Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 01-25-2010, 04:27 AM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=zachsaints52;1984522]
Quote:
Your talking about a team that had Terell Davis and which had teams worried more about a future HOF RB then WR's.
no, actually im talking about the brian griese teams with mike anderson at running back. the year we made the playoffs under haslett they were the #2 offense in the league at the point that they played us and were averaging 400+yards a game.

in 2000 both mccaffrey and smith had 100 receptions.

Quote:
I never said they were "complete" But I am saying and always have is Id rather have Shockey and Thomas rather then Shanle/Fujita and someone else. Our OLB's aren't that good. If you agree to it, then you sir are crazy.
look at the vikings linebackers. you really think that leber, greenway and brinkley were better than what we have or do you think that it is the williams wall that makes their defense what it is?

Quote:
3)Yeah and he started out the whole year with a shoulder injury, and he isn't eant to be in for run blocking. Thats like putting bush in slot and doing a sweep. You put players in positions to maximize their abilities.
the point is that you never have to take colston or a wideout like danario alexander out of the game because of such shortcomings. you can run a sweep with colston and meachem.

Quote:
4) I dont know what McCoy you saw but catching 23 passes in 13 games doesn't show me shockey.
shockey played with ken doresy who won a college championship. McCoy played with Matt barkley who was a true freshman.

Quote:
Yeah but when you project someone "Top 15" and they haven't shown it then your projections arent that great.
which person? gresham and Danario alexander i have rated as top 15. gronkowski top 20-25. mcCoy top 25.

gresham and alexander have been arguably the best at their positions when healthy.

Quote:
I can say all I want about how Reggie Bush is a complete back just because the last game. But we all know its not true, kind like with your statements. just because you say something, doesnt mean its true. find me some scouting reports of the players that actually show what your saying, because as of right now your going on your word and youtube.
Cody, gresham and alexander have plenty of feathers in their caps of being the best at what they do and having top notch talent.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2010-nfl-...e-gresham.html

cody just can't be moved backward and that is plain for anyone to see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgCHChIT57M

and alexander is an incredible athlete that led the NCAA in receiving yards, has a 46-inch vertical, breakaway speed, great size and is highly regarded by many scouts such as Gil brandt (ex-cowboys personnel exec.).

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...2?OpenDocument

Quote:
6.7 yards in the playoffs. Did you even watch the game? Those stats are inflated because of Hightowers one run. besides that how well did they run it? Check the stats and get back to me.
um-hummmmmm. adrian peterson 122 yards and 3 touchdowns. you were saying????

inflate this:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...000d5d8140a7ea

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...000d5d814358aa

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-fa...ner-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-...ams-highlights

barber through hargrove gap like he's not even there
http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cow...rion-Barber-TD

IN ANY CLOSE GAME AGAINST A GOOD RUSHING TEAM WE TEND TO GIVE UP 130 YARDS +.

when you have a gigantic NT like cody or norman hand the linebackers can flex outside more and don't have to be as concerned with supporting the inside run.

kris jenkins and pat williams do a great job of holding ground and helping their teams stop the run with only 4-5 and keeping the outside linebacks from having to lose outside contain by collapsing inside.

Quote:
Uh no the Saints CB's sucked horrible last year, we had greer *** and porter and porter was coming off an injury, so why not get a CB who can spot start?
that still doesn't explain why we did not even attempt to trade down for others such as sean smith or vontae davis from #14.

we could've picked up an extra second rounder and selected connor barwin who was the most athletic linebacker in the draft with the extra pick and STILL had our first left around to select davis or smith. but, again... no, we didn't. WE didn't even try.

i really liked barwin and malaluga myself in the second round.

Quote:
9.no.
We did have to get Ellis, because our DTs weren't that good anyways, which you agree with too. And Shaun Rogers is known for his poor work ethic, everyone knows that. Hence the reason he rarely played 3 straight downs.
shaun rodgers was a two-time probowler and was coming off of a 7-sack year. i would still give any defensive tackle that we have for shaun rodgers.

the only tackle that we have that DOES play 3 straight downs is ellis. Hargrove and clancy rotate in and out. if we had taken rodgers we would've saved money and saved picks and also would've been left with the pick to take DRC or trade back and acquire even more picks.

Quote:
So lets go after him in the second, I have no objections to that at all. Finally we agree on something.
glad that you are finally beginning to see the light.

Last edited by nofalcons10 : 01-25-2010 at 04:55 AM.
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:29 AM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Fixed it for you
notice the bang-up job that meachem and moore did at #2 receiver against the vikings and jets.

and did you also notice how great David thomas did at blocking against the vikings?

wasn't it incredible?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys better ******* win.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha we hope so man :)
Old 01-25-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it hilarious that Vikings fans are whining and complaining about the officiating. Did they not see the 2 garbage unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on 3rd downs in the first half that kept scoring drives alive for Minny? Guess not.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Saints-Broncos Super Bowl.
Hey I was half right! slightlyanostrodamus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Hey I was half right! slightlyanostrodamus!
Haha slightly man.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:26 AM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Belated Congrats

Belated Congrats to the Saints organization!!! You play my beloved Colts in the SB, hope your luck runs out!!!:)

I always felt that the reason the Saints organization is in this place is due to good free agency moves and good drafting. The Saints seem to be following in the same footsteps as the Patriots, Colts, and Steelers, get the pivotal QB and draft good character guys mostly to have talent on both sides of the ball. The character is important since immaturity in the form of bad penalties can play big differences in playoff games (just ask the Chargers in their 2006 loss to the Patriots and 2009 loss to the Jets despite all their talent).

We will see how the SB goes. I still believe firmly that the playoffs are all about matchups and whichever team exploits their matchups this weekend best is the one that is going to win. Both the Colts and Saints know the importance of 60 min. games and I would not be surprised if the margin of victory is a TD or less and the game not decided till the last minute.

Here is to a good game with no major injuries to either team!!! No matter who wins, I think both teams have had a very good season and with their QBs being solid as ever, neither team would probably have to worry about a SB loser curse with the core being strong.:)

Last edited by chad72 : 02-04-2010 at 09:28 AM.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
Belated Congrats to the Saints organization!!! You play my beloved Colts in the SB, hope your luck runs out!!!:)

I always felt that the reason the Saints organization is in this place is due to good free agency moves and good drafting. The Saints seem to be following in the same footsteps as the Patriots, Colts, and Steelers, get the pivotal QB and draft good character guys mostly to have talent on both sides of the ball. The character is important since immaturity in the form of bad penalties can play big differences in playoff games (just ask the Chargers in their 2006 loss to the Patriots and 2009 loss to the Jets despite all their talent).

We will see how the SB goes. I still believe firmly that the playoffs are all about matchups and whichever team exploits their matchups this weekend best is the one that is going to win. Both the Colts and Saints know the importance of 60 min. games and I would not be surprised if the margin of victory is a TD or less and the game not decided till the last minute.

Here is to a good game with no major injuries to either team!!! No matter who wins, I think both teams have had a very good season and with their QBs being solid as ever, neither team would probably have to worry about a SB loser curse with the core being strong.:)
Very well said, and I also hope for a injury free game with alot of excitement, but with the Saints coming out at the end.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Why does my stuff get deleted? I started a debate?
Old 02-04-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because you're instigating. Starting a thread just to call someone out is not tolerated.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:23 AM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

Quote:
basically what i said was that i think that we need

2 DTs, 1 TE, 1 WR, 1 LB.

we don't have to take a TE or a WR in the first Two rounds but i do think that we need more help there than you are willing to admit.

we are in the superbowl and only have two glaring needs on the team and they are: #2 DT and #3 DT. i don't see how anyone can look at how hargrove (270lbs), ayodele (who plays like he's 250), and pressley (who nobody thought good enough to steal from our PS) and say that we aren't getting totally blown off of the ball at the LOS in the middle.

how many demoralizing runs up the gut will it take to realize that we need a presence in the middle at Nose tackle. IF terrence cody is there at 32 we cannot pass on him for some linebacker Unless it's a ridiculous value like sergio kindle.

I even like Daryl washington very much but it think that Rennie curran would be an excellent pickup in the 3rd. he is 5'11 235 so i don't see him going any higher than the second and he may even fall to the 4th if you look at Stanley arnoux's slide last year. Thaddeus gibson is also very good in space and is a pretty good pass-rusher. again, a 3rd round possibility.

My ideal draft now that i've had time to break down more prospects would look something like this:

1) terrence cody--people say that he may eat himself out of the league in 5 years but the saints window of opportunity is now. we can't concern ourselves with 2016. our focus has to be 2010-2012 and the kid never missed a game at alabama because of his weight issues. Aaron gibson was a Guard and was asked to play all 3 Downs. cody will only be asked to play two.

2)Vince oghobaase--his upper-body reminds me of warren sapp but has very long legs like Kevin williams. he is better against the run than jared odrick because he gets better extension against guards to the inside. he even has a nice swim move to get past guards to the QB. he had 6 sacks a year ago and if cody is gone we might even look at him in the first.

3)Rennie Curran--a stanley arnoux clone that will give you lots of tackles and is as good as fujita in coverage and is very good at changing directions.

4)Jimmy Graham--This kid is a very raw route runner but would be a very good prospect to groom behind shockey. he could assume blocking duties at 6'6 260 until he learns how to fine tune his routes. he is fast, has long 35 inch arms (just like shockey) and 10 5/8in. hands.

he could eventually be as good as jeremy shockey or the TE's that i like in the first round.

6) Joe webb--He's not danario alexander but i like what i saw from the kid at the senior bowl. has colston size and speed, long arms and decent routes. scouts really like him as a possesion guy. he's bigger than lance moore and could give drew a second colston-like target within the first 5-10 yards.

7)Demarcus Granger--was kicked off of team for stealing a jacket and missed all of 2009 because of injuries but he could be a Carl nicks or anthony hargrove type steal for us at back up NT to replace kendrick Clancy.

*** i didn't mention DE because if we replace hargrove at DT then he could very likely slide back out to end.

Last edited by nofalcons10 : 02-05-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:04 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

I don't see why we would draft 3 DTs in one draft and not address OT, because we won't sign Brown to the massive deal he wants. We will release Grant and resign bush.I don't mind Cody as our first pick, but I dont see how you can be against Weatherspoon. He makes plays all over, a very vocal leader, and if he falls to 32 itll be crazy not to get him. But I see us trading aroud anyhow. In the 2nd get a OLB because you'll see Fujita will be replaced this upcoming season, and we need someone to step in. Also I don't admit we need any help at WR or TE at all. We will have the same group but adding Thomas again. I wouldn't mind Grham in the 4th since he will have time to develop as an actual football player. Ad Diabs, I wasn't trying to "call him out" the last time, just trying to have an actual discussion.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:23 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A wr is probably gonna be a need in the late rounds or free agency. Lance Moore has no contract after this season and I highly doubt we resign him. It was obvious he wasn't needed this season.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

Quote:
I don't see why we would draft 3 DTs in one draft and not address OT, because we won't sign Brown to the massive deal he wants. We will release Grant and resign bush.I don't mind Cody as our first pick, but I dont see how you can be against Weatherspoon. He makes plays all over, a very vocal leader, and if he falls to 32 itll be crazy not to get him. But I see us trading aroud anyhow. In the 2nd get a OLB because you'll see Fujita will be replaced this upcoming season, and we need someone to step in. Also I don't admit we need any help at WR or TE at all. We will have the same group but adding Thomas again. I wouldn't mind Grham in the 4th since he will have time to develop as an actual football player. Ad Diabs, I wasn't trying to "call him out" the last time, just trying to have an actual discussion.

i'll give you 3 reasons to draft 3 DT's

vince oghobaase------anthonly hargrove is only 270lbs and is nearly 3 inches shorther and 40lbs lighter than oghobaase. oghobaase is nearly the size of kevin williams and plays alot like williams does too.

Terrance cody---remy ayodele gets man-handled by centers. re-watch the highlights from the bucs game to illustrate what i mean. he is very unathletic and is a pathetic slob who can't hold his ground. centers and guards continually get to the second-level against our linebackers because ayodele can't tie them up at the LOS.

Demarcus Granger----granger was as good as Dan williams is at tennesse and has just as much talent. IF any of our starters at DT gets injured again we would not have to use pressley (who is more of a 5-tech in a 3-4) or hargrove to slide back inside. it would allow us to have some of the best depth in the league at DT and even better effectiveness. we could even pair granger with cody on early downs like the coaches did with dan williams and cody in the senior bowl. kendrick clancy wasn't even the athlete that granger is.

also, can you imagine what it would cost to sign a free agent with the talent of Cody, oghobaase or granger? we aren't even allowed to sign free-agents until we lose one according to the CBA.

JB and bushrod are restricted free agents and no one was interested in streif last year anyway. we re-signed streif to a 1-year 1.5 mil deal last year. we'll likely lock him up again. we don't have to worry about losing JB or bushrod until 2011 and by then he'll be older and will come at a much lower price.

bush isn't a free-agent. he is just due a really large extension that would tie us up alot cap-wise. word is drew brees is negotiating a new deal so that might ease the strain of the $8 mil option that bush is due at the end of the season.

i don't know exactly how much film that you've watch of weatherspoon but i've seen enough to realize that he is not as fast as you and many others here may think.

rey malaluga ran a 4.81 at the combine.

john beason ran a 4.72.

james laurenitis ran a 4.8

lance briggs ran a 4.75

after he times slow at the combine he is going to fall on alot of boards. from top 20 into the 25 to early second round picks. before it's all said and done i see him moving to middle linebacker in the pros. if he stays outside he could develop into a lance-brigg/beason type player.

we re-signed fujita for cheap a couple of years ago and we'll resign him even cheaper now at age 31 and after an injury plagued season. we already have arnoux who can play middle or Sam because he covers very well. Cassilas was rated every bit as highly by scouts as bowman before he got injured but he still backs up shanle. he also played well enough that you didn't know that shanle was even missing in the bucs game.

look at the linebackers that williams has brought into his system the last few years. arnoux, cassilas, rocky mcintosh, are all smallish guys with alot of speed.

lance moore has 3 catches for 11 yards in the playoffs
only 14 catches for 153 yards on the season and 2 TDs.

lance moore didn't see the field because of our improvement in the running game. even when he is healthy he doesn't get in as much because meachem is a better run blocker.

we went from #28 in rushing in 2008 to #6 in rushing this year. a big part of that was due to the blocking of colston and meachem.

meachem = 30lbs heavier than moore
colson = 40lbs heavier than moore.

henderson doesn't come off of the field much because he is our best deep threat.

moore isn't a very good run blocker and he is not as fast as henderson. that's why he hasn't had numbers this year.

im not going to waste my time arguing about David thomas' lack of blocking skills anymore. just ask pats fans how good of a blocker he is. :)
Old 02-08-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats boys and girls. You guys earned it. Enjoy it, its a great feeling and something you'll never forget.

Make sure you enjoy the moment while its here. Its just a great feeling and it only comes around so often. I'm happy for you guys, you deserved it.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geaux Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats for sure. Jabari for life!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Congrats for sure. Jabari for life!
He let me down, I thought he was gonna be the MVP :(. But we still won so who cares? :P
Old 02-08-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratz guys. Thanks for letting me be an honorary fan for the week. GEAUX SAINTS

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome game, congrats Saints fans!!

I hope you're all still celebrating.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay next year you guys will be last in NFC SOUTH!!

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Congratz guys. Thanks for letting me be an honorary fan for the week. GEAUX SAINTS
No problem, man. You're welcome on the bandwagon any time.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default S-T's 5 burning questions for the SuperBowl CHAMPS

Here are some of the more interesting topics we have going into the offseason, after an exciting year culminated with finally hoisting that trophy, It's time to see how we can improve the team for the future! Congrats guys, I love you!

1) Sedrick Ellis, and the "other" DT spot.

Sedrick Ellis has proven he is both powerful and athletic enough to handle either spot in our scheme, he can play the nose and he can be the penetrating UT.

When/if we address the DT spot, how should we approach it? Should we go BPA and fit Ellis to that guy? I think finding a huge NT ala a Pat Williams type would be best, and let Ellis be the UT, as he will be disruptive and still be one of the better run stuffing UT's in the league. What do you think?

2) The Backup QBs

Mark Brunell seems like a valuable presence on the team... as long as he doesn't play. Is Chase Daniels good enough to be that second guy on the depth chart that allows Brunell to function as basically another coach?

3) The Running backs

With Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell being FA's, and Bush being owed 8 million dollars, I don't think we are in a position to hang on to all 3 guys. It is looking more and more like Mike Bell is the odd man out, with his role steadily decreasing as the season went on and Thomas and Bush looking better and better, and also being able to fill the role of receiver and runner like the Saints love so much.

Pierre Thomas is a beast, and I'm hoping some team doesn't throw the house at him to steal him away.

Reggie Bush really ran stronger and stronger as the year went on, and I think he's finally turned the corner, he's a reliable runner that is churning out yards and moving the chains even without the big play, and he's protecting the ball better! He's turning into that player we knew he could, and health willing, he's only going to get better

I'd love to keep all 3, but I think Bell is the most easily replaceable, and Hamilton may already be able to fill that void.

What do you think will happen? What do you want to happen? Should we take a flier on someone like LeGarrette Blount late in the draft to fill that bruiser role?

4) What is our biggest need in the draft?

I personally think it is OLB, but could hear the argument for another DT(and these should probably be our top two picks, assuming some BPA guy drops that is too good to pass on)

A LB that can cover like Daryl Washington, or a Sean Weatherspoon could really take this D up a level, alleviating some of our weakness to TE's and backs in the flats. A run stuffing NT might make the whole team better.

I totally trust our scouting department and staff at this point, a big reason we are superbowl champs is the terrific drafting we've done thus far

Who do you like most at our draft spots(that is reasonable)?

5) What happens with Jammal Brown and Charles Grant?

We just lost our pro bowl LT and still won the title with a young guy from a small school!

I think getting Brown back would improve us immensely on the ground and passing the ball. We can leak the backs out more regularly and let Thomas and Bush carve up guys, and he's certainly a better run blocker than Bushrod, and our run blocking was so vastly improved this year, that it made me not even hate Stinchcomb and Goodwin anymore.

I'd love to have Charles Grant back for a smaller price, but that Bobby McCray signing looked much better after that, and Anthony Hargrove might be a star waiting to bloom, he just seems to flash so many good plays rushing the passer.

6) How awesome is this all?

Very awesome, I love it and I love you guys, I've never been this happy in my life. Granted I haven't had children or anything of that magnitude, but last night and today are the happiest I've ever been. I had the worst hangover in history and I was smiling as I puked thinking about how worth it was!

Can't wait for the victory parade tomorrow, should be one for the ages.

WHO DAT
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:56 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

1) Sedrick Ellis, and the "other" DT spot.

Put Ellis in the position to let him be the biggest playmaker he can be, so yes get a run stuffer to put next to him.

2) The Backup QBs

Brunell holds the ball good! But seriously I don't think Daniel is the answer to our long term backup QB thing. I'd like to see us get someone in the draft who just needsto develop for a few seasons.

3) The Running backs

I hate to say it, but Pierre will get a big payday, I just hope we get a hometown discount. Bell will be able to resign cheap. Now Reggie is the main question. I am pretty sure we are gonna give up the big cash dead weight (Grant and to a lesser problem Bush) So it looks like either he takes a cut to stay in the offense that makes him what he is, or go to a place that'll pay him and he underperforms?

4) What is our biggest need in the draft?

Look at my sig for my perfect Saints draft, thats after releasing Grant. We get Weatherspoon who will be a leader and will have the athleticism we haven't had in a starting OLB in awhile. Cody can be that run stuffer we was talking about. Goodwin didn't deserve to be a Pro Bowler, he just had the amazing OG combo in the NFL to help him out. Walton alongside Evans and Nicks would make me so happy, Also if Kris O Dowd next season from the 32nd pick ;)

5) What happens with Jammal Brown and Charles Grant?

Jamaal will get a HUGE payday, and I don't see us resigning him :/ Grant sorry but byebye!

6) How awesome is this all?

Amazing feeling. Ive had it easy only being a fan since 2002 but hey, I am so happy for every Saints fan!