Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 05-11-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Actually that was when the board was changing over, and our user names got messed up temporarily.

Was just wondering are you a Steelers fan who follows the Saints a bit, or a fan of both teams like Diab?
i am a fan of both teams more so the steelers. black and gold north/south. i grew up in louisiana, my mom is a die hard Saints fan and i love the state and so i will always be a fan of the Saints, just not as much as the Steelers. like Diab is Saints first then Steelers, well I am the other way around.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see, that's cool. I can't wait for the early Mini camp reports tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walter Thomas was cut today.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

there goes everyones immediate hopes that he would step in right away and contribute, granted he might be back on the roster sometime you never know.

But heres to the player garnering the most hype/chatter around every message board, be it for good or negative reasons.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Walter Thomas was cut today.
I heard he lasted 9 minutes in mini-camp. If so, he can all but kiss his NFL career good bye.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some Photos from Mini Camp. Article.

(in order from left to right - Robert Meachem, Usama Young, Antonio Pittman, Andy Alleman, Jermon Bushrod, Tyler Palko ) there's a few more pics in the gallery.

also on Walter Thomas, has it been confirmed that he's been officially released? I heard he couldn't make it through conditioning drills and was just sent home.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

With Payton coaching it wouldn't surprise me if he flat out cut him. He probably had him on a short leash to begin with because of all the character issues.

The fact that he even brought him in shocked me.

I'm kinda hoping he didn't get cut though. The man has unreal potential.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure it's confirmed. Said Thomas only lasted 12 minutes. There are also reports at SaintsReport.com that Meachem might have an ankle injury of some kind.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 05-13-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Looks like Meachem indeed suffered an ankle injury. WWL Report

Quote:
“Yesterday it didn’t go as well as I wanted it to go as far as fatigue I would say. I’m doing well in spurts, I figure once I get in better shape I can show coaches what I can do.” Meachem by his own admission has been hurt in the workouts by how out of shape he is as he’s dropped passes and struggled to leave a good impression on head coach Sean Payton.

“He struggled some. He’s had some blister issues with his feet. He’s overweight,” Payton said following Sunday morning’s practice. “He tweaked his ankle in the morning practice so it hadn’t been all rosy for him. You know he’s been on that first round tour these guys go on where they visit all these teams and eat a lot of fun dinners and it looks like it. He’s got a ways to go”
Rookies do have a tendency to go at it a bit too hard during these camps to make a good impression. I'm not too worried he'll get back into shape fast. Colston struggled during rookie camps last year.

Shame about Walter Thomas, can't say I'm too surprised I was skeptical to begin with considering how long he had been out of football for.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Goddamnit, Auron, I was just about to post that. :)

Old 05-13-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Goddamnit, Auron, I was just about to post that. :)
I might have to cut back on the info whoring, let some other Saints fans break the news.

Another cool part from the article.
Quote:
Meachem says he has received some words of advice from receiver Marques Colston. “He told me that he probably got in his best shape during OTAs, and, for me, I’m going to try and get in my best shape during OTAs as well.”

The ankle injury shouldn’t keep the Saints first round pick from participating in June’s team mini camp.
Glad to hear about Colston offering words of advice to a teammate, I think he'll step into a leadership role more now that Joe's gone.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I actually heard that Curtis Johnson has said that Colston is the leader of the WR corps.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Not surprised to hear that.

Sporting News: Saints Team Report. Amazing to hear about Drew's relentless work ethic, he's doing full time workouts to improve core strength. Sounds like he's going to do whatever it takes to get this team to the next level.

Quote:
SCOUTING REPORT: QB Drew Brees said he is more than 90 percent healed after dislocating his left, nonthrowing elbow in the Pro Bowl. But he said the only reason he's not listing himself at 100 percent is because he knows he can get even stronger. Brees has said he is doing everything he normally would in May, as far as conditioning and lifting and throwing. And with the rehab work on his left arm, he expects it to be even stronger than it was before -- similar to the way he seemed to develop a bionic right arm after major shoulder surgery last offseason. Brees should only be better in his second season with the Saints and in coach Sean Payton's offense. That's hard to imagine after he finished second in the MVP voting a year ago. But Brees is a tireless worker who strives for greatness, and he is right in the middle of his prime.
----
Also a tid bit of info from Training Camp. Article Sounds like Usama Young is really impressing.

Quote:
Of the seven players drafted by the New Orleans Saints, coach Sean Payton said it would be hard to pick one that is performing better than cornerback Usama Young.

Taken in the third round out of Kent State, Young has a physical presence at 6-0, 198 and has impressed with his speed and ability to break on the ball.

“The first impression is important, and Usama’s a guy that’s certainly made one,” Payton said. “He has our attention.”

Payton also added that David Jones, another cornerback selected in the fifth round out of Division II Wingate (N.C.), has also performed well.

“I’ve really been pleased with both those young corners,” Payton said. “Those guys are showing they can play.”

There’s a growing belief that both Young and Jones have great opportunities to make the team and that 12-year veteran Fred Thomas’ days with the club may be short.

“I’m not worrying about any other player – I’m focused on myself,” Young said. “I hope the coaches think I’m doing well, but I can’t say I feel that. I’m doing OK, but I have a long ways to go. The level of competition (at mini-camp) is high, and we haven’t even gotten the veterans in here yet.”
LOOK FOR CONTINUING COVERAGE OF THE SAINTS ROOKIE MINI-CAMP IN THE MONDAY PRINT AND ONLINE EDITIONS OF THE NEWS-STAR.

Last edited by Auron : 05-13-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Ah well, I guess he was worth looking at.

If Usama Young plays up to his measureables he could be a stud; I feel the same about David Jones. Jones is a bit more of a project than Young but they both have immense physical ability.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:03 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

A couple of Highlight vids to get you through the long off-season days. These were made by Mattgobear on SaintsReport.com.

Reggie Bush Highlight Vid

Marques Colston Highlight Vid

pretty scary to think that these guys were only rookies last year and are still improving.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:22 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Well I finally created my very first Highlight video, it's a bit short but I guess it's not bad for a first. It's a Drew Brees HL vid.

Highlight Vid

Feedback would be much appreciated, thanks. :)
Old 05-15-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Well I finally created my very first Highlight video, it's a bit short but I guess it's not bad for a first. It's a Drew Brees HL vid.

Highlight Vid

Feedback would be much appreciated, thanks. :)
Nice, it could double as a Devery Henderson highlight video. Devery's the man! That got me really excited about the upcoming season.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Nice, it could double as a Devery Henderson highlight video. Devery's the man! That got me really excited about the upcoming season.
Yeah most of the longer yardage passes were to Devery. I could've added a few more clips like the Hail Mary TD, and a few others but I didn't have many good soundtrack options.

Last edited by Auron : 05-15-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There’s a growing belief that both Young and Jones have great opportunities to make the team and that 12-year veteran Fred Thomas’ days with the club may be short.
I'm sure this makes all Saints fans happy...

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:21 AM    (permalink
novembrefluo
Rookie

novembrefluo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...obsession.html

I love to read that kind of article
novembrefluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
I'm sure this makes all Saints fans happy...
A bit, I guess. If anything he can still contribute as a nickelback for a year.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

According to the Saints official Website. Robert Meachem changed his number to 17.

---
Also a quick article on Reggie Bush, and Drew Brees' training regimen.

Quote:
"The month of May is when you get your head back on for football," says Durkin, who just opened a new, 5,000-square-foot facility. "Drew and L.T. are starting to train head-wise for what it's going to take to get to the Super Bowl and win a championship.
"L.T. wants to prove he can have the same kind of season again. He's been working as hard as ever."

Though Bush is trying a new regimen near his Los Angeles home, Durkin expects Brees and Bush to work and throw together with him next month.
"I talked to Drew, and we're going to go pretty much every day in June, July," Durkin says. "A lot of guys take the month of July off. The true champions, Drew and L.T., are ramping up at a time some guys are coasting in."
Old 05-18-2007, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Finished my latest HL video. It's of Will Smith. Video

I might be getting the hang of this, I'm thinking the next one is going to be Deuce McAllister.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Auron, you are a f'n beast. You should be Team Leader before long, dude.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:04 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Auron, you are a f'n beast. You should be Team Leader before long, dude.
Lol, I try.

Now I'm going to crash for like 10 hours straight been up for a while. I have tomorrow off atleast. :)