Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 12-11-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
OK, I still see us trying to trade down though.
1,4,4,7 + compensatory picks. Not optimal when you look at the number of key injuries we had this year.
Which big name player did we lose this year through FA that would net us a compensatory pick?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doug Marone is expected to take the Syracuse HC job

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Which big name player did we lose this year through FA that would net us a compensatory pick?
Jeff Faine and nobody else worth mentioning
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
Jeff Faine and nobody else worth mentioning
I'm wondering what we would get for him since we didn't really sign a significant FA last year except Bobby McCray.

Didn't Jeff Faine sign the biggest contract ever for a center?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-11-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby McCray and Randall *** could potentially counter the loss of Faine.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This post was never meant to be a homer post but I really hope u guys are watching Thomas. He is legit. Today Brees is havin the worst game of his career and Pierre is carrying the team on his back. What can anybody say now? Everybody is co-signing the guy. Just admit you were wrong gaywangork. Be a man. Just admit you were wrong.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
This post was never meant to be a homer post but I really hope u guys are watching Thomas. He is legit. Today Brees is havin the worst game of his career and Pierre is carrying the team on his back. What can anybody say now? Everybody is co-signing the guy. Just admit you were wrong gaywangork. Be a man. Just admit you were wrong.
I actually like Thomas, but he had one nice run. That's it. "Carrying them on his back?" Really? First of all, they are losing. Second of all, outside of one run that had spectacular blocking, he has 14 carries for 42 yards. Woot.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I would like to see what Thomas could do, on team with a decent run blocking O-Line.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

Quote:
I'm wondering what we would get for him since we didn't really sign a significant FA last year except Bobby McCray.

Didn't Jeff Faine sign the biggest contract ever for a center?
Yeah, Faine is the highest paid Center
Old 12-11-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I actually like Thomas, but he had one nice run. That's it. "Carrying them on his back?" Really? First of all, they are losing. Second of all, outside of one run that had spectacular blocking, he has 14 carries for 42 yards. Woot.
I"m talkin bout FOOTBALL plays. Please tell me ur listening to Mark Schlereth right now. Pierre diving for the first down (got a horrible spot) was a great football play. The dude is a player. His touchdown run was not great blocking, it was GOOD blocking an a very good cut by pierre. He fights for extra yardage, like Marion Barber and he is a huge threat out the backfield like Brian Westbrook (although he doesn't have the top of Westbrook). He didn't have his best game but he still had 140+ total yards and 2 touchdowns against a more than capable defense. Give the dude his respect.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

The more I see him, the more impressed I am with him. Granted it's only been a couple games, but he's certainly been impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing is, I already said I like Thomas, but when you compare him to a combination of Marion Barber and Brian Westbrook you just look really,really, really stupid. He's a nice, well-rounded, runningback. He's not an elite player by any means though.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
I"m talkin bout FOOTBALL plays. Please tell me ur listening to Mark Schlereth right now. Pierre diving for the first down (got a horrible spot) was a great football play. The dude is a player. His touchdown run was not great blocking, it was GOOD blocking an a very good cut by pierre. He fights for extra yardage, like Marion Barber and he is a huge threat out the backfield like Brian Westbrook (although he doesn't have the top of Westbrook). He didn't have his best game but he still had 140+ total yards and 2 touchdowns against a more than capable defense. Give the dude his respect.
Brian Westbrook and Marion Barber???? uhhh not so fast there. He's a good spark, but he's no where near their level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think of Ryan Grant when I see him.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I think of Ryan Grant when I see him.
Ryan Grant runs with more power, and Thomas is probably a better pass-catcher.

Well....2007 Ryan Grant. I haven't seen as much burst from him this year.

Honestly I think Pierre Thomas is a slightly softer version of Matt Forte. He's a good back to have on your team, and a serviceable #1.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

PT plays with a lot of heart, has a decent burst, has soft hands, can power his way forward at times, and does and admirable job at blocking but he can't be relied upon continually to grind out the tough yards. He's basically a jack of all trades/master of none type of player. He's a serviceable #1 as bf_51 pointed out but he's needs those complimentary backs that will make him look better. Reggie Bush can be that type of back but we need a bruiser to bring in on those tough 3rd and 1 situations.

I've liked PT for a while and wanted him to be the featured back last year and have been louder in my advocacy for that this year. He won't ever be an All-Pro and probably won't ever make a Pro-Bowl but he's the type of player that every team needs and gives 110% every time he's on the field.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-12-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the hell did this bastard choose tonight to go off? He couldn't wait until next week when I'm not playing him in the semi-finals of my fantasy league? ****.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

With Doug Marrone leaving for the Syracuse job, I'd like for Stan Brock to take over as our OC. I know he won't call any plays since that is what Sean Payton does but Brock could be our new OL coach.

Here's Brock's background:

Offensive Tackle - 1980-1992 - New Orleans Saints
Offensive Tackle - 1993-1995 - San Diego Chargers
Head Coach - Portland Forest Dragons (AFL) - 1997-1999
Head Coach - Los Angeles Avengers (AFL) - 2000-2001
Offensive Line Coach - USMA Black Knights - 2002-2005
Head Coach - USMA Black Knights - 2005-2008

I think he'd be a very good replacement for Marrone.

Also, do you guys think we should replace our Special Teams Coordinator? Our ST has been terrible this year.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-13-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder what the trade value for John Stinchcomb would be? Anybody?
Two bags of Blazin Buffalo and ranch doritos. The large bags, not the 99 cent ones.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:32 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

A bit off topic a bit but there is a player I've had my eye on since the 2006 draft that I would love to see in the black and gold is Jon Alston.

I remember when the '06 draft rolled around I was looking at the linebacker from Stanford as a strong safety. He has prototypical height and weight (6'1, 220) and possesses outstanding speed for a man his size (4.45-4.50). After reading several interviews he has struck as a man of intelligence and dedication. In the correct scheme I think he could be a terror in the SS spot, someone like Troy Polamalu. A person you could scheme around and make the focal point of your defense. A headhunter if you will.

If he could be paired with a speedy, centerfield type FS I think he could do wonders. I'm sure I'm wishing in one hand here but I'd love to see what he could do. He just reminds me of a faster version of Sammy Knight.

http://web.archive.org/web/200604230...jonalston.html

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 12-14-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

What do you guys think of the idea of us trading one our starting DE's in the offseason?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-14-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What do you guys think of the idea of us trading one our starting DE's in the offseason?
Obviously it depends on what we can get but if i had to chose charles grant due to age and stuff, but im not really up to it unless we can get something great and i dont see any of them warranting a first rounder.

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:33 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Grant would be the one I would trade off. I still think we need to get off our butts and spend some cash on a SS or FS. We have no speed nor do we have any heavy hitters. There is nothing to worry about when game planing against our S's.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

So what do you guys think of Vilma. To sign or not to sign?

I really like Vilma and think he has been a big part of our D. It would be stupid not to sign Vilma. I dont care what we lose he is young and is a great player and leader that will only get better.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
So what do you guys think of Vilma. To sign or not to sign?

I really like Vilma and think he has been a big part of our D. It would be stupid not to sign Vilma. I dont care what we lose he is young and is a great player and leader that will only get better.
I have a feeling that we have a deal already in place for him and the only reason we're letting him hit FA is just so we don't have to give up the draft picks.

I am confident that we will re-sign him.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter