Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 12-11-2006, 02:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
*chestbumps dia* And you picked against us. ALWAYS BELIEVE!
Yeah, I feel like a schmuk because of it, but like I've said before it feels great to be wrong.
How does that crow taste?

When our offense is clicking and we don't turn the ball over, nobody can beat us. NOBODY.
Come to Chicago in the winter partner. Your fun-and-gun offense will be limited to three yards and a cloud of snow.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:34 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I feel like a schmuk because of it, but like I've said before it feels great to be wrong.

When our offense is clicking and we don't turn the ball over, nobody can beat us. NOBODY.
Come to Chicago in the winter partner. Your fun-and-gun offense will be limited to three yards and a cloud of snow.
Doubt it.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Doubt it.
Saints beat one good team and all of the sudden they are saucy.

I like it.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Doubt it.

I like it.
We play the schedule that we're given. And don't even act like the Bears have more than 1 win (Seattle) against good teams.

Let it be known that I never said that the Saints would beat Chicago. I said when our offense is clicking and we don't turn the ball over, nobody can beat us, period. Including Chicago.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-11-2006, 03:50 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Doubt it.

I like it.
You aren't allowed to talk smack about the Bears after what Smith did to them.

I would rather have the Saints team with a great QB and his arsenal than I would have Grossman.

Defense is important, but great QB play is better.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Doubt it.

I like it.
You aren't allowed to talk smack about the Bears after what Smith did to them.

I would rather have the Saints team with a great QB and his arsenal than I would have Grossman.

Defense is important, but great QB play is better.
Exactly. outside of a division loss, three of our losses have come against AFC North teams, whereas the Bears losses have come to AFC East teams. Not to mention the fact that the Bears schedule was a cake walk when considering the Saints schedule. The Saints have beat four teams with winning records, and a few who are on the verge, while the Bears have beaten 3 teams with a winning record, and several who are on the verge.

Saints fans can talk smack because we haven't been able to feel like this about our team since 2000 and even this feeling here is a different feeling now because our coach inspires confidence and our QB play is different, hell, our whole team is different.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

I get the feeling that people are quick to discredit the Saints based on their history. This is a completely different team, and it's GOOD. Like, best team in the NFC good.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-11-2006, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, if the Giants don't make the playoffs or lose in the playoffs, Im rooting for the Saints to win it all.

Its been far too long, Saints fans deserve it.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:26 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Guys, if the Giants don't make the playoffs or lose in the playoffs, Im rooting for the Saints to win it all.

Its been far too long, Saints fans deserve it.
Thanks bro.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-11-2006, 04:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finish the sentence:

The New Orleans Saints will score __________ (More/Less) than 80 points against the Redskins.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas, Chicago, and New Orleans are still the class of the NFC and then everyone else comes in. We'll see come playoff time who's for real and who's not.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Finish the sentence:

The New Orleans Saints will score __________ (More/Less) than 80 points against the Redskins.
The Saints will score Less than 80 points because Sean Payton is happy with a comfortable lead.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-11-2006, 06:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Dallas, Chicago, and New Orleans are still the class of the NFC and then everyone else comes in. We'll see come playoff time who's for real and who's not.
Exactly, and I can't wait. I'm ready to see what we can do in the playoffs and hopefully we don't get bounced too quickly, like we have been prone to do in the past.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-11-2006, 06:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I never said that the Saints weren't allowed to be excited. I meant it, I like Saints fans talking trash. Good for you, it's fun.

But........

I would take a good defense over a good offense any day of the week. Pat yourselfs on the back all you want, but if we can get healthy on defense (ie: if Tommie Harris isn't done for the year, which is a BIG if) no offense but the Saints don't seem as much of a threat to me as the Cowboys and the Seahawks do. Just a personel reflection.

And both teams have had a cakewalk schedule. Don't kid yourselves. You've beaten the Cowboys and nobody else of worth. Don't kid yourself into thinking the Falcons or Eagles are worth a ****. That kind of talk makes you look like Saints fans of last year, not this year.

As for being the best team in the NFC, of course you are. Just ask Sean Salisbury and the rest of the talking heads at ESPN. They haven't been wrong since last week when Tony Romo and the Cowboys were the best team in the NFC.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:45 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys played a great game. Definately getting a lot of respect from me. I'm just here to eat crow for the Henderson bet. Congrats.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:25 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
I never said that the Saints weren't allowed to be excited. I meant it, I like Saints fans talking trash. Good for you, it's fun.

But........

I would take a good defense over a good offense any day of the week. Pat yourselfs on the back all you want, but if we can get healthy on defense (ie: if Tommie Harris isn't done for the year, which is a BIG if) no offense but the Saints don't seem as much of a threat to me as the Cowboys and the Seahawks do. Just a personel reflection.

And both teams have had a cakewalk schedule. Don't kid yourselves. You've beaten the Cowboys and nobody else of worth. Don't kid yourself into thinking the Falcons or Eagles are worth a ***********. That kind of talk makes you look like Saints fans of last year, not this year.

As for being the best team in the NFC, of course you are. Just ask Sean Salisbury and the rest of the talking heads at ESPN. They haven't been wrong since last week when Tony Romo and the Cowboys were the best team in the NFC.
Sean Salisbury is worthless. The only opinion I care about on ESPN is Jaws cuz he actually knows what he's talking about.

The Bears have a great defense but their D has taken a hit now that Tommie Harris is out for the year.

The Bears play the Viqueesn, the Lion cubs, and the Fudge packers. We play the Panthers, G-Men, and 'Skins. How are both of our schedules a cake walk? The Saints have by far the hardest schedule when compared to yours.

We can say we beat good teams cuz who would have seen the Saints doing this kind of stuff this season? Did you, Jim Rome? I don't think so. The Saints were overlooked and now we're a contender and a Bears fan is going to tell us that we can't have our time in the sun? Bite me. Your schedule has been far easier than ours, with a tremendous D that you guys have had for years. We have a team with 34 players on it that weren't on the team last year. You make it seem like the Saints and Bears are on even playing fields. Stop trying to downplay the Bears and own up to the fact that the Bears have been underachieving because Grossman is a featherweight as a QB, the Panthers burn you guys in the playoffs, and you got pwned by the Dolphins. We got beat by the defending Super Bowl champs who are making a run now, a Ravens team who is kicking ass in their division, a Bengals team who is looking red hot ,and a Panthers team who is a division rival. Yeah, Saints fans are allowed to talk smack but you give us every reason in the book why the Bears are better and basically tell us why we can't. Give it up, dude. Saints fans can talk smack cuz we have never been this good, have never had the kind of attitude we've been playing with, have never had this kind of hope in our team, have never had a feeling of faith in being able to believe our team can win every game we play and are disappointed that we actually lost, and that we are actually competitors. Stop trying to make the Bears out to be a martyr. Saints fans have been martyrs in the past and no matter how many losing seasons the Bears have had, the Saints have had far more.

If we meet in the playoffs we will see which team is better. My bet is on the Saints. Drew Brees has been able to do what he can agains the top defenses in the league and as this season has progressed our QB play and team chemistry has gotten better. Grossman's has gotten worse. This game against the Rams is a fluke as far as I'm concerned until he can prove he can have this kind of game against good teams, and we won't know that until the playoffs.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-12-2006, 05:26 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
You guys played a great game. Definately getting a lot of respect from me. I'm just here to eat crow for the Henderson bet. Congrats.
Way to be a good sport. You mind if I save that sig for future use?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-12-2006, 05:27 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
If you want it I'll send it to you on saturday.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:33 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you want it I'll send it to you on saturday.
Awesome. Thanks.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-12-2006, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome post, dia. Completely owned.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:50 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

But........

And both teams have had a cakewalk schedule. Don't kid yourselves. You've beaten the Cowboys and nobody else of worth. Don't kid yourself into thinking the Falcons or Eagles are worth a ***********. That kind of talk makes you look like Saints fans of last year, not this year.

Sean Salisbury is worthless. The only opinion I care about on ESPN is Jaws cuz he actually knows what he's talking about.

The Bears have a great defense but their D has taken a hit now that Tommie Harris is out for the year.

The Bears play the Viqueesn, the Lion cubs, and the Fudge packers. We play the Panthers, G-Men, and 'Skins. How are both of our schedules a cake walk? The Saints have by far the hardest schedule when compared to yours.

We can say we beat good teams cuz who would have seen the Saints doing this kind of stuff this season? Did you, Jim Rome? I don't think so. The Saints were overlooked and now we're a contender and a Bears fan is going to tell us that we can't have our time in the sun? Bite me. Your schedule has been far easier than ours, with a tremendous D that you guys have had for years. We have a team with 34 players on it that weren't on the team last year. You make it seem like the Saints and Bears are on even playing fields. Stop trying to downplay the Bears and own up to the fact that the Bears have been underachieving because Grossman is a featherweight as a QB, the Panthers burn you guys in the playoffs, and you got pwned by the Dolphins. We got beat by the defending Super Bowl champs who are making a run now, a Ravens team who is kicking ass in their division, a Bengals team who is looking red hot ,and a Panthers team who is a division rival. Yeah, Saints fans are allowed to talk smack but you give us every reason in the book why the Bears are better and basically tell us why we can't. Give it up, dude. Saints fans can talk smack cuz we have never been this good, have never had the kind of attitude we've been playing with, have never had this kind of hope in our team, have never had a feeling of faith in being able to believe our team can win every game we play and are disappointed that we actually lost, and that we are actually competitors. Stop trying to make the Bears out to be a martyr. Saints fans have been martyrs in the past and no matter how many losing seasons the Bears have had, the Saints have had far more.

If we meet in the playoffs we will see which team is better. My bet is on the Saints. Drew Brees has been able to do what he can agains the top defenses in the league and as this season has progressed our QB play and team chemistry has gotten better. Grossman's has gotten worse. This game against the Rams is a fluke as far as I'm concerned until he can prove he can have this kind of game against good teams, and we won't know that until the playoffs.
Niiiiiiice. 8)

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-12-2006, 08:55 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:

But........

So you've lost to more good teams, and that means what exactely? I'm missing the point. Find me more than one good team that you've beaten, or your point makes no sense. And no, the Falcons and the Eagles dont' count.

The NFC South nothing. What an insanely overated division. The Bucs are up for grabs for the worst team in the NFL, the Panthers are sub .500, the Falcons just plain suck. The Saints are the only good team. In fact, we swept the NFC South just last year. Yeah we lost in the playoffs, but even 4-1 is pretty dominant.

I'm not arguing that you can't be excited or talk trash. Like I said, I encourage it. But you're going to get a response when you say "nobody can stop our offense". Horseshit. You know who can stop your offense? Well you can start with the 4 teams that beat you.

I'm sure you would think the Saints could beat us. Maybe you're right. But just because you're 9-4 doesn't mean you can whip your dick around an nobody can argue with you. I don't care if you're "America's Team" this year or not.

And if you actually think I'm Jim Rome, we should end this debate, and I can introduce you to a nice man in a lab coat to have a "chat".

Old 12-12-2006, 09:36 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not arguing that you can't be excited or talk trash. Like I said, I encourage it. But you're going to get a response when you say "nobody can stop our offense". Horseshit. You know who can stop your offense? Well you can start with the 4 teams that beat you.
:roll:

The teams that beat us couldn't stop us from moving the ball. We put up 407 yards on Carolina, 403 on Baltimore, 517 on Pittsburgh, and 595 on Cincinnati. You're forgetting the second part of my statement, which is if our offense is clicking and we don't turn the ball over, nobody can beat us.

Carolina was the only team that beat us straight up; in every other loss we gave the game to the other team with an excess of turnovers. Not that it matters because a loss is a loss, I'm just saying.

Get that BS out of here.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-12-2006, 02:25 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears are not as great a defensive team as you apparently think they are.

Tom Brady did fine against them, Drew Bree's is the same level QB. Combine that with McAlister and Bush, and than throw in a 5 wide, the Saints can go against anyone.

Basically, you got owned in this thread because all you do is spout off about how great the Bears are, or how great this player is, when the Bears haven't really done much.

The Bears are just a worse version of the 05 Steelers.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
The Bears are not as great a defensive team as you apparently think they are.

Tom Brady did fine against them, Drew Bree's is the same level QB. Combine that with McAlister and Bush, and than throw in a 5 wide, the Saints can go against anyone.

Basically, you got owned in this thread because all you do is spout off about how great the Bears are, or how great this player is, when the Bears haven't really done much.

The Bears are just a worse version of the 05 Steelers.
The Bears aren't that great, but they're better than the Saints. The Patriots also have a defense, big difference. Not to mention that we played that game on the road in the regular season, turned the ball over I don't even know how many times, and still only lost by 4 points.

And the '05 Steelers would beat this Saints team any day of the week. The Saints are a fun team to watch, and I actually am rooting for them, but I find it absolutely incredible how much everyone has completely jumped off the Tony Romo hype train and onto the Saints hype train. Since when did they become the favorites in the NFC? Outside of the Grossman argument (which does have some validity I'll admit) it makes no sense to me why we aren't still the favorites, if for no other reason than the field is so terrible. I actually think next to the Bears, the Cowboys, Seahawks, or Giants all have better shots at beating us in Chicago out of the NFC because when they are on they have the ability to both run and shut down the run, something the Saints do not. They beat the Cowboys because they completely abandoned even trying to run the football for reasons that are well beyond me.

The Saints game in New York should be a good barometer at how well they can play on the road in a harsh enviroment and run the ball. If they win that game then I'll give them more credence.