Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 05-14-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

Starting QB: Kellen Clemens
UDFA To Make Team: Danny Woodhead
Surprise Cut: Justin Miller
Breakout/Comeback Player Offense: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Breakout/Comeback Player Defense: Eric Barton
Biggest Impact by a new Jet: Gholston/Dustin Keller

I think that Kellen is going to start. I believe that Tangini drafted him and is going to give him another shot with protection this time and a couple of more weapons to use. I don't care what you say, but that Kid got put into a situation with no healthy recievers and a O-line that is the equivalent of a Pop-Warner Football team. I think he is going to do it and I think he is going to be solid. I really believe he will make a difference this year and will show people why we put the eggs in the basket with him.

Justin Miller has trouble written all over him and I just see him getting the boot quick. He is a trouble maker and I won't be surprised if he gets the boot at training camp. I just don't see him making it.

D'Brick is the obvious answer with the signing of Faneca and im jumpin on the band wagon. I mean how could you not?! Faneca is always up there as one of the best in the NFL (also in madden :) ). I really think D'Brick will produce this year and we finally get our top 5 value. For Defense I think its going to be Barton. Why you may ask? I think that he is going to be very good with a piece of meat in front of him and I think he is goin to be great with David Harris on his side. I really see this bein a totally different team and I think Barton will start on the inside next to David harris and I think its going to be great. I think he is just one of those guys that can come out of no where.

As for the newest Jet thing. I am goin wtih Dustin Keller/Vernon Gholston. Keller is going to prove not only Scott Wright wrong but also every NFL Analyst wrong on why he wasn't a reach. I think he is going ot be a beast goin across the field and he is going to run people over. **** Dallas Clark becuase this kid is stronger and faster in my eyes. I hope he proves everyone wrong for me and the rest of us Jet fans. As for Gholston. I think he is going to be the situational Pass-Rushing guy this season and put up some great numbers for a rookie. I really think he is goin to cause trouble and he is going to get to do one thing he loves: KILL THE QB! I cannot wait to see this physical phenom line up and just own Tom Brady and put that asshole in a stretcher. So baby HERE WE COME! GANG GREEN 08!!!

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Nasty Man View Post

As for the newest Jet thing. I am goin wtih Dustin Keller/Vernon Gholston. Keller is going to prove not only Scott Wright wrong but also every NFL Analyst wrong on why he wasn't a reach. I think he is going ot be a beast goin across the field and he is going to run people over. **** Dallas Clark becuase this kid is stronger and faster in my eyes. I hope he proves everyone wrong for me and the rest of us Jet fans. As for Gholston. I think he is going to be the situational Pass-Rushing guy this season and put up some great numbers for a rookie. I really think he is goin to cause trouble and he is going to get to do one thing he loves: KILL THE QB! I cannot wait to see this physical phenom line up and just own Tom Brady and put that asshole in a stretcher
That's ****** up.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I said this in another thread but I might as well say it here. I fully expect Scott to take a letter grade off his draft review of the Jets because they won their last game of the season.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
I really think he is goin to cause trouble and he is going to get to do one thing he loves: KILL THE QB! I cannot wait to see this physical phenom line up and just own Tom Brady and put that asshole in a stretcher. So baby HERE WE COME! GANG GREEN 08!!!

Yeahhhh, I'm going to have to agree with bama here. I don't like Tom Brady, but he's one of the best QB's to ever play the game and if he were injured, the game as a whole would suffer for it.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
That's ****** up.
What's so wrong?? I hear people get stretchers all the time when they strain their vagina, or is that not commenplace anymore??

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
I said this in another thread but I might as well say it here. I fully expect Scott to take a letter grade off his draft review of the Jets because they won their last game of the season.
Oh i do to and i think it's complete horseshiit. They clearly stated that chris long and gholston were there top 2 priorities and mcfadden was not really on their list, except to trade down. Teams that win the last game of the year have statistically been shown to have a better season the following year, plain and simple. Besides, i really don't put any type of stock into post draft analysis until you see the guys play the game.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Old 05-18-2008, 04:31 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Yeahhhh, I'm going to have to agree with bama here. I don't like Tom Brady, but he's one of the best QB's to ever play the game and if he were injured, the game as a whole would suffer for it.
Yea I completely disagree...

in an article which is cited ...
"Walsh said his illegal filming provided the Pats with valuable information. He said one of the Pats' quarterbacks told him they knew what plays to call 75-percent of the time."

just in case you just missed it [i]75% OF THE TIME/I]"
YEA HES AMAZING

I wonder what pats QB would know those calls? matt cassell? who everyonein NE hates bc he's eerily similar to brady and they dont want to admit belichick made Brady who he is just like casell if he was the one who was quoted (although many sources at the daily news think its brady....despite this source being from the post)...Get off the Brady bandwagon.

Be a Jets fan and look at the evidence Brady is not one the best of all time the Pats won Championships on defense and great trench games...Brady has always had time!...champsionships dont dictate good qbs if it were the case bradshaw would be the best...bad criteria...and if you think football woiuld fall apart wo brady you are too much of a # 12 fan...in case you didnt notice the falcons in prime time (one of the worst teams in the league) did a better number than the nba finals. SOOOO...thats my take.. as a JETS FAN I hear people diss Pennington saying he just dumps the ball off and is a short armed QB. Then the same people praise BRADY (despite 2 years ago when brady threw more screen passes than anyone in football)...NOT saying Chad is Brady im saying people and ESPN analysts are full of SH!%t and need to (as ryan seacrest says in KNOCKED UP) stop sucking on the TEET.

THEY (THE PATRIOTS AND TOM BRADY) CHEATED...DONT TRY AND JUSTIFY IT....IT HAPPENED, EVERY TEAM SHOULD BE MAD BUT ISNT BC THEY JUST BUY ESPNS BULL (i live with it and know it for what it really is)

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05172008...int_111188.htm

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 05-18-2008 at 04:35 AM.
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

So, like everyone figured, Scott gave the jets a pretty low draft grade of B-. I generally don't care about post draft grades, becuase the players havn't even seen the field. Disregarding the fact that scott seems to be adament that the jets messed up winning their last game and that mcfadden seems to be on their list etc. the thing that was upsetting was that he failed to mention the aqcuisition of Kris Jenkins. He praised minny for getting Jared Allen and mentioned that you couldn't forget them using a draft pick to get the best pass rusher etc. but he fails to mention that the jets finally got a player who could potentially be the true NT there defense truly lacks.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya, Scott has been critiacal of the Jets for a little while now. One of u guys must have offended him.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
So, like everyone figured, Scott gave the jets a pretty low draft grade of B-. I generally don't care about post draft grades, becuase the players havn't even seen the field. Disregarding the fact that scott seems to be adament that the jets messed up winning their last game and that mcfadden seems to be on their list etc. the thing that was upsetting was that he failed to mention the aqcuisition of Kris Jenkins. He praised minny for getting Jared Allen and mentioned that you couldn't forget them using a draft pick to get the best pass rusher etc. but he fails to mention that the jets finally got a player who could potentially be the true NT there defense truly lacks.
I was actually surprised at how high it was. I expected it to be lower. I think is assessment is fair, although your right about him not mentioning the trade for Jenkins.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Naked Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
Yea i dont understand why he continues to stress the fact we won a "meaningless" game. I never thought someone could actually see winning a game as a negative. Yea it moved them down on the draft board but no matter what the situation players want to compete and they want to win. It might seem meaningless to the average spectator but im certain it wasn't meaningless to the Jets or the Chiefs. Also, Gholston's a better pick than Mcfadden anyway. TJ had an abysmal oline in front of him Leon is pretty damn explosive (Pro bowl returner if we had a better rec. btw). Pass Rusher was a bigger need IMO. So if we were at 3 we wouldve either picked DMC and missed out on Gholston, picked Ryan when Clemens is more than capable and have to spend about 70 Million, or pay Gholston more $.

Long post short- winning that last game was a much bigger positive than negative.

(Scotts obviously a Pat fan btw...or someone pissed him off like the great vilma said)
Old 05-27-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Musa Smith signs with the jets
Old 05-28-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Musa Smith signs with the jets
ya, wtf is that? seriously, enough RB depth......i want the contract details

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Musa is awesome. If he climbs the depth chart, that is. But really, in theory, he's a younger Thomas Jones.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Musa is awesome. If he climbs the depth chart, that is. But really, in theory, he's a younger Thomas Jones.
I wouldn't go that far as Thomas Jones proved himself in Tampa and Chicago and Musa has not. Just the same, I like the signing and look foward to watching him and Chatman compete for a roster spot in the preseason.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Musa could be a big help in short yardage/goal line situations.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:54 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Jehuty View Post
Yea i dont understand why he continues to stress the fact we won a "meaningless" game. I never thought someone could actually see winning a game as a negative. Yea it moved them down on the draft board but no matter what the situation players want to compete and they want to win. It might seem meaningless to the average spectator but im certain it wasn't meaningless to the Jets or the Chiefs. Also, Gholston's a better pick than Mcfadden anyway. TJ had an abysmal oline in front of him Leon is pretty damn explosive (Pro bowl returner if we had a better rec. btw). Pass Rusher was a bigger need IMO. So if we were at 3 we wouldve either picked DMC and missed out on Gholston, picked Ryan when Clemens is more than capable and have to spend about 70 Million, or pay Gholston more $.

Long post short- winning that last game was a much bigger positive than negative.

(Scotts obviously a Pat fan btw...or someone pissed him off like the great vilma said)
I agree that pass rusher was a bigger need and that Scott should have referenced Jenkins but all in all a B- isn't a bad grade so I don't have a problem with it.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The signing of Musa isn't good for Danny Woodhead.

Cuts are still a few months away, but I am completely stumped as to who may be cut.

Last edited by TimD : 05-29-2008 at 09:02 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
The signing of Musa isn't good for Danny Woodhead.

Cuts are still a few months away, but I am completely stumped as to who may be cut.
In the NFL (as in life) things have a way of working themselves out.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yep. our forum seems to have hit a slow patch.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Always does around this time. Waiting for training camp.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

the football magazines for the season are coming out, so that is providing some reading material. I get so annoyed when i buy a mag for the $9 and some of the stuff is just so stupid. Lists for the top at each position are especially draining. I'll point out 2 key ones from this mag: Ray Lewis still the top MLB, and Bernard Pollard the #4 Strong Saftey. That's right, Pollard, above Adrian Wilson and LaRon Landry among others. (Keep note that it is just SS, but still).

So i ask, is Pollard extremely good? I'm not going to say i saw more than i think 2 chief games all the way through, but i didn't really point him out at any point. He's one place behind Kerry Rhodes, and i'd say i notice Rhodes pretty fast when watching the Jets D.

Maybe i'm wrong, but that seems like a little glitch that makes a mag lose respectability pretty fast

Quote:
Old 07-09-2008, 08:11 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Our thread is very slow.

In other news Pennington is selling his long island house for 4.095 mil...
Old 09-01-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default New York Jets Discussion War Room

How did the NYJ Discussion thread get closed DURING THE SLOWEST PART OF THE YEAR!...I could understand if it was draft time or close to the season but really, come on? Heres a new General Jets Thread

To start:
http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/inde...960.xml&coll=1

Im not so much interested with John Lynch so much as I am with the fact that Victor Hobson got cut, to all of those who said WE HAVE TO MOVE HIM INSIDE we shouldnt cut him...He didn't help your cause. The Pats cut him bc he couldnt hack it OLB and they tried him at ILB and he was terrible.

In other news, I was extremely surprised at the Posciask cut, and where did he sign...BIG SURPRISE, New England.

Bummer News: Chatman got suspended for steroid use (masking agetn, illegal dieuretic) I dont know but I was wondering why he was playing well in the preseason.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Pociask could end up being a nice complement to Ben Watson in NE which would suck for us. He's already a good H-Back, Blocking TE, he just had to work on his receiving skills.