Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 01-30-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

gio hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Based on that interview, if he wants out of Cincinnati, he's going to want to go to a team that had a winning record and is likely to do so again. Now, maybe that could be depending on what they do in free agency, but as of right now, its not.
im kinda stuck in the middle as far as chad johnson goes. he is a great player, but he is all for himself. what if we have another disaster of a season again next year? he will quit by week 8 like he did in 07. also he has had a tremendous arm throwing him the ball the last 4 seasons, and even if clemens has all the potential in the world, he is no carson palmer. honestly, i think roy williams is just as good with a lot less mouth.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either one will be hard to get, and we'd be lucky to get either. And Chad is hardly all for himself, though people seem to get this impression somehow.

Of course, he reportedly said he wanted to go to Miami, so I'm sure it'll be more about the ties that he may have with people on a team than anything else. Granted, he doesn't really have the leverage in whatever deal, but still.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I wasn't really alluding to him coming here, but just thought it was a fairly interesting interview he had. I would love to have him, but i would need to see significant improvement in our oline in order to justify him coming here.

I was also trying to see if anyone knows/could find Drobs arm length. I was to justify the move to defensive end and was having a tough time without knowing his arm length; it's not the end all characteristic of a 34 DE, but it certainly helps to keep the OTs off of you.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per rotoworld Sutton is back next year. :(

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01312008...ets_343400.htm

Hopefully it's wrong, just says it's likely.

Last edited by derza222 : 01-31-2008 at 11:59 AM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I had a feeling this was going to be the case once al davis decided to let his senility get the best of him. It's really not that big of a deal, he'll basically serve has a defensive assistant and mangini will go back to calling the plays the way he did towards the end of the year. We were a decent defense towards the end of the year and i think that's where we will be next year. I'm assuming upgrades will be made as well, which will obviously be beneficial.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Old 01-31-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
im kinda stuck in the middle as far as chad johnson goes. he is a great player, but he is all for himself. what if we have another disaster of a season again next year? he will quit by week 8 like he did in 07. also he has had a tremendous arm throwing him the ball the last 4 seasons, and even if clemens has all the potential in the world,but he is no carson palmer. honestly, i think roy williams is just as good with a lot less mouth.
eh, Roy has just as big a mouth as Chad, but less endzone celebration and media attention. But Chad's mouth isn't tha tmuch bigger. Either way, i'd give up a #2 for either of them.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just heard USC had to buy heavier dumbbells bc Sedrick Ellis was so strong and was dominating 100 lbers.

um yes thank you I'd take him or Gholston

I did the size ratio just to see how he matches up vs other NT weight over height

Sedrick Ellis: 308 72.5 inches 4.248 lbs per inch

Dewayne Robertson: 307 lbs 73.5 inches 4.176 lbs per inch
Vince Wilfork: 325 lbs 74.5 inches 4.362 lbs per inch
Jamal Williams: 340 lbs 75 inches 4.533 lbs per inch
Kelly Gregg: 305 lbs 72 inches 4.236 lbs per inch
Shaun Rogers: 335 lbs 76 inches 4.408 lbs per inch

Though a crude estimate, this model does show Ellis as being bigger than Robertson and Gregg and given information about his strength and ability to handle the double team I think he's apt for the position. Remember he's 22 and still has room to grow a little (in terms of putting on GOOD weight..its easier before 25) I think if he added 7 good lbs and got up to 6 feet and 3/4 inches at 315 he could be a force for us effective NTs are typicallly 1st rounders you do have Gregg who was a 6th rounder bc he weighed 20 lbs less when he was drafted. (not to mention he might be effective bc he has ngata playing de and a huge DL helping but hes been said to be effective) I guess my point is are we gonna take aythba rubin in the 4th rd maybe seeing 1 of his games while he played at IOWA STATE or Sedrick Ellis from USC who has been and is considered to be one of if not the best player in the draft (bc hes been on natl tv a lot and never failed to deliver), he's ahrd working and would fill one of our biggest needs.

Im leaning towards him over gholston
YOU BUILD INSIDE OUT NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND...look at how the patriots built their team regardless of coaching. Seymore, Wilfork and Warren were all 1st rders. THE D line is so important to the 34 if mangini is committed to it and we are willing to ship out dewayne and his 12million dollar contract then I think this should and will be our pick esp considering pouha progress.

Id like to have options to trade out or take Ellis or Gholston...We'll see but I think Ellis could be an effective 34 NT.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 02-01-2008 at 07:30 PM.
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Well, would you want to see the Jets make a move for Rodgers and then draft Gholston?

Is there actually any interest by the Jets front office in Rodgers, I have not really heard anything.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Well, would you want to see the Jets make a move for Rodgers and then draft Gholston?

Is there actually any interest by the Jets front office in Rodgers, I have not really heard anything.
I havn't heard of any news about us being interested in Rogers, but what i did read in that article was that the jets seemed to be unbeleivably excited at Ellis' weighin.

Look at this video of Ellis and just check out 1:15 he absolutely frustrates Roy Sheuning, its pretty funny. Granted this doesn't do much for his stock as a 34 NT, but it's just a cool video to show how quick he is for his size.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/20...lis/3144973026

I've also been thinking the selection over in my head for a bit and i truly beleive that he might be the best pick for us. THe thing that seperates him from Drob in my mind is that he is just so much stronger. Mangini always talked about having a NT that revolutionized the position; what i got out of this is that the 34 mangini ideally wants to run is different than some of the others. It's different compared to parcells?? or whichever just has the NT eat up space and blockers and doesn't do much penetration, where as i think mangini seems to want to have his Dlineman be able to be stout at the POA but also have the ability to get into the backfield and cause chaos. Of course it takes someone who is extremely quick, with great size and unbelievable strength; you may have to wait a long time for that and Ellis could be our guy.

Edit: As for his strength this is something i just came across; Extremely strong – 510 lbs max on the bench (recently hit 42 reps at 225lbs.)

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 02-01-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Speaking of the Asante, i'd welcome him signing with us. With a little better pass rush (Gholston anybody?), think of the coverage sacks we'd get with a Samuel/Revis/Rhodes d-backfield.
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that I think Ellis will be around at our pick, but I don't think it'd utilize his talents at all to be in the 3-4, and his repertoire seems much more suited for that of a pass-rushing monster, rather than some space-eater in the middle.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Not that I think Ellis will be around at our pick, but I don't think it'd utilize his talents at all to be in the 3-4, and his repertoire seems much more suited for that of a pass-rushing monster, rather than some space-eater in the middle.
But that's the thing, it doesn't matter if he'd be better in a 43 if he's still great in a 34. He would be our pick and ours to do what we want with him and if he can be a great NT than i don't see the harm in picking him. I want to know exact reasons that he can't play a 34 NT not just that he doesn't weigh 15 pounds more. He is as strong or stronger than Hampton, Wilfork, Williams etc. and he is shorter than Wilfork but his arms are half an inch longer, which means it's easier for him to get his pads lower and get better leverage and still not get engulfed by the bigger interior lineman because of 'gator arms. If there is something technically i'm missing than I would gladly rethink my position on him.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...esearch/080128

this article is weird

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

GREATEST FEELING IN THE WORLD!! this city will actually be liveable tommorrow morning!!!!!

Old 02-03-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its good that the Pats didnt win but the Giants fans around me are annoying as hell. They will just rip on the Jets all day for no reason now.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
GREATEST FEELING IN THE WORLD!! this city will actually be liveable tommorrow morning!!!!!
this makes me sick

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets- Thank you for exposing the Patriots for what they really were early in the season. If you guys never did, who knows if we would have beaten them tonight cuz they probably would have cheated

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Not that I really like the Patriots, but it's too bad that the Giants had to win. On average, I know more d-bag Giants fans than Pats, but oh well. It was a lose-lose in that regard, so at least we were given a good game.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

What some of you have to realize is that the only reason you hold any animosity towards the Giants is because of a few loud mouth fans they have, which is the same as any other team.

I am not expecting you to be jumping up and down, but this was a great win against an 18-0 team.

I think our organization has a bright future, and we ourselves have a lot to look forward to.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

hey i am just glad that a ny team finally won something against a boston based team..the look on belicheat's face was priceless..see? bad karma follows you when you cheat!! good job g-men and i'd rather deal with a few loudmouth giants fans than to see the pompous, arrogant pats along with their fans etched in history as the only 19-0 team ever. now the jets 4-12 season doesnt feel so horrible any more because the pats get nothing either..
Old 02-04-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tishdog View Post
Its good that the Pats didnt win but the Giants fans around me are annoying as hell. They will just rip on the Jets all day for no reason now.
Its just the opposite here. My family is full of Jets fans, Giants fans and now, even a few Dolphins fans and you know what? We all get along just fine, especially after that superbowl. Nobody rags on anyone.

I wore a Jets shirt all day and nobody said boo.

Maybe I'm just lucky.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
this makes me sick
Try living here in boston through two pats superbowls and two red sox world series and then tell me that's sickening. I am a die hard jets fan, but if i have to choose between the giants winning and the pats losing, it's not even a contest.

I have 0 anamosity towards the giants; they don't play in our division, they havn't beaten us in a superbowl and i could care less strahan beat kleckos sack record. Ya there are a lot of annoying giants fans, but there are a ton of annoying jets fans as well. I love the fact that the patriots lost and it made going to class absolutely enjoyable today and I know hcbrad will agree with me that if we had to deal with all the annoying nonfans talking about the pats and sox for an entire year it would be the worst thing ever. Obviously i would rather the jets win the superbowl, but the second best thing to me is the pats losing.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

the mo lewis curse is broken!!! as im sure others have read, no ny team since the "hit" has won any championships in any sport, while boston won 3 super bowls and 2 world series. hopefully the pats bad luck will continue and the jets can get an upper hand on the division..hey anything can happen, the proof was yesterday's game!
Old 02-04-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

The only good that came out of this is that maybe their LBs will retire, Moss will leave, Samuel will leave, and maybe someone else. Maybe Brady will get into a fight with Belichick and go to his one true love, Eric Mangini.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
The only good that came out of this is that maybe their LBs will retire, Moss will leave, Samuel will leave, and maybe someone else. Maybe Brady will get into a fight with Belichick and go to his one true love, Eric Mangini.
well, in all honesty that is a good reality that both LBs will retire, a possibility that moss will be gone, and samuel is gone. since the pats didn't win, i think samuel how has a better chance coming over to the jets than if they did win, and he would have bigger demands- not that he is gonna come cheap anyway.