Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 04-15-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So next seasons schedule is out, whats everyones thoughts?
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Spoon at 32 more than anything, or even moving up to get him, but I really don't see it happening, and I think he's going higher than most expect.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:54 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple of days old, bu Jason LaConfra or whatever his name is on the NFLN said the Cowboys are looking for a draft day trade for Jamaal Brown, most notably their 2nd and something. Thoughts?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:01 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Couple of days old, bu Jason LaConfra or whatever his name is on the NFLN said the Cowboys are looking for a draft day trade for Jamaal Brown, most notably their 2nd and something. Thoughts?
depends on the something, still would actually like to keep brown but if the value is right.
if it someone like marion barber its a big no for me but if they offer something nice defensive id take it in a heartbeat.

People keep saying saints need a running back but thats a big stack of bs to me

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
A 2nd and a LB or DT would be nice. I still like Carpenter I think he would fit well in a 4-3.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
depends on the something, still would actually like to keep brown but if the value is right.
if it someone like marion barber its a big no for me but if they offer something nice defensive id take it in a heartbeat.

People keep saying saints need a running back but thats a big stack of bs to me
I basically think the same thing, but I think we do somehow get another, because PT23 is only on a one year deal and Reggie is in his last year.... Kinda like how we did Darren Howard with the Manimal.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy Wilkerson signed to a 1 year deal. Staff doesnt want to draft a DEnd high apparently

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-20-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, so if DE isn't a draft issue and DT and LB still are, do you think they will take a RB, perhaps Gerhart in the 2nd and look at defense in the 1st and 3rd?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
OK, so if DE isn't a draft issue and DT and LB still are, do you think they will take a RB, perhaps Gerhart in the 2nd and look at defense in the 1st and 3rd?
I think they very well could, not in favour of it personally cuz I think its a good draft vor later round DEnds and the rotation is still very old but drafting a rb in the second or third could happen very well though and with the addition of another pass rusher it makes slightly more sense.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-20-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's what I have been thinking for a while now as you can tell from my first ideal mock which had Gerhart going to us. I think what we will do is tackle our two biggest needs with our first and second picks then in the 3rd go RB, especially if Gerhart is there, which I really think he could be.

One question I have, which more rhetorical than anything, is if we will draft two OLB's or just one? We have Stanley Arnoux that we drafted last year but he blew out his Achilles and I haven't heard anything about him since. He was a MLB when we drafted him but was projected towards the weakside.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 04-20-2010 at 12:28 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

the problem is that a torn achilles tendon is something that is really tough to recover from

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-20-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we will be playing the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day. I don't know about you guys but that makes me excited!

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-20-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Looks like we will be playing the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day. I don't know about you guys but that makes me excited!
Im already planing a road trip...

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

If we got Norwood, Spoon, and Austin Lane in the draft......
Old 04-21-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd feel very leary of trading a promising LT to a team in our conference that we could be facing in the NFC Championship Game. I'd like to get him out of the NFC if possible, but Dallas' 2nd rounder isn't even that high so I'd pass.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:21 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Can some people tell me more about Mr. Washington so I can be excited about him like others? I know he is fast but when I watched him a couple times he seemed soft, and hard to get away from blocks.

By the way, looks like I will be going to two Saints games this year, the Panthers at Carolina and the preseason at Titans!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanksgiving just got betteer by a factor of a bajillion.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can some people tell me more about Mr. Washington so I can be excited about him like others? I know he is fast but when I watched him a couple times he seemed soft, and hard to get away from blocks.

By the way, looks like I will be going to two Saints games this year, the Panthers at Carolina and the preseason at Titans!!!

He is a very nice hitter, is super instinctive and can sniff out plays fast. The best coverage LB in this draft.

He's smallish and might get engulfed by blockers, but if you free him up, he's a force, and would help out in the run and passing game, especially if we upgrade the nose.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofalcons10 View Post
basically what i said was that i think that we need

2 DTs, 1 TE, 1 WR, 1 LB.

we don't have to take a TE or a WR in the first Two rounds but i do think that we need more help there than you are willing to admit.

we are in the superbowl and only have two glaring needs on the team and they are: #2 DT and #3 DT. i don't see how anyone can look at how hargrove (270lbs), ayodele (who plays like he's 250), and pressley (who nobody thought good enough to steal from our PS) and say that we aren't getting totally blown off of the ball at the LOS in the middle.

how many demoralizing runs up the gut will it take to realize that we need a presence in the middle at Nose tackle. IF terrence cody is there at 32 we cannot pass on him for some linebacker Unless it's a ridiculous value like sergio kindle.

I even like Daryl washington very much but it think that Rennie curran would be an excellent pickup in the 3rd. he is 5'11 235 so i don't see him going any higher than the second and he may even fall to the 4th if you look at Stanley arnoux's slide last year. Thaddeus gibson is also very good in space and is a pretty good pass-rusher. again, a 3rd round possibility.

My ideal draft now that i've had time to break down more prospects would look something like this:

1) terrence cody--people say that he may eat himself out of the league in 5 years but the saints window of opportunity is now. we can't concern ourselves with 2016. our focus has to be 2010-2012 and the kid never missed a game at alabama because of his weight issues. Aaron gibson was a Guard and was asked to play all 3 Downs. cody will only be asked to play two.

2)Vince oghobaase--his upper-body reminds me of warren sapp but has very long legs like Kevin williams. he is better against the run than jared odrick because he gets better extension against guards to the inside. he even has a nice swim move to get past guards to the QB. he had 6 sacks a year ago and if cody is gone we might even look at him in the first.

3)Rennie Curran--a stanley arnoux clone that will give you lots of tackles and is as good as fujita in coverage and is very good at changing directions.

4)Jimmy Graham--This kid is a very raw route runner but would be a very good prospect to groom behind shockey. he could assume blocking duties at 6'6 260 until he learns how to fine tune his routes. he is fast, has long 35 inch arms (just like shockey) and 10 5/8in. hands.

he could eventually be as good as jeremy shockey or the TE's that i like in the first round.

6) Joe webb--He's not danario alexander but i like what i saw from the kid at the senior bowl. has colston size and speed, long arms and decent routes. scouts really like him as a possesion guy. he's bigger than lance moore and could give drew a second colston-like target within the first 5-10 yards.

7)Demarcus Granger--was kicked off of team for stealing a jacket and missed all of 2009 because of injuries but he could be a Carl nicks or anthony hargrove type steal for us at back up NT to replace kendrick Clancy.

*** i didn't mention DE because if we replace hargrove at DT then he could very likely slide back out to end.

well at least we got graham, right?:)
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

From what I have been hearing, don't be surprised if Charles Brown is our new LT and Jermon Bushrod is our new RT, if not this year then definitely next.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-25-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofalcons10 View Post
well at least we got graham, right?:)
Yeah, but sadly that's like saying "Hey, at least the Titanic made it to the iceberg."

Old 04-25-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, but sadly that's like saying "Hey, at least the Titanic made it to the iceberg."
don't worry. we picked up a few guys in free agency that are really gonna help the pass rush. like brown, wilkerson and galette.

in 2006 we waited until training camp to add fujita and shanle. there's still a lot of time to get a LB.
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
From what I have been hearing, don't be surprised if Charles Brown is our new LT and Jermon Bushrod is our new RT, if not this year then definitely next.

Interesting, I've never been a Stinchcomb fan, and Bushrod has hung with RDE's well enough.

What sort of value does Stinch have?
Old 04-25-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Interesting, I've never been a Stinchcomb fan, and Bushrod has hung with RDE's well enough.

What sort of value does Stinch have?
You make it sound like we might actually do something smart and make a trade. :P
Old 04-26-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Pick6TheSaintWay
Rookie

Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You make it sound like we might actually do something smart and make a trade. :P
Haha we gotta do something. Unless they are really high on the LB's we already have to replace Fujita, they have to be looking for a trade or possibly picking up someone who gets cut either soon or before the season starts. It just doesn't make sense to me that they put no effort into upgrading the position.
Pick6TheSaintWay is offline   Reply With Quote