Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 10-29-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said, me and my boy have been outside practicing kicking the ball over the fence.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints sign kicker and punter

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008...oose_kick.html

The new kicker is Garrett Hartley and punter Glenn Pakulak.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets just try and play a different kicker and punter every week

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:56 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How long before we get Morten Andersen on the phone? ;)

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, Mike Mallory is flying to Yugoslavia to look for a mule named Gus.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should've kept John Carney. :(
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles Grant placed on IR, Saints Re-Sign Hollis Thomas

http://neworleanssaints.com/Articles...%20Thomas.aspx

I had no idea Grant was even injured but oh well... I think this is it for the season. I kinda see us going after KGB now, though, to help shore up our D-Line.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-03-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Predictions on the Falcons game?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Charles Grant placed on IR, Saints Re-Sign Hollis Thomas

http://neworleanssaints.com/Articles...%20Thomas.aspx

I had no idea Grant was even injured but oh well... I think this is it for the season. I kinda see us going after KGB now, though, to help shore up our D-Line.
I guess they figure with a suspension looming and a injury that would most likely linger and hamper his abilities when he does play, might as well put him on IR. I hope we at least take a long look at KGB. I'm certainly fine with McCray but would love to have another pass rusher in the rotation.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:19 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 10: New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons

Another toughie, we have been poor so far on the road but we need this one baddd. This game in my mind could be a season maker or breaker, if we want to stand any chance for a play-off place we just simply need to win this one.
I think Colston should be ready to play at his own level again which should further help out our passing game. Also the rest of our injuries seem to have eased up a bit. Losing Grant will make a big difference though. I'm looking for a linebackers to step up and help make atlanta one dimensional. As good as he has looked Matt Ryan has looked kinda fragile in obvious passing situations IMO.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-05-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah, for as much as I love Matt Ryan, it would be a great joy to watch him get smashed this week.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

This is going to be a tough, hard fought game but I have to give the edge to Atlanta, esp with us having Bush & Grant out.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-06-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Anybody else think we should go after KGB & DeAngelo Hall?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-06-2008, 02:52 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know. But lets discuss the upcoming game! I am excited.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 11-06-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I dont know. But lets discuss the upcoming game! I am excited.
Jeah the Qb matchup in itself is gonna be interesting because Matty has been really impressive at home.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-06-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Yeah. He has yet to turn over the ball at home and we have yet to lose (but the teams we have played have been pretty eh).

Our best chance of winning is to come out and just run it and take a ton of time off that clock. If we get down early though, the game gets a lot more interesting. I wonder if Ryan will be able to air it out like he did against Chicago to win the game.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be a fun interesting game. Sucks you guys don't have Reggie but that will help us. We got this one at home which is why i give us the edge. 24-21.

Other than that I think both teams play well and are injury free.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:07 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Anybody else think we should go after KGB & DeAngelo Hall?
Hall for sure. KGB for a 1 year contract if the $ is right. He doesn't deserve more than 3.5 mil a year.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:08 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Who is our kicker this week?

Old 11-07-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And of course, the FO doesn't go after Hall. Didn't Hall say he would welcome a trade to NO last offseason?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Oh well, it was fun to think about.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will see how prepared this team is.. they've had 2 weeks to get ready for the Falcons. Will they be able to finally get this season going in the right direction?

Yes this is another road game but if they come out flat, and un-energized that just shows me they aren't going to be seriously contending with the rest of the NFC South teams this season; and will just revert back to the up and down inconsistent cycle of showing promise, only to blow all momentum the following week.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anything Ryan has shown great poise in pressure situations. Bears game, put us back into the Eagles game (even after a terrible INT, kept his composure).

Im worried about our D getting your O off the field. That will be the factor in this game. Can Turner and Norwood carry the load to control the clock. You guys can strike at any second so it is key we keep Brees off the field to win this one. Edge Falcons, 24-21, w/ home field being the key factor.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Another toughie, we have been poor so far on the road but we need this one baddd. This game in my mind could be a season maker or breaker, if we want to stand any chance for a play-off place we just simply need to win this one.
I think Colston should be ready to play at his own level again which should further help out our passing game. Also the rest of our injuries seem to have eased up a bit. Losing Grant will make a big difference though. I'm looking for a linebackers to step up and help make atlanta one dimensional. As good as he has looked Matt Ryan has looked kinda fragile in obvious passing situations IMO.
That is completely false. He has looked his best on third down and longs.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Who is our kicker this week?
Some scrub journeyman who I've never heard of.

I got Atlanta at home in this matchup. New Orleans injuries will be too much and the solid running of Michael Turner plus the efficiency of Matt Ryan will be able to exploit our porous defense over and over again.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter