Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 11-17-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully this guy got control of his alcohol issue, I no the reason him and Ravens grew apart was his attitude and apparently he called Harbuagh a cracker to his face. Anyway I am rooting for the saints in the NFC so I wish him the best.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints signed veteran Free Agent CB Chris McAlister. Link

Quote:
Pat Yasinskas, of ESPN.com, reports the New Orleans Saints have signed free-agent CB Chris McAlister (Ravens). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
This tells me the Coaching staff was not comfortable with the CB situation with Tracy Porter being out. We'll see how much McAlister has left in the tank, hopefully he has been keeping himself in good shape... I think it might take him a few games before he's back to game speed, but he's a veteran guy who knows how to play the position, so if he has retained even half of his ability from years prior I believe he should make a positive impact.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care for the Saints but C-mac is one of my favorite Ravens ever. I was pissed how we did him regardless of the situation. Even with an alcohol problem he was still better than any corner we had. He had one bad game against the colts the year he got cut but had 3 in in 4 games before that. I am happy he finally got a team.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he can get re-adjusted back to NFL game speed, and is in playing shape I'm all for this move. Obviously with the injury to Tracy Porter... we're left thin at Corner... and Randall G(a)y did not have a inspiring performance vs. the Rams.

It's possible G(a)y will still start, and we'll slowly work in McAlister in the Nickel, Dime packages... as he gets up to speed. It will be interesting to see if Greg Williams switches to more Zone coverage now... he was very aggressive with his pressure fronts because Greer/Porter were playing so well by themselves... now Greer is banged up, and Porter is out for a while..
Old 11-17-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the move I would have thought he would of had a team sooner I mean Ty Law being picked up before C-Mac is crazy.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I like the move I would have thought he would of had a team sooner I mean Ty Law being picked up before C-Mac is crazy.
Well we took a chance on Sharper when most people thought he had nothing left in the tank, and he's proving he still has some left. So hopefully C-Mac can make the most in Greg Williams' system... I believe we'll put him in a position to succeed it's just a matter of how fast he can get back up to speed and be "Game ready".
Old 11-17-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really love this signing. I thought he would have been signed during FA this year but was wrong. I wonder what this says about Malcom Jenkins, though...

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think you can read that much into Jenkins about the signing to be honest with you. If anything, this will give us a pretty damn good set of CBs in the playoffs if everyone is healthy. Greer/Porter/McAlister/Jenkins/***.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:46 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Saints signed veteran Free Agent CB Chris McAlister. Link

This tells me the Coaching staff was not comfortable with the CB situation with Tracy Porter being out. We'll see how much McAlister has left in the tank, hopefully he has been keeping himself in good shape... I think it might take him a few games before he's back to game speed, but he's a veteran guy who knows how to play the position, so if he has retained even half of his ability from years prior I believe he should make a positive impact.
Even with adding him im still not to happy with the CB situation. Porter was out speed guy. Such a crapy way to get hurt. Hope he is back very soon.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/17/sain...out-4-6-weeks/

Darren Sharper is likely to play with Sed Ellis being possible and Jabari Greer is out.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-18-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/17/sain...out-4-6-weeks/

Darren Sharper is likely to play with Sed Ellis being possible and Jabari Greer is out.
Sharper is a must and getting Ellis back would be amazing.

What exactly is wrong with Greer? I don't remember what happened to him.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
Sharper is a must and getting Ellis back would be amazing.

What exactly is wrong with Greer? I don't remember what happened to him.
Stained groin chasing down an incomplete deep ball in the Carolina game... It must be a little more tweaked than most thought I was almost sure he'd be back for this Tampa game.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know how close we are to locking up the division?
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
a win against the falcons in two weeks(regardless of what happens next week) or a win next week combined with a falcons loss will do

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Per Adam Schefter, the Saints are planning to re-sign veteran CB Mike McKenzie.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-23-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

I believe Saints win + Falcons loss would clinch the Division.

heard about the McKenzie signing... good to see a veteran guy who spent all those years with us back... but is he healthy, in shape enough to contribute? Just like with McAlister hopefully he can get up to speed quick enough.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Saints win ATL loss or tie. Or ATL loss and Saints Tie.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the playoff standings if the Saints lose tomorrow? Do you still have the top spot or does that go to the Vikes?
Old 12-01-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-01-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!?!?
Very nice pic man
Old 12-01-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Where's the Bucs helmet in that pic?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
What are the playoff standings if the Saints lose tomorrow? Do you still have the top spot or does that go to the Vikes?
since the vikings lost ooc and the saints do not play ooc anymore the tiebreaker would always be in favour of the vikings. So given the fact that the saints could really use the homefield advantage they have to keep playing

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
mancl
Rookie

mancl is a cocksman.mancl is a cocksman.mancl is a cocksman.
Default Jamal Brown

I am a Packer fan looking for input. Getting a starting LT is the #1 priority in the off season. The Saints are fortunate in they have a capable starter there now and Jammal Brown. The smart money is there won't be a cap this off season meaning Brown will be a RFA. Would the Saints be willing to trade Brown or the other guy? What do you think they'd want in return?

I am assuming Brown should be healthy- is that a safe assumption?

Thanks
mancl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Well I read somewhere (I think from Jeff Duncan) that the hip surgery has helped, and that he's feeling good and ready to return next year. I would be slightly cautious because even before this Hip issue, Jammal is someone with some injury concerns I believe he has a chronic condition with his Knees which is just something he has to deal with...

If he's healthy though he'll still be a very solid Tackle.... the Saints might be willing to deal him simply because he'll command a decent salary and they might choose to invest that money in other positions because guys like Jermon Bushrod, and Zach Strief have done a nice job of filling in. Brown is still the better player IMO... but the drop-off isn't significant.

Wherever Brown ends up I think he'll be a very solid player for someone, he will have some mental lapses and have a few False Start penalties every now and then... but he'll hold up in Pass Protection 1-on-1 with most guys.. his only problem comes with the elite speed rushers... if someone has a blazing rush off the edge Jammal will struggle to steer them clear and he'll need some help.. otherwise he'll tend to Hold.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to keep him, I imagine our running game and pass protection would be even more potent this year with him in the lineup.

On a semi related note, anyone else think Carl Nicks would be an excellent right tackle? He has great feet and athleticism for the position, and I think we could find a stud guard late in the draft then have a dominant right tackle....

I know the coaching staff likes Stinchcomb, but thoughts?
Saints-Tigers is online now   Reply With Quote