Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 01-29-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't say I like the Palko-pick. Never been a fan of his.

Signature made by me

2009-2010 Pick the Winners: 190-77
2010-2011 Pick the Winners: 162-105
2011-2012 Pick the Winners: 168-99
2012-2013 Pick the Winners: 171-95-1

Sveen's 2013 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

GeauxSaints hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

this would be my draft so far

1 Patrick Willis
2 Tanard Jackson
3 Brandon Siler
3 Antonio Johnson
4 Steve Smith
4 trade: CB/S Jordan Babineaux
5 John Talley

maybe a little optimistic.

i dont like resigning miller. he is expendable. we could get someone better than him in the draft, or go after graham for a little more money.

i also dont think we need edwards. he will want a lot of money, and if we spend that kind of money i want it to be for a CB.
GeauxSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron
Hi. I'm a Saints fan noticed there was a Saints discussion on here so I registered.
Well, as for all the Saints fans on here, I would like say welcome to the forum. We can always use another Saints fan. :D

Quote:
Here are some of my off season thoughts.
* I think a top priority is determining what happens with Charles Grant. He is an UFA. Personally I would like to get him re-signed because even though he is inconsistent I don't think we will be able to off-set his loss easily. Hopefully he can work out a contract, but if not I hope the Saints will use the franchise tag on him.

* Another big concern is the Joe Horn situation. Will he be back or not? I think his cap number for next season is 5.7 Million, with a base salary of 4.45 million. For a 34 year old(almost 35) wide receiver with injury concerns he just isn't worth it anymore, not at that salary. I know the Saints will probably ask him to restructure but I don't know if Joe will be want to take less money, if that is the case then I think he will be in another uniform next season sadly.
First, in regards to Charles Grant, I think that everyone on here agrees that he is the most important free agent that the Saints have to re-sign in the offseason. Along with Will Smith, the two form a formidable duo on the defensive line. Without Grant, the Saints would be left with Willie Whitehead and Josh Cooper. Not really the best depth at defensive end. Unfortunately, I could see the contract negotiations going south and the Saints having to franchise Grant, not unlike what they had to do with Darren Howard. But hopefully the Saints can sign Grant to an extension for the next few years.

With Joe Horn, I'm not so certain about a.) our willingness to re-sign him or b.) his willingness to redo his deal with the Saints. As a 35-year-old wide receiver with several injury concerns, I'd hope that he would be willing to restructure his current contract in order to help the Saints with their salary cap situation. As much as I'd hate to say this, I think that Horn won't stand for it, since he thinks that he's worth big money, and he'll end up in another team's uniform next season.

Quote:
the main focus of the off season should be on Defense. I think these are primary needs.
- CB - I'm stating the obvious here, but Fred Thomas just isn't a starting corner in the league, he must have gave up the most receiving touchdowns over 20 yards this season. I think we need a speedy cover corner, who can keep up with WRs downfield. I also think we could use some fresh depth at corner; Craft, Groce, Deloatch might be the most unimpressive group of DBs.

- MLB - Simoneau was a solid veteran for us this year, but I think he was stop gap type player. I really think the Saints need a guy in the middle who can make plays sideline to sideline chasing down backs, someone who can force turnovers and be a game changer.

- DT - I thought Hollis Thomas was a good addition this year and would like him re-signed. Although it would be great to have a disruptor along the D-line a two way defensive tackle who can collapse the pocket pass rushing, and disrupt plays in the backfield. I don't think we'll have a shot at him but I would love to land Amobi Akoye.

I honestly don't think the Saints will pursue the Elite free agents on the market (like Asante Samuel, Lance Briggs, Adalius Thomas) but rather they'll go after the second tier free agents that won't cost as much and can fill the roles in the team structure. Guys like Nick Harper, Rod Hood, Terdell Sands.
Again, restating something that we've all said, defense is and should be the main focus of the Saints offseason. I think we all agree that cornerback is probably the main focus, since both Mike McKenzie and Fred Thomas are on the decline. With linebacker, you and I both agree that while Mark Simoneau did a capable job in the middle this past season, he was more of a stop-gap player and the position can be improved. Lastly, at defensive tackle, the Saints could use a dominant force in the middle, since both Hollis Thomas and Brian Young are mediocre at best.

I agree that with the lack of money under the salary cap, the Saints will be forced to target second-tier targets but there are several decent players that New Orleans could go after. I know diabsoule is fond of both cornerbacks Rod Hood from Philadelphia and Jordan Babineaux from Seattle. Either one would be an improvement for our secondary. Like you already mentioned, none of our corners really strike fear in the hearts of any wide receivers in the NFL.

Quote:
Basically I think the Saints should draft Best Defensive Player available at #27. Personally I like Patrick Willis, Paul Posluszny, Lawrence Timmons, Darrelle Revis, Amobi Akoye. Now of course all of those players could possible be off the board by the time we pick, but I think one or two of them will still be there.

Right now I'm really liking Patrick Willis, he had 11 tackles in the senior bowl game. I know early on he struggled at the point of attack, but other than those few plays he was generally all over the field.

Here are two videos of him in action which show he has some great abilities as a player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bM4sEmaFLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVaa8NWqync

*the second one in particular should erase some doubts about his sideline-to-sideline ability. He makes an amazing tackle on the Heisman candidate McFadden. Misdirection play, Willis doesn't bite, and then he chases McFadden down in the open field before he can turn the corner. Amazing pursuit.
I could be wrong, but I thought that the pick was dependent on who wins the Super Bowl. If the Colts win, the Saints pick at 29, but if Bears win, the Saints would pick at 30. If that's true (which it might not be), the targets that we're talking about like Patrick Willis, Paul Poslusnzy, Darrelle Revis and Amobi Okoye would probably be gone. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get someone like Marcus McCauley would be available, and someone like him would probably step in and be a starter immediately.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
UtepMiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol
I could be wrong, but I thought that the pick was dependent on who wins the Super Bowl. If the Colts win, the Saints pick at 29, but if Bears win, the Saints would pick at 30. If that's true (which it might not be), the targets that we're talking about like Patrick Willis, Paul Poslusnzy, Darrelle Revis and Amobi Okoye would probably be gone. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get someone like Marcus McCauley would be available, and someone like him would probably step in and be a starter immediately.
Nah our pick doesn't depend on the Super Bowl outcome, the SB only affects the outcome of the participants Chicago, and Indianapolis. Also San Diego, Baltimore, and New England all finished the regular season with better records than us so they pick after us. Pretty sure Saints are #27 regardless of what happens in the SB.

also what do you guys think of Chris Houston, and David Harris?

Quote:
All-SEC Second Team: Junior CB Chris Houston has spent all season containing some of the best wide receivers in the nation. The junior held USC’s Dwayne Jarrett to his lowest receiving output in 34 games and stifled other standouts including Tennessee’s Robert Meachem, Auburn’s Courtney Taylor and Vanderbilt’s Earl Bennett. Houston has 45 tackles and three interceptions this season. He has also broken up 13 passes.

Quote:
Has good size and a thick, solid frame...Had a great senior campaign...Tough and a hard worker...Is smart with good instincts for the game...Reads and reacts well and plays faster than he times...He excels versus the run...Reliable tackler...Has a excellent motor that never stops...Is a field general with outstanding intangibles.

Classic thumper in the middle who might be more of a backup or situational guy at the next level...Only started for two years in college but he saved his best for last and saw his draft stock soar in 2006...The type who isn't going to amaze you with his physical tools but he gets the job done on the field and was a big reason for the Wolverines turnaround this past season...A good, not great, "Mike" prospect.
Houston is a guy that for now is kind of flying under the radar. With this being a weak CB class I see him being just as good as guys like Leon Hall who I personally think are a bit overrated. Providing his stock doesn't soar come draft time I think he'll be around when we pick.

Harris on the other hand, really sounds like a Payton kind of guy. He was impressing people at the Senior Bowl, and if we don't land Willis I would be thrilled to grab him in the 2nd provided he lasts.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Chris Houston. Right now I'm very torn between him and Aaron Ross and which one would be the better CB for us.

I really like David Harris and I think he has "big time" written all over him. If we miss Patrick Willis and Posluszny, then I would like to see us take him.

Btw, I think the biggest needs this offseason are resigning Charles Grant and Hollis Thomas and signing/trading for Daniel Graham, Rod Hood, and Jordan Babineaux. Having TE, DE, CB, and resigning DT would really help our team out for next year.

Damn, I wish I was the Saints GM. I'd be drooling this offseason.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints | Franchise receives honor for '06 season
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:01:59 -0800

Sheldon Mickles, of NewOrleansSaints.com, reports for the second consecutive year, the New Orleans Saints have been recognized as the Louisiana Sports Writers Association's Headliner of the Year for their success during the 2006 season. In 2005, the club was honored for their endurance after being chased away from their home by Hurricane Katrina.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-30-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
I really like Chris Houston.
Good thing I'm not the only one on the Houston to NOLA wagon.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

FA starts in about a month. I'm really excited to see what kind of positions the Saints choose to go after.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-02-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
LSU Man
Rookie

LSU Man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I still want the Saints to go after Lance Briggs because i don't see the point in bringing in Donnie Edwards when we all know he probably only going to play 2 or 3 more years.

Does anyone see us going after Asante Samuels or just drafting a corner?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

GeauxSaints hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Man
I still want the Saints to go after Lance Briggs because i don't see the point in bringing in Donnie Edwards when we all know he probably only going to play 2 or 3 more years.

Does anyone see us going after Asante Samuels or just drafting a corner?
we have such a young team, i would like to see us continue to build trough the draft. Honestly, i dont think we need to go after some of these big name, expensive guys. this year proved that we only have a couple of holes (CB, LB, and DT). we should be able to fill those holes with the draft.
GeauxSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
UtepMiner

I honestly don't think the Bears will let Briggs hit the market. If they can't negotiate a deal, I think they'll franchise him.

I think Samuel will make it to free agency, but we'll have to outbid a bunch of other teams that possibly may have more cap room than us..after we exercise the option on Brees...and possibly re-sign guys like Grant, Shanle, Hollis Thomas.

of course I would really like to land a high profile guy like a Samuel, or Clements, but I'd also be fine with going after the second tier free agents, and continuing to build through the draft. This coaching staff has a done a good job so far of finding players that fit their system.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Here is my updated Saints off-season:
Re-Sign
DE Charles Grant (top priority)
DT Hollis Thomas (top priority)
LB Scott Shanle
LB Danny Clark
TE Billy Miller

Let the other guys walk or re-sign them after the draft.

Free Agent Signings
CB Rod Hood (Philadelphia Eagles)
DT Ian Scott (Chicago Bears)
TE Daniel Graham (New England Patriots)

Trade for:
CB/S Jordan Babineaux (Seattle Seahawks) using a 4th Rounder.

Release:
All other free agents we have except the RFA's. Also release Fred Thomas especially sincing the signing of Hood and trading for Babineaux made him become expendable. Keep only Jason Craft, who can be used in dime situations, and Mike McKenzie as the only corners on the roster.

Draft
1st Round - OLB Paul Posluszny
Reasoning: I think that either him or Patrick Willis are going to fall to us in the the first round. If "Puz" is here then we definately have to draft him. We have shored up our weak secondary fairly well by the signing of Rod Hood and trading for Jordan Babineaux. Shanle will be forced into a backup role while Posluszny teams with Inside Linebacker Danny Clark and Outside Linebacker Scott Fujita to greatly improve our linebacking corps.

2nd Round - CB Aaron Ross
Reasoning: While we have improved our seconday, we complete it with Ross falling to us in the 2nd Rd. A great prospect who is very underrated, Ross slips down to us to give us talented youth and depth at a position that was paper thin last year.

3rd Round - K Mason Crosby
Reasoning: I know it is a bit taboo to take a kicker on the first day but with Carney no longer being a spring chicken, and us having to sign Billy Cundiff last year to handle kickoffs, we draft a guy who can both handle kickoffs and nail the game-winning 50 yard field goal.

4th Round (from K.C.) - TE Ben Patrick
Reasoning: A relative unknown who had a hell of a Senior Bowl. He can do it all and comes from a small school just like Marques Colston and Jahri Evans. He can block and catch the ball and will complete our offense.

4th Round - WR Steve Smith
Reasoning: Joe Horn might not be with the team next year and behind Marques Colston and Devery Henderson we lack true depth. With Smith we get a play maker who is a great possession receiver. He should be able to come in and contribute immediately and I don't know what it is but I see a little bit of Joe Horn in him.

4th Round (from Philly) - ILB Anthony Waters
Reasoning: While Waters was injured last year, I feel he will bounce back very nicely. His combine is what is going to be key in seeing his stock rise. He has a great build, good speed, and had a tremendous junior year. He will complete the rehaul of our LB corps and will be able to learn behind Clark.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-02-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this is the way our offseason went... I think I'd be so excited that a little pee would come out! :D

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 02-02-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If this is the way our offseason went... I think I'd be so excited that a little pee would come out! :D
Indeed, sir. Indeed.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
I honestly don't think the Bears will let Briggs hit the market. If they can't negotiate a deal, I think they'll franchise him.

I think Samuel will make it to free agency, but we'll have to outbid a bunch of other teams that possibly may have more cap room than us..after we exercise the option on Brees...and possibly re-sign guys like Grant, Shanle, Hollis Thomas.

of course I would really like to land a high profile guy like a Samuel, or Clements, but I'd also be fine with going after the second tier free agents, and continuing to build through the draft. This coaching staff has a done a good job so far of finding players that fit their system.
In regards to people like Lance Briggs or Asante Samuels, I don't think that the Saints will have the money to lure these big name free agents to New Orleans. I'm not saying that we shouldn't go after a few of the bigger name talent out there, but like Auron said, we aren't going to have that much room after paying Drew Brees his money (well deserved) and then re-signing Charles Grant and Hollis Thomas. Scott Shanle, well, he's the wild card of our free agents. If we don't re-sign him, we'd only be left with Alfred Fincher or Terrence Melton as our starting right outside linebacker. Yikes! :shock: If we don't re-sign Shanle, or get a linebacker in free agency, then I think that the Saints' priority would then shift to linebacker first in the Draft come April. Don't get me wrong, cornerback is still a major concern, but the loss of Shanle would cause a domino-type effect in our off-season.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 02-03-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

[expletive deleted]!!!!

I had written a huge write-up, quoting diabsoule and adding my own opinions... but for some reason, my post was deleted...!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Guess I'll have to type it out when I get home, save it to Word or something and post it later...

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 02-03-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
[expletive deleted]!!!!

I had written a huge write-up, quoting diabsoule and adding my own opinions... but for some reason, my post was deleted...!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Guess I'll have to type it out when I get home, save it to Word or something and post it later...
That sucks, dude. I'm sorry.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-03-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In response to the Briggs comments, you are correct in that we will not let him go without compensation. It would be foolish to do so. All of Angelo's talk about not liking the franchise tag was just a means to divert attention away from Briggs' contract situation and prevent any animosity during the season.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
In response to the Briggs comments, you are correct in that we will not let him go without compensation. It would be foolish to do so. All of Angelo's talk about not liking the franchise tag was just a means to divert attention away from Briggs' contract situation and prevent any animosity during the season.
I think so too. I think that you guys would be wise to try and re-sign him or if he is signed to get some kind of compensation for him.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-03-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I will be adjusting my Saints mock sometimes real soon. It won't change drastically but it will be tweaked.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-05-2007, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those of you wondering I'm pretty sure the Saints has the following picks in the Draft:

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:
#120 (from KC)
#122 (from PHI) [Could be #91 if Stallworth is re-signed]

Round 5:

Round 6:

Round 7:

Also: It's unknown what compensation the Saints received for Wayne Gandy.

Signature made by me

2009-2010 Pick the Winners: 190-77
2010-2011 Pick the Winners: 162-105
2011-2012 Pick the Winners: 168-99
2012-2013 Pick the Winners: 171-95-1

Sveen's 2013 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
hic57999

Hey, been looking in for awhile, first time posting. I think I got a offseason for us that would be really good.

Offseason:
Sign:
Ben Utecht TE (IND)- Eric Johnson has aloto f injuries and Graham is a better blocker.
Floyd Womack OL (SEA)- I would love to have this guy. Can back-up pretty much all positions.
Boss Bailey LB (DET)- See if he can compete. Probably get him cheap because I think he has a injury history.
Asante Samuel CB (NE)- Asante mainly because I think he will contribute BIG time.

Re-sign:
Charles Grant DE- He is just a good fit here.
Jon Stinchcomb RT- Played well enough to earn a contract
Montrae Holland OG- Mainly for depth, btu if we get Womack not a big need
Hollis Thomas DT- Did a pretty good job for us minus the 4 game suspension

Trade:
Joe Horn WR- Mainly because his cap hit. Still like him though.

Release:
Fred Thomas CB

Draft:
27. Paul Pusluszny LB- A LB who could start right away. He is here at #27 because his knee injury.

58. Chris Houston CB- Fast CB who can play nickel now.

89. Paul Soliai DT- The big DT we want to plug the middle if we don't resign Hollis/ his replacement. Also could be Mason Crosby K

91. (assuming they resign Stallworth) Craig Davis, Johnnie Lee Higgins, or Chansi Stuckey WR- Any of these guys would be fine with me.

120 (Kansas City) Leonard Peters S- His only problem is durability problems. But with a 4th is a gamble.

123. Sam Olajubutu LB- His last two years at Arkansas are worth this pick.

154. Noland Burchette DE- Can be a back-up with Ninkovich

185. Chris Leak- I am not a Florida fan, I am just a HUGE Chris Leak fan. I would love to get him and develop him.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
UtepMiner

I love the fact we have 5 picks within the top 125 picks. That gives us a lot of options, and flexibility..the coaching staff can have the ammo to trade up a few slots if needed to grab a player they really like (maybe up to 5-7 spots up).

by the way how do you guys feel about us now becoming the pre-season favorites in the media like the Panthers were last year? Man I'm really going to hate it ...I guess I'm just not used to people expecting big things from the Saints. :?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

ESPN's Bottom Line on this morning's SportsCenter is reporting that Saints offensive assistant and passing game coordinator John Morton has taken the same position at the University of Southern California.

I hope that Coach Payton finds a capable replacement, since our passing game was excellent this past season. I don't know how much of that was due to coaching, but I'm sure that some of it was.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 02-06-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any truth to the rumor that you guys might be franchising Fred Thomas?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote