Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 10-20-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, losing the league leader in touchdowns is no loss at all :-/

One thing though, whenever Bush goes down, Payton returns to a basic offense in regards to the run game.... why can't he do that when Bush is in? He runs best in normal running plays anyway.

It's not looking good, but I'm not throwing in the towel just yet, we have a lot of division games left in which we can make up ground, and our schedule isn't all that bad.

Last edited by Saints-Tigers : 10-20-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Orleans Saints sign a punter

CHANDLER'S CROSS, ENGLAND - Saints Coach Sean Payton announced Monday that the team signed punter Ben Graham to replace Steve Weatherford.

Graham, a 34-year-old who used to play in the Australian Football League, spent more than three seasons with the New York Jets. Graham played in four games this season with the Jets, punting 14 times for an average of 43.3 yards, but was released by the team for the second time this season in late September.

Payton said Monday afternoon that Graham was already with the Saints at their hotel outside London, after flying separate from the team following the Saints' loss to the Carolina Panthers.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just in case Graham doesn't work out, my 4 year old and I were outside practicing kicking the ball over the fence.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so who's gonna get the majority of the carries next week Thomas or McAllister

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What God did Sean Patyon piss off? I gotta know.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
so who's gonna get the majority of the carries next week Thomas or McAllister
I think we're going to see Deuce, Thomas, and Stecker all in the mix. It's probably going to be a healthy balance.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to get too into fantasy here in the Saints thread, I too am wondering if I should pick up Thomas or Stecker (as a Bush owner).

My gut is that Thomas could be the back to step in, although Stecker is a veteran and can catch the ball well himself. Hrmm.

Hopefully Marques Colston gets going this week, after two drops last week cost him some looks and then a spot on the field.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Not to get too into fantasy here in the Saints thread, I too am wondering if I should pick up Thomas or Stecker (as a Bush owner).

My gut is that Thomas could be the back to step in, although Stecker is a veteran and can catch the ball well himself. Hrmm.

Hopefully Marques Colston gets going this week, after two drops last week cost him some looks and then a spot on the field.
I think we rushed Schockey and Colston back and thats why you didn't see the contributions on the field that they normally would have brought.

I'd pick up Thomas over Stecker in fantasy. I think he's going to see more touches than Stecker.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-21-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did Steve Weatherford do to get cut?

Anyway, here we'll see Sean Payton go to an old school running system instead of the gimmicks and we will thrive.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:51 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

Anyway, here we'll see Sean Payton go to an old school running system instead of the gimmicks and we will thrive.
Supposedly it was a long time coming for Weatherford. Although I thought he was a good punter, the coaching staff thought differently with his 42 yard per punt average.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-23-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

How well do you guys think Carl Nicks could translate to LT?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-26-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Halfway point in the season and we are exactly where we were last year, 4-4. We got there in different ways but in the end it's the same record. Now all that matters is what we can do to improve this team, and try to fix the mistakes that have been costing us over the Bye week. I'm not so sure the problems will go away entirely.. (non existent pass rush, poor coverage in the secondary, kicking game issues) but maybe there is a way to patch them up.

This wasn't the most satisfying win. I'll take it but boy was it sloppy, and we almost blew a big lead in the end. Still have a lot of work to do if we're going to try and make a push towards the playoffs.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank God we have a bye week coming up and a few of our players can get healthy.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was great seeing Big Sed back. He made some damn good plays for us today.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I'm glad our bye week is next week. We could definitely use it.

Also, we have got to re-sign Jonathan Vilma, Jahri Evans, Lance Moore, and Billy Miller.

Also, this has got to be Gary Gibbs last year as our DC. I want an aggressive, attacking DC as our last good year on defense was when Ron Zook was our defensive coordinator. We have got to bring in someone that will put pressure on the offense.

We also need to establish some semblance of a running game. Our offensive balance is way off and needs to be corrected now not later.

We also need to instill more discipline on the offense and defense because they are committing too many penalties.

We have got to get better on ST. Missing an XP is unacceptable.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-27-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
How well do you guys think Carl Nicks could translate to LT?
I have no problem with Brown there, I would like Nicks at RT.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just dropping in to say that your guys fans are awesome, had a couple of guys from New Orleans sitting next to me and they were great. Hope the Brits support did your team justice.

Also, met Mike Karney, Jammal Brown and Jahri Evans outside their hotel whilst taking a friend to hospital (long story), they were really cool guys.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i must admit I'm in a good mood due to the win yesterday. They played really well for large parts of the game and to be honoust I think we could've scored more on them. However they still found chances to almost blow it. For instance i was really suprised they didnt see the onside kick coming. But it was a really good and vital win and that makes me happy.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm glad our bye week is next week. We could definitely use it.

Also, we have got to re-sign Jonathan Vilma, Jahri Evans, Lance Moore, and Billy Miller.
Is it just me, or has be been playing some great football lately?

Old 10-27-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I waited this long, but i gotta know, what are Saints fans thoughts on my boy Jonathan Vilma this season thus far? I haven't got to see him as much as i have in the past (college and as a Jet), but i stlil love the guy to death, hope you guys are enjoying his play this year. What are your thoughts?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I waited this long, but i gotta know, what are Saints fans thoughts on my boy Jonathan Vilma this season thus far? I haven't got to see him as much as i have in the past (college and as a Jet), but i stlil love the guy to death, hope you guys are enjoying his play this year. What are your thoughts?
He's pretty much been the Defensive MVP, (for what we actually do right on Defense) Very smart LB, always around the ball, solid tackler. He got juked out on a LT touchdown but honestly what LB in this league doesn't get flat-footed by Tomlinson. Leading the team in tackles with 72, and had the game clinching Interception yesterday. Definitely the kind of LB we have been missing on Defense.

As far as Miller goes he's a very solid Tight End who always seems to sneak up on Defenses and bite them for big catches in situations where they seem to ignore him, but he doesn't offer much in terms of athleticism, can't stretch the middle of the field like Shockey can. Either way he's a good back-up, role player to have.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

He was probably sleeping with Sean Paytons daughter. Keep up the good work Saints.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Vilma has been doing great, he has a nose for the ball, which I love.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah really good pickup.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

New Orleans releases K Taylor Melhaff and P Ben Graham

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...e=clayton_john

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter