Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 05-04-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We forgot Remi Ayodele.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
We forgot Remi Ayodele.
Oh yeah.... Championship

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints are discussing Edge.

I'd love to bring him in, I think his more vocal nature than Deuce would go a long way with helping our young gun RBs. He's a very fundamentally sound, smart, and technical player, I'd love Reggie and Pierre to learn from him.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Saints are discussing Edge.

I'd love to bring him in, I think his more vocal nature than Deuce would go a long way with helping our young gun RBs. He's a very fundamentally sound, smart, and technical player, I'd love Reggie and Pierre to learn from him.
I like him but I dont want to bring him in just to cry all year because he is not getting the touches he thinks he should.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont really like another ego on offense. We already have enough guys to keep happy. Besides that, outside of experience, I dont think he will bring much extra.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I totally understand those concerns (SFFL and wicket) and agree with it, but at this point in his career, I would think perhaps he would understand what his role was to be.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I think if Edge comes here, he knows the expectations...
Old 05-08-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saints | Young to change positions
Comment (0) Thu, 07 May 2009 13:38:48 -0700
Brian Allee-Walsh, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports the New Orleans Saints will move CB Usama Young from cornerback to free-safety. Young said he welcomes the change.
Per KFFL, sorry if it has been posted I didn't see it. So Malcolm Jenkins is playing corner for sure I guess, I wasn't sure if he was playing FS or corner but that answers my question.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I'm actually liking the looks of our defensive secondary.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Per KFFL, sorry if it has been posted I didn't see it. So Malcolm Jenkins is playing corner for sure I guess, I wasn't sure if he was playing FS or corner but that answers my question.
I read that on another site a couple weeks ago. I think it's a good change for him and think his skill set suits FS more than CB. I'm just wondering how long we're going to take to develop him...

Going into this season, I think he's going to be one of the backups and a ST'er but next year will fight for a starting spot at FS. All of this is depending on how he progresses, though. If he reaches his potential, though, we could have our starting safeties being Usama Young at FS and Chip Vaughn at SS, which is really good.

I like the idea of Jenkins playing CB. Him and Tracy Porter will make a nice, young duo and Greer and Gay add great depth.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-08-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea of usama young moving to FS.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I like Young at FS we need the Speed and cover skills back there.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 05-08-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Really good articles on undrafted free agent running backs P.J. Hill and Herb Donaldson

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2009...ccep.html#more

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2009...eams.html#more

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2009..._bid.html#more

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-11-2009, 08:18 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I like Donaldson's chances more then Hill. Don't get me wrong, I think Hill is the better talent, I just don't think a guy who had DUI issues will do well in New Orleans. It's not fair to to him. Also the end of that 2nd link had some good news

Quote:
NOTES: As of today, the Saints are $4,495,636 under the salary cap after terminating the contracts of veteran defensive linemen Brian Young and Hollis Thomas last week. Each was waived/failed physical.
That gives us some wiggle room if we want to go out and add some people.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Arti...l%20Brown.aspx

Saints Sign OT Michael Brown

NewOrleansSaints.com
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 4:30 PM

New Orleans Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis announced Wednesday the team has signed rookie free agent offensive tackle Michael Brown and waived wide receiver Chris Vaughn.

Brown started for two seasons at Mississippi State after transferring to Starkville from the University of Florida. In two years with the Bulldogs, the College Park, Ga. native started at left tackle in 18 of the 19 games he played. He was named honorable mention All-Southeastern Conference in 2007. The 6-5, 300-pound lineman participated in last weekend’s rookie minicamp on a tryout basis.

Vaughn had signed with the Saints as an undrafted rookie free agent earlier this month

Old 05-20-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Arti...20XLVII.asp x

Super Bowl anyone?

Old 05-21-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Love it. I'm going if I'm in town.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-22-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Now I really hope the Mayans are wrong!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Morgan is coming out of retirement to play for the Saints this year. If he's healthy it could be a huge addition to the defense
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Didn't he do that like 3 months ago?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:31 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but with him it's never real unless you see him on the field.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yea he did that a long time ago. He seems to be doing good and ready to move to the outside position where he will not be taking blockers head on. The Saints seem to be happy with there LB's. If he stays healthy he could do great.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 06-08-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Drew Rosenhaus LB Dan Morgan will retire again and this time it's final.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Seriously, the Panthers are paying him to do that **** to make us not sign LBs.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Well, the bright side is we are not loosing anything in regards to performance. It's not like he played last year.