Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 01-01-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So anyone know if the starters are gonna play the full game on sunday? I have been lost on player news ever since foxsports changed their layout :(
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...rt_sunday.html

Looks like starters won't be getting much time at all, and Brees probably won't even see the field at all. Which may be ok, but I was hoping he and the 1st stringers could get a series, or 2 in to get themselves on track.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...rt_sunday.html

Looks like starters won't be getting much time at all, and Brees probably won't even see the field at all. Which may be ok, but I was hoping he and the 1st stringers could get a series, or 2 in to get themselves on track.
Damn thats some booty. I really think thats a mistake going into this game and not trying to win.

thanks for the link Auron
Old 01-02-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to the team's website, it looks like CB Mike McKenzie has been waived.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that's surprising. On a side not though, I do hope I get to see Chase Daniel in the game for a few series though.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Brunell dominates the game.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brunell can stay as a player coach, but he should never see another snap.

Anyone hear anything about Bobby April? We could use the special teams jolt for sure, and he's the best of the best, and I'm sure he'd love to return home.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

Charles Grant has been placed on IR after surgery on a torn tricep.

Imo this shows some stupidity on Sean Paytons part. If your not going to play your starters the whole game or at all then don't play them. Grant shouldn't have been in a completely meaningless game.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby McCray will get the start which isn't terrible, but still I agree with NOLA.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Brunell can stay as a player coach, but he should never see another snap.

Anyone hear anything about Bobby April? We could use the special teams jolt for sure, and he's the best of the best, and I'm sure he'd love to return home.
I would love to have Bobby April come back. Its a part of our game that we need work on.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing Grant is definitely a blow, but I think this signifies the end for him... Second year he's been finished with this kind of injury.. he's just not living up to the contract he received, and even when he was in I couldn't help but think he could be making a bigger impact. I think this will open the door for us to bring in some youth at DE, which is now looking like more of a need spot.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

Quote:
Losing Grant is definitely a blow, but I think this signifies the end for him... Second year he's been finished with this kind of injury.. he's just not living up to the contract he received, and even when he was in I couldn't help but think he could be making a bigger impact. I think this will open the door for us to bring in some youth at DE, which is now looking like more of a need spot.
i concur. I wonder who though
Old 01-05-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
i concur. I wonder who though
Two words - Everson Griffin

Old 01-05-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF we get rid of Grants contract Id be all for getting a DE.... But is McCray allowed to play with his DUI?
Old 01-06-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I fully concur with this statement.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Two words - Everson Griffin
My name is Robin Franken and I support this statement

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

So how do you guys feel heading into the Playoffs? I'm nervous... I'm hoping that some how when the Saints play in their first Play Off game they'll be able to flip the switch on and revert back to the style of play, and intensity they showed early in the season.

but somehow I feel as if this team might have lost it's mojo and I'm preparing that they have a very real possibility of being knocked out in their first game, because lately momentum just has not been on our side. Whether that's by misfortune, or something we're doing wrong.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So how do you guys feel heading into the Playoffs? I'm nervous... I'm hoping that some how when the Saints play in their first Play Off game they'll be able to flip the switch on and revert back to the style of play, and intensity they showed early in the season.

but somehow I feel as if this team might have lost it's mojo and I'm preparing that they have a very real possibility of being knocked out in their first game, because lately momentum just has not been on our side. Whether that's by misfortune, or something we're doing wrong.
I hate to sound like a pessimist but nothing I've seen the past three weeks have inspired any confidence in me. I actually think we're going to be one and done. I don't want to face any team in the NFC playoffs.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-06-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I hate to sound like a pessimist but nothing I've seen the past three weeks have inspired any confidence in me. I actually think we're going to be one and done. I don't want to face any team in the NFC playoffs.
Can't say I disagree... I can understand being caught off guard in the Dallas game, but to follow up that by losing a 17-3 lead to Tampa Bay at Home, when maybe it seemed like they had hoped the Bucs would just fold up their tents and pack it in is not a good sign.

but like I said there is still part of me that hopes maybe somehow they will turn it around in the playoffs.. I mean they have to or it's over... but the warning signs have been there, this team is not heading into the playoffs on the right footing. We'll just have to see who they play, and what happens from there.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

This seems to be the consensus amongst Saints fans here in Bossier Citythat I have talked to the last week or so.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:00 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC North and NFC West I believe:
Home: Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Seattle, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota
Away: Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, San Francisco, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Dallas
Id say we go 7-1 @ home and 3-5 away for a 10-6 record and a playoff birth in my crazy early season prediction

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pffft. Bump you guys. I think we're still going to at least the NFC Championship Game. I think getting both Tracy Porter & Jabari Greer will help our defense immensely. It's insane how much Gregg Williams trusts to leave them on islands in man-to-man coverage. We need to definitely tweak some things in the offensive end but I think all in all we'll be fine.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Pffft. Bump you guys. I think we're still going to at least the NFC Championship Game. I think getting both Tracy Porter & Jabari Greer will help our defense immensely. It's insane how much Gregg Williams trusts to leave them on islands in man-to-man coverage. We need to definitely tweak some things in the offensive end but I think all in all we'll be fine.
i think everything hinges on those tweaks to the offense. They have just not been able to turn it on and keep it on since the Patriots game.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Yeah it's been our Offense which has underachieved lately, if we're to go far in the Playoffs they have to step up.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:38 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Well, we're going to be playing either Arizona or Green Bay next week.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter