Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 03-07-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I agree. WR is much more pressing of a need than DL. Earl Mitchell and Shaun Cody played well last year. Kevin Walter & Jacoby Jones did not. Jacoby should be cut anyways. That deal was crap.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word is Houston would be the heavy favorite to land Peyton if we wanted him. I love Schaub but he's only played 2 full seasons for us, missing 17 games in 5 years. He's a free agent after the 2012 season and will want a big contract. I would love to trade him to Cleveland or Seattle for a 2nd, maybe a conditional third and bring Peyton on board.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Word is Houston would be the heavy favorite to land Peyton if we wanted him. I love Schaub but he's only played 2 full seasons for us, missing 17 games in 5 years. He's a free agent after the 2012 season and will want a big contract. I would love to trade him to Cleveland or Seattle for a 2nd, maybe a conditional third and bring Peyton on board.
You dont think we could get a 1 for Schaub?? Im sure a team live Cleveland would give a 1 and more...

Kubs is very loyal to his QBs.. I dont see him letting Schaub go. Getting a 1 for Schaub and landing Peyton sounds amazing, and i dont want to sound like Debbie Downer, but I just dont think there is anyway this happens.

I have been on a cruise for the last week with no contact with the outside world. So today when I saw we locked Foster up I was super excited. Now lets get Myers, Mike B, and Joel D new contracts.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no interest for Peyton at all. For these reasons.

1) Too old
2) Tons of questions concerning injury
3) I don't believe the Colts would have let him walk if they really thought they would be letting the same old Peyton play for someone else.

As a side note, he probably is the greatest quarterback ever. But his record in pressure situations (playoffs) is not good. He was on one of the few favorites to win the superbowl for about ten years, but only won one.

And lastly, if we ship Schaub off we will get to play the quarterback game in 3 years. And that is best case scenario. No thanks. I will take Schaub.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this probably isn't the place for it, but I am going to put a few numbers on Manning up.

11 years in the playoffs. 7 times they did not advance. Only advance 4 times.

19 career playoff games. 10 times his team didn't score at least 20 points.

10 playoff losses. 6 were by less than a touch down.

Only 1 game winning drive in the playoffs.

Once again, I do think he is probably the greatest QB of all time. His career has been amazing. But in the big ones, he has not been at his best.

And one last note. Tom Brady.

9 years in the playoffs. Only one time did his team NOT advance.

6 game winning drives.

I will take my chances with a young team and Schaub.

Just food for thought.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Winston got cut today... It saves 4.5 mil on the cap. If this move helps us keep Myers and Mike B than i am ok with it. I think Butler could step in and do a good job.

John McClain says the Texans have no interest in Peyton, and i believe it.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

And there goes Leinart... Not sure why Jacoby hasnt happened yet.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

No joke. Jacoby should have been cut after blowing the playoff game.

I am relieved to hear Peyton is not coming. I really don't understand why the Texicans were considered a destination. There is nothing wrong with Schaub.

Does anyone have a good idea how the cap situation is? I have to say I don't understand how the cap works at all. Everytime I think I have it figured out I realize I don't understand how it works at all. Someone needs to spell it out for me.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I sure am excited about Free Agency. I just noticed Aaron Ross is available. I wouldn't mind picking him up if he is cheap.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

And Ted Ginn as a replacement for Jacoby would be nice.

But I guess there will be no movement except maybe signing some of your guys back.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I dont fully understand the cap either. I have heard that we have freed up 13 mil, but then i also heard that we are still a mil above the cap, so no clue.

Mario will be gone after tonight. He is meeting the Bills tonight and they are going to make him the highest paid defender in the league.

Myers is talking to the Titans and us. I believe he is talking to the Titans to get the best deal possible with us. We dont want to lose him to Tenn.

Vickers getting cut doesnt bother me at all. In our system the FB needs to be able to catch a ball. I think Casey did a great job blocking before the injury.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Just an idea to see what y'all think. I think most of us agree that we should use our 1st pick on a WR. Mike Wallace got a 1st round tender as a RFA. Why not use our 1st pick and try to work a deal that the Steelers wont match. Im sure it would have to be back loaded, and im not sure what we could do with the cap situation. But the idea of Dre and Wallace is pretty exciting.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Uh, yea. I like this idea very much. Much less bust potential.

As much as I like Floyd, I have been wrong many times in the draft. He could bust out. We know Wallace won't.

Good idea.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

We lost Brisiel to the Raiders, but we resigned Myers!!!

McClain says that Jacoby wont be cut... i just dont get it...
Old 03-18-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

This is insane. I have not spoken to anyone that thinks Jacoby should return.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Jacoby has to have something really bad on Kubs. That has to be the only reason that Kubs keeps him.

I dont know about y'all but im very happy that Manning is out of the South.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Heck yea....we trade Manning for Luck. Not a bad deal

Texans are in good shape. We need a solid draft. Thats it.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't oppose taking a RT to replace Winston. But I'd prefer a wideout like Kendall Wright.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

That's cool Rick Smith. Trade Demeco. WTF.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
That's cool Rick Smith. Trade Demeco. WTF.
For a 4th rounder??? Really??
Old 03-20-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I am guessing this was a salary cap move. It had to be, right? Otherwise it makes no sense. He has been a great player since he has been here.

The only positive is that in a 3-4 defense, the inside linebackers are not as important as some of the other positions. Not to say they are not important. But if you are going to have a pro bowler, it is probably better to have one at outside linebacker.

This does suck. Now we have lost two of the front seven that made this defense special.

Not happy. But I feel confident this is for salary cap purposes only.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I get that he had a down year and that he probably doesnt fit what we are doing now.. But you dont go trade your defensive captain for a 4th round pick...

It does free up a lot of cap space, what ever they are planning they need to go ahead and do it cause right now the Titans are moving forward and we are going backwards..
Old 03-21-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I'm glad the players are upset with the trade as I am. Things were going too well in H town I guess.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I thought this was funny..

Old 03-23-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got Stephen Hill to the Texans in my mock. I think he could develop into a nice compliment to Andre Johnson and not have the pressure to be a perfect receiver right off. Any thoughts on what else could be done? Other notable names available are Mark Barron, Peter Konz, and Kendall Wright.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote