Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
hahaha....2 things-

Go read the Cowboys pass defense write up regarding Henry again, I think you missed something.

Yikes, how did I miss that one.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I was trying to say that Campbell and Palmer had similar starts. People have compared players careers before.
It's a baseless comparison, the stats you pulled up mean next to nothing. As I said, that applies to so many Quarterbacks it's not even funny, you just want to use Carson because he's a successful QB that blossomed in a way that it's completely unrealistic to assume that Campbell will.

Plus the Jesus/Villa line was slammin'.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's a baseless comparison, the stats you pulled up mean next to nothing. As I said, that applies to so many Quarterbacks it's not even funny, you just want to use Carson because he's a successful QB that blossomed in a way that it's completely unrealistic to assume that Campbell will.

Yes it was .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But you called them a great secondary, they are hardly good if that.

If you don't have a good secondary, you need a good pass rush unless your defense against the pass will be weak. Your secondary is average and your pass rush is horrid, end of argument.
And they are a great secondary. They have a solid #1 and 2 and Smoot and Macklin to be solid Nickels and dimes. Plus a pro bowl S and a potential pro bowler. Washington has 6 guys that can all do their job, and do it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah it was

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hahaha....2 things-

Go read the Cowboys pass defense write up regarding Henry again, I think you missed something.

And I think you have to take into account the lines of Washington and Philly. Samuels is the best OL of the two groups, but from LG to RT I'd take every Philly lineman.
Samuels is the best OL of the bunch? Shawn Andrews says hello
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its time we have a nfc north thread :)
Old 05-08-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
And they are a great secondary. They have a solid #1 and 2 and Smoot and Macklin to be solid Nickels and dimes. Plus a pro bowl S and a potential pro bowler. Washington has 6 guys that can all do their job, and do it well.
SOlid # 1 and # 2?

Neither Rogers or Springs can be a true #1 IMO. Smoot wasn't good enough for a team that was in need of a CB. Macklin was mediocre in Arizona. Taylor struggled last year.

Nothing about that secondary as a whole is great.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 05-08-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Laron Landry will be great, but I agree with you on the rest.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on what the Giants are going to be running on defense. Will they be attacking?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Any word on what the Giants are going to be running on defense. Will they be attacking?
Eagles-like from what I hear out of Spags.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 05-09-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eagles-like from what I hear out of Spags.
4 attacking defenses should make for some interesting games. All of the teams still have a TE that can stretch the seem...which makes it hard for us to match up our LB's against them. Bringing a safety up to man up...really hamstrings the defense leaving one guy deep in cover 1 or even cover 0 sometimes. Just because of this I think the Eagles have the best chance at the division. The best OL of the group.

OL
1- Eagles, solid all around
2- Cowboys, no loses and 3 key offseason additions
3- Redskins, Dockery will hurt
4- Giants, how will Mannings backside be

This is the key to the division in my eyes.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 05-09-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SOlid # 1 and # 2?

Neither Rogers or Springs can be a true #1 IMO. Smoot wasn't good enough for a team that was in need of a CB. Macklin was mediocre in Arizona. Taylor struggled last year.

Washington doesnt need Smoot or Macklin to be #1's or 2's.
Macklin and Smoot were mediocre as starters, but not backups.
Rogers is still young and is still developing, and Springs is on the way down but can still play #2

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Washington doesnt need Smoot or Macklin to be #1's or 2's.
Macklin and Smoot were mediocre as starters, but not backups.
Rogers is still young and is still developing, and Springs is on the way down but can still play #2
So who is this "solid #1" you speak of?

Please don't say Rogers is a solid #1 CB.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 05-09-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
1. Giants (10-6)- much easier schedule, Eli should improve, defense should improve, and provided we dont get killed with injurys, we should be a good team whos gonna surprise a lot of people next year.

2. Cowboys (10-6)- I think Romo is gonna sputter a bit, but the Cowboys are good enough besides that to make the playoffs.

3. Eagles (9-7)- Mcnabb is a huge question mark. Im not sold that he is gonna be unaffected by all these injurys. In addition he wasnt winning games before going down next year. plus another injury wouldnt surprise me

4. Redskins (7-9)- I think they are gonna be a little better then last year. they should be a solid enough team and would probably contend for a wildcard if not in the East.

How is McNabb a question mark but Eli isn't? Coughlin is ruining Manning's development and he's only going to screw it up more for him. There's no way the Giants finish first in the division without Tiki Barber. That team is finishing somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8 and Coughlin is going to be fired.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
How is McNabb a question mark but Eli isn't? Coughlin is ruining Manning's development and he's only going to screw it up more for him. There's no way the Giants finish first in the division without Tiki Barber. That team is finishing somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8 and Coughlin is going to be fired.
As much of a concern is about the QB situation and the RB situation I still think Eli's backside is the biggest question mark going into TC.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 05-09-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on dude, you're dealing with GRF. The same guy who called Eli Manning "Mr. Clutch".
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SOlid # 1 and # 2?

Taylor did match up against #1 receivers a lot though last season.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i agree. Barber was an amazing running back and missing him would be a big issue. GRF you say eli should progress but that is not guaranteed. its very possible he says where he is or even regresses.

another fine point to ponder that BBD said before, look at how all 4 defenses are now aggressive defenses. Now look at the offenses run, the eagles with their WCO have the advantage in this respect compared to the opposing defensives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
i agree. Barber was an amazing running back and missing him would be a big issue. GRF you say eli should progress but that is not guaranteed. its very possible he says where he is or even regresses.

another fine point to ponder that BBD said before, look at how all 4 defenses are now aggressive defenses. Now look at the offenses run, the eagles with their WCO have the advantage in this respect compared to the opposing defensives.
The WCO might have the advantage...but jamming a WR on the line would lower it's effectiveness. I think the OL is the biggest factor in this division. If you can stop or delay the rush...the qb's can make plays.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 05-09-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The WCO might have the advantage...but jamming a WR on the line would lower it's effectiveness. I think the OL is the biggest factor in this division. If you can stop or delay the rush...the qb's can make plays.
yeah i agree that oline play is important, but the eagles also have an excellent line also

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 05-09-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yeah i agree that oline play is important, but the eagles also have an excellent line also
I said that about 8 posts ago man.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 05-09-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
I said that about 8 posts ago man.
did you know that the eagles have a good o line?

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 05-09-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
did you know that the eagles have a good o line?
you don't make any sense.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 05-09-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well, Eli hasnt had a terrible season yet. in fact he has had exactly the same (solid) number of TDs/INTs 2 years in a row. even with major injuries on offense last year.

I think the chances of Eli being less then a decent starter are slim, while the chances of Mcnabb getting injured yet again, are high.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now that smoot is back in washington in a defense that he loves and knows...i think his performance will go back up to what it was like in 01-04, he'll be very solid for #2 or 3 corner

and rogers can handle #1's, may not be the greatest or even great but he will handle them.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote