Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 12-30-2006, 09:42 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is good that the Skins are losing. As much as I dislike the Giants, it's good for the Jets because the worst the Skins record the better pick we have in the second round if it means that much.
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:03 PM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Location: "Hey professor, what's another name for pirate treasure?"
getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have an eerie feeling that we lose to *gulp* Aaron Brooks and the Raiders tomorrow. I hope to god I'm wrong, but I think our boys are going to overlook the game and the Raiders will steal one.

p.s. does anyone else feel stupider after reading one of jetsfuture's posts or is it just me?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by getwellchad
I have an eerie feeling that we lose to *gulp* Aaron Brooks and the Raiders tomorrow. I hope to god I'm wrong, but I think our boys are going to overlook the game and the Raiders will steal one.
p.s. does anyone else feel stupider after reading one of jetsfuture's posts or is it just me?
If the Jets don't beat Oakland, not only will they be out of the playoffs, but they don't deserve to make the playoffs for another 5 years.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

The Jets will not "overlook" the Raiders.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:51 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getwellchad

I kind of get that feeling too, but Mangini won't let them overlook this game, you know he will be on everyones ass ten times as much as he has been before any game this year

Regarding your 2nd statement, occasionaly

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:34 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jets future
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
This team truly amazes me, because despite being in the bottom percentile of damn near every team defensive stat, we're 9-6, about to be 10-6 and in the playoffs. It makes me wonder what this team will do when we finally put a better defense together and bring in some more of Mangini's prototypical 3-4 playoffs, and maybe an H-Back for the offense.
Don't forget about our scheduel. We've beaten some good teams like the Patriots and were in the game such as Colts and Bears, but it the Jets want to continue foward they can't lose to teams such as Clevland and Buffalo. They've beaten bad teams, but they have to prove that they can beat decent teams. For instance, Buffalo, Minnesota, and Miami, those are decent teams. Not only was the Jets win important against Miami, but it proves that they can beat a decent team on the road.
in the afc playoffs there are no decent teams, there are all really good teams
I know, but you have to prove you can beat decent teams before you beat teams like Baltimore.
If you look at our strength of schedule the patriots sched was easier but nobody comments on their sched
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:40 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jets future
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
This team truly amazes me, because despite being in the bottom percentile of damn near every team defensive stat, we're 9-6, about to be 10-6 and in the playoffs. It makes me wonder what this team will do when we finally put a better defense together and bring in some more of Mangini's prototypical 3-4 playoffs, and maybe an H-Back for the offense.
Don't forget about our scheduel. We've beaten some good teams like the Patriots and were in the game such as Colts and Bears, but it the Jets want to continue foward they can't lose to teams such as Clevland and Buffalo. They've beaten bad teams, but they have to prove that they can beat decent teams. For instance, Buffalo, Minnesota, and Miami, those are decent teams. Not only was the Jets win important against Miami, but it proves that they can beat a decent team on the road.
in the afc playoffs there are no decent teams, there are all really good teams
I know, but you have to prove you can beat decent teams before you beat teams like Baltimore.
If you look at our strength of schedule the patriots sched was easier but nobody comments on their sched
Probably cause, ya know, they won three Superbowls.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:19 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

it's not the same team, and for a fact no one mentions their easy schedule. it doesnt matter if they've won 3 superbowls they played just as easy a schedule as the jets THIS YEAR (they haven''t won this year) and for the sake of sounding like Dennie Green, if you wanna crown em then crown em the pats are who I thought they were.someone should recognize that they're schedule was favorable as well. Its all in the AFC so its not a joke like the NFC Wildcard. No offense to the Bears they were clearly the #1 in NFC all year and would be 3 or 4 in the AFC.
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:59 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Wow Pennington can you throw the ball 30 yards? That's a pass that every QB in the NFL has to make.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Congratulations guys. Big turn around for your team.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Job well done guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

what did i tell you people,m in the off season, io was like guys we will have a 7-9 - a 10-6 record, i knew we would make it to the playoffs i kept saying that most of you guys were like nah i dont think os i was like one of the olny optomistic ones here. i wish we had the old discussion here so i can quote all of those posts out. i remember saying that pennington is going to make the critics shut the **** up, and i was right. lets go jets
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:07 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
mangini finally smiles
Old 12-31-2006, 05:55 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

I'm so proud of 'em, the crowd was great today, and so was the game.

Bring on Peyton

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:01 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

Congrats to you guys.
We both were 4-12 and while we have added 3-4 wins with our new coach, we obviously are nowhere near you guys, as you showed when you creamed us at Lambeau.

BTW, unbiased here, there's NO doubt you can beat the Colts.

First of all, you guys remind me of the Patriots, and second, this is the PLAYOFFS and they are THE COLTS, with TONY DUNGY.

Jets 27
Colts 24
Old 12-31-2006, 07:16 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the Jets have 2 second round picks? If so who did they get the pick from?
Old 12-31-2006, 07:50 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

PLAYOFFS MOTHER *******!!!!!!

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:06 PM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Location: "Hey professor, what's another name for pirate treasure?"
getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod
Do the Jets have 2 second round picks? If so who did they get the pick from?
Washington...#6 in the 2nd round :D
Old 12-31-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=32250

Check it out bitches, first mock of the season, a Jets 2 rounder...

Old 01-01-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingSharpe
Congrats to you guys.
We both were 4-12 and while we have added 3-4 wins with our new coach, we obviously are nowhere near you guys, as you showed when you creamed us at Lambeau.

BTW, unbiased here, there's NO doubt you can beat the Colts.

First of all, you guys remind me of the Patriots, and second, this is the PLAYOFFS and they are THE COLTS, with TONY DUNGY.

Jets 27
Colts 24
ur wrong were not playing the colts. were playing the pats agian.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im so happy were in the playoffs, it seemed like forever since we were there, even though it was 2 years ago but were playin the pats at 1:00 on sunday
Old 01-01-2007, 09:39 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Jets future, aren't we playing the Ravens?

Old 01-01-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Nothing spectacular, my first mock of the season, trying to get a feel for things again, so I'm startin off small.

First Rounder: CB, Marcus McCauley: I'm not gunna be getting a lot of love for this pick, but it's the right move. The Jets have not had a playmaking, true number one CB since...well....to be honest, I can't remember. McCauley is a force on defense, a great physical specimen with speed to take it to the house at any time. He's a strong run defense presence and a player with top intangibles. He has the utmost body control and reminds me a lot of Ty Law. David Barret's garbage, Justin Miller gives up too many plays, and Andre Dyson's aging a bit (though still good) and the Jets need someone to compliment their dominant Safety duo.

Other Possibilities: If Quinn Pitcock, Gaines Adams, or Quinten Moses drop, don't be surprised if one of them's picked up ahead of Marcus. Victor Abiamiri is another strong possibility, but Thomas has really made a name for himself and will continue to get sacks, and Hobson's looked really strong in his own right. If Justin Blalack drops he will be taken. If they think can convert Levi Brown to LG, he's a strong possibility as well.

1st Second Rounder: NT, Frank Okam: While having a better yea than last year, it is obvious that Dewayne Robertson's not who the Jets expected. Overal, the Jets run defense has been miserable and a big run stuffer such as Okam is really needed. Most call him a first round prospect, but there are so many first round prospects but not enough teams in need of an NT. Being that the Redskins sucked this year, they'll have a fairly early second rounder and can hopefully get Okam with it.

2nd Second Rounder: Arron Sears: His stock is soaring and the potential he has at either Guard spot is exactly what the Jets need. With Moore dissapointing lately and Kendell being old, the Jets need another Guard to complete their near dominant line of the future. Sears is extremely strong, yet agile and intelligent and able to get to the second level easily. He's very disciplined and a true Mangini player.

More to come later!

Old 01-01-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9
Jets future, aren't we playing the Ravens?
no the ravens have the bye, were the 5 th seed so we have to play the pats, since they are the fourth seed. we are playing them at 1, on sunday at ne.