Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 12-15-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

CannedToast hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Jets vs NE the new biggest rivalry in the NFL? what do u think?
Maybe if we were good.
CannedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

it was made public Shaun Rogers of the Lions is on the block. The Lions dont like him and he apparently hates the city of Detroit. Do we trade Vilma for him. he's 63 340 and if he plays up to 70% of potential at 28 he could help us alot as a NT. hes about anj inch talller than id like but his size is good enough for him to play NT at 66

I love him despite the one injury year and the haters. hes massive and a younger upgrade unlike some of our other options like sam adams

What do you all think?

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
it was made public Shaun Rogers of the Lions is on the block. The Lions dont like him and he apparently hates the city of Detroit. Do we trade Vilma for him. he's 63 340 and if he plays up to 70% of potential at 28 he could help us alot as a NT. hes about anj inch talller than id like but his size is good enough for him to play NT at 66

I love him despite the one injury year and the haters. hes massive and a younger upgrade unlike some of our other options like sam adams

What do you all think?
I'd deal Vilma for him and a pick somewhere. Third, fourth maybe. I think Vilma as a leader and an overachiever and elite player for his position is worth more than Rogers even coming off the injury. Plus we'd have leverage. I'd definitely look into it, hopefully playing in a city he enjoys will help him out on the field, he's certainly unbelievably talented and really always has been. And at this point Vilma isn't worth much to us anyway. What's his contract status? Certainly worth looking into.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post

What do you all think?
If it included an extra pick possibly a conditional pick if he plays x-amount of snaps next year, i would definately do it. In a heart beat. I think if he is willing to play for mangini and by his rules, i think mangini could light quite the fire under his a*ss. With gholston in the first and Shaun rogers playing the middle our defense could make the jump to a top half the league instead of the bottom half. Encase you couldn't tell, I am all for it.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedToast View Post
Maybe if we were good.
I still think it's a great rivalry, although i share your sentiment about not being good, Army Navy is still considered to be one of the best rivalries and Army is pitiful. Hopefully we rebound next year and give them some better games. Can't wait for tommorrows game!

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Old 12-16-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

It's saturday night, and I have been studying all day and will continue to do so. Hopefully I have sacrificed enough so I can sit down and relax and enjoy a possible upset or at the very least not a blow out.

Looking back, our first page of this thread came during the week the Jets beat the Patriots.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
It's saturday night, and I have been studying all day and will continue to do so. Hopefully I have sacrificed enough so I can sit down and relax and enjoy a possible upset or at the very least not a blow out.

Looking back, our first page of this thread came during the week the Jets beat the Patriots.
Man i feel ya, i had the same thing last weekend when i was studyin for finals. I had to watch the game on sopcast. But, tommorrow im heading to my uncles and watchin it on his 60 inch HDTV. The thing basically has everything except a hole for your *&*^ haha. Anyways, i hope the snow keeps up down their in boston, because I am tired of all the negative press the jets are getting from the spin artists in the news. Especially the ones saying how mangini is a rat and deserves to be humiliated... Cannot wait for this game tommorrow.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

<========
<======== EXTREMELY jealous
<========

I've been watching the games all this year on my laptop screen, since I go to school out of state.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get to watch all that many Jets games, but how's Darrelle Revis progressing?
Old 12-16-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I don't get to watch all that many Jets games, but how's Darrelle Revis progressing?
Very well, you can tell he is deserving of the 14th pick. I will have to say, that one thing mangini and tannenbaum are very good at is preparing for the draft.

He started out in the slot, which he never played, so therefore he struggled a bit early. However, after a while he was moved to starting CB and has played extremely well. He is good in coverage; shows good isntincts, good recovery speed and is a great tackler (i beleive he is 2nd overall on the team). Despite his two picks, he really needs to hit the jugs machine, becuase he has had a few balls hit him right in his chest that should have been pick 6's. But, that is the problem with a lot of defensive players. Anyways, I fully beleive that after this year when he has an entire offseason and training camp (he didn't attend this one due to the holdout) he will play immensely better.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
<========
<======== EXTREMELY jealous
<========

I've been watching the games all this year on my laptop screen, since I go to school out of state.
<============

Extremely jealous of both of you. I'm out of state and don't have the Slingbox (might be getting one though, thanks for the suggestion AlexDown) so I've seen maybe 2 or 3 full games and bits and pieces of others. It's been a rough season.

Anyways, I'm just hoping we keep it close and it's a good football game. I think Clemens' ability to manage the game and not turn the ball over is huge. If he can do that and our defense manages to get a couple turnovers I think it's going to be a close one. Hopefully our run defense comes ready to play too, because I think we're getting a heavy dose of Maroney today as well.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Default Weather For The Game!!!!

Sorry for the double post, but this deserved its own spot.

Wendi Nix of ESPN reports that the weather at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough "is an absolute mess."

The tarp is still on the field less than two hours before kickoff between the Jets and Patriots. Snow and what The Weather Channel reports could be 35 MPH winds will lessen the Patriots' chances of putting up their usually explosive numbers offensively, and could specifically put a big hit on Tom Brady's fantasy value.

God i hope we can just run the ball down their throats and win this game. Kellen cannot and i repeat cannot turn the ball over like Feeley and Boller if we want a shot to win this game.

The one thing i absolutely do not want, is for the pats to be able to run the ball and then tommorrow and tonight we have to hear; 'oh the pats have the ability to run the ball they just ran all up and down the jets' or ' yes they are it but it was against the jets.' Basically, i really just want the pats to get a spankin.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Do you think the weather conditions help or hurt us?
Old 12-16-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Do you think the weather conditions help or hurt us?
I'm not sure really. The Patriots love to pass so if the weather neutralizes that and we know we have to focus on the run that could help. Provided we're able to stop the run of course. That said, it could hurt us. Getting some turnovers will be huge, and I don't think we're going to force many fumbles if they're running the ball, most of our turnovers would come in the pass game whether it's from forcing Brady to fumble or picks. Beyond that, they really are better than we are on the lines on both sides of the ball and I feel like this game is going to be won in the trenches. Unless we have some fantastic tricks up our sleeves the weather could actually hurt us because they are better in the trenches unless we can manage to stop the run. We'll see, I'm really interested to see how the game goes.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
If it included an extra pick possibly a conditional pick if he plays x-amount of snaps next year, i would definately do it. In a heart beat. I think if he is willing to play for mangini and by his rules, i think mangini could light quite the fire under his a*ss. With gholston in the first and Shaun rogers playing the middle our defense could make the jump to a top half the league instead of the bottom half. Encase you couldn't tell, I am all for it.
If Shaun Rogers is on the trade block, I'd definitely like the Jets to trade for him. I've also seen something about Roy Williams possibly being traded, but I don't know the story behind that. If both were under contract and on the trade block, I'd love to see the Jets trade their first rounder and Robertson (who would be a hell of a lot better fit in the Lions 4-3 anyway) and a fifth for both and a third and fourth. In fact, I'd say that doing that, signing Alan Faneca and drafting a pass rushing OLB and RT in the 2nd and 3rd rounds would be my dream off-season.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Oh come on! My parents lost electricity in their house! Slingbox not working......
Old 12-16-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We should've won today! So many chances. This game just makes me hate Justin McCareins even more. I think during the draft, we need to draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round, kinda like what the Packers did with James Jones and Greg Jennings. Brad Smith is alright, but he is not consistent at WR. I think with Coles in the game, a lot of those throws would be in Cotchery's area and he would've made a lot of those catches easily.

This offseason, McCareins, Barrett, Hobson or Barton, and Clement need to be cut. These guys are just garbage. A lot of you may have different opinions, but I watch every game and I rarely see anything good from these guys.

Gahhhh, this ends my rant, man I hate the Patriots :(

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Ugh, so many missed opportunities, mistakes, penalties.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do you think of our QB situation right now? I'm not feeling Klemens or Pennington at the moment. I wish they let Smith throw more than one pass.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

I would be really disappointed if we spent another high draft pick on a QB. I think both Clemens and Pennington are more then adequate. Clemens, at least I don't think, has not been given enough time. We can't make a judgment on him yet.

What do you think?
Old 12-16-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gang Green View Post
What do you think of our QB situation right now? I'm not feeling Klemens or Pennington at the moment. I wish they let Smith throw more than one pass.
I'm not really comfortable with either at the moment. And yet I think it's a little early to draft a QB, especially with the poor crop this year. I wouldn't really mind returning both and bringing in another veteran, possibly even a mid-round guy with potential, and just letting them all fight for the starting job. I don't want to go into next season with one guy as the starter. We can always make trades early next season, but at the moment I don't think I'm comfortable dealing Pennington and just leaving Clemens as the starter.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
disgruntledjetsfan
Rookie

disgruntledjetsfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we need to give Clemens a full year at starter before we make a rash decision and decide we need to draft another quarterback with a high pick. I saw a few more dropped passes from McCareins today, I wouldn't mind if we nabbed a Malcolm Kelly type WR in the 2nd round. It seems to me like there are a couple of big WRs that should be first rounders (kelly, sweed, maybe adarius bowman) who could be available when we pick in the 2nd and would help Kellen Clemens' development immensley.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntledjetsfan View Post
I think we need to give Clemens a full year at starter before we make a rash decision and decide we need to draft another quarterback with a high pick. I saw a few more dropped passes from McCareins today, I wouldn't mind if we nabbed a Malcolm Kelly type WR in the 2nd round. It seems to me like there are a couple of big WRs that should be first rounders (kelly, sweed, maybe adarius bowman) who could be available when we pick in the 2nd and would help Kellen Clemens' development immensley.
Agree that it's too soon to draft a QB, I think everyone here feels this way. That said, wideouts usually take a long time to develop so while one of those guys would be great for his long-term development it's definitely not a sure thing they'd do much next season.

My question is, are we still definitely trading Pennington or do you think we should keep him around for now? If we deal him we'll probably need a good veteran backup anyways, so I don't know if it's such a sure thig he's gone after this season.

I think help on the offensive line and a big wideout (preferably a vet but I know it's unlikely and we probably need a guy via the draft anyway) would make a world of difference for whoever is quarterbacking this team.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

From what I've seen of Clemens this year, he is like Pennington in the sense that all he does is throw short little dump passes, but he has more of an arm. His short yard passes are awful, he always throws the ball very low and it makes it extremely hard for our WRs to catch the ball. I think we give him one full year where he is the starter throughout training camp and if we don't see improvement, we bring in a veteran or draft a quarterback. I really want to see Clemens succeed but I just don't know right now.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree Clemens needs work but our AWFUL O-line doesn't help, and our receiving corps is pretty thin.

Also, Justin McCareins has no place in the NFL.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote