Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rotterdam, NL
Posts: 8,859
Reputation: 249836
wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Just in time to celebrate the Cowboys lose.



I swear, I am doing all I possibly can about this. I don't want to say too much due to legal issues, but take my word for it.
Make it happen baby, wanna see my saints play in miami. WHO DAT!!!
__________________


Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Shoryuken
Posts: 13,733
Reputation: 406607
TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I swear, I am doing all I possibly can about this. I don't want to say too much due to legal issues, but take my word for it.



?
__________________

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rotterdam, NL
Posts: 8,859
Reputation: 249836
wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

tries to hire:


to do the right things to
__________________


Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Moderator
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose.
Posts: 19,937
Reputation: 1060249
diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Deuce McAllister retiring
http://www.clarionledger.com/article...ement-from-NFL
__________________

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Darksider
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 159
Reputation: 3631
Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.
Default

Arrington signed to Active Roster. Favorite signed to PS.

http://twitter.com/jeffduncantp
Darksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 378
Reputation: 6841
NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider View Post
Arrington signed to Active Roster. Favorite signed to PS.

http://twitter.com/jeffduncantp
i think the Arrington signing is because Meachem tweaked his ankle against the Cardinals and is doubtful for Sunday
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Concord U
Posts: 7,425
Reputation: 941987
zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I swear, I am doing all I possibly can about this. I don't want to say too much due to legal issues, but take my word for it.
You work for the Saints?
__________________
zachsaints52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 17,534
Reputation: 4870110
CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
You work for the Saints?
No, but I have a cousin who knows a guy.
__________________




2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Concord U
Posts: 7,425
Reputation: 941987
zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
No, but I have a cousin who knows a guy.
Haha wow. Thats cool though keep us informed!
__________________
zachsaints52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Concord U
Posts: 7,425
Reputation: 941987
zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

NOFALCONS,
Im tired of seeing you talk about getting a TE or a WR in the first roud, especially when they are reaches worse then what you "think" the DT and OLB picks are. Denario Alexander... Wow he is 6-5 but we already have a Red Zone target right now with Colston. Speed guy? Meachem and Henderson. Lance Moore is a FA but we will resign him because he was hut more this past year. So where does Alexander fit? And everything I see about him says late second early 3rd. McCoy? How does McCoy bring what Jeremy Shockey brings? The dude had 22 catches all season. Thats in 13 games. 3 games he didn't even have a catch. And the scouting report I see says he isn't a good blocker either. And finally the third guy you always talk about, Gronkowski. This is the only one of the three I would have even thought about going after. But guess what? The thing your crying and complaining about Bush and Shockey, injury, guess what? He didn't even play last year! So get a clue about stuff, unless your Todd McShay in hiding dont try and say we need something we don't.
__________________
zachsaints52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:29 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rotterdam, NL
Posts: 8,859
Reputation: 249836
wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
so he just wanted to retire as a saint i guess
__________________


Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:58 AM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 563
Reputation: 20734
nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
NOFALCONS,
Im tired of seeing you talk about getting a TE or a WR in the first roud, especially when they are reaches worse then what you "think" the DT and OLB picks are. Denario Alexander... Wow he is 6-5 but we already have a Red Zone target right now with Colston. Speed guy? Meachem and Henderson. Lance Moore is a FA but we will resign him because he was hut more this past year. So where does Alexander fit? And everything I see about him says late second early 3rd. McCoy? How does McCoy bring what Jeremy Shockey brings? The dude had 22 catches all season. Thats in 13 games. 3 games he didn't even have a catch. And the scouting report I see says he isn't a good blocker either. And finally the third guy you always talk about, Gronkowski. This is the only one of the three I would have even thought about going after. But guess what? The thing your crying and complaining about Bush and Shockey, injury, guess what? He didn't even play last year! So get a clue about stuff, unless your Todd McShay in hiding dont try and say we need something we don't.

colston is the #1 receiver on this team and has been for 4 years. 2 marques colstons = better than 1.

shockey is one of the best all-around tightends in the nfl.

2 jeremy shockeys = better than 1.


Lance moore can be upgraded anyway because even when he was in the games early in the season meachem would see the field more than he would because he lacks size and can't run block as well as the others.



you make a very poor point about mccoy and gronkowski. antonio gates didn't even play tightend since high school before the chargers found him. it only matters that he has the talent to play the position when healthy.

the saints took a risk signing drew brees after his injury in 2006 and it was the best move that we ever made as an organization. if he were healthy he would never have signed here. hell, i doubt that he would've signed here if miami would've even really made an effort and showed more interest than they did in him rather than daunte cullpepper. we got lucky that a top 3 QB talent was lacking in suitors because of his injury.

gronkowski and gresham are top 15 talents in the draft. I would love to see us get lucky again.

Last edited by nofalcons10 : 01-23-2010 at 08:01 AM.
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:05 AM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 563
Reputation: 20734
nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I also recognize the need at DT more than you are willing to admitt. ayodele and hargrove suck and clancy is old, injury prone and isn't the best lateral player at NT anyway.

players like terrance cody, Linval joseph, Demarcus granger, torrell troupe, and al woods are the type of athletes that we need there.

when you can collapse the pocket in the middle of the field or stonewall the run there at DT. it is a great advantage to the defense because it helps Dictate the style of play of the opposing offense and makes them predictable.



you really misjudge me unfairly.

i am all for defense as long as the right player is there and as long as we dont reach for a need.


a dream of mine would actually be to get

1) terrrance cody http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgCHChIT57M
2)linval joseph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu9sFXqtPUk
3)jerome murphy
4)george selvie

i would like to try a two NT defensive line like the ravens had in 2000 or like the saints had in 2002. if we moved toward a defense like the heavy lunch bunch in 2002 i think that it could really be successful this time because we have better overall defensive talent at linebacker and in the secondary. in 2002 we were getting beat on the edges and not right up the gut.
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rotterdam, NL
Posts: 8,859
Reputation: 249836
wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofalcons10 View Post
colston is the #1 receiver on this team and has been for 4 years. 2 marques colstons = better than 1.
But the difference a second MC would make is so small its hardly worth persueing
shockey is one of the best all-around tightends in the nfl.

2 jeremy shockeys = better than 1.
Saints barely run twin TE sets


Lance moore can be upgraded anyway because even when he was in the games early in the season meachem would see the field more than he would because he lacks size and can't run block as well as the others.
Lance Moore is an excellent #2 receiver, but here you are actually making an argument to not draft wideouts in this draft, the depth with colston, moore, maechem and henderson is the best in the league



you make a very poor point about mccoy and gronkowski. antonio gates didn't even play tightend since high school before the chargers found him. it only matters that he has the talent to play the position when healthy.
notsureifserious

the saints took a risk signing drew brees after his injury in 2006 and it was the best move that we ever made as an organization. if he were healthy he would never have signed here. hell, i doubt that he would've signed here if miami would've even really made an effort and showed more interest than they did in him rather than daunte cullpepper. we got lucky that a top 3 QB talent was lacking in suitors because of his injury.
Yeah you have to take risks when a team is down, when on top you make sure you build steady to stay on top.

gronkowski and gresham are top 15 talents in the draft. I would love to see us get lucky again.
Gresham MIGHT be when he didnt have injury troubles, never sure how someone gets back from that sort of injury, Gronkowski is nowhere near a top15 talent, even disregarding injuries. ATM picking him with the saints second rounder is more of a reach than a steal, even disregarding the total lack of need
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofalcons10 View Post
I also recognize the need at DT more than you are willing to admitt. ayodele and hargrove suck and clancy is old, injury prone and isn't the best lateral player at NT anyway.

players like terrance cody, Linval joseph, Demarcus granger, torrell troupe, and al woods are the type of athletes that we need there.
funny how you name a few pure 3-4 NT, Cody isnt that good a fit at all

when you can collapse the pocket in the middle of the field or stonewall the run there at DT. it is a great advantage to the defense because it helps Dictate the style of play of the opposing offense and makes them predictable.
so DT is a need



you really misjudge me unfairly.

i am all for defense as long as the right player is there and as long as we dont reach for a need.


a dream of mine would actually be to get

1) terrrance cody http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgCHChIT57M
Not the best fit, wouldnt be great value either
2)linval joseph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu9sFXqtPUk
Better fit but would be a huge reach at this point, to many needs to draft two DT's Ill respond to your bit about that later on
3)jerome murphy
No need+ another tweener = bad pick
4)george selvie
3-4 olb all the way, woulndt have a clue how he would even make the saints roster

i would like to try a two NT defensive line like the ravens had in 2000 or like the saints had in 2002.
Both teams ran a completely different system, maybe when there would be less other needs if we moved toward a defense like the heavy lunch bunch in 2002 i think that it could really be successful this time because we have better overall defensive talent at linebackeryou for real, Vilma is a good player and all but shanle and fujita cant be much better than what was running around at that time and in the secondary. in 2002 we were getting beat on the edges and not right up the gut.
please just stop it, your just annoying everybody
__________________


Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Concord U
Posts: 7,425
Reputation: 941987
zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
please just stop it, your just annoying everybody
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wicket again.
__________________
zachsaints52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Concord U
Posts: 7,425
Reputation: 941987
zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofalcons10 View Post
1.colston is the #1 receiver on this team and has been for 4 years. 2 marques colstons = better than 1.

2.shockey is one of the best all-around tightends in the nfl.
2 jeremy shockeys = better than 1.

3.Lance moore can be upgraded anyway because even when he was in the games early in the season meachem would see the field more than he would because he lacks size and can't run block as well as the others.

4.you make a very poor point about mccoy and gronkowski. antonio gates didn't even play tightend since high school before the chargers found him. it only matters that he has the talent to play the position when healthy.

5.the saints took a risk signing drew brees after his injury in 2006 and it was the best move that we ever made as an organization. if he were healthy he would never have signed here. hell, i doubt that he would've signed here if miami would've even really made an effort and showed more interest than they did in him rather than daunte cullpepper. we got lucky that a top 3 QB talent was lacking in suitors because of his injury.

6.gronkowski and gresham are top 15 talents in the draft. I would love to see us get lucky again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofalcons10 View Post
7.I also recognize the need at DT more than you are willing to admitt. ayodele and hargrove suck and clancy is old, injury prone and isn't the best lateral player at NT anyway.

8.you really misjudge me unfairly.


9.i am all for defense as long as the right player is there and as long as we dont reach for a need.


10.i would like to try a two NT defensive line like the ravens had in 2000 or like the saints had in 2002. if we moved toward a defense like the heavy lunch bunch in 2002 i think that it could really be successful this time because we have better overall defensive talent at linebacker and in the secondary. in 2002 we were getting beat on the edges and not right up the gut.
1.If we have two MC on the field (i.e. slow with good hands) our offense wouldn't be as effective. Henderson on the outside and Meachem on the inside is the reason we get Colston plays anyways. Still didn't prove to me Alexander is a first round pick.

2.....That still doesn't give me any reason why either of them COULD be Shockey type.

3.Yeah we try to utilize him in the slot more i.e. Welker. And he was pretty much derailed the whole year by injuries.

4.Again, McCoy hasn't shown the talent. And Gronkowski... He did good but he was injured all year.

5.Yeah, he also has been a proven talent in the NFL.

6.You gave no reason again why they are. Quit watching youtube highlights and look more at their overall body of work.

7.Ummm look at my post. I said we should get a OLB more then a DT. DT is second on my list. In the mock drafts if someone has us with a DT I always tell them good pick. Research your info. I said if we can get a OLB before a DT, I can live with Oydele and Pressley.

8.How am I misjudging you unfairly when your saying this stuff and giving youtube refrences? You think someone will be like, "ill put all my decent plays on there to show the world."

9.If its a need, you reach for it. Especially since your saying we reach for a 3rd string TE or a 4th WR

10.Yeah, we sucked in 2002, and just by saying that you contraditct earlier about "collapsing the pocket. If we have no DT pass ruch (since NT rarely do), how does that help us out?
__________________
zachsaints52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rotterdam, NL
Posts: 8,859
Reputation: 249836
wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Ive developed a new appreciation for the ignore user function, just sayin
__________________


Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 563
Reputation: 20734
nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38182
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 563
Reputation: 20734
nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
1.If we have two MC on the field (i.e. slow with good hands) our offense wouldn't be as effective. Henderson on the outside and Meachem on the inside is the reason we get Colston plays anyways. Still didn't prove to me Alexander is a first round pick.
not necessarily. the broncos used to do a great job with ed mcCaffrey and Rod smith who were not burners. at times the broncos averaged 400ypg just like we do.



Quote:
2.....That still doesn't give me any reason why either of them COULD be Shockey type.
we may just have to agree to disagree then because i remember shockey at miami and i've seen all of the tightends that i constantly talk about play and have analyzed their game but in the end, what we think is subjective.

you may view miller and thomas as complete tightends. great. more power to you. I'm just not going to grant that.


Quote:
3.Yeah we try to utilize him in the slot more i.e. Welker. And he was pretty much derailed the whole year by injuries.
yeah and when he was in he barley saw the field because meachem is a better run-blocker.

Quote:
4.Again, McCoy hasn't shown the talent. And Gronkowski... He did good but he was injured all year.
i don't know what McCoy you are watching but compared to pettigrew from last year. I see just about the same player and he can run routes like crumpler.

Quote:
5.Yeah, he also has been a proven talent in the NFL.
talent is talent. draft is about projections anyway.

Quote:
6.You gave no reason again why they are. Quit watching youtube highlights and look more at their overall body of work.
i've stated thousands of times how highlyi think of their blocking and receiving skills.

Quote:
7.Ummm look at my post. I said we should get a OLB more then a DT. DT is second on my list. In the mock drafts if someone has us with a DT I always tell them good pick. Research your info. I said if we can get a OLB before a DT, I can live with Oydele and Pressley.
this may get you green cubes here but argue pressley and ayodele at SR. and you will get laughed out of the forum.

what great job have they done???? we are surrendering 6.7 yards per carry in the playoffs and 4.5 during the season. the only reason that we have survived this long is because our offense scores so much.

Quote:
8.How am I misjudging you unfairly when your saying this stuff and giving youtube refrences? You think someone will be like, "ill put all my decent plays on there to show the world."
the saints didn't think brian cushing or derrick brooks could take jobs from our linebackers. that should tell you something.

Quote:
9.If its a need, you reach for it. Especially since your saying we reach for a 3rd string TE or a 4th WR
no.

not in every situation. in 2008 we did not have to trade up for ellis. we could've worked out a trade for shaun rodgers which i supported but we didn't.

rogers is one of the best NT's in the league and his contract was less than ellis'.



Quote:
10.Yeah, we sucked in 2002, and just by saying that you contraditct earlier about "collapsing the pocket. If we have no DT pass ruch (since NT rarely do), how does that help us out?

rare, yes.

but some NT's do. tony siragusa did. grady jackson, keith traylor, john henderson do.

linval joseph has 14 pressures this year but also has kevin williams' size and i think that he and cody would be a very good combination.

Last edited by nofalcons10 : 01-23-2010 at 12:13 PM.
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Darksider
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 159
Reputation: 3631
Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.
Default

Ellis/Hargrove are my two starting DT's next year. If we draft one it's for depth.

We don't NEED a DT. We could go CB/TE/OLB/OT/DE.

We finally don't have a NEED, just a NEED of depth.
Darksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Concord U
Posts: 7,425
Reputation: 941987
zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

1. not necessarily. the broncos used to do a great job with ed mcCaffrey and Rod smith who were not burners. at times the broncos averaged 400ypg just like we do.


Your talking about a team that had Terell Davis and which had teams worried more about a future HOF RB then WR's.

2.
we may just have to agree to disagree then because i remember shockey at miami and i've seen all of the tightends that i constantly talk about play and have analyzed their game but in the end, what we think is subjective.

you may view miller and thomas as complete tightends. great. more power to you. I'm just not going to grant that.

I never said they were "complete" But I am saying and always have is Id rather have Shockey and Thomas rather then Shanle/Fujita and someone else. Our OLB's aren't that good. If you agree to it, then you sir are crazy.

3.yeah and when he was in he barley saw the field because meachem is a better run-blocker.

Yeah and he started out the whole year with a shoulder injury, and he isn't eant to be in for run blocking. Thats like putting bush in slot and doing a sweep. You put players in positions to maximize their abilities.

4. i don't know what McCoy you are watching but compared to pettigrew from last year. I see just about the same player and he can run routes like crumpler.

I dont know what McCoy you saw but catching 23 passes in 13 games doesn't show me shockey.


5. talent is talent. draft is about projections anyway.
Yeah but when you project someone "Top 15" and they haven't shown it then your projections arent that great.

6.i've stated thousands of times how highlyi think of their blocking and receiving skills.

I can say all I want about how Reggie Bush is a complete back just because the last game. But we all know its not true, kind like with your statements. just because you say something, doesnt mean its true. find me some scouting reports of the players that actually show what your saying, because as of right now your going on your word and youtube.

7. this may get you green cubes here but argue pressley and ayodele at SR. and you will get laughed out of the forum.

what great job have they done???? we are surrendering 6.7 yards per carry in the playoffs and 4.5 during the season. the only reason that we have survived this long is because our offense scores so much.

6.7 yards in the playoffs. Did you even watch the game? Those stats are inflated because of Hightowers one run. besides that how well did they run it? Check the stats and get back to me.

8. the saints didn't think brian cushing or derrick brooks could take jobs from our linebackers. that should tell you something.

Uh no the Saints CB's sucked horrible last year, we had greer *** and porter and porter was coming off an injury, so why not get a CB who can spot start?

9.no.
not in every situation. in 2008 we did not have to trade up for ellis. we could've worked out a trade for shaun rodgers which i supported but we didn't.

We did have to get Ellis, because our DTs weren't that good anyways, which you agree with too. And Shaun Rogers is known for his poor work ethic, everyone knows that. Hence the reason he rarely played 3 straight downs.


10.rare, yes.
but some NT's do. tony siragusa did. grady jackson, keith traylor, john henderson do.
linval joseph has 14 pressures this year but also has kevin williams' size and i think that he and cody would be a very good combination.

So lets go after him in the second, I have no objections to that at all. Finally we agree on something.
__________________
zachsaints52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Concord U
Posts: 7,425
Reputation: 941987
zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider View Post
Ellis/Hargrove are my two starting DT's next year. If we draft one it's for depth.

We don't NEED a DT. We could go CB/TE/OLB/OT/DE.

We finally don't have a NEED, just a NEED of depth.
But we don't NEED to go with a TE/WR in the First! Thats all we are trying to tell him! Our OLBs are old and not very good. Get the smart choice instead of a player that'll barely play.
__________________
zachsaints52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 563
Reputation: 20734
nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider View Post
Ellis/Hargrove are my two starting DT's next year. If we draft one it's for depth.

We don't NEED a DT. We could go CB/TE/OLB/OT/DE.

We finally don't have a NEED, just a NEED of depth.

do you know that hargrove weighs less than l'roi glover and that remi ayodele is the 2009 version of martin chase?

i would argue that DT is our only NEED because we don't really have a starter there besides ellis..

what the others and i are arguing about is luxury picks like TE, C, and backup outside linebacker.

Last edited by nofalcons10 : 01-23-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: besides ellis
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Concord U
Posts: 7,425
Reputation: 941987
zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofalcons10 View Post
what the others and i are arguing about is luxury picks like 3rd string TE, C which we want in the 2nd or 3rd round, and linebacker who can do better then Fujita.
Fixed it for you
__________________
zachsaints52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 563
Reputation: 20734
nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
But we don't NEED to go with a TE/WR in the First! Thats all we are trying to tell him! Our OLBs are old and not very good. Get the smart choice instead of a player that'll barely play.
i'll be back later to respond more but what makes you think that williams will want weatherspoon more than cushing, malaluga, clay mathews or connor barwin? or derrick brooks for that matter?

you do know that cleveland traded back 3 times last year but we wanted malcolm jenkins so bad that we didn't even try to trade down to take a combo like sean smith and clay matthews to try to pick up an extra second rounder or third to take another linebacker.

i actually wanted a linebacker early last year too, but williams just doesn't agree with us.
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.