Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 03-08-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants | Feely will not return
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:34:32 -0800

Arthur Staple, of New York Newsday, reports a person familiar with the negotiations said the New York Giants did not significantly increase their previous offer to free-agent PK Jay Feely (Giants), so Feely will not return to the team.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'd really like to see the Saints go after Feely. He's a young, reliable kicker who is good in kickoffs and field goals. It would give us a young kicker who would be able to be with the organization for quite a while.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Well, the day we all were dreading is here... Joe Horn is now a member of the Atlanta Falcons. :(
Yup I had a feeling this would happen, a lot of our former players seem to go to division rivals in the decline of their careers.. Bobby Hebert, Morten Anderson, to the Falcons. Rickey Jackson went to the 49ers back when we were in the NFC West...

I wouldn't really mind seeing Roman Harper jack him up going across the middle next season. All in good fun of course. :)

Last edited by Auron : 03-08-2007 at 02:43 AM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Devery Henderson gonna start for you this year?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Giants | Feely will not return
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:34:32 -0800

Arthur Staple, of New York Newsday, reports a person familiar with the negotiations said the New York Giants did not significantly increase their previous offer to free-agent PK Jay Feely (Giants), so Feely will not return to the team.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'd really like to see the Saints go after Feely. He's a young, reliable kicker who is good in kickoffs and field goals. It would give us a young kicker who would be able to be with the organization for quite a while.
Ain't gonna happen, big guy...

Feely, Dolphins agree to three year deal

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

GeauxSaints hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

anybody hearing rumors that we are trying to move up in the draft?
GeauxSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

It wouldn't shock me, especially considering we could be in the market for a cornerback, or maybe even Patrick Willis.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Is Devery Henderson gonna start for you this year?
If he does, he's going to have to be a lot more consistent. He improved tremendously last season, but still loses focus a bit and drops critical passes. I heard we're interested in Darrell Jackson and Brandon Stokely.. wouldn't surprise me if we took the BPA as a WR either. We'll have a better idea come training camp.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm assuming Kaesviharn is being signed as a backup or stopgap starter, right? If so, it'd be a nice signing, and probably better than signing Hamlin or Grant, as Roman Harper and Josh Bullocks looked to be a good duo in the making, and Kaesviharn will likely be more amenable to be a backup than the other two.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DeWayne Jarrett ...let's say he runs a 4.62 (unlikely but stick with me here)
say he runs a 40 that puts him near the bottom of round 1.

Let's say his value is around where the saints choose.

Is it far fetched to think he would be picked there ? or are the other needs to strong that he gets bypassed ?
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I'm assuming Kaesviharn is being signed as a backup or stopgap starter, right? If so, it'd be a nice signing, and probably better than signing Hamlin or Grant, as Roman Harper and Josh Bullocks looked to be a good duo in the making, and Kaesviharn will likely be more amenable to be a backup than the other two.
Pretty much, this is what I wrote in the other thread regarding a Safety signing.

-- We are looking for safeties in Free agency primarily because Payton is a coach that believes NO one simply gets handed the starting spot. (like Haslett did) Everyone has to earn their roster spot, which is why he's bringing in competition. Josh Bullocks has talent, but he really played poorly last season at times last season biting on playaction fakes, and abandoning his deep zone to jump shorter routes. Harper looked to be a stud, but he's coming off ACL surgery and might not be completely ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment
DeWayne Jarrett ...let's say he runs a 4.62 (unlikely but stick with me here)
say he runs a 40 that puts him near the bottom of round 1.

Let's say his value is around where the saints choose.

Is it far fetched to think he would be picked there ? or are the other needs to strong that he gets bypassed ?
Depends how our coaching staff has Jarrett graded out. I think in order for him to even slip that far he'll have to have a terrible Pro Day.

IMO we already have a very similar WR to Jarrett in Colston... big, good hands, and uses his body positioning and frame to make catches over DB's... I think we're looking for more of a veteran, precise route runner type WR. Which is why we're supposedly interested in trading for Darrell Jackson.

Last edited by Auron : 03-09-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As per NFL.com:

William James is off the free agency market...

Tracking the comings and goings of Free Agency

Still haven't heard anything about Roderick Hood, Ken Kaesvinharn, or Brandon Stokley.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-09-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals | Team negotiating with Hood
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:08:21 -0800

Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports the Arizona Cardinals are negotiating with the agent of unrestricted free-agent CB Roderick Hood (Eagles) on a contract.

If we cant sign Hood, I would maybe try again getting Dre Bly. There is a real lack of quality corners left to choose from.
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Nation View Post
Cardinals | Team negotiating with Hood
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:08:21 -0800

Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports the Arizona Cardinals are negotiating with the agent of unrestricted free-agent CB Roderick Hood (Eagles) on a contract.

If we cant sign Hood, I would maybe try again getting Dre Bly. There is a real lack of quality corners left to choose from.
Personally, I disagree. If the Cardinals sign CB Roderick Hood, then I'd either focus my attention on some of the other "smaller-name" free agents like CB Randall "Cool" or Sammy Davis. If not, then I would turn all the attention on the Draft, and that would be my number one target come April. I know that someone like Leon Hall from Michigan or Darrelle Revis from Pitt proabaly wouldn't be available, but if someone like Arkansas cornerback Chris Houston or Marcus McCauley from Fresno State would be worthy of a first rounder and could quite possibly step in and be a starter right away.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-11-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Here's the Saints team report, I found on Foxsports.com

Quote:
Saints Team Report:

Inside Slant

Heading into the off-season, it was believed that the Saints would try to shore up their improved defense by drafting a linebacker or signing one in free agency.

They had to make a mad scramble last season when free-agent signee Anthony Simmons inexplicably failed to report for training camp and then announced his retirement -- leaving the Saints in a lurch. After trying several players in the middle, the Saints obtained Mark Simoneau in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles just before the regular-season opener.

They hope history doesn't repeat itself this season. It probably won't, even though they made former Cincinnati Bengal linebacker Brian Simmons their first signee this season from outside their organization when he agreed to a three-year contract.

Entering his 10th season, Simmons, a former first-round draft pick, has ranked among the league's most consistent and durable middle linebackers over the last six years in averaging 116 tackles per season since 2001.

Simmons, 31, ranked fifth on the Bengals last season with 61 tackles in 11 games -- missing five games with a neck injury. He had two interceptions and one forced fumble, but was released by the Bengals in a salary cap move.

Simmons was just one of several defensive players who came to Saints' headquarters for visits since the start of free agency a week ago as the team seeks to upgrade their 11th-ranked defense. He said he needed just one visit to realize that New Orleans was the place for him.

He'll likely team with strong-side linebacker Scott Fujita, who came to the team as a UFA last season, and weak-side 'backer Scott Shanle, who signed a new four-year contract with the Saints last month.

"I'm excited about the team as a whole. I was excited by my meeting with the coach and impressed by the general manager," he said.

"It's tough and it's exciting," Simmons said of leaving the Bengals, who chose him in the 1998 draft, after nine seasons. "But sometimes change is good. I'm excited about finishing my career as a New Orleans Saint. If I could make the decision, I'd do it all over again."

The Saints also visited with linebacker Chris Draft, safeties Ken Hamlin, Deon Grant and Kevin Kaesviharn, and cornerbacks William James and Roderick Hood. They also signed tight end Eric Johnson, formerly of the San Francisco 49ers, to a one-year deal.

Team Report: Notes and Quotes

--Veteran cornerback Fred Thomas, the subject of much speculation about his future with the Saints since the end of last season, has restructured the final year of his contract to remain with the team.

Citing league sources, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported that Thomas, who will turn 34 in September, reduced his salary by $800,000 to stay with the team for an eighth season. Thomas was due a $1 million roster bonus this month and a $2 million salary for 2007.

Thomas could not be reached for comment, but Saints general manager Mickey Loomis confirmed that Thomas had reworked the contract.

Thomas started strong, but had trouble with injuries to his thumb and hamstring during the season. The 12-year veteran was inconsistent and gave up several long touchdown passes. Thomas finished with 72 tackles and one interception in 13 games.

--Former Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Brandon Stokley, who is recovering from a torn Achilles' tendon that he suffered in December, visited the Saints on Thursday.

Stokley, who split his first eight seasons in the league with the Colts and Baltimore Ravens, may get a chance to play professionally in his home state. The 30-year old played his high school and college football in Lafayette, La. -- about two hours from the Superdome.

Stokley had four solid seasons with the Colts. Even though he was the third receiver behind Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, he had a huge season in 2004 with 68 catches for 1,077 yards and 10 touchdowns. His career numbers include 199 receptions for 2,829 yards and 22 scores.

While playing for the Ravens, Stokley caught a 38-yard scoring pass in the first quarter of Super Bowl XXXV -- helping Baltimore beat the New York Giants. He was on injured reserve for the Colts' win in Super Bowl XLI.

Stokley is the first receiver to visit with the Saints since Joe Horn was released on March 1.

--Saints coach Sean Payton, the NFL's Coach of the Year, traveled to Atlantic City, N.J., and Kansas City last week to collect two prestigious awards.

In Atlantic City, Payton received the Greasy Neale Award as the professional football coach of the year. The award is presented annually by the Maxwell Football Club.

Payton was then honored with the NFL 101 Award in Kansas City as their head Coach of the Year. He was joined there by quarterback Drew Brees, who collected the NFC Offensive Player of the Year Award.

--Payton commented last week for the first time on running back Reggie Bush spraining his ankle in a celebrity basketball game held in conjunction with the NBA All-Star game in Las Vegas.

Payton didn't seem overly concerned about having his star players risk injury in athletic events during the off-season.

"If our biggest concern in February is a sprained ankle in a pickup basketball game, or Drew (Brees) getting injured playing football (in the Pro Bowl), we will be OK," Payton said. "As long as those things don't happen in July and June, I'm pretty comfortable with it. I was a little disappointed in (Bush's) move to the basket. It didn't look really good. That was concerning."

--Brees continued his whirlwind off-season on Thursday when flew with the renowned Navy Blue Angels in El Centro, Calif. He rode in an F/A-18 Hornet as part of the VIP Rider program.

"Annually, the Blue Angels hand-pick approximately 20 influential people who credibly represent the Navy's core values of honor, courage and commitment," said Lt. Cmdr. Garrett Kasper, squadron spokesman.

Brees was left almost speechless by his experience.

"It's beyond words," Brees told the Imperial Valley Press of California. "It's surreal. This will be right up there next to winning the Super Bowl when that happens this year. This is an experience I'll never forget the rest of my life."

(Lol Brees is the man :) )

QUOTE TO NOTE: "I wanted to go somewhere that had what I call some stabilizing forces, one being the head coach and one being the quarterback. They certainly have that here." -- LB Brian Simmons, the Saints' first free-agent signee this spring from outside the organization.

Team Report: Strategy and Personnel

With one of their needs addressed with the signing of linebacker Brian Simmons, the Saints continued their efforts to shore up their defense in free agency when they entertained several defensive backs.

While the Saints are expected to address the cornerback position in the draft, they brought in Philadelphia Eagles corners William James and Roderick Hood for visits.

They also had Cincinnati Bengals safety Kevin Kaesviharn in for a visit as well. Kaesviharn was the third safety to come to the team's headquarters, which indicates the Saints are trying to get more physical in the back end. Before Kaesviharn, the Saints hosted Ken Hamlin and Deon Grant.

FRANCHISE PLAYER: DE Charles Grant: Tendered at $8.66M.

TRANSITION PLAYER: None.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

--LB James Allen spent the 2006 season on injured reserve after blowing out his knee last summer and will likely not be re-signed.

--S Jay Bellamy, a 13-year veteran, was cut last season and brought back when Roman Harper suffered a season-ending knee injury in Week 5. He probably won't be re-signed.

--K Billy Cundiff was used late in the season to kick off and allow 42-year-old John Carney to rest his leg for field goals. Cundiff likely won't be re-signed.

--RB Fred McAfee was brought back late in the regular season for special-teams play and locker-room leadership, but likely won't be offered a contract considering he'll be 39 when training camp starts.

--LB Tommy Polley was a late-spring pickup and was starting in training camp before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury.

--S Bryan Scott was hampered by a hamstring injury early in the season, but was a valuable special-teams performer.

--SS Omar Stoutmire filled in when Roman Harper was lost for the season with a knee injury, but missed the final three regular-season games and both playoff contests with a hamstring injury.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS (not tendered offers)

--CB Curtis Deloatch (not tendered as RFA) contributed mostly on special teams last season.

--LB Terrence Melton (not tendered as RFA) is a capable backup who made his name on special teams.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

--WR Terrance Copper (tendered at $850,000 with no compensation) had a nice season in helping fill in for an injured Joe Horn.

--DT Rodney Leisle (tendered at $850,000 with 5th-round pick as compensation) was part of the defensive line rotation until being a healthy inactive late in the season.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS: None.

PLAYERS RE-SIGNED

--CB DeJuan Groce: UFA; terms unknown.

--DT Antwan Lake: UFA; 2 yrs, terms unknown.

--TE Billy Miller: Potential UFA; $720,000/1 yr.

--WLB Scott Shanle: Potential UFA; $6.1M base salaries/4 yrs, SB unknown.

--OT Jon Stinchcomb: UFA; $7M/2 yrs, SB unknown.

--DT Hollis Thomas: Potential UFA; $12M/4 yrs, SB unknown.

PLAYERS ACQUIRED

--TE Eric Johnson: UFA 49ers; $2M/1 yr, SB unknown.

--LB Brian Simmons: FA Bengals; 3 yrs, terms unknown.

PLAYERS LOST

--LB Danny Clark: UFA Texans; $1.4M/1 yr, $365,000 SB.

--TE Ernie Conwell (released/failed physical).

--OG Montrae Holland: UFA Broncos; $1M/1 yr, SB unknown.

--WR Joe Horn (released/failed physical).

--OG Chad Setterstrom (released).
Old 03-11-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a fantastic quote by Brees. :)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 03-13-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints hire Vince Lombardi's grandson...

Check it out here at NewOrleansSaints.com:
Saints hire offensive assistant

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-13-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

I know it's already reported on the Saints free agency thread, but I figured I'd put it on here as well...

The Saints have signed S Kevin Kaesviharn, as per NewOrleansSaints.com.

Here's the link: Saints sign UFA S Kevin Kaesviharn

But it's not on ESPN or NFL.com yet, so I don't know the length or amount of the deal.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
It depends on how Bush continues to develop. His last half of the season stats were pretty phenomenal. Extrapolate them, (since that's what people do in the off-season), and you get 2,000 total yards, 104 catches, 20 total touchdowns, 4.8 ypc. Of course extrapolation is only accurate to a degree. It cannot account for intangibles, anomalies, and variation of the teammates around the player, or the players he's facing. That said; it does show the upside Reggie Bush has. He isn't on Westbrook's level yet, but he could attain that by this time next year, and eventually surpass that mark.
Saints fans; this was uncharacteristic for me. Soak it up, enjoy it.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Well the sky is the limit for Bush, I know he'll do whatever he can to improve himself because he seems to have a drive, to continually try and get better.

I don't know if he'll put up crazy numbers.. because of the balanced nature of the Offense. There are a lot of ways to spread the ball around, but 2,000 total yards is not out of the question. I think it's very possible for him to eclipse 1,000 receiving yards next season, depending on how he's utilized.

You could tell he started to get more comfortable rushing the ball as the season went on, (stark contrast from the -5 rushing yards in Week 9 vs Tampa, compared to the 126 yds, 1 td rushing game vs the Giants in Week 16)

He'll become a more seasoned NFL runner with experience. I believe he'll go over some film this off season and try to look at some areas, like reading blocks, and making the right reads as far as which running lane to take, and what cuts to make to maximize yardage. Once he gets that down, he'll be a complete threat in almost every phase of the game.

Reggie is a very unique talent very few guys have the change of direction, and open field elusiveness abilities that he possesses.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Bush hater!! :)

Old 03-15-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, do you guys think we're going to sign a DT before the end of free agency?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
So, do you guys think we're going to sign a DT before the end of free agency?
With Chicago DT Alfonso Boone off the market (as reported by Sveen), there's only about two other guys I'd look into, Ian Scott from the Bears and the 49ers' Anthony Adams.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised, if the Saints don't sign either one and end up drafting someone in the middle of the Draft.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-18-2007, 03:46 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Aints, I mean Saints fans new "fantasy offseason-type" game starting up
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=4174

(probably not fair to call yall that considering last year)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Hey Aints, I mean Saints fans new "fantasy offseason-type" game starting up
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=4174

(probably not fair to call yall that considering last year)
One year doesn't make a difference... but thanks for stopping by! ;)

(Seems he already filled the Saints general manager position...with a Packers fan... ugh... )

Anyway... new posts in new places... enjoy and discuss! :D

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-20-2007, 06:16 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy 2007 Compensatory Picks

According to AdamJT13 and his rundown of who will (most likely) get this years compensatory picks the Saints aren't getting anyone. :(

Not a big surprise though.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=4358

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote