Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 05-12-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2015 Jets Draft Prospects.

Forgive me for being "falsely" ambitious.

QB:

First Round, if Vick replaces Smith some time this season.:

1. Marcus Mariota, Junior.

--Top notch tools. Will play under center this year so that means he will be eligible for 2015 draft.

First 4 Rounds:

2. Connor Cook, Junior.
3. Kevin Hogan, Junior.

--Cook probably stays for senior campaign. Hogan is 50/50. Both have been in very good program with strong defense so it is difficult to know whether or not they are legit NFL QB.

4. Shane Carden, Senior.

-- Let's hope his height is well over 6 2. However, I am afraid he is more of closing to 6' tall. He has all tools to be an above average WCO qb. Maybe better prospect than Andy Dalton who went into 2nd round 4 drafts ago.

5. Sean Mannion, Senior.

-- Could be a first round lock if his skill set shows up in the senior campaign. Need a lot of works to fix his mechanic. Could be next Aaron Rodgers.

****I guess qb class would be weaker without Juniors coming out. Damn it.

LT:

1st Round, if Ferguson is projected to be released.:

1. Brandon Scherff, Senior.

--Typical Hawkeyes OL, powerful run blocker with so so pass protecting technique, Need to pay attention on his pass protection to be ensured fixable.

2. Cameron Irving, Senior.

-- Best package OT but he plays like an idiot. Maturity and game intelligence must be checked out before giving him a 1st round money.

3. La'el Collins, Senior.

-- He would be installed into G if he came out for last draft. He stayed for one more season to make 2 years at LT under his belt. 2 years worthy tape may cement his 1st round status.

4. Jake Fisher, Senior.

-- This video makes me want him more than anyone else. He has lite tools so weight and girth will be reviewed seriously.

****Imagine that junior OL and dark horse OL will come around to challenge those top 4. Plenty of options for Idzik as he could opt for two starting OTs. lol.

OLB:

First Round:

1. Trey Flowers, Senior.

--Watch out for this kid. Very fluid runner with good hand usage. Right now, he is unfinished prospect. Strong senior campaign could make him a number one pass rusher.

2. Shilique Calhoun, Junior.

-- Jadeveon Clowney flair? Mini-Clowney?

3. Randy Gregory, Senior.

--Just showed up last year. Not much of pass rushing moves other than one gap shooting. I don't think he is worth top 10 at the moment but 20ish would be perfect for Jets.

4. Charles Tapper, Junior.

--Relying on athleticism too much. No football smart indicated as of now.

5. Jordan Jenkins, Junior.

-- Dangerous qb harassment. You know how Georgia defense has been. Raw athleticism to show off but too immature game skill set. Tame him right and he becomes an ultimate pass rusher.

****I picked few of them for now. However, there are a lot of pass rushers that are too raw to be played during a rookie season.

Last edited by YotoJets007 : 05-12-2014 at 01:56 PM.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:59 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank God, I did it earlier because I have absolutely no idea who I should follow.

I am surprised at myself for not adding Jameis Winston to the qb first round portion.

I watched some UGA game but I did not see any excitement out of Jordan Jenkins in that game.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:07 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

AH... Gurley... He is definitely big NO NO for Jets. He runs too tall and will have hard time to break tackles against pro teams. Not sure about coaching him into a skillful RB at next level.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I tuned in when ECU is leading over VT, 21-0. I watched 2 out of 3 drives and that was it. Although Carden is a better qb prospect, he is no different from Tim Tebow. Barf!!

As usual, DSL speed fails me. whatever!
Old 09-28-2014, 12:22 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I watched OSU vs USC game to find out whether or not Mannion has improved. Oh man! Mannion should quit football and try for pitcher.

Three OSU I like are Senior FS Ryan Murphy, Redshirt Junior DB Larry Scott and Redshirt Junior RB Storm Woods. Woods suffered neck injury and concussion so that would be a major red flag for RB job.

If Antonio Allen shows something he can play CB for Rex Ryan then Murphy could be FS with Pryor at SS. If Allen moves back to S then Scott could be our CB. Hell, get both for depth.

I didn't pay any attention on USC because I have no interest in collecting USC talents although several players were outstanding.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:09 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Maybe it is silly or disturbing news about John Idzik Jr. on drafting WR in the first round.

I have no knowledge whether or not all of his positions had been involved draft strategy but I am sure he had been included due to part of front office jobs.

During being a part of front office of each teams, he worked for, he may never witness any 1st round WR taken.

Wiki said he worked for Buccaneers as AGM until 2004 and as SDFO for Cardinals beginning in 2004. As for that 2004 draft, both teams drafted WR in the first round. However, I found out that he joined with Cardinals in May and his GM Rich McKay ended his tenure with Buccaneers after 2003 season so it may be possible that Idzik never involved with either team's draft strategy game.

During Idzik's 3 years with Cardinals, Larry Fitzgerald registered 58 rec/780 y/8 td, 103/1409/10 and 69/946/6... He only made it on all pro once and he earned that status for 7 years in a row after Idzik leaving for Seahawks.

During final 3 years with Buccaneers, they had no 1st round pick twice (trading for Gruden I believe) and they had number one WR in Keyshawn Johnson.

Should we concern about missing out a stud WR in the first round this upcoming draft?

Last edited by YotoJets007 : 10-03-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:10 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I missed out on Jalen Strong and Amari Cooper but saw some action of Sammie Coates and Ty Montgomery.

Montgomery is not that good. Granted, it was raining condition but he tipped away too much so that Kyle Wilson would become number one CB. He did not play hard. He has been reputation for dangerous ball carrier but he showed nothing on soggy ground unfortunately. Basically, we have to get him involved to produce something therefore he is not a number one WR material.

Coates is fearless SOB. He got involved anywhere but due to his knee condition (probably 80 percent health) he saw light action to start off the game. At blocking, he engaged in with full effort in both passing and running. He has excellent concentration on football without worrying about defender harassing him. He made body catch several times but QB Marshall is 6 tall and his rocket trajectory reaches to chest level. He did show hands solid although he suffered through hands missing due to finding football at last minute. I noticed 2 problems. First one is Coates overran and stopped at the catching point waiting for football. Chemistry between Coates and Marshall is terrible comparing to Marshall-Duke Williams. Second is his routing skill. He only ran deep routes so I am not sure whether or not he can do all tree routes to be number one WR at next level. However, he has excellent work ethic.

Between Montgomery and Coates, Coates is my pick all the way. I hate change of pace WR like Harvin or Patterson. This will never work with Jets, period.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I saw some glimpse of Randy Gregory, Shilique Calhoun and Marcus Rush.

Gregory and Calhoun only offer body measurements.

Gregory is still new to pass rush. Need to use Anthony Barr to understand whether or not he can be coached up into a stud pass rusher. I saw few impressive open area tackles as he showed good hip turn and closing speed. He still offers no pass rushing moves.

Calhoun laid off plays too much. Once he is contained, he quit instantly. He offered a good timing off snap burst and that's it. Not to mention, TE handled Calhoun just fine. Need a serious coach to make it possible for him being a stud pass rusher.

Rush is a fun to watch. He broke OL well because he was able to play low for arc and bull rush. He had done good job at disengaging OL for attacking ballcarrier. I don't see any evidence that he has off snap quickness but he looked part as 3-4 OLB at next level. I would be very much pleasured if Jets got him as double dip OLB.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:01 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I missed games yesterday due to freaking D-Box problem. No further detailed necessary. lol.

For now, I rank several out of my head.

QB

Connor Cook, Michigan State - Possibly returning for senior
Marcus Mariota, Oregon - 1st Round I ain't a fan of.
Jameis Winston, Florida State - 1st Round I ain't a fan of.
Garrett Grayson, Colorado State - Legit day 2 prospect.
Taylor Kelly, Arizona State - Potential Day 3 steal.
Dak Prescott, Mississippi State - Good idea to stay with MSST.
Kevin Rodgers, Henderson State - Division 2 but check down ability and all throws.
Kevin Hogan, Stanford - Possibly returning for senior
Bryce Petty, Baylor - Worst big college prospect.

OLB

Randy Gregory - Size and Speed.
Shane Ray, Missouri - Limbs and Speed.
Hau'oli Jamora, Washington - Powerful but 2 ACLs.
Lorenzo Mauldin, Louisville - Hair Flair.
Lynden Trail, Norfolk State - Get cute with sexy small school trait.

WR

Amari Cooper, Alabama - Possibly more than possession but no Watkins.
Jaelen Strong, Arizona State - Tall Materials. Slow but smooth runner.
Sammie Coates, Auburn - Big and powerful body. Deep threat. No move skills.
Justin Hardy, East Carolina - Potential WCO star.
Tony Lippett, Michigan State - Saw him during checking Cook out. 50/50 shot.

OT

Andrus Peat, Stanford - Probably best all around LT.

umm.... Be Right Back Later.

Last edited by YotoJets007 : 11-05-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I had taped ASU vs Stanford game but Taylor Kelly did not play. Bollucks! Will check out Jaelen Strong to see if he has quickness.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I was able to pick up some glimpse of Jaelen Strong and Garrett Grayson.

Strong is basically a slow Randy Moss. He does not offer any explosiveness at all. He can make 2 or 3 moves to fool a defender.

Grayson has the River's Ugly delivery but his arm strength is plenty. Problem is Rivers is 6 5 and Grayson is slightly under 6 3.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:23 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Joe Gray of San Diego State and Jacoby Brissett of North Carolina State are intriguing for 2016 qb class if Jets opt not to draft a quarterback this year.

Gray just become a starter this year so hopefully, he gets strong senior campaign next year.

Brissett is big and strong but he needs to cut down long throwing process otherwise NFL defense eats him for breakfast.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:31 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

DeAndre Smelter, WR of Georgia Tech.

He was supposed to be 4.4 guy but I don't see his speed but I could think of big possession WR like Boldin or Crabtee. If he actually runs fast then he should be good for 2nd round price.

He could be the perfect WR to complement Decker (and Harvin). I don't like to see Decker to limit to short pass. Maybe it is due to his bum thigh/groin. I willingly pass on Amari Cooper for either top 5 OT or OLB with Smelter in 2nd.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YotoJets, you are AWESOME!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote