Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 02-06-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Is there any truth to the rumor that you guys might be franchising Fred Thomas?
I hope to God that there isn't. I haven't heard anything about it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Is there any truth to the rumor that you guys might be franchising Fred Thomas?
I hope to God that there isn't. I haven't heard anything about it.
I'm just kidding dude. That would cost like 11 million dollars.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
UtepMiner

Yeah...I think Freddy's still under contract as of now. :?

making him one of the highest paid corners in the league would be unfathomable.

(i think he will be cut this off-season)
Old 02-07-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Shanle has re-signed.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Link?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-07-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Endymion to feature a 'Saints float' this year

01:08 PM CST on Wednesday, February 7, 2007
WWLTV.com

Not be outdone by the Krewe of Bacchus, which has Saints quarterback Drew Brees riding as Grand Marshal, but the superkrewe of Endymion announced Wednesday it would have a number of players riding on a designated ‘Saints float’ this year.

According to Ed Muniz, Captain of Endymion, the float will be named “Endymion Celebrates the Saints.” Wide receiver Joe Horn, linebacker Scott Fujita, defensive end Will Smith, center Jeff Faine, special teams player Steve Gleason and offensive lineman Jamar Nesbit were said to be riding on the float.

Endymion rolls Saturday, the weekend before Fat Tuesday.

And Saints head coach Sean Payton will ride as the celebrity guest for Orpheus, which rolls on Lundi Gras night.

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/saints/s....5deded30.html

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-07-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
UtepMiner

Quote:
I'll wait until I see the contract details but I think so far so good.

Shanle was more of a playmaker than Simoneau, and I thought he did a good job in his role.

Now we need to round out the LB corps by adding London Fletcher-Baker, Donnie Edwards, or Patrick Willis in the middle.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron
Quote:
I'll wait until I see the contract details but I think so far so good.

Shanle was more of a playmaker than Simoneau, and I thought he did a good job in his role.

Now we need to round out the LB corps by adding London Fletcher-Baker, Donnie Edwards, or Patrick Willis in the middle.
I know a good deal of Saints fans really like Donnie Edwards and London Fletcher-Baker, but the truth of the matter is that we need a young playmaker in the middle not an old stop-gap player like those two are. Both of the players you mentioned, minus Patrick Willis, are just like Simoneau in the fact that they will be stopgap type players who will only contribute for a few more years. A guy like Kawika Mitchell from Kansas City or drafting someone like Patrick Willis will give us the playmaker in the middle that we've needed for years, and we will be able to keep them around longer than 2 years.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-08-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to the Times-Picayune, Saints quarterbacks coach Pete Carmichael, Jr. has declined an offer from the Miami Dolphins to become their offensive coordinator.

This is outstanding news that he has the loyalty to the Saints (unlike that other guy...John Morton) and wants to continue to improve on the already potent passing game.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
UtepMiner

Quote:
know a good deal of Saints fans really like Donnie Edwards and London Fletcher-Baker, but the truth of the matter is that we need a young playmaker in the middle not an old stop-gap player like those two are. Both of the players you mentioned, minus Patrick Willis, are just like Simoneau in the fact that they will be stopgap type players who will only contribute for a few more years. A guy like Kawika Mitchell from Kansas City or drafting someone like Patrick Willis will give us the playmaker in the middle that we've needed for years, and we will be able to keep them around longer than 2 years.
I agree we need to draft youth at LB (and also CB) but I wouldn't mind signing Baker, or Edwards either only because they would be an immediate upgrade and would be able to contriubute right away.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
know a good deal of Saints fans really like Donnie Edwards and London Fletcher-Baker, but the truth of the matter is that we need a young playmaker in the middle not an old stop-gap player like those two are. Both of the players you mentioned, minus Patrick Willis, are just like Simoneau in the fact that they will be stopgap type players who will only contribute for a few more years. A guy like Kawika Mitchell from Kansas City or drafting someone like Patrick Willis will give us the playmaker in the middle that we've needed for years, and we will be able to keep them around longer than 2 years.
I agree we need to draft youth at LB (and also CB) but I wouldn't mind signing Baker, or Edwards either only because they would be an immediate upgrade and would be able to contriubute right away.
I don't want Edwards or Baker because of the age of them both. The player we need to look into is Kawika Mitchell of Kansas city. He's only been in the league for four years and has had over 100 tackles in each of the past two seasons. If we land Mitchell then we no longer have to draft a MLB, or if we do then it will be a late round priority, and then we could concentrate on other areas of need.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-09-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Shanle, has officially re-signed....

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3326

for 4 years...also looks like we got the WLB spot locked up.

on to the MLB/CB, please.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67
Shanle, has officially re-signed....

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3326

for 4 years...also looks like we got the WLB spot locked up.

on to the MLB/CB, please.
Yeah, I was going to post this... but you got to the table first... :razz:

Other Saints news from the Times-Picayune...

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index...990.xml&coll=1

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 02-10-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
UtepMiner

Drew Brees dislocated his left elbow during the Pro-Bowl.

atleast he has a whole off season to heal, and it was his non throwing arm.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Drew Brees dislocated his left elbow during the Pro-Bowl.

atleast he has a whole off season to heal, and it was his non throwing arm.
[expletive deleted]! :evil: :evil:

I think it shows great loyalty to both the fans and his team when you play in a game that is meaningless for the record and all, but this is the risk you run.

Hopefully, he can get back to playing shape soon and very soon.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 02-10-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
bucknut12
Rookie

bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.

New here to the forums.

Brees elbow will be ok.

Out for 2 months.

Thank god it isn't his throwing arm
bucknut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy
New here to the forums.

Brees elbow will be ok.

Out for 2 months.

How ya doing? We're both Saintsrevolution.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-10-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
bucknut12
Rookie

bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy
New here to the forums.

Brees elbow will be ok.

Out for 2 months.

How ya doing? We're both Saintsrevolution.
I'm good.

I remember ya, don't worry.

:D
Old 02-11-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Screw the damn Pro Bowl.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Screw the damn Pro Bowl.
Yeah, I don't think they should play the game anymore. Just give the players the honor of being Pro-Bowlers but the game is pointless.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-12-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

So, guys, which positions in FA do you think we need to go after? Anyone specific?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-12-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
UtepMiner

Your sig pretty much covers it. CB, MLB, DT..I think pretty much in that order.

Depends on if lose Grant, Stinchcomb, we might have to find a DE, OL..

I read somewhere that Grant may be close to an agreement for a contract. I guess we'll see soon.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our biggest needs obviously are CB, ILB, DT and maybe a TE. Hopefully we can get some good players at those positions in FA and the Draft.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Two words...

Patrick. Willis.

Any guy who can play with a broken hand and still lead his team with 137 tackles and win the SEC Defensive Player of the Year and the Butkus Award...he's my number one target for the Saints in the Draft come April.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 02-13-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
bucknut12
Rookie

As far as needs i'd actually put it like this.

ILB-We need a run stuffer.

DT-Pressure on the QB always makes CB's better than they really are.

CB-We just need someone who doesn't fall for every double move.