Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 12-10-2006, 06:33 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

just got back from the game.......

this loss hurt the most of the year, especially because everything fell so well in the standings. There literally were no positives that came from this game.

The turning point of the game was early in the 2nd half when Mangini decided not to go for it on 4th down, on the 35 yrd line- stupid decision.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

anyone agree that we got outcoached today? The playcalling was terrible. D'Brick played horrendous also. We really need a playmaker.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:11 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog
anyone agree that we got outcoached today? The playcalling was terrible. D'Brick played horrendous also. We really need a playmaker.
we have playmakers, coles, cotch, leon, brad----

we have no QB that can give them an opportunity to make plays

^^Sig From Nvot9
Old 12-10-2006, 09:36 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Even though we sucked today, I noticed we finally moved up Wallace Wright! I said at training camp that he looked good and he has finally worked his way up to the active roster. He is #15 and looked good on Kickoffs. He would always be the first guy down there and force him to the outside where he would be tackled immediately. If he ends up being amazing, I better get a medal

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Dbrick been this year, just curious because schobel owned today.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:24 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S
It's weird, he has actually been improving greatly and the whole o-line has been unbelievable the past few games--i guess he just had a bad game, although Pennington holds the ball for too long

^^Sig From Nvot9
Old 12-10-2006, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
Quote:
It's weird, he has actually been improving greatly and the whole o-line has been unbelievable the past few games--i guess he just had a bad game, although Pennington holds the ball for too long
I live in the city and it was funny because all my friends were talking up Dbrick and I told them that Schobel is damn good and that they may be overrating a 1st year LT. I would assume that he has his ups and downs
Old 12-11-2006, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetvilma51
im goin to my first game of the year for me, i usually go to a couple a year but i havnt had time this year. But this is a must win for us, if we want to make a playoff run its gotta start here
I went to the game too, where were you sitting?
Old 12-11-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I live in the city and it was funny because all my friends were talking up Dbrick and I told them that Schobel is damn good and that they may be overrating a 1st year LT. I would assume that he has his ups and downs
Where in the city?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:14 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

It is a real shame that Pennington is holding our team down a little bit- we got potential on offense. I dont hate Pennington, but he's best suited on a team like the Bears where u just hafta be average and not make mistakes and the defense will do the rest. The Jets are not that team. This is what I am proposing, and it may be a little out of the box:

We trade Clemens and our 1st for Marc Bulger (who seems to be a little unhappy in StL)
-this guy would be great for the Jets and I love the way he has played this year.

I know most likely it won't happen, but I think if we're going to make a serious run to the Superbowl in the next 3 years it won't be with Pennington or Clemens.

^^Sig From Nvot9
Old 12-12-2006, 01:07 AM    (permalink
disgruntledjetsfan
Rookie

disgruntledjetsfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
It is a real shame that Pennington is holding our team down a little bit- we got potential on offense. I dont hate Pennington, but he's best suited on a team like the Bears where u just hafta be average and not make mistakes and the defense will do the rest. The Jets are not that team. This is what I am proposing, and it may be a little out of the box:

We trade Clemens and our 1st for Marc Bulger (who seems to be a little unhappy in StL)
-this guy would be great for the Jets and I love the way he has played this year.

I know most likely it won't happen, but I think if we're going to make a serious run to the Superbowl in the next 3 years it won't be with Pennington or Clemens.
That would be seriously overpaying for Marc Bulger. He is a good QB, but common, that's ridiculous.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:13 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Maybe Clemens and a 2nd, that thats probably too much also

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Clemens and a first for Bulger would be terrible. First of there are only 3 players who I can think of that were traded soley for a first round pick, which were Branch, Moss, and Abe.

Ontop of that giving a second rounder QB would be ridiculous.
Moving on.....

Clemens actually is now offically our #2 QB over Ramsey. So that pretty much seals the deal that he won't be with us next year. Also, I believe Barlow is due to make 3.2 million if he stays with us, but reports are that he won't be with us next year either.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:46 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about David Carr? I would like to see what he can too playing for a team that isn't a top 5 pick every year.

Would any of you want him on the jets?

Sig by Me
Old 12-12-2006, 02:49 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128
What do you guys think about David Carr? I would like to see what he can too playing for a team that isn't a top 5 pick every year.

Would any of you want him on the jets?
He could be one of those instances where change in setting would help to show the player people expected of him when he was drafted as high as he was.

I think getting him however is completely out of the question. Pennington will remain our starting QB for the time being and when his time is over, we invested a high draft pick in Clemens, who might some day have the opportunity to start.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:48 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

I think the only positive that came from this week was the continued stellar play (at least in pass rush) by our OLBs (Hobson and Thomas). Also Barton played pretty well. Our biggest need on defense, is adding a big body in the middle, and potentially moving Dewayne to Kimo's spot. I like the LBs, and Vilma is too talented not to improve his play, I'm not that worried about him.

^^Sig From Nvot9
Old 12-12-2006, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Naked Jehuty

Quote:
I think the only positive that came from this week was the continued stellar play (at least in pass rush) by our OLBs (Hobson and Thomas). Also Barton played pretty well. Our biggest need on defense, is adding a big body in the middle, and potentially moving Dewayne to Kimo's spot. I like the LBs, and Vilma is too talented not to improve his play, I'm not that worried about him.
It may be the fact we dont have a dominant but either way, Vilma is underachieving. He doesn't have ANY sacks and ONE interception. Im a huge fan of Vilma, but thats horrible for one of our top (supposely) defensive playmakers.

(BTW- does anybody else thinks Rhodes deserves to be in the pro bowl but probably won't make it?)
Old 12-12-2006, 08:00 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gang Green
Quote:
im goin to my first game of the year for me, i usually go to a couple a year but i havnt had time this year. But this is a must win for us, if we want to make a playoff run its gotta start here
I went to the game too, where were you sitting?
section 207, its the middle blue part, you??
Old 12-12-2006, 08:34 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really see no point to getting Bulger or Carr to be perfectly honest with Clemens waiting in the wings, and that would be overpaying a ton for Bulger if we did decide to pull off the deal (which we won't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Jehuty
Quote:
It may be the fact we dont have a dominant but either way, Vilma is underachieving. He doesn't have ANY sacks and ONE interception. Im a huge fan of Vilma, but thats horrible for one of our top (supposely) defensive playmakers.

(BTW- does anybody else thinks Rhodes deserves to be in the pro bowl but probably won't make it?)
Yes.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:39 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
I really see no point to getting Bulger or Carr to be perfectly honest with Clemens waiting in the wings, and that would be overpaying a ton for Bulger if we did decide to pull off the deal (which we won't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Jehuty
Quote:

Yes.
Definetly

Sig by Me
Old 12-13-2006, 05:39 AM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

I heard that if we lose any more games, we will see Clemons as our QB for the remainder of the season.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I heard that if we lose any more games, we will see Clemons as our QB for the remainder of the season.
nice, but truthfully i think he should have went in along time ago
Old 12-13-2006, 02:32 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
nice, but truthfully i think he should have went in along time ago
guys, we have this conversation everytime Pennington has a bad game, however after the GB game no1 seemed to be saying this. There is no way Pennington will be sat this year after all that he's gone through to come back. Next year is looking pretty doubtful too based on the way he practices and works in training camp.

Put the Clemens rumors down until Pennington struggles really badly NEXT SEASON

^^Sig From Nvot9
Old 12-13-2006, 03:10 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity where'd you hear that. I don't know if I'd mind, Clemens is the QB of the future and if Mangini thinks he's ready I guess I'm all for it who am I to doubt him. Just curious where you heard that.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:
Just out of curiosity where'd you hear that. I don't know if I'd mind, Clemens is the QB of the future and if Mangini thinks he's ready I guess I'm all for it who am I to doubt him. Just curious where you heard that.
It was in a little caption in the power rankings on yahoo.