Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

A.Thomas just got cut from the Pats.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
A.Thomas just got cut from the Pats.
We better bring him in...
Old 04-26-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John henderson and Clint ingram too.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
We better bring him in...
As per the statement he made, I don't think we will have any problem making him feel "wanted".

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chris hovan is expected was also released. michael clayton is on the trading block as well as julius jones.
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love for us to bring in John Henderson. He is the main guy I want that has been cut so far. Clint Ingram wouldn't be too shabby but he was never that impressive while in Jacksonville. As for Adalius Thomas, his best fit is in a 3-4. Sure, we could play him at end or SLB but I don't think his best attributes, which is improvising and rushing the passer, could best be utilizing in a 4-3. He's best used as a rushbacker in a 3-4.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams seems to want a passrusher at SLB, and Adalius is strong in coverage as well.

I really want John Henderson too though.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well as for one or the other (since we can only sign one I htink because the Last8 rule?) Who should we go for, AT or JH? My moneys for JH, but Mike Bell signing could be enough money for JH and the Fujita money enough for AT? If so, IF they somehow knew this all would play out like this, I would give the Saints draft a A. Our D would probably be the best in Saints history, ooking at the overall of the D, not just LB's :P Gregg Williams would have so many packages for certain situations I would never feel non confident.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They were both cut, we can sign them without the rule or whatever.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Orleans Saints visit with free agent linebacker Clint Ingram

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Its a start I guess. He has played for GW before so he should fit right in if we sign him.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Pick6TheSaintWay
Rookie

Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Any word on possibly bringing in Henderson?
Pick6TheSaintWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me Clint Ingram & John Henderson, trade Jammal Brown and call it an offseason for me.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Give me Clint Ingram & John Henderson, trade Jammal Brown and call it an offseason for me.
would you trade him for draftpicks or players?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preferably a combination of both. Not a lot of teams in play for trading for him anymore either so it's not as we have a lot of options like we did pre-draft.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

I just want to trade him so the Charles Brown pick isn't so bad to me.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

It wasn't a bad pick at all. It was absolutely great value and the J. Brown not being a Saint much longer has been on the wall for quite some time imo.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:59 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
It wasn't a bad pick at all. It was absolutely great value and the J. Brown not being a Saint much longer has been on the wall for quite some time imo.
Well we wouldn't be able to pay Bushrod and Brown at the same time, so we really might just let Jamaal walk next season if not traded :/
Old 04-30-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well we wouldn't be able to pay Bushrod and Brown at the same time, so we really might just let Jamaal walk next season if not traded :/
And get no value for him? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
And get no value for him? That doesn't make a lot of sense.
I think thats why they got Brown this year, to prepare for this... I know it sounds dumb, but if we don't trade him theres no way to pay both Bushrod and Brown next year, AND Reggie and PT23 and tag on Evans new deal and Brees and Nicks will probably want a new one too.... Too much wants for our team. But if we do let him walk I can definately see us getting a 3rd for just letting him go with one of those picks at the end of the round (brain fart on what its called)

BTW Does anyone think we will get one of those picks for letting Fujita walk and not signing anyone of importance?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think thats why they got Brown this year, to prepare for this... I know it sounds dumb, but if we don't trade him theres no way to pay both Bushrod and Brown next year, AND Reggie and PT23 and tag on Evans new deal and Brees and Nicks will probably want a new one too.... Too much wants for our team. But if we do let him walk I can definately see us getting a 3rd for just letting him go with one of those picks at the end of the round (brain fart on what its called)

BTW Does anyone think we will get one of those picks for letting Fujita walk and not signing anyone of importance?
I do not think they will give us a comp. pick for Fujita. Brown maybe. But I think we can get better value for him.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 05-01-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

"Sean Payton implicated in alleged Vicodin theft at Saints facility"

If this turns out to be true I will be heartbroken. I have a tone of respect for Sean.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ints-facility/

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 05-03-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

If keeps winning us Super Bowls, I couldn't careless.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Pick6TheSaintWay
Rookie

Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have been looking around but can't really get a solid answer. I know we all foresee it coming with the addition of Robinson in the draft but is a definite that Jenkins will be making the move to FS? I have to figure they would do it soon, but I haven't heard the Saints actually say that they are going to play him at Safety. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure.
Pick6TheSaintWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I personally think Jenkins could easily make it at CB. Most of his problems weren't related to beinng too slow, it was his over aggression IMO. I'd rather a guy that is too aggressive than passive though.

That said, he could be a beastly FS, so I'd be happy either way.