Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 10-23-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Pierre because of how he compliments Bush. He isn't afraid to go slamming through the 2 hole on a dive play, where as Reggie would prefer to bounce it to the outside.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Pierre Thomas because he is quite good at the game of football.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Pierre Thomas because he's my boo.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like pierre cuz he is a good football player, but seriously, I love tough runners that have enough speed to take it to the house

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Evans is out for the season. We signed Kyle Eckel to a contract today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4605848

Old 10-29-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Evans is out for the season. We signed Kyle Eckel to a contract today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4605848
I was just about to post this.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-29-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

This is a blow. Evens was doing great at blocking and catching the ball.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i dont like this at all

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 10-29-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heath Evans loss is a HUGE blow... he really was a big part in our improved running game this season. A very intelligent lead blocker, and he also came up big in the passing game many times this season. He was such a reliable check down target for Drew.. and he had the ability the generate yards after the catch from the Fullback spot which is rare.

Kyle Eckel replaces him, he can be a stop gap but eh it's going to take him sometime to get accustomed into this Offense.

Figures that when I saw both Heath Evans, and Sedrick Ellis' injuries on TV.. I thought Ellis' would be the more serious of the two... and Evans was going to be a minor one... and it ends up being the reverse situation and it looks like Ellis may be able to return during the season.

Last edited by Auron : 10-29-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Heath Evans loss is a HUGE blow... he really was a big part in our improved running game this season. A very intelligent lead blocker, and he also came up big in the passing game many times this season. He was such a reliable check down target for Drew.. and he had the ability the generate yards after the catch from the Fullback spot which is rare.

Kyle Eckel replaces him, he can be a stop gap but eh it's going to take him sometime to get accustomed into this Offense.

Figures that when I saw both Heath Evans, and Sedrick Ellis' injuries on TV.. I thought Ellis' would be the more serious of the two... and Evans was going to be a minor one... and it ends up being the reverse situation and it looks like Ellis may be able to return during the season.
I didn't know Ellis was out, both of those are big losses for the Saints. I'm sorry to hear that and I hope both have a speedy recovery and come back 100%.
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well 7-0 and the Saints have matched their best start in franchise history. While I am definitely proud of what this team has accomplished up to this point, I don't think for a second that this team is invincible.. Actually for the past 2 weeks they've shown some weaknesses that can hurt us down the road if not corrected.

We've been having issues stopping the run lately... it first started to show in the Miami game, but it really stood out when Turner had his big time game on Monday Night. A lot of guys were taking really poor angles. (Sharper was one which surprised me) and also I thought the Tackling efforts could've been much improved.. even when it appeared we would have Turner stopped for a short gain he would keep grinding and slipping tackles to get extra yards against us. I thought overall our Defense probably underestimated Turner's speed, and crashed hard inside... and he was able to bounce a lot of his runs outside and take advantage of the poor angles from the 2nd, and 3rd lines of Defense. Obviously we are missing guys like Ellis, and Fujita who are some of our best run Defenders... but even without those guys taking poor angles, and bad fundamental tackling technique is something that needs to be corrected.

Another concern is lately we haven't been taking very good care of the Football on Offense. 8 Turnovers in the past 2 games.. Thankfully we were able to overcome those, but if you keep Turning the ball over like that in this league it's going to come back to bite you.

These are not good issues to have going into a short week facing a team like Carolina.. who are a tough Divisional opponent who have an excellent running game, and take advantage of Turnover opportunities. I have some intriguing thoughts on the Carolina game, and I am looking forward to it... but the issues above need to be addressed if the Saints are to continue being undefeated.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Per Adam Schefter twitter - Multiple reports say Saints CB Tracy Porter has a torn ACL. A Saints official said he was uncertain -- more tests

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-15-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huge f'n blow.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:03 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

this is terrible news, something we def. couldnt use

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-16-2009, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time for Jenkins to step up.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

When I saw the injury and Porter's reaction afterwards I had a feeling it was season ending just the way he held his head down riding out on the cart.

With him gone that significantly weakens the Secondary, I agree Jenkins needs to get more time... but he is definitely not ready to be a full time starter just yet.. The times he's in the game his coverage looks shaky at best... I guess that means Randall *** will start.. and he had a really poor performance in St.Louis.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:14 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Time for Jenkins to step up.
I agree, we didn't make him a first round pick for nothing. Time for him to put on his big boy pants and play ball.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:47 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Reggie finally put on those big boy pants. He had a hell of a game, maybe it was his breakout performance that we all hoped he was capable of. I know the Rams defense isn't amazing but they aren't the worst either. Idk, he just seems to be playing with passion now, big change in my eyes.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

I'm reading and hearing now that Porter did not Tear his ACL but has a severe MCL Sprain... might be out up to 6 weeks, but there is a chance he will be back this season.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
I'm reading and hearing now that Porter did not Tear his ACL but has a severe MCL Sprain... might be out up to 6 weeks, but there is a chance he will be back this season.
Yep, premature reports. This is great news and hopefully Porter will be back for the playoffs.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does any other Saints fan want the Saints to lose, because i have this weird theory that we need to lose. I think the loss would bring us back down to earth, and get the thoughts of " we be awesome" out of the players minds. Yeah i know some of you are like " this dude is whacked out his gourd" well that may be true but i think i loss could help us. Brees is becoming cocky in the passing, imo, and that is leading to mass TOs. Crap like that continues and we won't be going no where in the playoffs.

Yeah i get we are winning and we are finding ways to beat the odds and all that but we need that down to earth moment. Honestly i would prefer they lose to the Bucs because i have this gut feeling that if we go into the New England game playing like we played against the past 3 teams, they are gonna chew our asses off, and maybe blow us away.

I know it doesn't seem like i have much hope in the Saints right now, but thats not the case. I just think the team is letting the winning get to their heads and not really focusing.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
Does any other Saints fan want the Saints to lose, because i have this weird theory that we need to lose. I think the loss would bring us back down to earth, and get the thoughts of " we be awesome" out of the players minds. Yeah i know some of you are like " this dude is whacked out his gourd" well that may be true but i think i loss could help us. Brees is becoming cocky in the passing, imo, and that is leading to mass TOs. Crap like that continues and we won't be going no where in the playoffs.

Yeah i get we are winning and we are finding ways to beat the odds and all that but we need that down to earth moment. Honestly i would prefer they lose to the Bucs because i have this gut feeling that if we go into the New England game playing like we played against the past 3 teams, they are gonna chew our asses off, and maybe blow us away.

I know it doesn't seem like i have much hope in the Saints right now, but thats not the case. I just think the team is letting the winning get to their heads and not really focusing.
Well if we keep Turning the ball over 3+ times per game we will eventually lose no doubt about that. I do think you're partially off base though... I don't think most of Brees recent interceptions have been the result of cockiness I mean the first one was a hot read throw to Shockey off a blitz and the ball took an unfortunate tip up in the air... Brees made the right read, the Linebacker just made a good play by disrupting the timing of the play. The 2nd one I can't really comment on because I'm not sure what happened there... it could have been mis-communication, the ball might have sailed out of Brees' hands awkwardly causing it to go higher then anticipated.

I certainly don't think Brees is going into these games going "I'm going to stick every throw in there I don't care what the coverage is." He's not looking like Cutler as of late for sure.. and in the NFL there's going to be Interceptions there's no way around it... even Manning, and Brady throw 'em.. they had some last night. Sometimes Defenders make good plays as they are paid to do. Take in the Atlanta game for instance Brees puts the ball almost exactly where he wants to dropping it in S/CB zone along the sideline and Brent Grimes leaps out of the building to make a play of the season type Interception... nothing much Brees could've done about that. You can't play scared in this league.. and be gunshy... but you definitely have to take care of the ball and be smart about your shots. (and I believe 95% of the time Brees does that)

In the End I do think we'll lose a game or two this season... it's bound to happen. Either the New England, Dallas, or Road Atlanta game... those are all flashing up on the Radar as danger games. I think it's unlikely we run the table with those 3 games.... if we play our best football maybe. I just want to get our Defense starters healthy, clean up some of the mistakes, and get into the playoffs on a hot streak.

I think those are the Key points, if we can get on a roll late in the season.. and finish strong I'm liking the Saints chances.. especially if they can get Porter back for the playoffs.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I understand what you are saying NOLAfan. I personally don't think you HAVE to lose to get brought back to reality, it is usually what happens though. That act of getting abck to playing better then we have been as of late needs to obviously happen before the play-offs. I think the fact that the team composition is what it is will help to keep us level headed during that play-off run however.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Good News

Porters injury is not an ACL, he sprained his MCL but should be back before the end of the regular season. Best indication is six weeks that would get him ready for the playoffs is the saints get there.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ceive_goo.html

Great news imo, Id love to start the playoffs with our secondary back in full capacity.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-17-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Saints sign Chris McAlister

Saints sign Chris McAlister

To create a spot for McAlister, the Saints cut rookie quarterback Chase Daniel.