Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 05-07-2010, 03:25 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I personally think Jenkins could easily make it at CB. Most of his problems weren't related to beinng too slow, it was his over aggression IMO. I'd rather a guy that is too aggressive than passive though.

That said, he could be a beastly FS, so I'd be happy either way.
If Jenkins stays at CB that makes the P-Rob even worse.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Pick6TheSaintWay
Rookie

Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
If Jenkins stays at CB that makes the P-Rob even worse.
The Robinson pick is what made me believe that they were sold on moving Jenkins to Safety but they still haven't come out and said anything yet.
Pick6TheSaintWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick6TheSaintWay View Post
The Robinson pick is what made me believe that they were sold on moving Jenkins to Safety but they still haven't come out and said anything yet.
Because Sharper came back is the reason they havent officially moved him.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get over it, they took the best player available on their board, and it isn't like our CBs are that reliable anyway. Greer is pushing 30 and injury prone, and Tracy Porter is injury prone as well.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Get over it, they took the best player available on their board, and it isn't like our CBs are that reliable anyway. Greer is pushing 30 and injury prone, and Tracy Porter is injury prone as well.
How is this involved in what we are talking about? We are talking about if Jenkins is at CB or S this year...
Old 05-08-2010, 08:06 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't Madden, the team doesn't have to set a depth chart to say where a player is playing. Doesn't really matter if they say he's moving or not. Besides, nobody knows if he'll be worth a damn at safety until real practices begin.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
This isn't Madden, the team doesn't have to set a depth chart to say where a player is playing. Doesn't really matter if they say he's moving or not. Besides, nobody knows if he'll be worth a damn at safety until real practices begin.
Pretty sure I want to know, not for "madden" purposes, but if we have to rely on Randall *** or Usama Young more this upcoming season.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok, so IF he doesn't work at Safety then we have drafted two CB's in back-to-back years in the first round, along with one the year previous in the second round, and went out and paid top money to a free agent CB to come here as well as signing Randall Cool in FA. That's five CB's right there in 3 years. Forgive me if I don't see the logic in drafting two first round CB's when you already have three quality corners on the roster.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Ok, so IF he doesn't work at Safety then we have drafted two CB's in back-to-back years in the first round, along with one the year previous in the second round, and went out and paid top money to a free agent CB to come here as well as signing Randall Cool in FA. That's five CB's right there in 3 years. Forgive me if I don't see the logic in drafting two first round CB's when you already have three quality corners on the roster.
And Jason David.... can't forget him.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the injury issues we've had over that time span however, it doesn't make it a super-terrible set of picks, just ones that we see as "what could have waited".

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying I agree with the draft choices, just saying I don't expect them to announce every damn position move they make. Who knows if Jenkins can even play FS. I'd love for him to play there, I think he'd beast it there along with the rest of us. But I'm not gonna ***** at the FO for not annoucing
it to the world in May.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you see how our defense played when Greer & Porter were out? It nearly crippled us and we were lucky to win the STL & WAS games. Jenkins is already getting work at FS per Payton, and our team simply doesn't value LBs that much in the draft.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Pick6TheSaintWay
Rookie

Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I'm not saying I agree with the draft choices, just saying I don't expect them to announce every damn position move they make. Who knows if Jenkins can even play FS. I'd love for him to play there, I think he'd beast it there along with the rest of us. But I'm not gonna ***** at the FO for not annoucing
it to the world in May.
My bad dude, just like to stay updated on my Saints. So no they haven't said anything? Okay I'll just wait until I hear something some other time.
Pick6TheSaintWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Actually Payton did say in the Advocate today that Jenkins is gonna see work at safety this season.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 05-09-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Did you see how our defense played when Greer & Porter were out? It nearly crippled us and we were lucky to win the STL & WAS games. Jenkins is already getting work at FS per Payton, and our team simply doesn't value LBs that much in the draft.
it wasnt just greer and porter being out though, torrence, gai, ellis and fujita were out as well and if i remember correctly sharper was out for one of those games as well

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.saintsnation.blogspot.com/

Saints are looking to lock up RB Pierre Thomas, WR Lance Moore, and S Roman Harper long term.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-12-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.saintsnation.blogspot.com/

Saints are looking to lock up RB Pierre Thomas, WR Lance Moore, and S Roman Harper long term.
Thomas and Harper i understand but Moore only had that one some what monster of a season when everyone was hurt. I would think they would try to lock up some of their more key players.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

The Saints have signed WR Roy Hall to a one year deal

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...he-Saints.html

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-19-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

The Saints have signed LB Clint Ingram to a one year deal. I'll post the details once I find them.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-19-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
The Saints have signed LB Clint Ingram to a one year deal. I'll post the details once I find them.
I'll take it

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Loved that news when I got the tweet. Think it can become a very, very underrated signing for the upcoming season.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice signing

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see you guys signed Jason McKie.

I'm sorry.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I see you guys signed Jason McKie.

I'm sorry.
backup FB that probably will be cut or inactive anyway.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
backup FB that probably will be cut or inactive anyway.
my thoughts exactly.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter