Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 03-02-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man..it's not as bad now, but earlier the Saints boards were in complete chaos.

So many people overreacting, half the people were ready to attack each other. A lot of ridiculous things being said, some people are already calling for Payton to be fired.

Sometimes I want to smash my head into a wall after reading some of the stuff over there, I should really stop.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing the chaos is due to us not grossly overpaying for a FA yet. Hilarity.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently, we're talking to Brian Simmons.

So far..

FS Ken Hamlin
S Kevin Kaesviharn
LB Donnie Edwards
LB Brian Simmons
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

also, a poster on 'saintsreport.com'....

stated, that he and his g/f heard on 105.1 KPEL...that the saints were pursuing Brandon Stokely (WR, Colts)......and that the saints were close to signing him and that the news should come out soon.

now this is NOT OFFICIAL but something of interest, i guess.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I'm guessing the chaos is due to us not grossly overpaying for a FA yet. Hilarity.
Nah most of it was from the Joe Horn release there were tons of threads on there.

People were saying Payton didn't play Horn because of a personal vendetta, and saying somehow our Offense will go to junk without him?

Seriously I wonder if people even pay attention to the games, Horn missed a good portion of the season, and we didn't miss a beat without him... if he would've been healthy he would've played in the playoffs, he wasn't...he even failed his exit physical.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Interesting news I've just read on Rotoworld.
Quote:
The Saints aren't expected to release CB Fred Thomas this offseason.
According to the Sporting News, New Orleans feels Thomas just needs to better his technique and regain his confidence after being victimized frequently by speed receivers in 2006. He still should face competition.
Source: sportingnews.com
Seems like maybe the Saints won't cut Fred Thomas this off-season, and try to let him resharpen his technique. I'm hoping if they do it's not as the starter...and that he'll move to Nickelback.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Interesting news I've just read on Rotoworld.

Seems like maybe the Saints won't cut Fred Thomas this off-season, and try to let him resharpen his technique. I'm hoping if they do it's not as the starter...and that he'll move to Nickelback.
Are you ******* serious?

The guy has been in the league for 11 years and is pushing 34 years old. Needless to say his 'technique' is not the problem. He's washed up, plain and simple. He was obviously far and away the weakest link on a weak defense, so why on earth would they bring his sorry ass back? He's only going to make $2 million next year, but that's kind of pricey for a #4 cornerback (which is what he is/should be).

This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off about the Saints organization.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Are you ******* serious?

The guy has been in the league for 11 years and is pushing 34 years old. Needless to say his 'technique' is not the problem. He's washed up, plain and simple. He was obviously far and away the weakest link on a weak defense, so why on earth would they bring his sorry ass back? He's only going to make $2 million next year, but that's kind of pricey for a #4 cornerback (which is what he is/should be).

This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off about the Saints organization.
I was a little , when I first heard it too, but after some reading I can see why they wouldn't release him right away.

My guess is, they don't want to release him him right now before they even have anyone to replace him yet. So they'll wait until after Free Agency, and the Draft and then re-evaluate the CB situation.

My best guess is he'll be a part of either June 1st cuts/ or a Nickel/Dime back next season.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am kind of suprised that we haven't signed anyone in FA yet. I am hoping that these next few days will show us landing a good FA that will come in and really help out the team. People like Anthony Adams, Ken Hamlin, Rod Hood, and possibly Brian Simmons would be a big upgrade over the people currently on our roster.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I am kind of suprised that we haven't signed anyone in FA yet. I am hoping that these next few days will show us landing a good FA that will come in and really help out the team. People like Anthony Adams, Ken Hamlin, Rod Hood, and possibly Brian Simmons would be a big upgrade over the people currently on our roster.
You've been throwing Rod Hood's name around for a while now, but I've yet to see anything showing the Saints have any sort of interest in him. Have you?

These are the guys I've heard about:
Brian Simmons
Ken Hamlin
Deon Grant
Kevin Kaesviharn
Anthony Adams
Chris Draft
William James

Is there anybody else?

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 03-05-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
You've been throwing Rod Hood's name around for a while now, but I've yet to see anything showing the Saints have any sort of interest in him. Have you?
Saw something earlier on him, lemme try and find it..

Eagles free-agent cornerback Rod Hood visited the Browns on Saturday and the Cardinals on Sunday. He is scheduled to visit the Saints on Wednesday.

Link
Old 03-05-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The New Orleans Saints will host TE Eric Johnson on Tuesday, the team announced this afternoon.
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

GeauxSaints hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Nation View Post
The New Orleans Saints will host TE Eric Johnson on Tuesday, the team announced this afternoon.
He would be a great addition.
GeauxSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

GeauxSaints hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Dolphins are about to release Randy McMichael. Hopefully the Saints will go after him.
GeauxSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxSaints View Post
The Dolphins are about to release Randy McMichael. Hopefully the Saints will go after him.
Supposedly the Saints offered a 4th Rounder to the Dolphins for him but the Fins rejected the offer. If he hits the market, I expect the Saints the make a big play for him.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-05-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Saw something earlier on him, lemme try and find it..

Eagles free-agent cornerback Rod Hood visited the Browns on Saturday and the Cardinals on Sunday. He is scheduled to visit the Saints on Wednesday.

Link
Thanks for the link.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-05-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Supposedly the Saints offered a 4th Rounder to the Dolphins for him but the Fins rejected the offer. If he hits the market, I expect the Saints the make a big play for him.
link, source?
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67 View Post
link, source?
It's hearsay. I saw a Dolphins fan wrote that in the NFL section so that's why I said "Supposedly" when I wrote it.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-06-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I don't know now what to believe...

According to WAFB-TV in Baton Rouge, Jacques Doucet, their sports anchor reported that the Saints and MLB Brian Simmons on both their 6 and 10 o'clock news. He claims that it's a "source close to the team".

Also, in a related note, Doucet mentioned that Eagles wide receiver Donte Stallworth checked himself into a league sponsored substance abuse program. I wonder if this means the Eagles won't re-sign him? So our pick will then be a fourth rounder then?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Well, I don't know now what to believe...

According to WAFB-TV in Baton Rouge, Jacques Doucet, their sports anchor reported that the Saints and MLB Brian Simmons on both their 6 and 10 o'clock news. He claims that it's a "source close to the team".

Also, in a related note, Doucet mentioned that Eagles wide receiver Donte Stallworth checked himself into a league sponsored substance abuse program. I wonder if this means the Eagles won't re-sign him? So our pick will then be a fourth rounder then?
Our pick from Philly wasn't going to be a third rounder anyway. They had to extend his contract before free agency started in order for that to have happened.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 03-07-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

According to Rotoworld, Fred Thomas has agreed to take an $800k pay cut to remain on the team. Link

Quote:
Fred Thomas took a $800,000 paycut on a restructured contract to remain in New Orleans this season.
New Orleans could really use better competition at cornerback, though, and should continue to pursue talent in free agency and the draft. Thomas will make $2.2 million in 2007.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune
I think this assures he'll be the Nickel back, Dime back next season.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
reznola
Rookie

reznola hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, at least they got Fred Thomas to take an 800,000 pay cut, but he is still set to make 2.2 million against that cap. I am not sure how much of that is bonus and how much of that is base, but if most of it is bonus I guess it's better to have some experience on the roster for a small base then no experience. Here is to hoping he fixes whatever problems he was having last year.
reznola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznola View Post
Well, at least they got Fred Thomas to take an 800,000 pay cut, but he is still set to make 2.2 million against that cap. I am not sure how much of that is bonus and how much of that is base, but if most of it is bonus I guess it's better to have some experience on the roster for a small base then no experience. Here is to hoping he fixes whatever problems he was having last year.
I agree about the reasoning that it's good to have quality depth, but I'm still not really high on Fred Thomas. The fact still remains, I don't think that Thomas is "quality" depth... and I think that the Saints could still use an definite upgrade at cornerback.

But, as it is, Thomas needs to improve dramatically from last season.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-07-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Well, the day we all were dreading is here... Joe Horn is now a member of the Atlanta Falcons. :(

As per ESPN.com:

Sources: Ex-Saints WR Horn agrees to sign with Falcons

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-07-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Well, the day we all were dreading is here... Joe Horn is now a member of the Atlanta Falcons. :(

As per ESPN.com:

Sources: Ex-Saints WR Horn agrees to sign with Falcons
I figured it would happen sooner or later. Horn will be serviceable for maybe another year or two but I don't think he's going to have the explosiveness that he once possessed to be that huge of a threat over in Atlanta. I believe he was only brought in to mentor to the young receivers already in Atlanta.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter