Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 02-28-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, the only things the Saints have to do are re-sign Brees, restructure Will Smith and Roman Harper, extend Jermon Bushrod, and cut Devery Henderson, Scott Shanle, and Jonathan Vilma before free agency.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Really, the only things the Saints have to do are re-sign Brees, restructure Will Smith and Roman Harper, extend Jermon Bushrod, and cut Devery Henderson, Scott Shanle, and Jonathan Vilma before free agency.
You mean resign Nicks...right? And since we are opening cap space, resign Colston/Meachem, right? :) If we cut Devery we have 2 WRs (Moore, Arrington/?)
Old 03-01-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care about Meachem or Devery at all. We can so easily replace them, it's pointless to care about them or spend anything of any consequence on them.

I'm sick of keeping mediocre receivers just because our passing game is so strong. At least bring in some late rounders to try and develop, Colston is the only one I'd even care to pay anything significant too.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so i gotta ask whats with this "very good but not great" thing with Micky Loomis? Did he say that or did he say Brees was a very good QB and leave it at that?
Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well aint this some ****!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...ogram-nfl-says

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to admit. This offseason is not looking good. We always seem to keep our core guys, but this year we could very well end up losing Nicks, Colston, Meacham and Porter plus some draft picks due to the whole bounty thing. Obviously Brees ain't going anywhere and we'll likely keep some of the other mentioned players, but it ain't looking good right now. And we don't even have a first round pick to start with. At least it can't get any worse, can it?

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
I have to admit. This offseason is not looking good. We always seem to keep our core guys, but this year we could very well end up losing Nicks, Colston, Meacham and Porter plus some draft picks due to the whole bounty thing. Obviously Brees ain't going anywhere and we'll likely keep some of the other mentioned players, but it ain't looking good right now. And we don't even have a first round pick to start with. At least it can't get any worse, can it?
It could, but Id rather not say how.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else see the report that Brees was offered a contract to make him the highest paid player in the NFL and he turned it down? I feel as though some behind the scenes mess is screwing this organization over.
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...story/10216198

On top of that this Bounty thing probably ****** our entire season. Goodell is gonna go for the jugular to set an example. I expect nothing less than the Saints being crucified by outrageous suspensions and etc. Thanks alot Greg Williams because i bet anything you will get a slap on the hand while the Saints suffer harshly.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that about Brees. A part of me thinks its Loomis as the guy behind the scenes that's screwing **** up but then again it could very well be something else. I don't know what to make of the Brees contract talks. He has to know that if the team places the franchise tag on him then that leaves little room to return his best bodyguard in Nicks and one of his favorite targets in Colston.

It seems like for a guy that preaches being team first and organization first that he's really screwing them over right now.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-02-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy What the ****?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I saw that about Brees. A part of me thinks its Loomis as the guy behind the scenes that's screwing **** up but then again it could very well be something else. I don't know what to make of the Brees contract talks. He has to know that if the team places the franchise tag on him then that leaves little room to return his best bodyguard in Nicks and one of his favorite targets in Colston.

It seems like for a guy that preaches being team first and organization first that he's really screwing them over right now.
Something doesn't add up. I really think there's more to it than we'll ever really know. Sadly, I think the fact that neither side (Brees and Condon or Loomis and the Saints) are willing to budge, New Orleans is going to have to tag Brees and hope to God they can sign Colston or Nicks before they both leave via free agency.

And now, with this whole "bounty" situation, we can forget about attempting to rebuild/restock our team with the draft. Methinks that we're going to lose at least our second rounder, if not multiple picks.

Sadly, I think this upcoming season is going to be tumultuous at best.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

I agree next season is gonna be an uphill battle especially with the big unknown fines, suspensions and what have you coming the organizations way.

Diab, i still believe Brees to be the man he says and appears to be. The Saints are still a business and being a business i see them totally sayins " well drew your in your mid-thirties so we have to take all that comes with being that age into consideration." i see the business side of it more than i see a player going "nah i need more money." That said Brees should get whatever makes him happy imo. That man revitalized a piss poor example of a pro football team, and turned it into a respectable organization on the eyes of the public and nfl(until you know we found out Williams was the **** we knew he was and the Saints let it slide)

What are your guys thoughts on people calling for Sean Payton, Greg Williams and Mickey Loomis' head? I believe fines will be all that happens, and could really careless what happens to Williams but just the thought of firing Payton scares me greatly.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
I agree next season is gonna be an uphill battle especially with the big unknown fines, suspensions and what have you coming the organizations way.

Diab, i still believe Brees to be the man he says and appears to be. The Saints are still a business and being a business i see them totally sayins " well drew your in your mid-thirties so we have to take all that comes with being that age into consideration." i see the business side of it more than i see a player going "nah i need more money." That said Brees should get whatever makes him happy imo. That man revitalized a piss poor example of a pro football team, and turned it into a respectable organization on the eyes of the public and nfl(until you know we found out Williams was the **** we knew he was and the Saints let it slide)

What are your guys thoughts on people calling for Sean Payton, Greg Williams and Mickey Loomis' head? I believe fines will be all that happens, and could really careless what happens to Williams but just the thought of firing Payton scares me greatly.
I agree with 2/3 of that list and that would be Williams and Loomis' heads. The common denominator in all of this is Gregg Williams especially now that he has a history of doing this with the Redskins and Titans. Each team he has coached has been considered dirty. People calling for his head are justified and his head is what should be given to Goodell on a dirty platter. What he did was disgraceful and reminiscent of foregone age in the NFL when that type of **** was tolerated. There's a reason there aren't any more Buddy Ryan's and why those who coach similar to him are going the way of the dinosaur.

As far as Loomis - I don't see him keeping his job. According to one report, Benson knew about the bounties and told Loomis to make it stop and he ignored that request. Take that, couple it with the pill scandal from a few years ago, sprinkle in a little "very good QB" comment from a few days ago and Loomis has the makings of someone who will be fired posthaste.

I, for one, wouldn't shed any tears over it. He's had some good years but then he's had some **** years. His biggest contributions were bringing in Sean Payton, Drew Brees, and Scott Fujita as free agents. While those are the greatest additions in Saints history (Fujita debatable), he's also had one decent sized scandal (pills) and now this bounty system.

The scouting department is the strength of the Saints and that has reflected very favorably upon Loomis. If not for them players like Lance Moore, Pierre Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Carl Nicks, Jahri Evans, Marques Colston, Chris Ivory, Jermon Bushrod, and Zach Strief all wouldn't have found their way to New Orleans as mid to late draft picks or UDFA's.

Scandal aside, the Saints have the foundation for a team to be successful for many years to come and shouldn't have a problem finding a smart and savvy GM candidate to come to the team.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-03-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My prediction on what will be the punishment for this whole bounty thing.

Greg Williams
He was behind the whole thing, but is no longer with the Saints. I'm guessing he will be hit with a 4-8 game suspension plus a hefty fine.

Mickey Loomis
He knew about it, but didn't do anything. If I understand it correctly you could also say that he can be held responsible for what the head coach and coordinators are doing. Will be hit with a large fine and might be out of a job when it's all said and done.

Sean Payton
Also knew about it, but didn't do anything about it. Will also get a fine, and might also be hit with a 1-4 game suspension.

The players
22-27 players is said to be involved. We don't know how many will still be with the team when the season starts. I'm guessing we'll see fines and 1-4 game suspensions being handed out to everyone involved.

The organization
I'd expect to see Goodell take away our 2nd round pick this year, our 1st next year and maybe an extra pick this year. There's a lot that can be done to the organization, so it might also be a combination of draft picks and something else.

Thoughs?

Signature made by me

Old 03-03-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Greg Williams
He was behind the whole thing, but is no longer with the Saints. I'm guessing he will be hit with a 4-8 game suspension plus a hefty fine.

Mickey Loomis
He knew about it, but didn't do anything. If I understand it correctly you could also say that he can be held responsible for what the head coach and coordinators are doing. Will be hit with a large fine and might be out of a job when it's all said and done.

Sean Payton
Also knew about it, but didn't do anything about it. Will also get a fine, and might also be hit with a 1-4 game suspension.

The players
22-27 players is said to be involved. We don't know how many will still be with the team when the season starts. I'm guessing we'll see fines and 1-4 game suspensions being handed out to everyone involved.

The organization
I'd expect to see Goodell take away our 2nd round pick this year, our 1st next year and maybe an extra pick this year. There's a lot that can be done to the organization, so it might also be a combination of draft picks and something else.

Thoughs?
Sveen, good to see you back, first and foremost.

That said, I think that you're, unfortunately for the Saints, right on the money. Supposedly, there have been whispers that New Orleans should lose their franchise tag, but I don't see that happening.

Also, some people, including NFL on CBS analyst Boomer Esiason said that Gregg Williams should be fired. I don't know if the NFL will strike down that hard; however, this seems to be a pattern of behavior from the Redskins, Titans and now the Saints.

We will just have to wait and see. This and the whole Drew Brees situation is just really making my stomach tie up in knots. Hopefully both will be resolved sooner rather than later so we can move forward.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The organization

Thoughs?
I have to be honest, it wouldn't bother me to see you guys punished that severely (because we are competing for the Super Bowl), but I honestly do not see them taking away your top pick this year AND next year.

We'll see, but I don't anticipate that much in terms of draft picks.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

According to Jay Glazer the Saints have tagged Drew Brees
https://twitter.com/#!/JayGlazer/sta...43156381515776

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-03-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Good to be back Saints Dome Patrol. I've been following the Saints as much as always, but just haven't had the time to be here as much.

With Brees getting the franchise tag we can say goodbye to Carl Nicks and probably Marques Colston too. I still have hope we might be able to keep Robert Meachem and/or Tracy Porter, but that remains to be seen. Obviously we won't be getting many or any starters in the draft so free agency will be more important than ever this year. Hopefully we can find one or two diamonds in the rough.

And bye the way. The next time Brees finds himself on the ground after getting pressure up the middle he can thank himself for sure. Got to say that if everything is as it's being reported I'm very disappointed in our leader and "team first" quarterback.

Signature made by me

Last edited by Sveen : 03-03-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I'm starting to like the franchise tag, actually. Wait, before I'm drawn and quartered, hear me out:

The exclusive rights tag counts for $15.4 million, which is far less than a salary we would pay Brees with a new contract. It's (hopefully) taken as a sign of faith that the organization is still willing to negotiate throughout the season when the money can be applied towards next season if a new contract is signed.

By saving that money with the tag (and by restructuring Will Smith's contract) the Saints now have money to work with towards re-signing Carl Nicks to a deal similar to the one Jahri Evans received. If we release Vilma then that gives us additional money to either re-sign Colston or Meachem.

The Saints would have to be frugal in FA signings but that's nothing new. Re-signing JoLonn Dunbar, Jeff Charleston, and possibly signing Chris Chamberlain to compete at OLB (along with a couple other low to mid players) and the Saints shouldn't skip a bit.

Of course this is very optimistic but that's what we have to be like with this **** show that just came out yesterday. I know Brees wants to remain in New Orleans and if he can bear with the franchise tag for a season then the FO can continue to negotiate a deal for next year which would be more beneficial to the team than getting one done this year.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-04-2012, 02:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think that would be fine to let him play the season out on the tag? You just don't see that all too often with top 5 QB's, and/or the best player on the team. No player ever wants to do that, and it can be viewed as a lack of disrespect to that player.

Ideally it does make more sense in your scenario, but it just seems like it would cause a problem more then anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:27 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

I'd be shocked to see Brees play the season under the franchise tag. He did that his last season in San Diego and we all know how that went for him. However I don't like what this means for our chances of re-signing Carl Nicks. He will go to the highest bidder and I can't see that being us. Honestly I think he'll end up a Dallas Cowboy when it's all said and done.

Signature made by me

Old 03-04-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:

Greg Williams

Mickey Loomis

Sean Payton

The players

The organization

Thoughs?
Here are my predictions for what will happen knowing full well that Goodell is going to HAMMER everyone involved in the Bounty System.

Gregg Williams
The bounty system started with Williams and now with reports coming out that he did this in Washington and Buffalo along with New Orleans he's in big trouble.
Prediction: Lifetime ban

Mickey Loomis
He knew about it, was ordered by Benson to make it stop, and ignored his boss. He'll be held responsible for what the coaches under him, his subordinates, are doing.
Prediction: Fired and fined $250,000

Sean Payton
Bill Belichick was held responsible for Spycam (refuse to name anything _Gate) and he'll be held responsible for what one of his coordinators did. He won't be fired but he'll be heavily fined more than Belichick was.
Prediction: $750,000 fine

The players
Bobby McCray is one of the players that could be held accountable but he's out of the league. Jon Vilma, who put $10k up to anyone that took Brett Favre out in the NFCCG will be definitely targeted.
Prediction: 8 game suspension. $100,000 fine

The organization
Of course the organization, just like the Patriots, will be held accountable as well.
Prediction: Loss of 2012 2nd round pick, loss of 2013 1st round pick, $500,000 fine

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-04-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can only hope you are wrong.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

At least we get.... Moss?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

**** that.

This whole "Bounty Hunt" is a witch hunt. Goodell is just trying to flex his nuts and it's going to just hurt the image of the league.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-07-2012, 02:46 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

You know the more i think on this Bounty thing, i feel as though Goodell is gonna bring the pain on the Saints for being told to end all bounties and lying to the NFL. I believe that both media and the PR for the NFL are twisting this into some morality issue with trying to hurt other players. After seeing so many players come out and say "this ain't new. we've been doing this forever." tells me that the degree in which the Saints placed bounties on players is being blown way out of proportion. I believe it was Darren Woodson who i feel pretty much told us "Regular Joes" how it is: He stated that the terminology like Knock Out and etc are being twisted by both the NFL and the media to mean something awful, when in fact most NFL players associate those words with something totally different, like knocking someone out doesnt equate to a cart off or unconscious and stuff it is basically a damn good lick on the opposition.

On a related side note, i hate how all these players such as Farve are coming out saying how they felt the Saints intent was to be dirty and how the hits they took were clearly dirty. I'm sorry but if there wasnt a flag during the game and was ruled clean, or didnt result in a fine after the game was reviewed, you need to GTFO. Going back and looking at past games going "this hit right here was cheap" and etc is ridiculous. It was ruled clean in the freaking game how can it be determine to be dirty after the fact. There is way too much assumption going on in this "scandal" and i fear that is gonna cripple this team even further.