Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Grid
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 131
Reputation: 10
Grid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Levi Brown is RT and Winston is still inconsistent as a RT. Either way we need to get LT this year either in FA or draft.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 949
Reputation: 27737
datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I read that as well, but from what I read it said the initial injury is completely healed. It'll take a month before they can know how his cartilidge is doing, but that will be well before the draft and even then I wouldn't move that to first round priority. I guess I'll break down a sort of big board about who we should go after in the draft. The first rd. Shouldn't be to hard and the second and third rds. I think I can do as well.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 949
Reputation: 27737
datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm not too high on Branch. Matter of fact I don't really like him at all. He doesn't dominate at the point of attack and his sophmore counterpart Taylor, I think, has a much bigger impact. Branch should not be even considered for the Texan's. I wouldn't even consider a D-linemen in the first rd. unless we moved down and got multiple picks. At which point we would get someone else in addition to considering a Quentin Moses or Amobe Okoye, who by the way I think is a real stud. The guy's so young and has so much potential I wouldn't be surprised if he supplanted Branch as the top DT. All that being said I don't think we should go d-line in the first day. We may have some holes, but I think we have alot of other areas of concern before we address the d-line again in the draft. I would rather look for FA DT's than draft one. At least not this yr.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 949
Reputation: 27737
datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

One of the things I see that has been a major problem for our defense is our secondary. The reason our guys aren't getting to the QB consistently is that receiver's are getting open too quickly. It's been too many times this yr. where our defense blows by the o-line, but are still too late because somebody got open. Yes, our d-line doesn't always apply much pressure, but that can be chalked up to injuries as well. Weaver and Mario have played through injuries and Peek was out 5 weeks. I think Babin missed some time as well, but right now I can't remember. However with them all healthy as well as our DT's I think our pass rush will improve. I look at our secondary and to be honest our CB's aren't half bad, they'll give up the occasional big play, but it's at safety that we always get burned. Okay, maybe not always, but a majority of the time. Neither of our safeties really has much of a nose for the ball. While they are good at hitting and run support they need to be at the location of the play as the ball is getting there. A true ballhawking FS would do wonders for our defense.

On offense our guys are starting to finally click. What do I see missing here. A true RB, now I'm not saying that this is the biggest need, but this is our biggest need on offense. (depending on how Spencer goes.) Dayne doesn't have breakaway speed, not even close to it so he'll never take it the distance even if he does get to the secondary. Lundy is our most balanced back, but he doesn't have good vision every time. Taylor may be our best runner, but I haven't seen him enough to say he's our answer. DW, still can't believe he changed his name, may never come back. Our RB situation is the biggest question mark 2 me. The one time Dayne went over 100 yds. he needed a ton of carries against the worst run D in the league, I don't know how much weight to put on that.

The way I see it is these are our two biggest needs, hence they should be the ones we tackle in the 1st rd. of the draft. Obviously we can only take one so I'll do a little review of how I think our pick should be run down.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,558
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin
One of the things I see that has been a major problem for our defense is our secondary. The reason our guys aren't getting to the QB consistently is that receiver's are getting open too quickly. It's been too many times this yr. where our defense blows by the o-line, but are still too late because somebody got open. Yes, our d-line doesn't always apply much pressure, but that can be chalked up to injuries as well. Weaver and Mario have played through injuries and Peek was out 5 weeks. I think Babin missed some time as well, but right now I can't remember. However with them all healthy as well as our DT's I think our pass rush will improve. I look at our secondary and to be honest our CB's aren't half bad, they'll give up the occasional big play, but it's at safety that we always get burned. Okay, maybe not always, but a majority of the time. Neither of our safeties really has much of a nose for the ball. While they are good at hitting and run support they need to be at the location of the play as the ball is getting there. A true ballhawking FS would do wonders for our defense.

On offense our guys are starting to finally click. What do I see missing here. A true RB, now I'm not saying that this is the biggest need, but this is our biggest need on offense. (depending on how Spencer goes.) Dayne doesn't have breakaway speed, not even close to it so he'll never take it the distance even if he does get to the secondary. Lundy is our most balanced back, but he doesn't have good vision every time. Taylor may be our best runner, but I haven't seen him enough to say he's our answer. DW, still can't believe he changed his name, may never come back. Our RB situation is the biggest question mark 2 me. The one time Dayne went over 100 yds. he needed a ton of carries against the worst run D in the league, I don't know how much weight to put on that.

The way I see it is these are our two biggest needs, hence they should be the ones we tackle in the 1st rd. of the draft. Obviously we can only take one so I'll do a little review of how I think our pick should be run down.
Agreed. We do need to retool the secondary. At safety we need some help but I feel that cornerback should also be addressed.

Also for RB we'll see where Dom Williams is in a few months and whether he will be ready to play to see if we need a RB or not.

Demeco is DROY! Congrats to all the Texans fans including myself who called it in preseason!
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 949
Reputation: 27737
datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Okay, now I believe in taking the BPA while at the same time filling a need. So I look at this draft and think to myself first rd. Who is the best talent and fills the needs. I decided to compile a short list of people we could take at our position that would give fair value while also addressing our need.

1. Adrian Peterson- The guy is a big time talent. However he may be there for us due to his injury history and his less than stellar performance at the Fiesta Bowl. He was not the best running back that game. However he is supposed to be the best pure RB to come out in a long time and he was just coming back from injury. So who know's, with that being said he fill's a need and there's the bonus that he's from Houston so if he's there I just think it would be a mistake to pass him over. (Though I really want this guy sentimentally the analitical football side of my mind hope's he's gone by the time our pick rolls around.)

2. Reggie Nelson- Some people have compared this guy to Ed Reed and I am not gonna correct them. This guy is a phenomenal talent. Ball hawk extraordinair. He can play CB as well, but has only started at FS for 2 season's I think. Having said that this guy still hasn't reached his ceiling and can still put on a few lbs. He could still decide not to come out, but with the recent passing of his mother he may want to shoulder responsibility of taking care of his family and come out. Of course nobody other than him know's how this recent event will effect his decision, but hopefully he decides to come out. The guy has an aggressive demeanor that would really fire up our defense. This guy would help our team the most and provide us with the best option here. Of course this is JMO.

3. Laron Landry- Not enough can be said about Landry. The guy is a leader in the defense and his football smarts are through the roof. Guy bring's solid consistency to any secondary he goes to. The thing about him is that nobody really tests him so he never get's that many opportunities to make plays. However on the next level all bet's are off as nobody in the NFL will shy away from a rookie and he will get plenty of opportunities to show he's a play maker. It's also a big plus that the guy can lay the lumber on anybody that comes into his vicinity. The question is how high is his ceiling, can he get any better. This is the big question between Landry and Nelson, while I believe that Landry is almost as good as he can get if I'm wrong the guy could be the next great safety to come out. If AP and Nelson are both gone. Which could happen because Arizona could use help in the secondary than Landry is the guy we should pick up.

4. Marshawn Lynch- If all three guys I listed above are gone, which is very unlikely, but you never know. Then this guy is our next best option, behind him the talent at RB drops off and he still gives adequate value at this pick. He might be a better fit on our team because of his great vision. He is quick and can make people miss in small spaces as well as run with power. He's not as fast as Peterson, but he is a better receiver and quicker. In addition to that the guy bring's a cockiness that our offense sorely needs. We need another playmaker on offense and this guy can be that guy.

Yes, it's true that I didn't go to in depth with these guys and pull up their stats or whathaveyou, but we do got until the draft so I don't feel the need to cram everything into this post. However this is the first rd. mini big-board for us right now. The way I see it.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 949
Reputation: 27737
datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin
One of the things I see that has been a major problem for our defense is our secondary. The reason our guys aren't getting to the QB consistently is that receiver's are getting open too quickly. It's been too many times this yr. where our defense blows by the o-line, but are still too late because somebody got open. Yes, our d-line doesn't always apply much pressure, but that can be chalked up to injuries as well. Weaver and Mario have played through injuries and Peek was out 5 weeks. I think Babin missed some time as well, but right now I can't remember. However with them all healthy as well as our DT's I think our pass rush will improve. I look at our secondary and to be honest our CB's aren't half bad, they'll give up the occasional big play, but it's at safety that we always get burned. Okay, maybe not always, but a majority of the time. Neither of our safeties really has much of a nose for the ball. While they are good at hitting and run support they need to be at the location of the play as the ball is getting there. A true ballhawking FS would do wonders for our defense.

On offense our guys are starting to finally click. What do I see missing here. A true RB, now I'm not saying that this is the biggest need, but this is our biggest need on offense. (depending on how Spencer goes.) Dayne doesn't have breakaway speed, not even close to it so he'll never take it the distance even if he does get to the secondary. Lundy is our most balanced back, but he doesn't have good vision every time. Taylor may be our best runner, but I haven't seen him enough to say he's our answer. DW, still can't believe he changed his name, may never come back. Our RB situation is the biggest question mark 2 me. The one time Dayne went over 100 yds. he needed a ton of carries against the worst run D in the league, I don't know how much weight to put on that.

The way I see it is these are our two biggest needs, hence they should be the ones we tackle in the 1st rd. of the draft. Obviously we can only take one so I'll do a little review of how I think our pick should be run down.
Agreed. We do need to retool the secondary. At safety we need some help but I feel that cornerback should also be addressed.

Also for RB we'll see where Dom Williams is in a few months and whether he will be ready to play to see if we need a RB or not.

Demeco is DROY! Congrats to all the Texans fans including myself who called it in preseason!
CB I agree, an upgrade would be nice, but I would like us to pursue Samuels or Clements this off-season. If we can't get them I just can't see us going CB with our first pick. Hall has been burned (Maybe that's a little harsh, but you know what I mean.) when I watch him. Which is against USC and Texas. So until Cason and Revis declare I don't think I'd put CB into first rd. consideration.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,558
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin
One of the things I see that has been a major problem for our defense is our secondary. The reason our guys aren't getting to the QB consistently is that receiver's are getting open too quickly. It's been too many times this yr. where our defense blows by the o-line, but are still too late because somebody got open. Yes, our d-line doesn't always apply much pressure, but that can be chalked up to injuries as well. Weaver and Mario have played through injuries and Peek was out 5 weeks. I think Babin missed some time as well, but right now I can't remember. However with them all healthy as well as our DT's I think our pass rush will improve. I look at our secondary and to be honest our CB's aren't half bad, they'll give up the occasional big play, but it's at safety that we always get burned. Okay, maybe not always, but a majority of the time. Neither of our safeties really has much of a nose for the ball. While they are good at hitting and run support they need to be at the location of the play as the ball is getting there. A true ballhawking FS would do wonders for our defense.

On offense our guys are starting to finally click. What do I see missing here. A true RB, now I'm not saying that this is the biggest need, but this is our biggest need on offense. (depending on how Spencer goes.) Dayne doesn't have breakaway speed, not even close to it so he'll never take it the distance even if he does get to the secondary. Lundy is our most balanced back, but he doesn't have good vision every time. Taylor may be our best runner, but I haven't seen him enough to say he's our answer. DW, still can't believe he changed his name, may never come back. Our RB situation is the biggest question mark 2 me. The one time Dayne went over 100 yds. he needed a ton of carries against the worst run D in the league, I don't know how much weight to put on that.

The way I see it is these are our two biggest needs, hence they should be the ones we tackle in the 1st rd. of the draft. Obviously we can only take one so I'll do a little review of how I think our pick should be run down.
Agreed. We do need to retool the secondary. At safety we need some help but I feel that cornerback should also be addressed.

Also for RB we'll see where Dom Williams is in a few months and whether he will be ready to play to see if we need a RB or not.

Demeco is DROY! Congrats to all the Texans fans including myself who called it in preseason!
CB I agree, an upgrade would be nice, but I would like us to pursue Samuels or Clements this off-season. If we can't get them I just can't see us going CB with our first pick. Hall has been burned (Maybe that's a little harsh, but you know what I mean.) when I watch him. Which is against USC and Texas. So until Cason and Revis declare I don't think I'd put CB into first rd. consideration.
Leon Hall did not look very good in the game against USC, he got burned and didn't have the speed to recover and make the tackle which was worrisome. You assembled a good draft board, but the 2 RB's suggests you don't think Dom Williams is going to be effective when he returns? BTW I hate the name change it just sounds generic and lame.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
gunn
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 120
Reputation: 29
gunn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin
......and there's the bonus that he's from Houston.....
Peterson is not from Houston. He's from Palestine, which is closer to Dallas than it is Houston.
gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 949
Reputation: 27737
datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Oh, umm, there's the bonus that he's from Texas. :P
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 949
Reputation: 27737
datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin
One of the things I see that has been a major problem for our defense is our secondary. The reason our guys aren't getting to the QB consistently is that receiver's are getting open too quickly. It's been too many times this yr. where our defense blows by the o-line, but are still too late because somebody got open. Yes, our d-line doesn't always apply much pressure, but that can be chalked up to injuries as well. Weaver and Mario have played through injuries and Peek was out 5 weeks. I think Babin missed some time as well, but right now I can't remember. However with them all healthy as well as our DT's I think our pass rush will improve. I look at our secondary and to be honest our CB's aren't half bad, they'll give up the occasional big play, but it's at safety that we always get burned. Okay, maybe not always, but a majority of the time. Neither of our safeties really has much of a nose for the ball. While they are good at hitting and run support they need to be at the location of the play as the ball is getting there. A true ballhawking FS would do wonders for our defense.

On offense our guys are starting to finally click. What do I see missing here. A true RB, now I'm not saying that this is the biggest need, but this is our biggest need on offense. (depending on how Spencer goes.) Dayne doesn't have breakaway speed, not even close to it so he'll never take it the distance even if he does get to the secondary. Lundy is our most balanced back, but he doesn't have good vision every time. Taylor may be our best runner, but I haven't seen him enough to say he's our answer. DW, still can't believe he changed his name, may never come back. Our RB situation is the biggest question mark 2 me. The one time Dayne went over 100 yds. he needed a ton of carries against the worst run D in the league, I don't know how much weight to put on that.

The way I see it is these are our two biggest needs, hence they should be the ones we tackle in the 1st rd. of the draft. Obviously we can only take one so I'll do a little review of how I think our pick should be run down.
Agreed. We do need to retool the secondary. At safety we need some help but I feel that cornerback should also be addressed.

Also for RB we'll see where Dom Williams is in a few months and whether he will be ready to play to see if we need a RB or not.

Demeco is DROY! Congrats to all the Texans fans including myself who called it in preseason!
CB I agree, an upgrade would be nice, but I would like us to pursue Samuels or Clements this off-season. If we can't get them I just can't see us going CB with our first pick. Hall has been burned (Maybe that's a little harsh, but you know what I mean.) when I watch him. Which is against USC and Texas. So until Cason and Revis declare I don't think I'd put CB into first rd. consideration.
Leon Hall did not look very good in the game against USC, he got burned and didn't have the speed to recover and make the tackle which was worrisome. You assembled a good draft board, but the 2 RB's suggests you don't think Dom Williams is going to be effective when he returns? BTW I hate the name change it just sounds generic and lame.
It's not that I don't want him to come back. It's just that the guy has been plagued by injuries throughout his whole career. Even if by some miracle he did come back I don't think he'll make it through the whole season and I don't wanna go through the letdown of last season at RB. It would be best to pick up a RB and make it a strentgh if he did come back. If he didn't come back and we picked up a 1st rd. RB it would still solidify our position.

I agree with the assessment of Hall. I think if Cason or Revis came out they might be worth the pick, but neither of those guys are as polished yet. If we did take a CB I would rather do it in the second rd. where we would get better value.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 464
Reputation: 10187
mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

wow congrats on demeco winnin droy, i knew he was good and was gonna be good when he started to pile on the tackles...one note is that mel kiper had him as a top 10 pick before the combine but fell till the 2nd round for ya nice job
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 556
Reputation: 9033
bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Jackpot !!!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 949
Reputation: 27737
datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Anybody listen to 610 AM? I usually listen to it once in a while, this Friday however I was listening to it and Rich was on there by himself. I never really pay attention, but I came to the realization that Rich is an asshole. Not only that but he does a disservice to our fan base with all the garbage he spews. Everyone was trashing David Carr and you know, he didn't bother to correct anybody or be logical. This is where everything went down hill though. He began talking about how QB's trascend things and this is what he used as an example. VY made my wife and daughter pay attention to the Longhorns. Which I thought was total BS what the hell does that have to do with trascending anything? If they weren't really paying attention before then what kind of fans were they really? I mean I just didn't see the connection there and he was all proud of that. Whatever so they keep trashing Carr and I think our fan base is pretty clueless so I decide to call up and give my opinion. I finally get on and start making my points. AJ lead's the AFC in dropped passes, we've never had a long tenured OC we etc. etc. He respond's by saying look I know all that, but it doesn't matter and proceeded to in his way say Carr still suck's and should be run out of town. Then cut me off, which really pissed me off, because I was about to go off on his hero. Now don't get me wrong I didn't get pissed about his opinion. I got mad because of the way he treated mine. He's basically feeding the hate for Carr our fan base is uneducated about football as it is and this dingleberry is not helping anything. He only allows what he want's to hear out to the public and downplays opposing views. I dunno, I guess I just needed to vent, I've been holding that in since Friday and I just needed to air that out. F**** Rich Lord!
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,376
Reputation: 27250
America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

What would yall think of Reggie Nelson?
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 949
Reputation: 27737
datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

He's # 2 on my big board, but would really be great for us if he's still there.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
gunn
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 120
Reputation: 29
gunn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin
Whatever so they keep trashing Carr and I think our fan base is pretty clueless so I decide to call up and give my opinion. I finally get on and start making my points. AJ lead's the AFC in dropped passes, we've never had a long tenured OC we etc. etc. He respond's by saying look I know all that, but it doesn't matter and proceeded to in his way say Carr still suck's and should be run out of town. Then cut me off, which really pissed me off, because I was about to go off on his hero. Now don't get me wrong I didn't get pissed about his opinion. I got mad because of the way he treated mine. He's basically feeding the hate for Carr our fan base is uneducated about football as it is and this dingleberry is not helping anything. He only allows what he want's to hear out to the public and downplays opposing views. I dunno, I guess I just needed to vent, I've been holding that in since Friday and I just needed to air that out. F**** Rich Lord!
Carr blows. The Carr era will likely (and hopefully) come to an end. Five years and nothing to show. You can come up with any excuse you want (and some may acutally be legitimate) but at some point in time a player (especially a player such as David with the #1 overall pick status and salary considerations attached to his resume) has to step up and make plays. And that is something Carr has done very little of in his time here and certainly not on a consistant enough level.

Look, David is a good guy and all, but he two sides are at a point where they would likely both benefit from a clean break. When you have key players such as Dunta and AJ calling out “the qb play” through various media outlets there is no way the organization can trot Carr out as the starting quarterback next season and expect the team and the fans to take management seriously. Certainly not after absolutely horrid draft and free agent decisions by past the past regime as well as the top of the draft debacle that took place this past season. The organization, at the risk of losing even more fan rooting interest, can ill afford keeping that losing stigma that, like it or not, is attached to David Carr as the face of the franchise. They are already on thin ice after passing on both hometown legend Vince Young and Reggie Bush and taking someone most had never heard of. They cannot make one false step. Add to that the fact that Kubiak all but completely took the ball out of Carr’s hands from the Oakland game on because his play was doing more to hurt the team than help; and that makes for a combination of actions/events that does not sit well with fans.

David Carr will not be back with this organization next season. The best they can hope for is to get a 4th round pick for him, but everything that I’ve heard people in the know saying is that the best he will fetch right now is a 5th rounder.
gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
gunn
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 120
Reputation: 29
gunn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by America
What would yall think of Reggie Nelson?
I'm not a big fan of taking safties that high. Definitely not in a safety rich draft such as this one. I really think the organization is going to make a run at Nate Clements in free agency. And there may be reason to believe they have a really good chance at landing him, as from what I hear (according to Pallilo), he is building a house in The Woodlands. That would definitely help shore up the secondary as you could then slide Petey to the nickel.

As for the #8, they have so many needs that if they can slide back get another second and still get a Lynch, or a Anderson or Brown in round one and then have two picks round two for which to aquire a safety if need be, then I got to think that’s a better route to go than a possible slight reach for Nelson.
gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
gunn
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 120
Reputation: 29
gunn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

bump
gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Grid
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 131
Reputation: 10
Grid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunn
Quote:
Originally Posted by America
What would yall think of Reggie Nelson?
I'm not a big fan of taking safties that high. Definitely not in a safety rich draft such as this one. I really think the organization is going to make a run at Nate Clements in free agency. And there may be reason to believe they have a really good chance at landing him, as from what I hear (according to Pallilo), he is building a house in The Woodlands. That would definitely help shore up the secondary as you could then slide Petey to the nickel.

As for the #8, they have so many needs that if they can slide back get another second and still get a Lynch, or a Anderson or Brown in round one and then have two picks round two for which to aquire a safety if need be, then I got to think that’s a better route to go than a possible slight reach for Nelson.
Right, Nate Clements is key to this off season. If we are able to acquire him then it will open things up to many things which we might do this off season and draft. Finding stud CB is about as difficult as finding franchise LT in FA and yes he won't come cheap.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
gunn
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 120
Reputation: 29
gunn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

Right, Nate Clements is key to this off season. If we are able to acquire him then it will open things up to many things which we might do this off season and draft. Finding stud CB is about as difficult as finding franchise LT in FA and yes he won't come cheap.
I fully expect him to fleece the organization out of more money than he likely deserves, but that's the price they'll have to pay if they want to attract players such as Clements to a bottom dweller team.
gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 949
Reputation: 27737
datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Gunn on your first argument I'm not gonna quote it, but I will say this. AJ calling out David is ironic when he led the AFC in dropped balls, ranked where he did in YAC and had the ball thrown his way more than almost any other receiver in the league. We can all assume that Dunta called out DC, but that is just speculation as the very next day Dunta said he didn't call him out. I'm sorry to say, but you sound just like what the media wants you to sound like. Even though there are legitimate reasons for Carr's performance he still blow's. Carr has stepped up and made plays unfortunately when he did his team fell short on capitalizing. I'm not gonna rehash the whole argument here so take it for what it's worth. Be it that is sit's well or not with fans. The point I was getting at is that the media fails in creating a well informed fanbase, perhaps if they called it like it was we would all have a better understanding of the situation instead of repeating what is spoonfed to us by ill informed media.

You say DC won't be back, but you're wrong he will be back. Take that for what it's worth. It's funny that all the media feed this erroneous speculation, but at least it will be interesting when the next season starts.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 949
Reputation: 27737
datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Nelson is the only safety that warrants a top ten pick in this draft and would not be a reach if we took him. However depending on who else is available he might not be the best option for us. However the guy would provide a great deal of help for the team if we did take him.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Lynn Swan of SWDC Hall of Fame
Posts: 18,201
Reputation: 210983
Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin
Nelson is the only safety that warrants a top ten pick in this draft and would not be a reach if we took him. However depending on who else is available he might not be the best option for us. However the guy would provide a great deal of help for the team if we did take him.
In my opinion; any Safety not named Sean Taylor, or someone who is like him at 6'2" 230-lbs and 4.4, doesn't deserve a top ten pick. The best three safeties in the league went from late 1st to early 3rd range. Anyway...

Are you people buying the Plummer starting for the Texans in '07 rumour? Because I don't.
__________________

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Grid
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 131
Reputation: 10
Grid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Plummer is not up grade over David Carr. They are both too identical to each other by all means. I like to see Texans draft some one in letter rounds and groom them.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.