante Samuels?? I dont believe the rumors, but I dont know what I would think if the trade were to happen.

I think it would make our defense better in the long run...
Old 08-27-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

im not gonna lie i am genuinely excited about our defense what a difference a pass rush can make. and **** abc and their non hd broadcasts.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

oh and i dont like the idea of trading mario for samuel at all not only does samuel seem like hes declining hes also up there in age. Mario may not have a great season but even then hell have good value next year for a 4-3 team looking for pass rushers so i say hold on to him and let him get comfortable and if it doesnt work out dump him next off season. He looked alot more comfortable in SF game and it seems like Wade is getting his hand down in alot of sets.

THANK THE HEAVENS FOR WATT!!!!!1
Old 08-28-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Yeah Mario looked a lot better this game. He should of had a sack but Antonio got there a split second earlier. Not sure what got into Antonio this game but he looked unstoppable up front.

Our front 7 looks amazing. And even the DB's look much better with Joesph in there, sometimes it just takes having a leader on the field.

I dont know why we resigned Jacoby.. He ******* sucks!!! He dropped 3 passes and 1 was in the end zone. That is the only thing that fustrates me about this offseason is that instead of going after a number 2 WR, we resign Jacoby and stick with Walter at 2. I would be all for signing TO.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:22 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I would not trade mario for asante. As far at Jacoby-I like what we have. I dont want to tweek anything. I want to see what we have.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Why is Slaton still on the team?? And why dont we have a punter???
Old 09-06-2011, 03:58 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Is Roc Carmichael ever gonna hit the field??? I love that pick. I need to see him fail to lose my man crush. If he stays off the field I will just keep the faith.

I have to say this first game is a must win. There is no reason for the Texans not to win. And if they don't it is really bad news.

And I really wish they would get Brooks in there. I just love a guy with a nonstop motor.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:59 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Quote:
I have to say I don't understand that. Loved him out of college, and his first year was great. But he has no place on this team. I would have kept Dorrin Dickerson. Four running backs is kinda silly. I was seriously floored when I heard that.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I have to say I don't understand that. Loved him out of college, and his first year was great. But he has no place on this team. I would have kept Dorrin Dickerson. Four running backs is kinda silly. I was seriously floored when I heard that.
They must still believe they can trade him. Thats the only reason I could see for keeping him.

I kinda hope Manning plays in week 1. I want to show everyone that this is our season and this is now our division. Beating kerry collins proves nothing...
Old 09-07-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Is Roc Carmichael ever gonna hit the field??? I love that pick. I need to see him fail to lose my man crush. If he stays off the field I will just keep the faith.

I have to say this first game is a must win. There is no reason for the Texans not to win. And if they don't it is really bad news.

And I really wish they would get Brooks in there. I just love a guy with a nonstop motor.
I hated that pick with Davon House still on the board.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Arian is already injured and Ben Tate is always injured so Slaton may be the starter soon.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Yahoo just reported that Manning will be out for the game.