Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 11-11-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, since he's with another team, now I hope so.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think we could use hall although i usually dont like that kinda characters but with porter injured en mckenzie out for a while prolly we just need al the help we can get. For those who are better familiar with contract lengths, are there any good left tackles hitting free agency, I'd really like to move brown to the right and have a good LT. (I know the odds are slim)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the Shockey experiment I don't think you guys need players like that.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
After the Shockey experiment I don't think you guys need players like that.
Give Shockey a full offseason healthy and he'll be fine.

McKenzie out for the rest of the season by the way.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the Saints all year it seems like with all the new faces and injures. The team really has not had a chance to gell together. It sucks that the Saints caught the injury bug, because I was really pulling for them. Look at the bright side though, if you finish worst this year. Next year you will be first. It was good to see Brees to get on Shockey for not being where he was supposed to be, and dropping the pass.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Saints need to get that secondary fixed fast. I still think we should have gone after D.Hall

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I really think we could use hall although i usually dont like that kinda characters but with porter injured en mckenzie out for a while prolly we just need al the help we can get. For those who are better familiar with contract lengths, are there any good left tackles hitting free agency, I'd really like to move brown to the right and have a good LT. (I know the odds are slim)
Jordan Gross, LT, Carolina Panthers will be a FA this year.

Other notable OL are Stacy Andrews, Jordan Black, and Vernon Carey.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Gross more suited for the right side though?

Did Jason Peters sign an extension or is he gonna be a FA too?

Who Dat Nation!
Old 11-12-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Isn't Gross more suited for the right side though?

Did Jason Peters sign an extension or is he gonna be a FA too?
He signed a 5 year extension in 2006.

And no, Jordan Gross is definitely a LT.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-12-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Idk, thought I heard somewhere that he did better when he was on the right side. Either way, it's an improvement over Stinch.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 11-12-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I honoustly think brown is a great RT but he isnt able to stop great quick athletic pass rushers good enough, he was in trouble against peppers an again against abraham and I probably missed a couple. He still is one of our better linemen but I'd rather see someone else do the blind side whilst he'd own at RT, besides that stinch isnt much good. Where can you find a overview of which players are becomning free agents btw?

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-12-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I feel bad for the Saints with all their injuries, but come this year's draft I'm going to be wanting to kill them with their top 15 pick (for a team that has the talent to be picking in the 20s) it's really going to hurt me to see them be able to get the caliber of player they will be able to pick up in the first round. Injuries have really limited the Saints this year. Payton seems like he's only getting these guys ready every other week, and I figured with a bye week he'd have a had a much better gameplan coming into the game. Guess he couldn't do anything to overcome the injuries and the lack of talent on Defense.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:02 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I'm in Baton Rouge.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-16-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live in California. I'm from Texas, though.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

rotterdam, the netherlands, not really in "da boot" whatever that is.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-19-2008, 03:37 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Saints place RB Aaron Stecker on IR, sign RB Mike Bell
Posted by Mike Triplett
The Times-Picayune
November 18, 2008 6:21PM

The Saints placed tailback Aaron Stecker on injured reserve Tuesday after he aggravated his lingering hamsting injury in Sunday's 30-20 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. They replaced him with free agent tailback Mike Bell, a 6-foot, 225-pounder who spent the past two seasons with the Denver Broncos.

Stecker's injury was expected to need four to six weeks to heal, according to his agent Ronald Slavin. With only six weeks remaining in the season, the Saints needed the roster spot.

Bell, 25, had a breakout rookie season with the Broncos in 2006 after signing as an undrafted free agent out of Arizona. But he played only sparingly last year and did not catch on with a team this season after a brief cameo with the Houston Texans in training camp. His agent Steven Feldman confirmed the signing.

Bell (6 feet, 225 pounds) ran for 677 yards and eight touchdowns as a rookie and just three yards on six attempts last year. With his size, he could possibly be a candidate to line up at fullback, as well, while the Saints are playing without a healthy fullback on the roster.

Stecker, 33, is a free agent after this season after he signed a one-year deal to remain in New Orleans this past spring. The valuable utility man has been with the Saints for five years after spending his first four seasons in Tampa Bay.

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008...ace_runni.html

Terrible signing as far as I'm concerned. Mike Bell succeeding for a while with a zone blacking system, a system we do not incorporate. The better to sign would have been Najeh Davenport, a back that can help grind it out between the tackles. Navenport was successful for a span in Pittsburgh but wore down due to the workload he was given. We have McAllister and Thomas to help spell Davenport, which would keep him fresher.

Now, we signed a back that wore down in Denver and couldn't succeed in a system that mass-produces productive RB's damn near every year.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
[b]

Now, we signed a back that wore down in Denver and couldn't succeed in a system that mass-produces productive RB's damn near every year.
Point well made.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:20 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Saints place RB Aaron Stecker on IR, sign RB Mike Bell
Posted by Mike Triplett
The Times-Picayune
November 18, 2008 6:21PM

The Saints placed tailback Aaron Stecker on injured reserve Tuesday after he aggravated his lingering hamsting injury in Sunday's 30-20 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. They replaced him with free agent tailback Mike Bell, a 6-foot, 225-pounder who spent the past two seasons with the Denver Broncos.

Stecker's injury was expected to need four to six weeks to heal, according to his agent Ronald Slavin. With only six weeks remaining in the season, the Saints needed the roster spot.

Bell, 25, had a breakout rookie season with the Broncos in 2006 after signing as an undrafted free agent out of Arizona. But he played only sparingly last year and did not catch on with a team this season after a brief cameo with the Houston Texans in training camp. His agent Steven Feldman confirmed the signing.

Bell (6 feet, 225 pounds) ran for 677 yards and eight touchdowns as a rookie and just three yards on six attempts last year. With his size, he could possibly be a candidate to line up at fullback, as well, while the Saints are playing without a healthy fullback on the roster.

Stecker, 33, is a free agent after this season after he signed a one-year deal to remain in New Orleans this past spring. The valuable utility man has been with the Saints for five years after spending his first four seasons in Tampa Bay.

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008...ace_runni.html

Terrible signing as far as I'm concerned. Mike Bell succeeding for a while with a zone blacking system, a system we do not incorporate. The better to sign would have been Najeh Davenport, a back that can help grind it out between the tackles. Navenport was successful for a span in Pittsburgh but wore down due to the workload he was given. We have McAllister and Thomas to help spell Davenport, which would keep him fresher.

I agree I dont like bell myself but I think P.Thomas can handle the load. Last time he started and got most of the reps during a game he got over 100 yards rushing and over 100 receiving. I know we just sighned like 2-3 other backs since McAllister could be out for 4 games due to the starcaps BS.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 11-19-2008, 08:24 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Here is the report with the RB's names we sighned.

Deuce McAllister facing a four-game suspension, running back Aaron Stecker has been placed on injured reserve, a league source tells us.

The Saints, we’re told, filled the spot by inking running back Darian Barnes. Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that they also have signed running back Mike Bell.

The Saints added another running back via the practice squad, inking Lavarus Giles.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 11-23-2008, 05:47 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm from Norway.

Signature made by me

2009-2010 Pick the Winners: 190-77
2010-2011 Pick the Winners: 162-105
2011-2012 Pick the Winners: 168-99
2012-2013 Pick the Winners: 171-95-1

Sveen's 2013 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:57 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Aachen , near Collogne in Germany

it seems that especially the saints have a couple of european fans
Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Why does Jason David even suit up? I know we are thin at CB but son of a ***** he sucks. We would probably do better with Devery back there damnit!

Who Dat Nation!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Why does Jason David even suit up? I know we are thin at CB but son of a ***** he sucks. We would probably do better with Devery back there damnit!
I hate to agree with you. But I do. I liked David in Indy, but he always got circulated in and out with other guys.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

He made a few plays tonight but he looked horrible on more than a few as well..

He's better than last year. Maybe he'll improve more next year and become competent.

51 points is good. Defense was better tonight. Still not good, but better.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:00 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A big thank you to New Orleans from the Vikings!
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote