Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 01-12-2014, 08:39 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The draft will be critical to us, again. Seattle has the luxury of having most of their core on rookie deals and not having to spend $20+ million on a QB every season.

I'm encouraged by the emergence of Khiry Robinson and this new version of Mark Ingram. The run game looks like it will be fine moving forward, however, we desperately need more weapons in the passing game (WR, another TE) and could use an upgrade at C and RT.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:16 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post

I'm encouraged by the emergence of Khiry Robinson and this new version of Mark Ingram. The run game looks like it will be fine moving forward, however, we desperately need more weapons in the passing game (WR, another TE) and could use an upgrade at C and RT.
I agree about the run game. I also think that given who we have at QB, the upgrade at RT or C will be enough to make who ever is at WR be just fine.
Corey White has to go though. CB now rates equally with rush LB as our biggest need imo.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:57 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we forget that we have Victor Butler coming back next year, and on a contract year. CB and Safety are my two biggest concerns on defense right now, because we dont know how Greer will be when he comes back.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Safety position can be upgraded but I'd rather use the stop-gap solutions (Jenkins, Bush, IAQ) and invest draft picks and cap space at some other positions.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
The Safety position can be upgraded but I'd rather use the stop-gap solutions (Jenkins, Bush, IAQ) and invest draft picks and cap space at some other positions.
IAQ was cut for Jordan Pugh so I wouldn't consider him a stop gap. Jenkins is a UFA and I'm 50/50 on if he'll be re-signed.

So, yeah, we do need to look at S, CB, maybe C if BDLP isn't brought back, RT (depending on what to do about Strief since he's a UFA), WR (aging Moore & Colston and Toon not panning out), and I'd like to see another athletic TE added so the Saints could run more 12 personnel.

Imagine how unstoppable that offense could be if they had a Gronk type TE w/ Graham filling in the Hernandez role?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-22-2014, 11:43 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i still want a bit of attention on the OLine, the Oline was really struggling at times this season and brees is as good as his OLine

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:51 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crap, no more football and 4 months until the draft. This is gonna drag.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
i still want a bit of attention on the OLine, the Oline was really struggling at times this season and brees is as good as his OLine
I think Brees is as good as the interior of the OL. The main thing is the guards are going to be better. Armstead will get better, just gonna try and get a center to compliment them. We have had like 4 or 5 RT's in Brees's time, so its not too big of a deal. What we need is to get DB's. I would honestly say if we get a CB and S in the first three rounds we would be set up for a sexy next couple of years... If they pan out correctly.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:39 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...2-e50f25525f9a

Old 02-12-2014, 08:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Will Smith, Roman Harper, Jabari Gree, and Jonathan Vilma - four guys who I will always appreciate for what they have done for the Saints and who were exemplary guys during their careers with New Orleans.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-12-2014, 08:35 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Will Smith, Roman Harper, Jabari Gree, and Jonathan Vilma - four guys who I will always appreciate for what they have done for the Saints and who were exemplary guys during their careers with New Orleans.
+1, but giving their salaries I think its time to go seperate ways. I hope we can re-sign Greer and possibly Harper at least.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

We currently have 3.4 million in cap room due to the cuts we made.
A Franchise tag to Graham puts us at -2.6 million. I still see plenty of restructuring that will have to happen.

http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Saints

Old 02-15-2014, 07:21 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
We currently have 3.4 million in cap room due to the cuts we made.
A Franchise tag to Graham puts us at -2.6 million. I still see plenty of restructuring that will have to happen.

http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Saints
this a PT cut and a lance moore restructure is bound to happen. at least i cant see both going into next season under the current cap number.

hope we dont restructure too much. rather let the young guys develop well as well and have some room to spend next season

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-15-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
this a PT cut and a lance moore restructure is bound to happen. at least i cant see both going into next season under the current cap number.

hope we dont restructure too much. rather let the young guys develop well as well and have some room to spend next season
I'd hope we could trade him for at least a third before we just cut him.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:23 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
I'd hope we could trade him for at least a third before we just cut him.
whilst i agree in principle the teams know our cap mess so having a guy like PT who can be cut without penalty wont give us the best negotiation position im afraid. Having Robinson, Sproles and Ingram on the team also makes PT sort of expandable (although id rather keep pt and trade ingram still)

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-15-2014, 05:54 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
whilst i agree in principle the teams know our cap mess so having a guy like PT who can be cut without penalty wont give us the best negotiation position im afraid. Having Robinson, Sproles and Ingram on the team also makes PT sort of expandable (although id rather keep pt and trade ingram still)
I agree with you on keeping Thomas over Ingram but only if they are going to use him in the run as well. I feel like Sproles and Thomas handicaps the offense because Brees and Payton start getting in the the routine of constant screens. In the upcoming season I'd like them to commit to the run like they did in the playoffs. It obviously works with what we have but for some reason Payton won't fully commit to it and substitutes running the ball for screen passes. So I say cut Thomas if he is going to be your screen guy and honestly I wouldn't be upset if Sproles was cut as well. He's lost a step and is easily keyed in on during the game because he really only does screens. Give Robinson and Ingram the rock and pound away and develop Cadet as your new PT.

Do any of you guys see them bringing Malcolm Jenkins back? I really like the guy and feel that if he has the help required he's pretty damn good.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I hope to God we re-sign Jenkins.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:43 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

i hope we bring jenkins back, dont want to create a draft day need for an instant starter. Not saying that jenkins is a star but he is a decent starter on a defense that is somewhat thin. For the love of me lets not create more needs than we already have on draftday

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-16-2014, 11:00 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Am I the only one who believes are first two picks should be DBs? I would love to get Deone Bucannon and a CB. With as many three safety sets we do under Ryan, having a ball hawk like Bucannon back there with Vaccaro and Jenkins/Bush would be amazing.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how much credibility this has, but I was a barback at Tom Benson's NBA all star event, and Mickey Loomis was one of the last guests still in the building at the end of the night, and I walked over to greet him, and I begged him to please get Jimmy Graham re-signed, and when he shook my hand, he chuckled and said "Haha, oh it's done."

He had a few drinks, but wasn't blitzed, but I dunno if he just tells people that to get them off his back.

Odd that the only people from the Saints organization I saw there were him, Rob Ryan, and Junior Galette, because the place was jam packed with NBA legends and owners/league officials.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:18 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Am I the only one who believes are first two picks should be DBs? I would love to get Deone Bucannon and a CB. With as many three safety sets we do under Ryan, having a ball hawk like Bucannon back there with Vaccaro and Jenkins/Bush would be amazing.
agreed to an extent. Oline still needs help as does wideout, also kinda need a backup ilb so there are a bunch of needs to fill without much (if any) room in FA to fill stuff. Honestly starting to hope we dont draft an OLB, would be okay going into the season with guys like butler and some cheap FA to play oppositie of gallete

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-18-2014, 01:28 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah, with Greer let go, CB becomes our biggest day 1 draft need imo.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:24 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
agreed to an extent. Oline still needs help as does wideout, also kinda need a backup ilb so there are a bunch of needs to fill without much (if any) room in FA to fill stuff. Honestly starting to hope we dont draft an OLB, would be okay going into the season with guys like butler and some cheap FA to play oppositie of gallete
Quote:
Yeah, with Greer let go, CB becomes our biggest day 1 draft need imo.
I would love
1) Bucannon
2) Fuller
3) OT
4) WR

I know people saying we need WR's, but look at our catch percentages. We were the first team ever with four players with 70+ catches, and two were RB's. Plus, look at ALL of our WR's, late round players with solid work ethics who are taught by Brees.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that the RBs had 70 catches is a problem. We were forced to check down a lot because the O-Line doesn't hold up, or guys can't get separation (or both).

I don't think we're nearly good enough to be so picky either. BPA, all the way. worry about need if the grades are close.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:44 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
The fact that the RBs had 70 catches is a problem. We were forced to check down a lot because the O-Line doesn't hold up, or guys can't get separation (or both).

I don't think we're nearly good enough to be so picky either. BPA, all the way. worry about need if the grades are close.
Its not a problem persay, if you watched the Seahawks we ran like 8 screens. If you devise that over a 16 game season, that would be around 140 screens, which is two RBs 70 catches.

Personally, I think we were too cautious this year more so then most.