Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 12-12-2006, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, I'm not trying to take over the Saints forum, and I apologize for doing so. This is my last post, just putting my two cents in, good luck going towards the playoffs and we'll likely see you when you get there.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:53 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
By the way, I'm not trying to take over the Saints forum, and I apologize for doing so. This is my last post, just putting my two cents in, good luck going towards the playoffs and we'll likely see you when you get there.
Translation: I can't take getting owned one more time in this thread, so I'm out.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:48 PM    (permalink
LSU Man
Rookie

LSU Man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bearsfan=OWNED

Ok now that i've gotten that laugh out. I wish people would stop saying we're a super bowl team. It jinxes us. When your a Saints fan you can't get to excited. Oh by the way Brees For President :D
Old 12-12-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Quote:
I never said that the Saints weren't allowed to be excited. I meant it, I like Saints fans talking trash. Good for you, it's fun.

But........

I would take a good defense over a good offense any day of the week. Pat yourselfs on the back all you want, but if we can get healthy on defense (ie: if Tommie Harris isn't done for the year, which is a BIG if) no offense but the Saints don't seem as much of a threat to me as the Cowboys and the Seahawks do. Just a personel reflection.

And both teams have had a cakewalk schedule. Don't kid yourselves. You've beaten the Cowboys and nobody else of worth. Don't kid yourself into thinking the Falcons or Eagles are worth a ***********. That kind of talk makes you look like Saints fans of last year, not this year.

As for being the best team in the NFC, of course you are. Just ask Sean Salisbury and the rest of the talking heads at ESPN. They haven't been wrong since last week when Tony Romo and the Cowboys were the best team in the NFC.
Sean Salisbury is worthless. The only opinion I care about on ESPN is Jaws cuz he actually knows what he's talking about.

The Bears have a great defense but their D has taken a hit now that Tommie Harris is out for the year.

The Bears play the Viqueesn, the Lion cubs, and the Fudge packers. We play the Panthers, G-Men, and 'Skins. How are both of our schedules a cake walk? The Saints have by far the hardest schedule when compared to yours.

We can say we beat good teams cuz who would have seen the Saints doing this kind of stuff this season? Did you, Jim Rome? I don't think so. The Saints were overlooked and now we're a contender and a Bears fan is going to tell us that we can't have our time in the sun? Bite me. Your schedule has been far easier than ours, with a tremendous D that you guys have had for years. We have a team with 34 players on it that weren't on the team last year. You make it seem like the Saints and Bears are on even playing fields. Stop trying to downplay the Bears and own up to the fact that the Bears have been underachieving because Grossman is a featherweight as a QB, the Panthers burn you guys in the playoffs, and you got pwned by the Dolphins. We got beat by the defending Super Bowl champs who are making a run now, a Ravens team who is kicking ass in their division, a Bengals team who is looking red hot ,and a Panthers team who is a division rival. Yeah, Saints fans are allowed to talk smack but you give us every reason in the book why the Bears are better and basically tell us why we can't. Give it up, dude. Saints fans can talk smack cuz we have never been this good, have never had the kind of attitude we've been playing with, have never had this kind of hope in our team, have never had a feeling of faith in being able to believe our team can win every game we play and are disappointed that we actually lost, and that we are actually competitors. Stop trying to make the Bears out to be a martyr. Saints fans have been martyrs in the past and no matter how many losing seasons the Bears have had, the Saints have had far more.

If we meet in the playoffs we will see which team is better. My bet is on the Saints. Drew Brees has been able to do what he can agains the top defenses in the league and as this season has progressed our QB play and team chemistry has gotten better. Grossman's has gotten worse. This game against the Rams is a fluke as far as I'm concerned until he can prove he can have this kind of game against good teams, and we won't know that until the playoffs.
So you've lost to more good teams, and that means what exactely? I'm missing the point. Find me more than one good team that you've beaten, or your point makes no sense. And no, the Falcons and the Eagles dont' count.

The NFC South nothing. What an insanely overated division. The Bucs are up for grabs for the worst team in the NFL, the Panthers are sub .500, the Falcons just plain suck. The Saints are the only good team. In fact, we swept the NFC South just last year. Yeah we lost in the playoffs, but even 4-1 is pretty dominant.

I'm not arguing that you can't be excited or talk trash. Like I said, I encourage it. But you're going to get a response when you say "nobody can stop our offense". Horseshit. You know who can stop your offense? Well you can start with the 4 teams that beat you.

I'm sure you would think the Saints could beat us. Maybe you're right. But just because you're 9-4 doesn't mean you can whip your dick around an nobody can argue with you. I don't care if you're "America's Team" this year or not.

And if you actually think I'm Jim Rome, we should end this debate, and I can introduce you to a nice man in a lab coat to have a "chat".
Here's a comparison of teams with winning records that both the Saints and Bears have won against. I'll start with the Bears first.
Seattle (8-5)
NY Giants (7-6)
NY Jets (7-6)

Here are the Saints wins against opponents with winning records:
Atlanta (7-6) Twice
Philadelphia (7-6)
Dallas (8-5)

The combined records of the remaining opponents of the Bears is 14-25.
The combined records of the remaining opponents of the Saints is 17-22.

Also take into consideration that the Bears play no team that is in playoff contention while the Saints play two teams that are, and it shows you that the Saints have the harder schedule.

You say that it doesn't count that we won against Atlanta and Philadelphia. Then I guess it doesn't count that you beat the Giants or Jets either because after all, both teams have had their problems this year much like the Falcons and Eagles, and well, I just can't give you credit for those wins based on that logic. Let's see here, Philly is still in the playoff hunt right now. When we played them both teams were 4-1 and still working through some kinks, but the Eagles at the time, had beaten more respectable teams. We played them and beat them. Atlanta has been a Saints division rival for over 30 years and to discredit a sweep over a division rival, who is in the playoff hunt as well, is just plain dumb especially when you consider that there is no love lost at all between those two teams and they would love to ruin our playoff chances.

Ok, so you ran roughshod over the NFC South last year. Congratulations. It's great that you guys also had a winning record and secured home field advantage as well, however, the NFC South sent two teams to the playoffs last year when the NFC North only sent one. It is also said that while regular season success is sweet, post season success is what matters. If my recollections serves me correct, the Panthers went to Soldier Field and won 29-21. So it was great that you swept the NFC South in the regular season but when it counted you guys dropped the ball. While we're on the topic of how "overrated" the NFC South is, let's look at the NFC North a bit. While both divisions have two teams who are clearly the class of their division right now, the rest of each division are a bit of a mixed bag.
In the NFC South you have the Atlanta Falcons who seem to have a big of an identity crisis but have still managed a 7-6 record and a still clawing for a playoff spot. Their remaining schedule is tough but it is feasible that they could still clinch a playoff berth. The next team is the Carolina Panthers who were preseason Super Bowl favorites. They have had problems this year but are still a game under .500, which isn't bad. They could still make the playoffs if they win out. That can also be said about the second best team in your division, the Minnesota Vikings. While the Vikings have a pretty good running game, their defense is suspect through the passing game and they have a 78 year old out there as QB. The next is the Packers at 5-8 with the immortable Brett Favre and a bunch of children playing next to him. The laughing stock of both of our divisions this year are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Detroit Lions. So, while you say the NFC South is overrated, they still have two teams fighting for a playoff berth and another team who is one game away from securing one, while the NFC North has one team that has already secured a berth and then one team whose outlook is bleak at best at making the playoffs.
So, if the NFC South is overrated, yet still has 3 teams in the playoff hunt and a team with the third worst record in football, while the NFC North only has 2 and a team with the worst record in the NFL, then what does that make the NFC North?

So, in conclusion, our two wins over two teams in the playoff hunt don't count but the only argument you presented was that the Eagles and Falcons "just aren't that good". Obviously they must be doing something right if they have a winning record AND are in the playoff hunt. But they don't count? Gee... That's a mystery.
The NFC South is overrated when we have a team with the second best record in the NFC, another team fighting for a playoff spot, and another team not far behind that could still make the playoffs. While the NFC North has one team that has already made the playoffs and has the best record in the NFC and another team that could still make the playoffs and that's it. So, while the NFC South has three competitive teams, the NFC North only has two and if the NFC South is overrated with three competitive teams then I don't know what that makes the NFC North? I'll let you and the readers of this figure that one out.

And by the way, I never said that "nobody could stop our offense". I dare you to try and find the paragraph that I said that because I am damn sure that I didn't. All I said was that our offense is now clicking on all cylinders and our QB can dissect any defense in the league.

Oh and you said something about us not being to stop the run. Well, let's just compare both sides of the ball as far as statistics are concerned.

Defense
The Bears have the No. 3 defense in the NFL.
The Saints have the No. 12 defense in the NFL.

The Bears allow 105 rushing yards per game.
The Saints allow 131 rushing yards per game.
So, the Bears win this category but both teams are allowing over 100 yards rushing per game.

The Bears allow 175 passing yards per game.
The Saints allow 184 passing yards per game.
The Bears win this category as well but the Saints are only allowing 9 more passing yards a game. Interesting fact there.

The Bears allow 13 points per game while the Saints allow 20. Ok, so that's a touchdown lead right there. So, while its true the Saints allow far more rushing yards per game than the Bears, by 26 yards more per game, the passing yards allowed per game are very close with the Saints only giving up 9 more yards per game than the Bears.
It's going to be hard gauging the Bears now on how many rushing yards per game that they will give up because out of their final three opponents, no team has a great rushing attack. The Bears may also be vulnerable to the run now that their run-clogging NT Tommie Harris is done for the season.

Offense
New Orleans has the No. 1 offense in the NFL.
Chicago has the No. 20 ranked offense in the NFL.

New Orleans gains 107 rushing yards per game.
Chicago gains 117 rushing yards per game.
So, Chicago rushes for 10 more yards per game than the Saints. Interesting.

New Orleans gains 303 passing yards per game.
Chicago gains 196 passing yards per game.
The Saints gain over 100 yards more per game passing than the Bears.

New Orleans averages 27 points scored per game.
Chicago averages 27 points scored per game.
The only stat that is tied.

So, while Chicago leads in every category but one, passing yards per game, one statitistic, passing yards allowed per game, is very close. The Saints give up 26 more yards rushing per game and the Bears gain 10 more yards rushing per game.
The Bears defense is ranked 9 spots ahead of the Saints while the Saints offense is ranked 19 spots ahead of the Bears. The only thing to take into consideration is the fact that Chicago's run stuffer, NT Tommie Harris, is out for the season, while New Orleans run stuffer, DT Hollis Thomas, will be back in time for the playoffs which is the only time these two teams will meet.

The stats point out that it should be a very close game.

The key to a win against the Bears is to contain the running game and let Rex Grossman beat you.
The key to a win against the Saints is to pressure Drew Brees and force him to make mistakes.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Man
Bearsfan=OWNED

Ok now that i've gotten that laugh out. I wish people would stop saying we're a super bowl team. It jinxes us. When your a Saints fan you can't get to excited. Oh by the way Brees For President :D
I don't know about you, but I've never once said the words "Saints" and "Superbowl" together. Even those years when they were doing very well (most notably 2000 and 2002, even going back to 91 and 92) it was almost like you were waiting for something to go wrong. This season is different. This team is good, and I don't think they're setting us all up for disappointment.

Saints in the Superbowl? Why not? They've got as good a chance as any other NFC team to make it.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-12-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a couple of points in response to diabsole since he took the time to write the whole thing out.

-Yards mean absolutely nothing. Nothing. Take for example the game against the Bengals (I believe it was the Bengals) where you drove the ball up and down the field only to hand the ball right over to the defense and get no points.The only stat that really matters is wins and points. Everything else is superfulous. We have a better record by 2 games even before the remaining schedule, and while your schedule is a little harder, to this point it's not much harder. We score just as many points in the Saints, be that by offense, defense, or special teams, and we allow an entire touchdown less a game. ANNNNND less we not forget, any game against the Bears will be in January in Chicago. You don't think that will have any effect on the Saints offense? This is what the whole debate was about in the first place by the way, and it wasn't involved with you

-I never said the North was good, of course it's not, but you made the point that you were winning in the South as if that was anything to give a ***** about. I will be the first to admit that our schedule is absolute cake. But here's the glitch, so is yours. So is every teams in the NFC except for the Giants. You can't use that argument against us. You can say "the Saints have by far the harder schedule when compared to us" but that's simply not true. Both teams have very easy schedules up to this point. And you can't count the final three games because you haven't won them yet. Win on the road against the Giants (like we did) and like I said, my opinion will greatly change.

-The entire original debate was that whatever his name is with way too many letters said "nobody can stop our offense if we don't turn the ball over". You all might be able to toss the ball around in the Dome. I'm very confident in saying that won't happen on the road in wintry conditions in the playoffs. The Saints are going to need to rely on the run and playing good defense if they want to win those games in the playoffs. Every other point you brought up is completely beside the fact.

And the Vikes have a better shot at making the playoffs than the Panthers, just to clarify your point.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Very Interesting article on the ways that the Saints utilize Deuce/Bush in the same backfield.

Quote:
Riddle: What has four legs, 12 fleur-de-lis and one Heisman Trophy and has accounted for 62 percent of one team's touches from scrimmage?

Answer: Unlikely backfield partners Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush.

They are the main components of the Saints' Pony package, which is unique in its scope and efficacy. "It's a great package they're running with those two," 49ers defensive coordinator Billy Davis says. "It's very challenging to defend because nobody has the combination of those two talents, and they are using those talents very effectively."

It isn't that the Saints have reinvented the wheel, but they have put some absolutely filthy chrome rims on it.

Traditionally, teams have dabbled with two halfbacks on the field at the same time but never majored in it. The Saints aren't majoring in it, either, but Pony is one of many reasons they are on the dean's list. The Saints have had Bush and McAllister on the field at the same time on 124 plays, 14 percent of their offensive snaps.

Most teams shy away from playing two halfbacks simultaneously because the second halfback essentially becomes window dressing on most plays, whereas a tight end or fullback could have a more tangible impact at the point of attack. So the issue becomes how does the halfback who doesn't get the ball positively affect the play?

The Saints have dealt with that issue in a variety of ways, most frequently by applying one-back concepts. In other words, they often treat Bush as a wide receiver -- split him out and have him play patty-cake with a cornerback while McAllister busts up the gut. They also have run a number of fake reverses to Bush, then handed off to McAllister with the hope that Bush would lure defenders into taking a step away from McAllister. In a 42-17 win over Dallas last week, Bush ran a fake reverse and Drew Brees went deep to Devery Henderson and completed a 50-yard pass.

Saints coach Sean Payton has used misdirection the way Paul Prudhomme uses cayenne pepper. Against the Niners, Brees faked a handoff to McAllister, then tossed the ball to Bush, who easily scored one of his four touchdowns. On some plays, McAllister helps his offense most by acting like he's getting the ball and getting tackled while Brees throws a swing pass to Bush.

The Saints won't ask either to spring the other with a lead block on the middle linebacker, as they would fullback Mike Karney, but they will ask either to seal off the backside while the other runs in the opposite direction. McAllister also has been used quite a bit in pass protection while Bush runs a route.

The Pony package wouldn't work with just any two backs. It helps that McAllister and Bush have contrasting styles, and it's critical that both have embraced the concept. "It's hard for a running back to be unselfish, but there aren't any two players who are more concerned with winning," Payton says. "It's easier to sell when you're the No. 1 offense in the league, you're in the top five in scoring, No. 1 in third-down conversions and No. 1 in passing. The end result is we are moving the football and scoring."

The challenge for Payton has been to give McAllister enough carries so he can wear down a defense while still giving Bush enough opportunities to make big plays. Payton's goal is to get Bush 15 to 18 touches and McAllister 20 touches a game, but the reality often is affected by the circumstances of each game. That goal has been reached only three times, but the larger goal of winning has been reached nine times, and the Saints are looking more and more like the NFC's finest team.

The contributions of the two backs have been nearly equal. McAllister has 1,065 yards from scrimmage; Bush has 1,092. McAllister has accounted for 54 first downs, Bush for 46. But their fruits have come from different trees. Payton estimates either back could be used on about 75 percent of the Saints' plays, but 25 percent are designed to take advantage of the unique skills of one or the other.

Many of the plays focus on getting Bush mismatched against a bigger, slower defender through presnap motion. Most defenses intend to have a safety or nickel back over Bush when he runs a pass route, but that isn't always as easy to accomplish as it sounds, especially with McAllister in the mix.

This system won't last forever. In the not too distant future, as Bush gets more comfortable in the offense, his talent will demand that he get the ball more. But in the short term, it's serving the players and the offense quite nicely.
The options are endless...

-Faking reverses, screens to Bush to misdirect the LBs, safeties...opens up running lanes, and gets Defenses going 1 way.

-If the Defender with backside contain responsibility isn't respecting the reverse Bush is a threat to take it the house.

- If teams stack the box that opens up the receiving game, I think he's a bit overlooked but Devery Henderson is sort of the X-factor in this offense...he's a big play threat.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I just read that a few hours ago. Damned good piece. And, if you want proof of the unselfishness of the two if you re-watch the Dallas/Saints game when Reggie breaks for his TD on the sideline you can see Deuce going completely crazy and cheering him on. We won't have the combination forever but for the time being... it's an awesome thing to witness.

Dia has given me an erection with his prior couple of posts. Just owch.

Anyhow... we have Washington this Sunday at home. We win and we clinch the NFC South (how f'n crazy is THAT?). Hopefully, this won't be a trap-game/letdown game for us and we take care of business. Put pressure on Jason Campbell and contain him if he tries to run... Landell Betts, Santana Moss, and Cooley scare me a bit, but hopefully Brees will get plenty of time to pick apart Washington's secondary.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:45 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

The game against Washington should be a cakewalk. The key to containing our passing game is getting pressure on Drew. When he has good protection, he can pick apart just about any secondary in the league. Washington's pass rush is near nonexistant. They only have 15 sacks through 13 games, and we've only given up 15 sacks all season. Drew will have time to throw and our offense should have another big game; there's no way Washington is gonna put up as many points as we will.

Saints win, 35-20.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-13-2006, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never look past an opponent and never make a prediction. I always just hope for a win.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 12-13-2006, 10:32 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
I never look past an opponent and never make a prediction. I always just hope for a win.
Congrats. I'm not looking past Washington (that's why they play the game, etc...) but I'm predicting this will one of our easiest wins of the year.

All signs point to a win. We're the #1 Offense in the NFL; Washington is ranked #23 in defense. We're facing a pretty inexperienced quarterback and our secondary has come on strong with 5 interceptions in the last 2 games. Will Smith has come back an absolute beast, and we should be able to get pressure on Campbell and force him to throw some bad passes that will result in takeaways. Our offense is on a roll with at least 31 points in the last 3 games (all wins) and I think we'll continue that against Washington. Ladell Betts could run all over us but they'll probably have to abandon the run sometime in the 2nd half.

This is as close to a lock as any game we've had all year.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-13-2006, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
That's ussually when the craziest of upsets happen...

Saints are really hot right now but all the momentum can shift within a week...no one thought the Bears would lose to the Phinz or the Titans would beat the Colts.

you guys should win but I think the Skins make it uncomfortable, unless they completely collapse.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we should look past the Redskins and I know Sean Payton won't. It will be a fun game to watch, but I think the Saints will end up being victorious.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-13-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

This is what I'd like to see for our Day 1 Draft:

Round 1: Buster Davis, ILB
Round 2: Matt Speath, TE
Round 3: DeAndre Jackson, CB

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-13-2006, 08:04 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I think we absolutely have to take a CB in the first 2 rounds. Unless we sign someone like Asante Samuel or Nate Clements, but even then it's probably a day 1 must.

Rd. 1 - Aaron Ross, CB, Texas
Rd. 2 - Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee
Rd. 3 (f/PHI) - Desmond Bishop, ILB, California
Rd. 3 - Martrez Milner, TE, Georgia

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 12-14-2006, 06:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I could see us going for someone like Aaron Ross or Antoine Cason in the first Rd.

I'd like to see us land Desmond Bishop in the 3rd as well. The only reason I say let us take an MLB in the first is because there will be some really good talent there and it would be a reach going for a CB by the time we pick.

I know DeAndre Jackson was having a very good season before he tore his ACL. Cornerbacks usually recover well from those type of injuries so I would expect him to be in good form once we drafted him and also he would probably be available in the 3rd so we could use the 1st two rounds to get a really good MLB, TE, or what have you.

I'd like us to get someone like Steve Smith or Craig Davis in the 4th and really bolster the WR position since Horn doesn't have too much longer left.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-15-2006, 05:00 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Q&A with Mike Karney from Saints.com

http://neworleanssaints.com/newsroom...articleid=3169

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-15-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
MikeD

I wanted to say thanks for the beatdown on Dallas, I am pulling for the Saints to win the Super Bowl. The only thing better then watching the 49ers win is to watch Dallas or Oakland get their ASS handed to them. I had the luxery of watching Brees throw 5 TDS against my HS in our homecoming game, and you could tell he was the real deal. I think he is the best QB besides Manning or Brady. :P :P
Old 12-15-2006, 05:22 PM    (permalink
MikeD

I wanted to say thanks for the beatdown on Dallas, I am pulling for the Saints to win the Super Bowl. The only thing better then watching the 49ers win is to watch Dallas or Oakland get their ASS handed to them. I had the luxery of watching Brees throw 5 TDS against my HS in our homecoming game, and you could tell he was the real deal. I think he is the best QB besides Manning or Brady. :P :P
Old 12-15-2006, 05:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Thanks for the kind words and for the congratulations to our team. I am just happy that Brees was able to recover from his surgery with no lingering effects and he is looking absolutely fantastic this season. He definately has my vote for MVP, because without him our team wouldn't be nearly as good. I think we would have less than half the amount of wins we do now without him as our QB.

But I wouldn't take anything away from your team. The 49ers have some talent on that team and I like the way Mike Nolan is coaching them. He is definately building a contender over there in San Francisco. I was pleasantly suprised that you guys beat Seattle and even though I'm not a huge fan of the 49ers, I always enjoy a good upset.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-15-2006, 05:59 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words and for the congratulations to our team. I am just happy that Brees was able to recover from his surgery with no lingering effects and he is looking absolutely fantastic this season. He definately has my vote for MVP, because without him our team wouldn't be nearly as good. I think we would have less than half the amount of wins we do now without him as our QB.

But I wouldn't take anything away from your team. The 49ers have some talent on that team and I like the way Mike Nolan is coaching them. He is definately building a contender over there in San Francisco. I was pleasantly suprised that you guys beat Seattle and even though I'm not a huge fan of the 49ers, I always enjoy a good upset.
49ers-saints could be a good rivalry down the road. At the very least im sure people will be interested in gore vs bush. Were years away, but your transformation has been almost magic. But then again, your roster is almost entirely new, and at the biggest spot its new, with qb drew brees bringing some stability over the erratic aaron brooks.

Im gona root for you guys too in the playoffs if we dont make (slim we do anyways) I dont want the cowboys winning a 6th sb before us, and i find the bears the most boring team to watch (no offense to bears fans..) Cant wait to see some more plays from reggie
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:26 AM    (permalink
LSU Man
Rookie

LSU Man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I think we will sign or trade for Lance Briggs. It's just a feeling i have. Then i think we will take the best CB available with our first pick.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I'd like to see Lance Briggs play for the Saints but can he play MLB? That seems to be the only position that we really need an upgrade at. Or do you guys think we're going to switch to a 3-4 and draft a big NT?

We're going to be drafting at a funky position in the draft especially concerning the players we need. I'd like to see us land Josh Wilson in the second round if Aaron Ross or Fred Bennett are gone.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-17-2006, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Congrats. I'm not looking past Washington (that's why they play the game, etc...) but I'm predicting this will one of our easiest wins of the year.

All signs point to a win. We're the #1 Offense in the NFL; Washington is ranked #23 in defense. We're facing a pretty inexperienced quarterback and our secondary has come on strong with 5 interceptions in the last 2 games. Will Smith has come back an absolute beast, and we should be able to get pressure on Campbell and force him to throw some bad passes that will result in takeaways. Our offense is on a roll with at least 31 points in the last 3 games (all wins) and I think we'll continue that against Washington. Ladell Betts could run all over us but they'll probably have to abandon the run sometime in the 2nd half.

Ehh... I knew I had a bad feeling about this game for a reason.

Old 12-17-2006, 02:40 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ehh... I knew I had a bad feeling about this game for a reason.
As bad as we've played, it's just a one score game. I have a feeling we'll come out strong.

Sig by jkpigskin