Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 01-21-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fred Thomas

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing is certain after watching this game, we have to draft a cornerback in this upcoming draft. Freddy "Mr. Toast" Thomas can not be a starter in this league

On the game, there is absolutely no way the Bears played a perfect game like the refs called. I saw several penalties the refs overlooked. But, the Bears looked like the better team out there. We looked bad and unprepared. I do not know what it was out there but we just did not look like the team that had one 11 games this season and postseason. I am very disappointed.

As I have stated previously, I did not expect the Saints to get this far, or much less make the playoffs, but this is just so very disappointed for our team to get this far and fall short. My expectations and hopes have been dashed.

Here is to next season. Cheers.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on a great season guys. Nothing to be ashamade about considering nobody even expected you to make the playoffs.

That being said, I was supposedly "owned" a month ago for saying that if the Bears and Saints met in the playoffs we would win for two reasons.

1)Homefield advantage
2)Your lack of run defense

Looks pretty dead on. Before anything else happens the Saints need to add a lot of talent on defense or they'll never win on the road in the playoffs.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Freddy "Mr. Toast" Thomas can not be a starter in this league
First off, sorry to see the Saints season end in a blowout. I'll admit I don't like them that much because the media was making the Saints seem like an undefeated team. It was a good story while it lasted.

Second, Izell Jenkins is the real toast. You can call Freddy that now...but when your teammates call you "Izell 'Toast' Jenkins," you know you get burned a lot.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a tough loss, but the Saints are looking good for next year...

sucks to be the Bucs

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
The "REFs" haven't given us a game all year so you should probably stop running your mouth.
Let us start with Saturday night and the 4th down call on the Eagles.

Hey, you guys got jobbed in 2005 but that ain't no reason to job the Iggles (* still can't take the fact I am defending those bums *)
It was the right call. And if the refs were trying to give the game to either team, it wouldn't have come down to the wire. The Eagles played well, the Saints played better and won the game, in every sense of the word FAIR.

You really have no clue what you're talking about. Really, you don't. You were probably one of those idiot conspiracy theorists claiming that the Patriots won the Superbowl in 2001-02 because of 9/11. Get over that BS.
It don't matter. You go down this weekend REFs willing.
Well, as it is written let it be so. Good season and next year looks bright.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now, I didn't think New Orleans was that great of a team to begin with, but they will be dangerous in a year or two. One or two more good offseasons and the Saints will be a force to be reakened with for many years.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had a great season and will continue to hold up my head. Thank you, Saints. I'll never forget this season.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think everyone who wasnt a bears fan was rooting for you guys including myself, good luck to you all next year and congrats on a great season
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05
i think everyone who wasnt a bears fan was rooting for you guys including myself, good luck to you all next year and congrats on a great season
Not me. I was rooting for the Bears cuz I don't like Cinderalla stories. I want the best two teams to play each other.... that is why last year was so disappointing.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:23 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thank you. Your and everyone else's support of the Saints was greatly appreciated. :)

*lifts glass to toast Saints*

Here's for a great 2006 season, to a great offseason, and for a EXCELLENT 2007!

And...to all my fellow Saints fans, I have one more thing to say:

Who dat? Who dat? Who dat sey dey gonna beat dem Saints?! :D

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol
Quote:
Thank you. Your and everyone else's support of the Saints was greatly appreciated. :)

*lifts glass to toast Saints*

Here's for a great 2006 season, to a great offseason, and for a EXCELLENT 2007!

And...to all my fellow Saints fans, I have one more thing to say:

Who dat? Who dat? Who dat sey dey gonna beat dem Saints?! :D
For real, man. What a great season.. and here's to a better 2007.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 01-22-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I could not have been more disappointed and ashamed in the way the Saints played yesterday.

That said, I could not be any more proud of this team... OUR team, and their performance this season.

We obviously have a lot of needs to fill but the future is bright in New Orleans. Congrats to the Bears for showing everybody (myself included) who the best team in the NFC truly is. Beat Indy!
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a very disheartening performance yesterday by the Saints. The Bears just looked to have outplayed us and outperformed us. I was clearly expecting a better game.

It hard to explain this season. I did not expect the Saints to even have a winning record going into the season, I expected them to go 6-10 to 8-8 at best. They clearly surpassed by expectations by going 10-6 and winning the first even franchise bye week. My spirits were raised and my hopes were up. Then my hopes were further heightened by them beating Philadelphia to make it to the first ever NFC Championship game. For the first time in franchise history we were just a game away from making it to the Super Bowl. Then the game is played and well, everyone knows the rest.

It is just an unexplainable feeling. I'm very happy for the team, my hometown team that I root for, who are perennial losers, to finally turn their season around and give us something to be hopeful for. I had Faith in the Saints. I am very proud of what they did and all they accomplished this season but at the same time I can't help to feel disappointed in how they played yesterday. Althought I'm proud I feel like my hopes have been dashed.

But all I can say is that there is always next season and we should continue to get better and better.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-22-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I hate how dia always steals my posts. :(

Old 01-22-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
IBNO does the same thing to me so don't feel bad. :D

Take it this way, at least someone else agrees with you.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Sorry, buddy. Didn't know you were going to post something like that.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-23-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Saints fans... I know it's sad to be talking to you after such a disheartening loss, but we can all be proud of the Saints.

After so many years of disappointment, losing, and transactions that didn't make sense, it was finally grand to have a team that didn't pay any attention to the years of losing and made us forget about all those years of suffering.

Now, with the nucleus of a great offense, and some good players on the defense, we have an excellent future ahead of us. I think that we're only one or two players away from returning to the playoffs and hopefully, going further next year than we did this year.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 01-23-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

According to Scott, the Saints have been looking at DeMarcus Tyler and Patrick Willis at the Senior Bowl. I would be ecstatic if Willis fell to us in the 1st.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-24-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

If we got Willis, I'd spurge myself. For real.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

GeauxSaints hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wish list:

Pat Willis LB, Ole Miss
Chris Houston CB, Ark
Aaron Ross CB, Texas
Paul Posluszny LB, Penn State
Buster Davis LB, FSU
Paul Williams, WR Fresno State
Quinton Culberson LB, MSU
Stephen Nicholas, LB South Florida
Brian Smith LB, Mizzou
Jessie Daniels S, LSU
Johnnie Lee Higgins WR, UTEP
Tony Taylor LB, Georgia
Brandon Siler LB, UF
J.D Nelson S, Oregon
Dante Rosario TE, Oregon
Ryne Robinson WR, Miami OH
GeauxSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
According to Scott, the Saints have been looking at DeMarcus Tyler and Patrick Willis at the Senior Bowl. I would be ecstatic if Willis fell to us in the 1st.
If Patrick Willis fell all the way... "all the way to Bourbon Street to Esplanade"... sorry, to us at 29, then we should take him in a heartbeat and then celebrate, because then we'd finally have our premier linebacker.

That being said, I don't know if DeMarcus Tyler is worth a first round selection. Now I'm not saying that we shouldn't go after a defensive tackle, I just think that either cornerback or linebacker should be our top targets.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 01-24-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
"They might be the most attractive team in the NFL right now."
Wow.

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index...l=1&thispage=2

Old 01-24-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

So, now that the regular season is done. Who do we go after in FA? I have a few ideas I'll post later

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-24-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey. Im a Giants fan, but I was wondering if the Saints would consider trading any of their WRs? They have an abundance of young talent at the position