Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 08-15-2013, 04:07 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Ehh. It's preseason. I think we are just fine.
That is true. I would rather Swearinger miss horribly and get ripped by the coaches and players while it is still in preseason.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any opinions about what the rookie WR is gonna do this year?

Just curious. I drafted him late in my fantasy league.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing???

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Any opinions about what the rookie WR is gonna do this year?

Just curious. I drafted him late in my fantasy league.
He is worthy of a late round pick. As far as how good he will do, I am not sure. We haven't got to see much of him since his concussion. He was doing good up until that point though.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:04 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Old 09-15-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

We would be unstoppable if we could play well in the first half as well. Texans enjoy making us nervous.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

58 offsides penalties by JJ, Cushing, and Reid killed us. Oh, and the awful OL as well as AJ getting hurt. Can't forget the awful special teams and how we apparently didn't do any pursuit drills this week.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:56 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

This game will be awesome!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Today proved that Cushing is the leader of the defense and not JJ Watt even though he gets all the credit. Cush goes down and our defense just collapses for some reason.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Is everyone so disgusted with Schaub's play that they are leaving me to talk to myself? haha
Old 10-07-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Last edited by jayceheathman : 10-07-2013 at 12:43 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

We got our ass kicked. :(
Old 10-14-2013, 03:24 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to the Texans? It can't just be Schaub throwing pick 6's that have led to their downfall is it? I was thinking Johnson, Foster, and Hopkins were as potent an offense as I've seen the Texans have and JJ Watt is going to be giving Eric Fisher nightmares all week long.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
What happened to the Texans? It can't just be Schaub throwing pick 6's that have led to their downfall is it? I was thinking Johnson, Foster, and Hopkins were as potent an offense as I've seen the Texans have and JJ Watt is going to be giving Eric Fisher nightmares all week long.
It has been all phases of the game that have hurt us. Foster was injured to start the year and missed training camp and the preseason. It took him a few weeks to get back into his groove that he showed against the Rams. Then Tate has continued his usual fumbling ways. He has like 3 of them already and that is with Foster getting the majority of the carries. All 3 being in our territory that gave the other team great field position. Other than the game with the Rams, our OL has been terrible. Brown has missed a game or two and Newton is awful. I don't have to say much about Schaub. It is highly publicized that he is struggling although he played mistake free yesterday. He didn't put up many yards and I think that was because he was so afraid of making that pick 6 that he didn't want to throw it too far down field. I think the worst with Schaub is that he can't make a throw while in duress. If he sees a DE coming at him then he immediately gets into the fetal position to avoid getting hit. Andre has also been banged up.

Then onto special teams. The special teams coach needs to be fired. There is no way that Jacoby Jones, Holiday, and now Martin all are awful returning anything that comes there way. Martin might as well take a knee every time. He gets to maybe the 12 yard line every time he runs it out. That isn't mentioning the fumble on his kickoff return yesterday. I can't say enough how bad our special teams is. They have already given up a TD to Baltimore and countless of good runbacks by opponents.

Defense has been terrible as well even though everyone kept saying how amazing they were at the beginning of the year. JJ Watt is God in the eyes of Houston and the media but he has been killing us. He has at least 1 encroachment penalty in every game so far this year. He should have had 3 of them a couple of games ago against the Ravens but the ref called it on Reid who also jumped as well. Do a hard count on our defense and he jumps every time. Then Cushing has had a couple of offsides penalties as well. Add that in with him getting the concussion against Seattle and the defense went downhill when he left that game. Kareem Jackson is still getting picked on even though he was finally starting to make some progress under Wade Phillips and learning from Johnathan Joseph. He has got worse this year. He has had a ton of PI penalties. Ed Reed has yet to do anything either.

It is crazy to think that the Chargers got screwed when the refs called that penalty for their player jumping on our snapper when there wasn't contact. Take away that one penalty and we would be 1-5. The Titans came awfully close to winning as well. Looking back on it, it is amazing we aren't 0-6.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So out of left field I think we can upset the Chiefs.

With Keenum being out there I think this will force Kubiak to rely more on the run game. It has always frustrated me that Kubiak has a "run-first" philosophy yet gets away from the run too early. I don't think that Keenum is our saviour, but I haven't been a Schaub fan in years and have been of the opinion that a change has long been needed. It doesn't hurt that A.J. thinks Keenum has an "aura" about him. The team has always responded after tough losses, maybe not always, but I think they will use the change at QB to spark some inspired football.

Our D has been lacking discipline and I think that may come from wanting to overcompensate. If we focus on stopping the run tomorrow I think we have a good shot of keeping the game very competitive.

Just my 2 cents for now. Finally got internet back so I may start posting again.

Cheers and GO TEXANS!!
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:28 AM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, I need to update my avatar and sig. anyone can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game y'all. It really sucks about your injuries, but continued health and good luck the rest of the way.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
So out of left field I think we can upset the Chiefs.

With Keenum being out there I think this will force Kubiak to rely more on the run game. It has always frustrated me that Kubiak has a "run-first" philosophy yet gets away from the run too early. I don't think that Keenum is our saviour, but I haven't been a Schaub fan in years and have been of the opinion that a change has long been needed. It doesn't hurt that A.J. thinks Keenum has an "aura" about him. The team has always responded after tough losses, maybe not always, but I think they will use the change at QB to spark some inspired football.

Our D has been lacking discipline and I think that may come from wanting to overcompensate. If we focus on stopping the run tomorrow I think we have a good shot of keeping the game very competitive.

Just my 2 cents for now. Finally got internet back so I may start posting again.

Cheers and GO TEXANS!!
There is a sig threat in the off topic section. Bone Krusher does all of them I think. haha

Injuries are killing us. Foster, Cushing, Daniels, Manning, Brown for a couple of games, Schaub, and Posey who is finally getting healthy.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Good game y'all. It really sucks about your injuries, but continued health and good luck the rest of the way.
I have KC's defense in my fantasy team and the second I saw that fumble at the end of the game then I wanted you guys to return it for a td so I could at least win in something. Of course Newton tackles him at the 1. With Foster hurt, who I also have on my team, I ended up losing twice yesterday.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Monday after the game vs KC Kubiak reiterated that Schaub is our starting QB. I'm not pleased with his commitment to Schaub. He's had 6 yrs. with the team and played 124 games for us. In that span he has thrown for 129 TDs and 79 ints. I believe we've seen what Schaub is capable of. He's shown that he's not good under pressure can put up numbers between the sticks, but struggles in the red zone and when he comes under pressure. Keenum impressed me in his debut buying time for the receivers and hitting them in stride. I'm not saying that he's the QB of the future, but at this point in time it's my belief that he deserves to be on the field to show us what he's capable of. Making the playoffs seems unlikely. I would love to see us in the playoffs, but that won't happen with Schaub at the helm.

If it was just a QB issue that wouldn't be a problem, but our defense has been sporadic being the #1 D in yds. allowed yet ranking near the bottom in red zone D. They played well in the second half of the KC games and have shown they can be more than solid, but the penalties and long drives allowed have really hurt.

I hope this bye week is used to shore up these issues. However if Schaub is named the starter I have very little faith that the Texans can be at their best.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...anapolis-colts

Common sense prevails!! Oh happy day lol. Indy looks to be a tough matchup. They are also coming off a bye after a big win in Denver. We need to win to keep playoff hopes alive. It's a tough road. We released 3 players for being idiots, violation of rules and placed Cushing on IR, there was another player released, but I can't remember the circumstances. So that's 5 slots that need filling. We've signed Ray Graham thus far. I wonder what other moves they have up their sleeves.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Cushing is better than Watt. Our defense just crumbles whenever Cushing is out. JJ never picks up the slack.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Cushing is better than Watt. Our defense just crumbles whenever Cushing is out. JJ never picks up the slack.
Talent-wise I give the nod to Watt, they are both extremely talented, but I played D-line in the past so I'm more familiar with their techniques and lean that way. Scheme-wise of Cushing has the advantage. Watt plays with his hand on the ground so he doesn't get to see what the offense is doing pre-snap as well, hence cannot put others or himself in a better position the way Cushing could. I think Cushing is the heart of this D. Our linebacking core has less talent than our d-line so the absence is more noticeable. I hope for Cush's speedy recovery and that next year we have more talent at linebacker to supplement his skill.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...s-back-surgery

Foster is out for the season with a lower lumbar (back) injury that requires surgery. Man, this season just seems plagued with injuries and misfortune.