Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 11-21-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Hey guys, I am curious, what happened to Sedrick Ellis? I haven't heard his name in 2 years.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...playerId=11242

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ellis is easily having his best year iyam

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Hey guys, I am curious, what happened to Sedrick Ellis? I haven't heard his name in 2 years.
Has been a complete stud on the defensive line for us this season.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we could get a true, legitimate nose tackle Sed Ellis would just beast. He's been awesome this year but give him someone next to him that can eat up two blockers and watch Ellis turn into an elite 3 tech.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:32 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just want to get this out there but I think the game againts the cowboys is both gonna be tough and a vital game for the playoff chances. We still have 2 very tough road games to go and I would like to have at least 11 wins to feel sure of the playoff chances.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-24-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do agree with that. I also feel we will be looking for some payback from last year and what better way to do it than on Dallas' traditional Thanksgiving Day game.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:20 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't think that the majority of the players on the team, doesn't remember last year.. heh. I think we'll have some revenge on the mind, for sure.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm concerned about Miles Austin who had a field day against us last season, and Dez Bryant against our banged up secondary. Sharper, Jenkins are questionable, and Jabari Greer is coming off a rough performance against Seattle.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Those match-ups concern me as well. Let's hope Williams has something special in the works to negate their passing attack. I hope that plan includes sending Kitna to the turf hard and often.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

why isnt morstead kicking off anymore, he was a way better kickoff guy than Hartley is

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-25-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I'm as happy as a sissy with a bag full of wieners right now. Although I am pissed we blew a 17 point lead, we proved that we can tighten it back down and come back and win. Chris Ivory was awesome and Malcolm Jenkins came up with the big defensive play right on time.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A win is always good, especially when you have to play twice within a span of 5 days. Thankfully Malcolm Jenkins made an amazing hustle play at the end or else our Thanksgiving's would be a lot worse off.

Brees played another great game, but man his Receivers really let him down with drops today. Jimmy Graham with 2 really painful ones... I love what his size, and athleticism brings to the table but he's still in-experienced.. and it was clear Reggie Bush was rusty from his long lay off. Hope to see him a lot more crisp running off of a full week of practice.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting a Saints jersey for Christmas and am trying to decide which one to get: Bobby Hebert or Jahri Evans?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-26-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm getting a Saints jersey for Christmas and am trying to decide which one to get: Bobby Hebert or Jahri Evans?
I'd get the Hebert, but that's just me. We went to the same college btw. Met him once. He is a tad pompous. Ya know what, **** it, get the Evans jersey.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby Hebert is a stupid jackass, and wasn't even that good. When I heard him voted as the greatest Saints player ever, I puked in my mouth.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I guess Hartley is back for you guys huh? He nailed some very clutch kicks and if this was another 1 of his off days it could have made the difference. Jimmy Graham is gonna end up a beast and tearing it up eventually but you could tell he was a rookie out there, still when push came to shove Brees did what he had to do and was pin point accurate in doing so.

Maybe David Thomas should have gotten some of those looks instead of Graham, he's less flashy but alot more reliable. It was a good game though, wish Meachem would keep his act together and continue to work hard and stay out of the dog house. I feel like he could be your best WR if he wanted it bad enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
why isnt morstead kicking off anymore, he was a way better kickoff guy than Hartley is
still curious

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-26-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
still curious
I believe Payton gave some lame explanation of Hartley gives us better "hang time" or something which is ridiculous because Morstead has one of the stronger legs in the NFL and would routinely hit Touchbacks. Where as Hartley has been close to kicking out of bounds on numerous occasions, and rarely do his kicks go deeper then the 5 yard line.

Maybe Payton wants to get Hartley more involved in the game and keep a kicking rhythm going? or possibly Morstead might be dinged.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I'd get the Hebert, but that's just me. We went to the same college btw. Met him once. He is a tad pompous. Ya know what, **** it, get the Evans jersey.
I was leaning towards the Evans jersey. Only other people I could think of that I'd like to get a jersey for our Vilma, Lance Moore, or Malcom Jenkins.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-27-2010, 07:47 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
I believe Payton gave some lame explanation of Hartley gives us better "hang time" or something which is ridiculous because Morstead has one of the stronger legs in the NFL and would routinely hit Touchbacks. Where as Hartley has been close to kicking out of bounds on numerous occasions, and rarely do his kicks go deeper then the 5 yard line.

Maybe Payton wants to get Hartley more involved in the game and keep a kicking rhythm going? or possibly Morstead might be dinged.
much obliged

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-27-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I was leaning towards the Evans jersey. Only other people I could think of that I'd like to get a jersey for our Vilma, Lance Moore, or Malcom Jenkins.
All 3 of those would be nice.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

The more I think of it the more I think we need to win out (or only lose to baltimore) to even have a shot to win the division. Atlanta closes with an away game against Tampa, a game against us, two games against carolina and a game against seattle. I really dont see them losing the last three and they hold the tie breaker against us unless they lose against tampa and us and we lose against baltimore but win out. So we will hold the tiebreaker if we win four and lose to baltimore if atlanta also loses another game (go tampa??).

Either way my point is that we are screwed that minny and dallas are so sucky this season (certainly considering the fact that they actually both played us tough) and we will have a weird twilight when watching the tampa-atlanta game

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-01-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Do we even have a draftpick beyond the third if we do indeed get the third from the skins?

If im not mistaking

4th to Jacksonville for Tennant drafting
5th back to Washington
6th to Pats for David Thomas
7th to Pats for David Thomas

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-01-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

We have our 7th I believe.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=5173519