Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 04-02-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about Beck is that he will be a 26-year old rookie so we would be risking him getting really old before becoming a solid starter.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We traded our 6th rounder for Olindo Mare.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
We traded our 6th rounder for Olindo Mare.
Payton is taking a gamble on Mare. Olindo used to be a very clutch kicker in the league but the past years he's regressed. Maybe in an indoor stadium he might be able to get back in the groove of things. So far I don't know what to think about this signing but I'm leaning towards the fact that we might have been better off drafting someone in the 6th Rd, someone like Justin Medlock.

Plus, no one knows where Mason Crosby will end up and we could have a chance at getting him possibly in the 3rd.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Payton is taking a gamble on Mare. Olindo used to be a very clutch kicker in the league but the past years he's regressed. Maybe in an indoor stadium he might be able to get back in the groove of things. So far I don't know what to think about this signing but I'm leaning towards the fact that we might have been better off drafting someone in the 6th Rd, someone like Justin Medlock.

Plus, no one knows where Mason Crosby will end up and we could have a chance at getting him possibly in the 3rd.
I like the move, Mare may be able to get back on track kicking field goal Indoors. Also he has a booming leg so that'll improve kickoff position by a certain deal.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yahoo article on the Saints Draft needs.

Quote:
New Orleans Saints
Team needs: CB, TE, WR, DL, QB
Overall pick/round: 27 (1), 58 (2), 88 (3), 123 (4), 125 (4), 126 (4), 163 (5), 220 (7)

CB: They are armed with six picks in the first four rounds, so making a deal up in the first is exceedingly possible. Chances are, they would need to trade from pick No. 27 to the middle of the first round in order to have a shot at someone like Darrelle Revis or Chris Houston.

TE: While making a similar trade up in the first round to select Greg Olsen would clearly solve another of the team's biggest needs, it is unlikely that they would part with multiple picks for another offensive player. Instead, the Saints are likely to pull from a decent group of second-tier prospects like Clark Harris, Scott Chandler or Martrez Milner – all possibilities between the third and fourth rounds.

WR: The Saints lucked out with the immediate impact of last year's seventh-round pick Marques Colston. He enters next season as their go-to guy, but they are looking for depth and contributions beyond Devery Henderson and Terrance Copper. The staff likes former undrafted free agent Jamal Jones, but the team could use a fourth-round pick on a development flanker as a replacement for the departed Joe Horn.

DL: This is still one of the strongest positions on the Saints' roster. However, they are likely to lose right end Charles Grant to free agency a year from now unless a new long-term deal can be agreed upon this summer. They re-signed veteran defensive tackle Hollis Thomas, but it would be wise to draft his eventual replacement. Tackles that fit their style would include Brandon Mebane, Trey Lewis or late-rounders like Brent Curvey or Joe Anoai.

QB: Veteran Drew Brees was obviously a tremendous pickup for the Saints last offseason. Now, they should turn their attention to developing a young quarterback behind Brees and veteran backup Jamie Martin. They have four selections within a 40- pick range (Nos. 123-163) between rounds 4-5, so prospects that could fit their scheme include Jeff Rowe, Zac Taylor and even Florida's Chris Leak.
They covered the main needs but I don't entirely agree with the order of them. I think D-line needs to be higher, at around the 2nd-3rd ranked need. We really have to add some fresh bodies on the Defensive line, both on the interior and possibly an edge guy to groom for Grant's replacement.

I would've possibly added Linebacker depth on there.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:35 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

We need alot but hopefully we can get some role players in the mid draft slots. I dont think we will wind up comming out with more than one immediate stud.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

KFFL is reporting we have a private visit set up with QB Trent Edwards.

Quote:
Saints | T. Edwards has private visit set up with team
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:15:09 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the New Orleans Saints have a private visit set up with Stanford QB Trent Edwards.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
KFFL is reporting we have a private visit set up with QB Trent Edwards.
I would not mind him being drafted by us, but it all depends on where he falls to as I feel we have bigger needs in the first 3 Rounds.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I would not mind him being drafted by us, but it all depends on where he falls to as I feel we have bigger needs in the first 3 Rounds.
I agree. I don't think that the Saints need to get a quarterback until the fourth or fifth round. Someone like Edwards, Ohio State's Troy Smith, Florida's Chris Leak, Nebraska's Zac Taylor, diabsoule's boy Pitt's Tyler Palko and lastly, my favorite, BYU's John Beck are all possibilities.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Brief Payton blurb in a Sporting News article. Payton talks about the need to run the ball better, and the importance of field position.

Quote:
Sean Payton is not satisfied with everything he produced from his running game last season in New Orleans. He wants Reggie Bush to become a better inside runner and Deuce McAllister to improve his outside skills. The goal is to make it more difficult for defenses to scheme against the Saints. Bush also needs to hone his pass-protection skills, in part by becoming stronger so he can hold up better when he blocks linebackers. He also will be asked to cut down negative-yardage plays on punt returns. Payton understands Bush's desire to generate long gainers, but he doesn't want to sacrifice field position as a tradeoff. . . .
I think Payton's assessment is spot on. We could've ran the ball a lot better at times last season.

I definitely think that we'll see more improvements in that area as Deuce is another year removed from the knee injury he should get some more burst back, and Reggie should continue to become a more experienced runner.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Reggie steadily improved as the season progressed. Deuce as you said it will be more confident after a healthy season.

I wouldnt want to sacrifice Reggies big play capabilites on the outside runs though. He is probably the best running back in the league at outside running, partly because he does it so often and partly because he evades defenders so well.

The negative yardage runs and returns are definitely correct, on Reggies part he needs to dive forward sometimes. But as he settles down all will be better.

I am falling in love more and more with Payton with each quote he says. He never quits and always wants improvement.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:54 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

do you guys really think , guys like beason and especially olsen are real saints favourites ? i cant remember loomis drafting a florida or miami standout this high. i mean , maybe its a rumor , but payton love the high character guys , besides that i dont think we need a receiving TE this bad. more likely we will draft a WR on day one . so we could go out with two blocking TE , two WR , Brees and McAllister/Bush. maybe replace one TE with the other RB or FB. but i dont see. formations with the TE being number one options. we have glaring needs at defense. not to draft a DB/D# bpa at 27 would be highly negligent.

so my options are :

in this order : revis , ross , Pos , Meachem OR Down/UP Trade. ( down for another LB plus picks . up for someone like revis )

what do you guys think.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 to ATL View Post
Reggie steadily improved as the season progressed. Deuce as you said it will be more confident after a healthy season.

I wouldnt want to sacrifice Reggies big play capabilites on the outside runs though. He is probably the best running back in the league at outside running, partly because he does it so often and partly because he evades defenders so well.

The negative yardage runs and returns are definitely correct, on Reggies part he needs to dive forward sometimes. But as he settles down all will be better.
Definitely like you said you don't want to take away the strengths of the backfield. I still believe Deuce's role will be inside handoffs, and Reggie will remain a multi-purpose threat who will be moved around to force match up problems.

The thing I think Payton was getting at, was he wants them to improve their all-around game, to add even more versatility to the Offense. With that the Offense would become completely unpredictable. Last year there was some predictability in the sense that if Deuce was getting the hand off more often than not it would be an inside run, if Reggie was getting the ball more often than not it would be going outside.

I think Payton just wants to remove that predictability factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint View Post
do you guys really think , guys like beason and especially olsen are real saints favourites ? i cant remember loomis drafting a florida or miami standout this high. i mean , maybe its a rumor , but payton love the high character guys , besides that i dont think we need a receiving TE this bad. more likely we will draft a WR on day one . so we could go out with two blocking TE , two WR , Brees and McAllister/Bush. maybe replace one TE with the other RB or FB. but i dont see. formations with the TE being number one options. we have glaring needs at defense. not to draft a DB/D# bpa at 27 would be highly negligent.

so my options are :
in this order : revis , ross , Pos , Meachem OR Down/UP Trade. ( down for another LB plus picks . up for someone like revis )

what do you guys think.
I don't know. It's hard to get a good read on who the Saints are liking in the Draft. Payton runs a tight ship. Your scenario works.

I would not mind trading up to ensure we land one of the 1st round Corners, Revis/Houston/ Ross. Then on the other hand I wouldn't mind if they stayed PAT and took the best Defensive player left on the board, whether that be a Posluszny/Beason/Harrell..etc.

If a top WR falls I think the Saints will take a long hard look as well if there is little Defensive value left on the board at the end of Round 1.

Last edited by Auron : 04-10-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what do yall think of trading up or staying put and grabbing David Harris to help stop the run up the middle and then going for mccauley or eric wright in the 2nd?? that is if all four 1st round corners are off the board by the time the saints pick. otherwise i would say pick on of the 4 top corners and go MLB in Waters in the 3rd or 4th.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
what do yall think of trading up or staying put and grabbing David Harris to help stop the run up the middle and then going for mccauley or eric wright in the 2nd?? that is if all four 1st round corners are off the board by the time the saints pick. otherwise i would say pick on of the 4 top corners and go MLB in Waters in the 3rd or 4th.
I really, really like David Harris, but I just don't think he's a first round prospect. I'd say early to mid second, and if he's around when we pick in the second, I'd love it if we'd grab him.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
I really, really like David Harris, but I just don't think he's a first round prospect. I'd say early to mid second, and if he's around when we pick in the second, I'd love it if we'd grab him.
yea i agree that he isn't a first round prospect, but i don't see anyone else at yalls picks available. maybe mccauley will be high enough on the saints big board to grab at 27/28/29?? whereever it is the saints pick. whatever the saints do i think it has to be defense all of day 1 and most day 2.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

also looking back on the article of team needs by yahoo, i don't know if anyone has seen this thread: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=6121
but the guy looks like a haus. and could probably more than adequately replace thomas once he retires in the next few years.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Article on the New Orleans Saints Official Website about Roman Harper's recovery.

Looks like his rehab is going smoothly he says he's about 85-90% now, and he should be near full strength by training camp. Ninkovich looks to be progressing as well.

Quote:
Heading into the Saints' preseason game against Dallas last August, rookie second-round draft pick Roman Harper was inserted into the starting lineup at strong safety just weeks into his first training camp out of the University of Alabama.

For the remaining three weeks of the preseason and the first five weeks of the regular season, Harper held down that starting spot in the New Orleans secondary and showed excellent promise before seeing his rookie season cut short when he tore the ACL in his left knee in the fourth quarter of the win over Tampa Bay October 8 at the Superdome.

In his first five regular season games, Harper helped lead the team to a 4-1 start with his 32 tackles, two pass defenses, one forced fumble and a quarterback sack. He then was forced to the sidelines and became a cheerleader as his teammates carried on to win the NFC South title and came within one win of the Super Bowl.

"It was definitely frustrating at times but I was really happy because I'm a team guy," Harper revealed Tuesday when asked how difficult it was to be a bystander for a large portion of the season.

"As long as I got to keep joking around with the guys, it was fun and I had a good time with it. It was a winning season and everybody in the whole city was happy."

Six months out from the injury and having worked tirelessly to rehab following his surgery, the defensive back feels like he's almost all the way back to where he needs to be to compete and vows to be ready by the time camp rolls around this summer.

"I'm coming along really well; I'm about 85-90% now, just running and doing all the drills with the team," said Harper. "I'm getting out there and running and I'm just a little bit tired so I'm in the back a little bit, but it's coming along well strength-wise.

"I think I'll be 100% by (training camp). Everything has been coming along really well and I'm a little bit ahead of schedule. If I just keep continuing to work out and (Head Athletic Trainer) Scottie (Patton) and everybody keep getting on me everyday, I'll continue to improve."

Harper's recovery has been spurred on by the fact that he hasn't had to go it alone on the road back to fitness as fellow 2006 rookie Rob Ninkovich was right alongside him, having suffered a similar injury just two weeks earlier.

"I felt so bad for him when he tore his in the Atlanta game which was such a big game," Harper said of the defensive end. He's a good friend of mine and now that we've been through this whole thing together, we're even better friends. He's always checking on my knee and I'm checking on his - mine's the left and his is the right. He's just a little bit bigger and a lot slower than me, but he's still my boy though. We've gone through everything together and he's going to be good too."

Harper is hungry and eager to get back on the field, as he acknowledges that he's going to have some work do to in order to once again win his starting role in the defensive backfield.

"I've got to do what I can do and contribute however I can and just play ball,: he said. "I'm here for a reason just like the rest of the guys, so the best guys are going to play and the rest will have to help this team win. I'm coming back though and it feels real good. It's getting better and I've just got to do what I've got to do."
Old 04-10-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
BiggerFoot

tt39 you beat me to that Walter Thomas DT article, he is around 370 pounds and can move, WOW. That is amazing and even though he would be a project I think that we could use a 4th or a 5th on just that much potential. Representing MS as well.

I think the draft will go D with almost every pick I agree, but I think that WR with a day 1 pick would be wise as long as we get value. I would not mind trading down with our first round pick, to say the Dolphins and see if Harrell, Rice, or McCauley are there. and pick up a 3rd round pick
Old 04-11-2007, 03:48 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerFoot View Post
tt39 you beat me to that Walter Thomas DT article, he is around 370 pounds and can move, WOW. That is amazing and even though he would be a project I think that we could use a 4th or a 5th on just that much potential. Representing MS as well.

I think the draft will go D with almost every pick I agree, but I think that WR with a day 1 pick would be wise as long as we get value. I would not mind trading down with our first round pick, to say the Dolphins and see if Harrell, Rice, or McCauley are there. and pick up a 3rd round pick
yea he supposedly is a beast, but in that thread ricky bobby also brings up another guy that is interesting. he links an article to it. like 6'5 345 lb man and he does a backflip he is so agile/athletic. i personally think the WR core the saints have now will do just fine, but since everyone else wants a WR, has anyone mentioned Paul Williams?? maybe 3/4 round guy. who has great potential. youtube him. you won't be disappointed. if any of you saints fans are LA tech fans another guy that i think we will be special Jonathan Holland. i think he is a big sleeper in the draft. just some more ideas.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Saints 2007 Schedule

Week 1 - @ Indianapolis (Season Opener)
Week 2 - @ Tampa Bay
Week 3 - Tennessee (MNF)
Week 4 - BYE
Week 5 - Carolina
Week 6 - @ Seattle (SNF)
Week 7 - Atlanta
Week 8 - @ San Francisco
Week 9 - Jacksonville
Week 10 - St. Louis
Week 11 - @ Houston
Week 12 - @ Carolina
Week 13 - Tampa Bay
Week 14 - @ Atlanta (MNF)
Week 15 - Arizona
Week 16 - Philadelphia
Week 17 - @ Chicago
Old 04-11-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Saints 2007 Schedule

Week 1 - @ Indianapolis (Season Opener)
Week 2 - @ Tampa Bay
Week 3 - Tennessee (MNF)
Week 4 - BYE
Week 5 - Carolina
Week 6 - @ Seattle (SNF)
Week 7 - Atlanta
Week 8 - @ San Francisco
Week 9 - Jacksonville
Week 10 - St. Louis
Week 11 - @ Houston
Week 12 - @ Carolina
Week 13 - Tampa Bay
Week 14 - @ Atlanta (MNF)
Week 15 - Arizona
Week 16 - Philadelphia
Week 17 - @ Chicago
Very tough games to open and close the regular season, but everything in between is a fairly easy schedule. I think another 10-6 or 11-5 seems about right.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Very tough games to open and close the regular season, but everything in between is a fairly easy schedule. I think another 10-6 or 11-5 seems about right.
I actually think it's not bad, obviously Week 1 will be a huge test. I hope we can have a playoff spot locked up by Week 16, because closing with the Eagles, and Bears sounds grueling.

I'm not so sure about having the Bye so early, I would prefer it around the middle of the season.

Week 3, Dome opener on Monday Night football should be a very intriguing match up.. Vince Young, vs Reggie.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually think it's not bad, obviously Week 1 will be a huge test. I hope we can have a playoff spot locked up by Week 16, because closing with the Eagles, and Bears sounds grueling.

I'm not so sure about having the Bye so early, I would prefer it around the middle of the season.

Week 3, Dome opener on Monday Night football should be a very intriguing match up.. Vince Young, vs Reggie.

I'm with you. I hate the fact our bye week is so early in the season. I'd rather have the break in the middle of the season, instead of week four.

And how were we so lucky to get both Super Bowl representatives on the road as the bookends of our schedule? :(

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Recent article on the Saints official Website. Talks about how our new additions to the team are fitting in already.

Quote:
Three of the newest members of the New Orleans Saints met the local media for the first time this week following their addition to the roster this offseason. Linebacker Brian Simmons and safety Kevin Kaesviharn signed with the club as free agents last month, and kicker Olindo Mare joined the Saints via a trade last week.

All three of the newcomers are participating in Head Coach Sean Payton's offseason program and are enjoying getting settled into their new surroundings.

Kaesviharn said that he and his family felt very welcome by the organization and is looking forward to this new chapter in his career.

"It's nice," he said. "Going through the whole process we felt like we wanted to be in a place where we could win right away and this is obviously a place where I feel like that's a possibility and I think everyone feels that way here.

"The offseason workouts are going well. I understand the importance of being here, getting to know the guys, getting to know the city, and letting them get to know me. What I"ve seen is a lot of class, a lot of good people, and anytime you have that I think the sky is the limit."

Simmons is eager to be a part of an exciting time to be a Saint, and hopes to further the success that the club enjoyed in 2006. When asked what it was about the Saints that drew him to New Orleans, the linebacker pointed out the good direction he sees this team headed in.

"I was impressed with what they did last year and the veteran leadership on this team, the composure of the team, and I felt like this is definitely a team that can win the Super Bowl," said Simmons.

"The thing that you have to keep in focus is that one year doesn't turn it around. You've got to keep doing the things that you've done to get to this point and now it's time to go up another level because once you get to this point, everyone's going to be coming after you and you're not going to be able to sneak up on people."

While Mare admittedly wasn't expecting to be traded by the Miami Dolphins, he's definitely pleased with the place he finds himself in now.

"It's a winning team," said the veteran kicker. "I got a lot of phone calls after I got traded from Miami and everybody seemed to be excited so it's not just a personal thing. A lot of guys around the league were saying how lucky I was to come to a team like this, so I'm pretty excited.

"All of the stuff I've heard from players before and after the trade is that all the guys are great in the locker room."

Each of these new Saints are ready to contribute to the team's success and are eager to put in the work necessary to get on the field and win games for New Orleans.

'I don't expect them to give me anything," Simmons said when asked if he's been given a starting role among the linebacking corps. "I've come down here willing to work and go out there and earn my position. They told me that they want me to play middle linebacker and that's all I need to know. It's up to me to take the job and win it."

Kaesviharn says he's ready contribute in any way possible.

"There's an importance in having depth. I think every coach and every team needs that depth," he said. "It's important to have guys who can step in right away that have the experience and have the ability to play.

"Whoever starts, that's who the coach feels is going to give the best opportunity to win but every guy understands the importance of being ready just in case something happens. And you have to have competition - that's the only way everybody's going to get better individually and as a team."
I really like these guys attitudes toward hard work, I think Payton and Loomis are doing a great job of finding guys that fit into the team structure.