Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 03-12-2014, 12:09 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
That's the only way to go really with Brees at 35. I'll gladly take a super bowl or 2 and 2 bad years after Drew retires. They seem to think pretty highly of Ryan Griffin too since they bumped him up from the practice squad last year just so another team wouldn't claim him.
a starting calibre successor for brees in UDFA would piss off so many teams (and give us great cap recovery years btw)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loomis tha GAWD.

Seriously, his ability to manipulate the cap is astounding. I have complete faith in him in getting Jimmy signed while still adding Byrd and who knows who else.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Byrd signing really came out of no where, wasn't really expecting us to be major players in FA at all until most of the premier guys got signed; and what does Loomis do? Throws all that out the window and gets the top ranked Safety in this Free agency.

I think the order of business is getting Graham signed to a long term deal ASAP to bring his cap figure for this year down even further; and move Sproles and hopefully get a pick in return. Then I think we're going to have to figure something out at OL. (Center, and Right Tackle)
Old 03-13-2014, 04:22 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm hearing we only got a 5th out of the Sproles trade which is a little disappointing.

Anyways I'm getting the impression that Graham will play under the tag this season and either leave next offseason or get a deal midseason. I realistically don't see him getting signed long term this offseason.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
So I'm hearing we only got a 5th out of the Sproles trade which is a little disappointing.

Anyways I'm getting the impression that Graham will play under the tag this season and either leave next offseason or get a deal midseason. I realistically don't see him getting signed long term this offseason.
Well I mean he was a 31 year old, 3rd down back. Yes, at what he does he's really, really good. (catching screens, swing passes, running toss plays outside) Don't know how much we could have reasonably expected to get for him, especially since teams knew we were going to need to release him anyways and running backs don't carry that much of a value.

I think a 5th was really good value, also I wouldn't be so sure that we can't get Graham signed this off-season just yet. Usually when we think there's no way we can get something done, Loomis comes through and just gets it done. Have some faith.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loomis and the FO were all prepared to release Sproles outright and then turned around and got something for him. That's a huge win in my book.

Safe to say, though, that CB and WR are our two biggest needs heading into the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if we doubled up on those positions while also drafted a DE/OLB, RT, and possibly a C or DT.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-16-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
That Byrd signing really came out of no where, wasn't really expecting us to be major players in FA at all until most of the premier guys got signed; and what does Loomis do? Throws all that out the window and gets the top ranked Safety in this Free agency.

I think the order of business is getting Graham signed to a long term deal ASAP to bring his cap figure for this year down even further; and move Sproles and hopefully get a pick in return. Then I think we're going to have to figure something out at OL. (Center, and Right Tackle)
I think you hit with everything you just said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Well I mean he was a 31 year old, 3rd down back. Yes, at what he does he's really, really good. (catching screens, swing passes, running toss plays outside) Don't know how much we could have reasonably expected to get for him, especially since teams knew we were going to need to release him anyways and running backs don't carry that much of a value.

I think a 5th was really good value, also I wouldn't be so sure that we can't get Graham signed this off-season just yet. Usually when we think there's no way we can get something done, Loomis comes through and just gets it done. Have some faith.
I think getting a 5th for him was excellent. Keep in mind that as many passes he caught last year, PT23 was there with him (77 to 76 iirc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Loomis and the FO were all prepared to release Sproles outright and then turned around and got something for him. That's a huge win in my book.

Safe to say, though, that CB and WR are our two biggest needs heading into the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if we doubled up on those positions while also drafted a DE/OLB, RT, and possibly a C or DT.
I think CB and RT are the two biggests.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

We're going to resign Strief
Old 03-16-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we resign Strief I would consider this an amazing off season.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Still think we need to reload at WR and think that's more of a pressing need than OT

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-16-2014, 09:20 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Still think we need to reload at WR and think that's more of a pressing need than OT
Luckily this WR class is the deepest it's ever been. We could get great value at WR anywhere in the top 5 rounds. Hoping for Beckham though.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:51 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at what we do with UDFA's also. We'll get our WR.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
If we resign Strief I would consider this an amazing off season.
#Saints tackle Zach Strief is signing a new contract with the Saints this morning, according to Strief's agent.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

overpaid a bit for strief iyam. Think we couldve easily mirrored (or upgraded) his performance on draft day.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

just an fyi

Old 03-18-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
just an fyi

It may be that I'm stupid but what do the numbers signify?
Old 03-18-2014, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
It may be that I'm stupid but what do the numbers signify?
Just how much more we upgraded
Old 03-20-2014, 05:31 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

We lost a saints fan today

Old 03-20-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
overpaid a bit for strief iyam. Think we couldve easily mirrored (or upgraded) his performance on draft day.
I bet we still grab a tackle in the first three rounds.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:43 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Just how much more we upgraded
I think he means what specificly is being evaluated. Take 2012 for example; Byrd has +20 what?

Old 03-20-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
We lost a saints fan today

If that is someone in your family, I am sorry for your loss man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I bet we still grab a tackle in the first three rounds.
I wouldnt want one in the first two, unless we trade back and grab more picks. I think this draft is more about quantity besides quality. Because we have shown even with quantity we still find players.

Quote:
I think he means what specificly is being evaluated. Take 2012 for example; Byrd has +20 what?
All it says is grade in coverage. Ill believe it though.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
If that is someone in your family, I am sorry for your loss man.
Yeah thats maw maw

Quote:
the hell if i know bro i'm just happy to see higher numbers than Jenkins lol
Old 03-20-2014, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Still making moves

Quote:
The Saints shifted some money around for Lewis to give the team $1.2 million in cap savings in 2014 and $1 million in savings for 2015. The team turned $2.1 million into bonus money in 2014 to spread the cap hit.