Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 12-25-2006, 10:56 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javes
Ugly game but a win is a win
winning is winning and keeping ur destiny in ur own hands is really important.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:41 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
I heard jets fan 3 will come back for the draft, I remember Jbond posting that.
I hope so. We need his great critiquing of mocks.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Javes
Rookie

Javes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ESPN has us playing the Colts in the playoffs.
Javes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:10 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
damn straight. The game was so ugly it made me finally appreciate a steve levy comment when on sportscenter he said "the person who was able to cut a highlight of that game deserves a raise"

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:10 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
we should have beat them once and if Leon can gash the Dolphins D i wonder what he can do to the Colts HIDEOUS run defense

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:35 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Lets not get carried away guys....
Old 12-26-2006, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There's still a game left to play.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great win by the Jets. I was very upset with Chad Pennington. I just don't think he can take this team deep into the playoffs. He threw one good pass which was the touchdown. However, one of his passes prior to that should have been picked. People might think he had a good game because the last pass the threw was a good one. He really almost killed two of his recievers, and he threw tons of bad passes. Anyway, he got the job done, but I really hope he does better next week.
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:17 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutiesDropKick
Quote:
we should have beat them once and if Leon can gash the Dolphins D i wonder what he can do to the Colts HIDEOUS run defense
I think the Colts are definitely the best matchup for us in the first round because of Leon. He's a little lighter and not nearly as strong but the same short, quick back as Maurice-Jones drew who tore up the Colts defense in their victory a few weeks ago. If we play Indy in the first we definitely have a shot to pull off an upset, not saying we will, but it should be a close game just like it was earlier in the season at the very least.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:57 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

Quote:
hey you remeber what herman edwards said in a post game conference. the jets are the shrek in the nfl, they play ugly but we get the job done. i miss herman edwards post game comments. he called the jets ugly winners
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:28 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ref: 1st page mock draft from shavedaeyebrow2 (too big to quote)I don't know about the FREE AGENTS SIGNINGS maybe Turner because he knows our system from SD but I like Marshawn Lynch most in the 1st round. Then a guy like Quentin Moses if Lynch isn't there. Look on espn.com for marshawn lynch's interview with "sportsnation" all of his answers would be perfect for Mangenius. I do like taking okoye and hughes in the 2nd and smith in the 3rd other than the 1st rounder I love it.
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:42 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Great win by the Jets. I was very upset with Chad Pennington. I just don't think he can take this team deep into the playoffs. He threw one good pass which was the touchdown. However, one of his passes prior to that should have been picked. People might think he had a good game because the last pass the threw was a good one. He really almost killed two of his recievers, and he threw tons of bad passes. Anyway, he got the job done, but I really hope he does better next week.
he threw bad passes early because of the rain so did joey harrington. He did almost get the wr killed but the shot from Zach Thomas looked worse than it was because he lead with his head and cut up LC's chin. As for only throwing one good pass look at the game if you can again (TIVO) and the 3rd down pass to Brad Smith and a lot of other passes were good ones and a lot were when the pocket was collapsing. I think Pennington is the perfect QB for the playoffs because look at the types of QB's the teams who have won recently have had.
2001-Trent Dilfer
2002-Tom Brady
2003-Brad Johnson
2004-Tom Brady
2005-Tom Brady
2006-Ben Rothlisberger

don't let anyone fool you those guys took care of the football and limited mistakes and when the Jets winn CP does that. (TOM BRADY did not win those super bowls by himself he limited mistakes and Belichicks plan was to always have a CHANCE to win in the end (all PATS SB decided by 3pt FG not game winning TD drives) They all were simpoly limit mistake guys and could drive when the pressure was on) Chad did that this monday on Natl. TV at Miami after the dolphins scored that TD and FG against our biggest rival with everything on the line. I think it's a matter of playing Mangenius ball and they'll be ready for the colts the 2nd time around in the dome where Chad has a SICK record.

Hoge from ESPN said the Jets have been playing very "vanilla" all year and probably have more plays to open up for the playoffs. I'm a looking and I'm a likin Im not saying we're going to win the SB I'm saying don't be surprised if they make a run.

MANGINI & TANNENBAUM SAVIORS OF THE JETS FRANCHISE
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pennington was sick as a dog on Monday Night. There's an article somewhere about it, but after he threw a couple of incompletions in the first quarter, he walked over to the sidelines and threw up. He didn't use it as an excuse because he said he doesn't do that.

Pennington's pass almost got picked, but on the same note, Kerry Rhodes had a pick for a sure touchdown earlier which he didn't haul in. Things go both ways, and both teams got away with a lot of mistakes early.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/28/sp...&oref=slogi n

I thought there was a big problem with him too, because never before had I seen him walk to the bench after a drive, and after the commercial break, still be sitting there in a dazed look. Turns out he had a bad virus. He's a tough rugged guy that can get it done. He has balls, regardless of what stupid injury or weak armed jokes anyone wants to come up with. This was a typical Jets/Dolphins game in which regardless of record, both teams come to play.

Draft
If we draft a runningback, PLEASE, draft a workhorse. I've been watching Lynch tonight and he's a great runner. However, I think his vigorous running style in which his body gets beaten up, will lead to a shortened NFL career. I think it'd be best for him to be used in a Reggie Bush type of role, yet we don't have our Deuce McCalister yet. I don't want Turner either. He hasn't taken more then a hundred carries in three years. That's three offseasons as a backup. Look at LaMont Jordan. He had similar treatment and thusfar has broken down as the feature back. We need a workhorse, tough runner in between the tackles, similar to Barlow. Only problem is, Barlow pussyfoots his way into the holes.

This team truly amazes me, because despite being in the bottom percentile of damn near every team defensive stat, we're 9-6, about to be 10-6 and in the playoffs. It makes me wonder what this team will do when we finally put a better defense together and bring in some more of Mangini's prototypical 3-4 playoffs, and maybe an H-Back for the offense.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:16 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
This team truly amazes me, because despite being in the bottom percentile of damn near every team defensive stat, we're 9-6, about to be 10-6 and in the playoffs. It makes me wonder what this team will do when we finally put a better defense together and bring in some more of Mangini's prototypical 3-4 playoffs, and maybe an H-Back for the offense.
Don't forget about our scheduel. We've beaten some good teams like the Patriots and were in the game such as Colts and Bears, but it the Jets want to continue foward they can't lose to teams such as Clevland and Buffalo. They've beaten bad teams, but they have to prove that they can beat decent teams. For instance, Buffalo, Minnesota, and Miami, those are decent teams. Not only was the Jets win important against Miami, but it proves that they can beat a decent team on the road.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:25 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Don't forget about our scheduel. We've beaten some good teams like the Patriots and were in the game such as Colts and Bears, but it the Jets want to continue foward they can't lose to teams such as Clevland and Buffalo. They've beaten bad teams, but they have to prove that they can beat decent teams. For instance, Buffalo, Minnesota, and Miami, those are decent teams. Not only was the Jets win important against Miami, but it proves that they can beat a decent team on the road.
in the afc playoffs there are no decent teams, there are all really good teams
Old 12-28-2006, 10:31 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets future
Quote:
Quote:
in the afc playoffs there are no decent teams, there are all really good teams
I know, but you have to prove you can beat decent teams before you beat teams like Baltimore.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:46 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets fans
i dont know about this guy adam karricker,
you guys would rather have him than lamaar woodly. woodly can play de or olb, he works good in 3-4.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:06 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
jets fans
you guys would rather have him than lamaar woodly. woodly can play de or olb, he works good in 3-4.
I don't know anything about this draft class to be honest. Can you fill me in on who the Jets plan on drafting and who are good options?
Old 12-28-2006, 11:23 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

some good options would be lamar woodly, some ppl want marshawn lynch which i dont want., ambioki hes a dt. some one who i keep seeing on the mocks is this guy karicker, who i dont know too much about, and last i heard jets are intrested in brian leonard fb from rutgers.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:47 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
jets fans
I don't know anything about this draft class to be honest. Can you fill me in on who the Jets plan on drafting and who are good options?
The only player that the jets have actually been reported to be interested in is Leonard, everything else is just speculation

I would like to get lynch but he won't be there when we pick. period.

Okoye isn't a great fit at 3-4 NT, he's better suited for 4-3 but probably could play NT, so i wouldn't really fancy him either

Carriker is pretty much the prototypical 3-4 DE but i think we can nab him with washington's pick unless his stock rockets, in which case i wouldn't mind picking him.

Woodley doesn't seem like a good 3-4 OLB fit to me either, and he certainly can't play 3-4 DE. Someone who i think we should get with a later pick is Brian Smith from Missouri. I absolutely love this kid and he has everything needed to be a 3-4 OLB. He's probably late 1st day to early 2nd, but i think come combine he will soar up to the 2nd round, i would love to get him there.

I would like a new RT as well, Clement just doesn't cut it for me and i would really like a Road Grader in there to help with out running game woes, i don't really know much about the OL prospects though so i won't comment, but i do like Arron Sears

Alot of mocks recently have us going for a 1st round corner. I like this idea. As much as we love him,Miller isn't good enough to be a starter but he does alright in nickel situations.

IMO our draft should be

1st:RT
2nd:CB/Carriker
2nd:Carriker/Leonard
3rd:Smith

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:30 AM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Thanks for the info. Which RTs do you have in mind?
Old 12-29-2006, 10:48 AM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
levi jones but i dont think rt is a first round need
Old 12-29-2006, 11:02 AM    (permalink
tishdog
Rookie

tishdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Heres how I feel we should draft

1- Lamar Woodley
2a- Adam Carriker
2b- Brian Leonard
3- Best Corner Available

We might need a little more offense though. I feel we should draft defense and try to sign some decent offensive FAs.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:51 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Pretty sure Brown is gonna be gone by our pick

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128
Quote:
Quote:
Pretty sure Brown is gonna be gone by our pick
no neck. i said jones. i meant brown,