Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 12-02-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wrote I was going nuts when B Thomas got the sack...then I edited it when we settled for the field goal I hate field goals so much it reminds me of DARE I SAY HIS NAME

PAUL HACKETT

Just thought you guys would appreciate this Notice the Jets are 1 pt underdogs and there's that funny * thing on the monday night game...

http://www.nypost.com/img/sports/betting/postline.gif

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TJ got his first touchdown of the season!
Old 12-02-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

810 yards later with no OL TJ finally gets 1 TD

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 12-02-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
I wrote I was going nuts when B Thomas got the sack...then I edited it when we settled for the field goal I hate field goals so much it reminds me of DARE I SAY HIS NAME

PAUL HACKETT
Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh. If you say his name, he might appear.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Hackett came back I think I'd cry. I'd also wonder why I ever picked the Jets to be my favorite team in the first place.

Anyways to the game, how has Mosely looked? I see he has a sack and a FF, three solo tackles. Is he playing inside or outside? Potential starter or just pulling off a couple of sacks here and there?

Edit: Also, after todays game, and I know it's agaisnt the Dolphins but still, if we're sitting around 5 and McFadden is there and we don't deal down to a team like the Cowboys and address the OL, front 7, and WR I'll be unbelievably disappointed.

Last edited by derza222 : 12-02-2007 at 02:55 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I agree with the field goals, but whenever you score 30 unanswered points you can't be upset. And,I really only seeing us winning 1 more game this season, but ya never know. I see miami, new england, oakland and atlanta picking before us. I have a feeling one of them may go for mcfadden.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
I agree with the field goals, but whenever you score 30 unanswered points you can't be upset. And,I really only seeing us winning 1 more game this season, but ya never know. I see miami, new england, oakland and atlanta picking before us. I have a feeling one of them may go for mcfadden.
I definitely agree with you on the one more win count. At least our defense has played a nice game, really allowed only 6 points and 5 turnovers. And ugh it's so depressing to see the Pats picking ahead of us. Freakin 49ers...
Old 12-02-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

Im not too pissed but if we kept settling for FGs I would have been. And I completely agree about not picking McFadden

Old 12-02-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did Harris have today, 8 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF, and 1 FR? And yet Willis will win rookie of the week again because he had another like 18 tackles today or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
What did Harris have today, 8 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF, and 1 FR? And yet Willis will win rookie of the week again because he had another like 18 tackles today or so.
Yaa, those are roughly the stats I beleive. I know, it seems to me that Harris is making more impact plays than willis. Both have the unfortunate pleasure of playing on a not so great defense and thus rack up the tackles. I havn't seen the 9ers play that much, so I can only speak from what I have seen. I think harris and willis are neck and neck in the DROY and i'm excited to see how the rest of the season turns out for them. Both have very promising futures.

Edit: I can only hope that if we have the ability to take mcfadden and a trade is possible we take it.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 12-02-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

I hate Jason Taylor...
"They [stink] too," Taylor said. "They beat us. They'll go home happy, and their fans will be happy that they got three wins this year."

Id definitely say we're a lot better than the Dolphins and while the record is what matters (at 3-9 we do suck in that respect but) we do have potential whereas the Dolphins seem lost a lot of the time and have even less threats than us on O and D. I know they play people close too but today wasnt close and I just dont understand the justification for such a statement. Also the Jets have now won their last 4 against the Dolphins and 16 of the last 20 (not that has any bearing on the talent of these teams bc theyre historical stats but thats some comfort in a bad season)

I know he hates us especially after the monday night miracle (when fans were jeering him at halftime and then he pointed to the scoreboard adn then they threw gatorade at him after the game and pointed at the scoreboard when he passed them) but still you're 0-12 and have lost 15 straight dating back to last year you have no right to talk about another team as sucking especially when they just beat you by 27. What does that say about your team? Sometimes I wonder if people ever think about what comes out of their mouth.

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 12-02-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
I hate Jason Taylor...
"They [stink] too," Taylor said. "They beat us. They'll go home happy, and their fans will be happy that they got three wins this year."
Someone needs to give Jason Taylor an ice cream cone so he'll stop crying every time the Dolphins lose to the Jets.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Someone needs to give Jason Taylor an ice cream cone so he'll stop crying every time the Dolphins lose to the Jets.
Yaa, I really can't stand the guy. You'd think after 10+ years in the league he would mature and stop bein such a baby, but I won't be surprised to see the pats go after him and zach thomas when the time comes. I can't imagine the type of trash that he would talk.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Harris is a monster.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
David Harris is a monster.
And to think, he is only a rookie with less than half a season of starts under his belt. I tell ya what, Mangini and Co. definately hit the nail on the head with revis and harris this year.

Also, the thing i keep forgetting is that Revis missed all of training camp due to a holdout, so he is just getting into his midseason form as far as being comfortable with playing in the NFL etc.

The monster play of Harris has once again shown that he is the superior 3-4 player compared to Vilma. I am eagerly waiting to see the type of surgery he had and if there are any potential suitors for him this offseason. I say this, because he is coming upon his free agent year and I doubt the Jets will put a big contract extension in for a player who doesn't fit the system. Has anybody heard anything about his injury or potential teams that want him?

Old 12-02-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

How about that INT by Rhodes! That was an awesome pick.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
How about that INT by Rhodes! That was an awesome pick.
Yes it most definately was, he read beck all the way. He is also an incredible athlete and shows that when we get solid corner play he can make plays all over the field.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
And to think, he is only a rookie with less than half a season of starts under his belt. I tell ya what, Mangini and Co. definately hit the nail on the head with revis and harris this year.

Also, the thing i keep forgetting is that Revis missed all of training camp due to a holdout, so he is just getting into his midseason form as far as being comfortable with playing in the NFL etc.

The monster play of Harris has once again shown that he is the superior 3-4 player compared to Vilma. I am eagerly waiting to see the type of surgery he had and if there are any potential suitors for him this offseason. I say this, because he is coming upon his free agent year and I doubt the Jets will put a big contract extension in for a player who doesn't fit the system. Has anybody heard anything about his injury or potential teams that want him?
Just a hunch, I think the Lions could be a team that we play lets make a deal with. There were rumors of the Lions and Jets making a deal last season, and I'd have to think they're still interested. Plus they'll be picking around 20, which could be somewhere around where he's valued. Maybe we'd have to throw a later pick back at them, maybe not, but I think Vilma going to the Lions is definitely a realistic possibility.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After thinking about it, I really want to see how Harris and Vilma play together. When Vilma was playing it was always with Barton, I think that alongside Harris it could definetly be a better situation. Although we might not see it happen

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes it most definately was, he read beck all the way. He is also an incredible athlete and shows that when we get solid corner play he can make plays all over the field.
I think if we got a good coverage safety and a guy that's good preventing the big play Rhodes could have even more flexibility to run all over the place and make plays. Not something I think we go after this year, but down the road I think that would be a very nice piece to add to our defense once we have a lot less needs in the front 7. Sort of similar to the ILB situation in that we can wait awhile to address it, though ILB is a bit more of a need for the future in that Barton will eventually be older and probably lose a step.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I think if we got a good coverage safety and a guy that's good preventing the big play Rhodes could have even more flexibility to run all over the place and make plays. Not something I think we go after this year, but down the road I think that would be a very nice piece to add to our defense once we have a lot less needs in the front 7. Sort of similar to the ILB situation in that we can wait awhile to address it, though ILB is a bit more of a need for the future in that Barton will eventually be older and probably lose a step.
That would be absolutely beautiful; once mangini has his players in position he will be able to do some very creative things. Once we have solid players on the field in the NT, DE and OLB positions we will be able to do some very interesting things with Rhodes and Revis.

The only way I can see Vilma staying is if we really enhance our dline this offseason. If that happens then his playmaking abilities could come back and he may want to stay. But, all the rumors you hear about him not wanting to play in this defense or for this team I have a feeling he might be gone and we'll get nothing in return. These are just rumors, but generally where theres smoke theres some sort of fire. Regardless, we do have a few young important pieces on our defense that aren't going anyhwere anytime soon.

I personally would rather move Drob than Vilma, but we'll see if his somewhat resurgant play these past couple weeks will convince a 4-3 team to invest in him.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

David Harris 91 tackles 66 solo 25 assisted 3 sacks
All team highs except sacks 2nd to DROB AND ELLIS W 4. AND HES PLAYED A LITTLE MORE THAN HALF THE SEASON

Old 12-03-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes it most definately was, he read beck all the way.
And don't forget his brand new ability to teleport. Because he just came out of nowhere (at least the way it looked on television) to make that interception.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
And don't forget his brand new ability to teleport. Because he just came out of nowhere (at least the way it looked on television) to make that interception.
Haha ya that is a pretty sweet new skill. Also, Bryan thomas layed one of the hardest hits on beck that i've seen from a jet this year.

And to add to Brady's showing of David Harris' stats;

Darrelle Revis; 72 tackles, 61 solo, 11 assists, 2 int and 1 FF

2nd in Total tackles and solo tackles. Tied for second in ints behind only Kerry Rhodes.

Even if our draft only results in these two guys it will still be considered a success. I am still anxious to see what type of player chansi stuckey can be.

Edit; Also, seing the maturity of mario williams and his presence on the field, I wonder when the next physical freak of nature DE will come along.

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 12-03-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha ya that is a pretty sweet new skill. Also, Bryan thomas layed one of the hardest hits on beck that i've seen from a jet this year.

And to add to Brady's showing of David Harris' stats;

Darrelle Revis; 72 tackles, 61 solo, 11 assists, 2 int and 1 FF

2nd in Total tackles and solo tackles. Tied for second in ints behind only Kerry Rhodes.

Even if our draft only results in these two guys it will still be considered a success. I am still anxious to see what type of player chansi stuckey can be.

Edit; Also, seing the maturity of mario williams and his presence on the field, I wonder when the next physical freak of nature DE will come along.
Don't forget Revis' 14 passes defensed, which ties him for the rookie lead with Leon Hall and Tanard Jackson. You guys got two stars in the making in Harris and Revis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote