Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 10-29-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Come to think of it I could see this team trading Vilma and Pennington's contracts away perhaps even DRobs too...With Clemens 1st full year as starter I could see the FA putting money into protecting him...ie Alan Faneca LG and Stacy Andrews RT...Remember the Jets loved Andrews enough to perhaps trade for him in the offseason and now as a FA they could bring him in to at least have a younger version o fthe same version of the RT we have.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think we give Bender a shot to win a job, or sign one guy to a short-term contract and give him a shot to win it in a couple years? Or do you think he's just a career backup?

By the way, one bright spot from last game was a couple of catches by Brad Smith at wideout. With the injury to Stuckey and the fact that McCareins is terrible (though he's like a security blanket for Clemens, so if we start him we may be seeing more of him) he's kind of been thrust into the #3 wideout role and has made a couple plays. Hopefully he continues to develop, he could be a fantastic weapon for us in the future and eventually develop into one of the better all-around wideouts in the NFL IMO. Hopefully he continues to grow and improve, it's nice to see him get some play time. I mean if you think about it, he's learning a completely new position and most wideouts aren't great till their third year anyway. What he's done so far, learning so many positions and plays, some of them completely foreign to him, has been fantastic.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this offense has potential to be really special. Need help on the oline, but with that, and a switch to Clemens, you have all the pieces to be very good.

Perhaps a seam stretching TE is in the works? Id like to see more split backs looks. Leon Washington needs to see the field more period. Motion him out wide with Jones in the backfield.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think this offense has potential to be really special. Need help on the oline, but with that, and a switch to Clemens, you have all the pieces to be very good.

Perhaps a seam stretching TE is in the works? Id like to see more split backs looks. Leon Washington needs to see the field more period. Motion him out wide with Jones in the backfield.
Is there something that the OC sees that we as the fans don't? When we don't run the same plays twice in a row or have TJ 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage our backs can get things done. They can be an explosive combo and our oline has proven they can be a decent run blocking line and I don't see why when we are running so well we throw it 3 times in a row. I know ya gotta keep it honest, but when u run for a first down then throw on 1st and 2nd you can't expect a draw get a first down every time.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
Is there something that the OC sees that we as the fans don't? When we don't run the same plays twice in a row or have TJ 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage our backs can get things done. They can be an explosive combo and our oline has proven they can be a decent run blocking line and I don't see why when we are running so well we throw it 3 times in a row. I know ya gotta keep it honest, but when u run for a first down then throw on 1st and 2nd you can't expect a draw get a first down every time.
And not only that, but I think Washington has the speed and elusiveness to be your version of Reggie Bush. He shows it with his great returning ability. Teach the kid to be a hybrid, and line him up wide or in the backfield, and present matchup problems for the defense.

he's a special player. with better development i feel he can be even better. i really like the kid.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And not only that, but I think Washington has the speed and elusiveness to be your version of Reggie Bush. He shows it with his great returning ability. Teach the kid to be a hybrid, and line him up wide or in the backfield, and present matchup problems for the defense.

he's a special player. with better development i feel he can be even better. i really like the kid.
definately agree. It seems as though our OC is stuck in the idea becuase he is labeled as a tailback he has to line up as such and cannot be utilized in creative ways. Sean Payton based half is plays if not more on what reggie could do, whether that meant running fakes or flanking him out wide or lining him up in the slot etc., and i feel leon had almost a good a rookie year as reggie if not as good. Leon practically carried the running game on his back as a rookie, and showed if he gets the ball in space he can be a threat. We seem to have gone away from that a lot this year. I really hope that he gets more touches and is on the jets for a while.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I obviously agree, look back at all the old posts, I've said he should have started since day 1. Always been a Leon supporter.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

I love Leon but he should not be starting. Are you kidding me? He cant run between the tackles he is good for stretch plays, screens and going out for passes. He's a scat back and while he has been underutilized the point i agree with; he is not a starter.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Taken from rotoworld/new york daily..I beleive

I have always loved chad and what he has done for us, and I would hope someday he could come back and coach for the jets somehow, but I feel as a fan he should be given the opportunity to start for a different team if that is what he wants and there is a team willing to give him a chance.

"The Jets are expected try to trade Chad Pennington in the offseason.
Pennington is signed through 2011 and due $4.8 million in 2008 salary, but the deal he signed in March of 2006 saved the Jets from being on the hook for a large cap hit if they move him. We suspect Pennington, who will turn 32 next June, will be given a chance to compete to start for a team next year."

Old 10-30-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

good post...Possible Teams that may need a QB and pros and cons for pennington to possibly go there:

-Miami (If they want more time to groom Beck even though hes basically 30)
Pro: Experienced stop-gap which Cameron may look to save his HC career.
Con: Same division unrealistic

-Kansas City (Could be a better option to groove Croyle as opposed to Huard)
Pro: Knows Herm Edwards and has familiarity
Cons: Sign Huard to a deal and would prob rather try Croyle.

-Chicago (Need an experienced QB)
Pros: Perfect for there run first system with a great playaction
Cons: Let me know bc I cant think of any

-Detroit (In case Kitna situation gets rough contractually or play wise)
Pros: Hes better than Kitna
Cons: Kitna is playing well with the team and Chad doesnt fit martz system

-Green Bay (In case Brett Favre retires WHO KNOWS)
Pros: He would immediately become the best QB in the NFC North and would be a better transition from a great QB to a rookie starter
Cons: Hes the exact oppostie of Favre and I dont know how they feel about aaron rodgers and favre may never retire

-Minnesota (They just need a QB...funy that all NFC north teams on the list)
Pros: Brad Childress runs the west coast offense [short passes])
Cons: Again Let me know

-Atlanta (Mike Vick smell ya lata...who else is their QB?)
Pros: Need a QB in the worst way...squeeky clean instead of filthy vick. Bobby Petrino needs someone to save him.
Cons: Um he doesn't support dogfighting

-Carolina (Delhomme is injured and was before that supposedly on the hot seat)
Pros: Similiar to Delhomme but smarter...could utilize Smiths YAC ability like in NY with LC and JC
Cons: less arm than delhomme and may frustrate steve smith with production

-Tampa Bay (Jeff Garcia is 100 and Gruden likes smart VET QBs)
Pros: Reuinted with Paul Hackkett who knows what pennington can do in the west coast when he had his best years. Gruden won with Gannon, Johnson and is winning with Garcia none of which were or are touted for arm strength. Had no problem with bringing in 5 QBs to camp is Plummer had gone to them
Cons: They have Garcia and will only happen if he breaks down Gave up a pick for plummer and may not want to waste more (did they lose that?...taht would really suck)

Old 10-30-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

i think the best two spots would be with the bears and the vikings. The only thing i've heard with chicago is the wind, but the wind in the meaowlands is aweful at times, so I really do feel chad could do extremely well there. The vikings play in a dome, already a plus for chad. They have a great line, good defense and a run first mentality. Their offensive play calling makes herm edwards look like mike martz. The only thing that could hit a snag would be if they fire brad childress. Also, I heard Jeff george wants the vikings spot and hes 39, there is no way he gets chosen over chad. It'll be interesting to see the offers.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I agree. Big con with Chi-town is the wind. I have a feeling Chicago may try to go after a McNabb type this offseason, since the Eagles may need a change in direction like us (though they may be able to get more for McNabb). Plus it's his hometown. I think Minnesota is his most likely destination. I really don't see any downsides there. Wherever he goes I hope it's a good situation for him because he's a good guy and deserves to be in a better situation than this one.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

"The Jets revealed Wednesday that Laveranues Coles has a concussion.
Coles didn't practice at all Wednesday, which is a very bad sign for his chances to play Sunday vs. Washington. The Jets held S Erik Coleman out of one game earlier in the season due to a concussion, and will likely do the same with Coles. Brad Smith might start in his place if Coles can't go."

Not surprising, but still not good news. I think with clemens' second start he is gonna need all the help he can get and with coles out he is definately going to need jmac to step up. Mccareins let him down in the ravens game, so lets hope that he can make it up to him this weekend.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
"The Jets revealed Wednesday that Laveranues Coles has a concussion.
Coles didn't practice at all Wednesday, which is a very bad sign for his chances to play Sunday vs. Washington. The Jets held S Erik Coleman out of one game earlier in the season due to a concussion, and will likely do the same with Coles. Brad Smith might start in his place if Coles can't go."

Not surprising, but still not good news. I think with clemens' second start he is gonna need all the help he can get and with coles out he is definately going to need jmac to step up. Mccareins let him down in the ravens game, so lets hope that he can make it up to him this weekend.
Wow that's really bad news. Always figured it would eventually happen with Chad throwing balls up in the air that have the hang time of your average punt. Kind of ironic that it happened in what may be his last start for the Jets.

It will certainly be interesting to see what Smith does, if he continues to develop it could mean we won't need to select a #1 type early in an upcoming draft. Cotchery and Smith could be a good starting duo once Coles retires, and if Stuckey can stay healthy I think he'll be a great #3. If this is the case it might be worth taking a late round type as a fourth wideout, a guy with some good tools (height?) and perhaps from a small school, as opposed to needing a #1 type guy. Who knows.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin McCairains is the biggest piece of crap on the team. The guy constantly underachieves and blows it whenever he can make a play. The less he plays the better, this isn't the pre-season.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

Heres an interesting quote
Asked about the Jets' 1-7 record, former Jets LG Pete Kendall said: "I thought the Jets were going to have a very good football team again this year. I've seen probably three or four games and I haven't seen a game yet where the team looked overmatched or outplayed."

Basically Kendall told the media that we beat ourselves every week. Ive been talking about how were in every game and we havent been getting killed its a few things that need to be fixed. Hopefully we can make some of those now and ultimately make the team better than last year in the offseason.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

heres some more food for thought...for all of us who thought bender was just going to be a guard

"The Jets, who aren't happy with the play of their offensive line, have been giving rookie Jacob Bender reps at right tackle this week and he could receive some playing time there against the Redskins on Sunday.

Also, reserve guard Will Montgomery has been working at left guard and he too could be closing in on playing time as starter Adrien Clarke has struggled."
-Star Ledger

What this obviously says to me is that if the Jets organization in the offseason feels Bender is now a backup and needs time or is simply a backup they will attack the draft at the LG and RT positions. Unless of course they think its a good idea to pick up someone like Faneca in FA. This is good news moving forward bc it allows the team to use the picks at the beginning of the draft for BPAs (within reason obv) as RT and LG starters, who are good or at least better than we have, can be drafted in the late 2nd, 3rd or 4th...Case and point look at marshal yanda he was nowhere near the top of the draft and was picked later now hes starting at RT for the Ravens and is playing much better than clement is for us.

This excites me (I know OL exciting) as we'll have a better chance for a good young line in years to come which is a formula for success (this reminds me of the patriots OL draftings with mankins when people kinda just went WTF? they built up their line and it just gets better and will be good, barring injury for a long time). Hopefully we can do the same.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

In a little update to brads post above;

"Not only is rookie Jacob Bender in line to make his first NFL start, but also the Jets could have a new face at Jet-turned-Redskin Pete Kendall's old spot at left guard." The article later went on to say that will montgomery is most likely going to start at LG. I just hope that these two guys will be able to give enough protection to keep clemens healthy; I know he is a good playmaker on his feet, but I would rather not see him being knocked down all day. If these two can step up, like brad said, we know that we can adress those positions later in the draft to make for some competition, which allows us to go more of a bpa this year. Either way, we get to see 2 new starters for sure and hopefully a 3rd. Plus, I am planning on seeing a big big day from cotchery. It will also be interesting to see who gets the start; brad smith or jmac.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

No offense, but my name is not brad thats the format for my schools id. its the last 4 digits of my last name...Brady...Im sorry but i swear Ive been a huge jets fan my entire life (i was at my 1st game as we have season tickets when i was 5 months old) before that no talent ass clown tom brady started winning super bowls (ala office space). Call me brady if you like... anyway...

The scouting repot from scouts inc says that "Much of the ineffectiveness at the Jets quarterback position can be attributed to the pass protection. The Jets have been sacked 20 times thus far and it's likely that Schottenheimer will keep an extra player in to give Clemens time to scan a banged up Redskins' secondary." This kinda proves that although the move was inevitable and going to happen that Chad was playing with a lot of obstacles hopefully Will and Jacob will provide enough protection to keep kellen from making mistakes like he did against the ravens and bills and like chad did for various reasons...

Side note if you were to rate pennington as a starting QB 1-100 what would you give him for the career? Im going with an 86. Despite his physical iniquities I think he was and still can be effective in the right system. Aparently according to an interview Manning did before last years game against us Chads considered one of most respected QBs in terms of being a leader, running an offense and the no huddle as well as reading defenses (notice no physical attributes mentioned but still pretty good reference). it wasn't a mind blowing statement, kind of like was manning said about Brady this week. I just think things like that make Penningtons trade value higher than expected especially for a team like the vikings or bears that need a veteran QB.
But let me know what your ratings are...

Also anybody got some infor on our new LG

maybe theyll be nasty and we wont have to draft any OLmen....hahaha DOUBT IT!

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 11-04-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Clemens looked like a Pro today. I'm really excited with him on our team. Our WR's did their best to make him look bad, but he still played tough. Very impressed.

Leon is Leon.

Dewayne sucks, NT is starting to more and more seem like a first round need, or DE such as Chris Long, we NEED someone to stop the run.

Harris is outstanding.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harris now has 41 tackles in his first 2 starts with 24 more today. Although the Redskins ran all over your D. Still though...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Offense stalled in regards to getting scores after the first. Seems to be a common problem, although we were having a good drive until that fumble.

Harris and Clemens played very well. That loss was so disappointing. I missed the 1st and watched the rest, was disappointed I didn't get to see the Jets score until the last few seconds of the 4th.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dline NEEDS to be addressed this offseason. I want that prototypical 6'2''340 run clogger NT soo bad. They grow on trees, dont they?
Old 11-04-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
Dline NEEDS to be addressed this offseason. I want that prototypical 6'2''340 run clogger NT soo bad. They grow on trees, dont they?
haha yaa, well atleast you don't actually beleive it. I can't tell you how many times i have been on other forums where the posters are actually getting angry that our FO is just completely neglecting our team by not getting an elite NT. Like they say god if the FO doesn't pick up a 6'2 330+ NT that can clog all the lanes and a pass rushing OLB that can put constant pressure on the QB. It's pretty much like saying if our FO doesn't find a barry sanders im gonna be pissed. Anyways, i hated the ending of our game today but I did enjoy the way clemens played.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I think a big issue our team needs to work on is our ability to finish games. We've been in games late, and just unable to pull out the win. I'm not sure if it's the team's mentality, the coaches, or conditioning issues (perhaps the coaches focus too much on conditioning and the team gets worn down late in games because they're so tired from practice that week?) but it needs to get worked out.

Out of the 8 games we have lost, only three of them have been by multiple scores.

New England 38-14 where we lost to perhaps the best team in the league and were within 2 touchdowns going into the fourth quarter, and late into the first half we were tied at 7 (they scored a TD with less than 2 minutes left). That was our biggest loss so far, and again was to perhaps the best team in the league.

We lost to the Giants by 11, and were up by 10 at halftime, and up 10 until right before the third quarter ended where the Giants scored a TD and cut our lead to 3. So we went into the fourth quarter with the lead, gave up two touchdowns (Plax's big one down the sideline and Ross's pick 6) and lost by 11. This game we could have, and probably should have won.

The other game was the Buffalo game when we were within a field goal and Elam knocked Revis off the ball leading to a long Lee Evans touchdown, and a loss by 10.

And then the games we lost by our smallest margins, 7 or less.

Baltimore week 2, two missed touchdown catches by McCareins and one by Coles that would have sent the game to overtime lead to a loss by a touchdown.

Week 4 at Buffalo, in the midst of a late drive down 3 after an earlier drive to put the game within a field goal, Chad throws a crucial interception on the sideline close to field goal range and we lose by 3.

Week 6 against Philly, the 75 yard Kevin Curtis touchdown off a missed tackle early was the difference in a 7 point loss. Poor playcalling from second (or was it third) and 1 on from inside the 5 leads to missing an opportunity to score a touchdown that would have sent the game to overtime.

Against Cincy week 7, up 10 at the half and 13 early in the third quarter. Three straight Cincy touchdowns, one in the third and two in the fourth, put the Bengals on top by 7. Chad's pick 6 to Jonathan Joseph puts them up 14, and a Hail Mary brought down by Cotchery ends the game down 7. But had the pick 6 been prevented, we had an opportunity (albeit unlikely very late in the game) to drive down the field and tie the game up and send it to overtime. But beyond that, up 13 in the second half and 6 going into the fourth quarter, we should have won the game. Three touchdowns after being up 13, our defense had put our offense in a very bad position. Just an ugly game.

And then last week against Washington. Up 14 in the second quarter, and 8 at the half, we give up a third quarter field goal and an early fourth quarter touchdown that puts Washingon up by 3. We then manage to tie the game late and send it to overtime, but can't finish it from there. Again, up or close late, and we actually sent it to OT this time, but it wasn't enough.

Finally, a bit of a nail in the coffin for me is our scoring differential in the first half, second half, and fourth quarter (obviously our differential is 0-3 in favor of opponents in overtime).

In the first half we are actually outscoring our opponents 91-80. We have led at the half 4 of our 9 games, and been tied twice, both against Buffalo (0-0 and 3-3), meaning we were only losing at the half 3 times, the New England game, the Baltimore game, and the Philly game.

On the other hand, in the second half we have gone into games with fourth quarter leads four times (one win against Miami), and were tied twice against Buffalo. We have only been losing three times going into the fourth quarter.

Our second half scoring differential is 134-58 in favor of opponents, and our fourth quarter scoring differential is 90-38 in favor of opponents. These are ugly differentials. In the fourth quarter we give up the bulk of our second half points, more than 2/3, and we score about 2/3 more as well. But opponents are scoring significanly more than us in the second half, especially the fourth quarter. We need to do something to fix this problem, because it is a big one.