Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-02-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thread unlocked.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Thread unlocked.
Oh thank god. It just hasn't been right seeing it locked even though we didn't use it much in the dead period after the draft.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gameday! Very excited for the season to start, though I won't be able to watch the game since I don't get it down at school I'll be following it very closely on some site, nfl.com most likely. Anybody that has any thoughts based on how people played instead of just the stat sheet would be greatly appreciated.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i won't be at my computer while i watch the game or i would help you out, sorry bud.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
It's gameday! Very excited for the season to start, though I won't be able to watch the game since I don't get it down at school I'll be following it very closely on some site, nfl.com most likely. Anybody that has any thoughts based on how people played instead of just the stat sheet would be greatly appreciated.
You should get a slingbox. I have had one the last 2 years when I am at college out of state. Truly worth it.

Go Jets!
Old 09-07-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
You should get a slingbox. I have had one the last 2 years when I am at college out of state. Truly worth it.

Go Jets!
I've strongly considered it, almost purchased one this offseason actually. However, I understand it's going to be tough to get it working because my cable box and router at home are incredibly far apart. Hopefully I'll figure something out, for the moment I'm going to try to hit some sports bars with friends once everyone's acclimated and just hope I can find a streaming clip.

What do you guys think the biggest matchup this game is? I've got to say it's our front 7 against the Dolphins offensive line, especially in the run game. If we can dominate up front and stop the run I don't really think they have much of a chance. Also looks like Lowery will start today, hopefully he can hold his own out there. Not like the Dolphins really have any stud wideouts so a poor performance is magnified some. Hopefully he can get his hands on a couple of Pennington floaters.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

What happened to Nugent. I missed the first.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
What happened to Nugent. I missed the first.
Seems like his left leg slid on his plant on a FG attempt in the first. I believe they said it was a quad. Hopefully it's just a pull and we don't have to sign a guy this season.

EDIT:

Incredible pair of PD's in the end zone by Lowery.

Last edited by derza222 : 09-07-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

REVIS IS GOD. that is all
Old 09-07-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
REVIS IS GOD. that is all
and Dwight Lowery is Jesus

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Well, that was a fun game to watch.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah, this game isn't much of an indication IMO because their wideouts are very poor and Pennington can't put much zip on the ball, but they both looked absolutely studly. Tight ends ate us up though and Smith looked average an upgrade at FS is definitely needed if he doesn't improve his level of play.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Run D was exceptional as well in this game

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our LBs need to improve their coverage. Mostly OLB (thomas, gholston, and pace). Other than that the D looked good
Old 09-07-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a game. Revis' interception to clinch it was amazing. Favre got lucky, very lucky on that TD throw. Nice to see our run game return. I liked our Pass D regardless of the numbers, and i'm loving the improved pass rush.

Lots of good signs this week, not to mention the injury to Brady!!!

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

someone hit on a great point when they said that our LBs are gonna need to improve in coverage. Fasano was running wide open all 2nd half, and Chad isn't a guy who throws to his TEs too too much. That being said, good win.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I do think, at least in this game, Chad was forced to look to the TE's. Who does he really have at wideout. Camarillo I believe looked alright but wasn't on the field a ton, Bess too. Ginn and Hagan pretty much looked locked up on the outside. The tight ends are probably his best bet in the passing game since they allow him to work the middle of the field instead of outside passes that take longer to get to their targets anyways. Their problem was that they passed too much. Regardless, you are right.

On another note, we had 3 sacks combined from Thomas and Pace. If they both continue this level of play and Gholston develops we'll have three starting caliber OLB's. I wonder if, down the road, they'll rotate those three throughout the game to keep them fresh and try to get all three along with Harris on the field in obvious passing situations. Lots of money tied up in three guys though.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barton played really well but if Gholston develops I wonder if we see them try to move one of the OLBs to ILB to keep them on the field.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Barton played really well but if Gholston develops I wonder if we see them try to move one of the OLBs to ILB to keep them on the field.
That's what I was thinking. Tough to think of who the most logical candidate is though. On one hand you have Pace who is pretty solid in coverage, but we really paid him all that money to rush the passer. We have the least amount of money invested in Thomas but he's also the tallest IIRC which makes getting leverage against shorter guards difficult and doesn't cover quite as well as Pace. Gholston's height would make him logical but he's pretty much only good for rushing the passer at the moment. Then again, who knows if Gholston actually develops or Thomas maintains his level of play and if they do it's not the worst problem to have.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

We signed Jay Feely today to kick for us while Nuge is hurt. Probably the best option out there. However, does anybody know who we released? I've been looking around and couldn't find it.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Rookie LB Kenwin Cummings waived
Old 09-10-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Rookie LB Kenwin Cummings waived
Thanks. Hopefully something gets figured out (Nuge on IR, Nuge back so Feely is waived) so we can pick up that roster spot again. Hopefully Cummings will be returned to the active roster or placed on the practice squad.

Two practice squad changes as well. Released WR Larry Brackens and OL Stanley Daniels to sign Atlanta camp invitee TE Brad Listorti and Philadelphia final cut OL Stefan Rodgers.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thanks. Hopefully something gets figured out (Nuge on IR, Nuge back so Feely is waived) so we can pick up that roster spot again. Hopefully Cummings will be returned to the active roster or placed on the practice squad.

Two practice squad changes as well. Released WR Larry Brackens and OL Stanley Daniels to sign Atlanta camp invitee TE Brad Listorti and Philadelphia final cut OL Stefan Rodgers.
I don't care what they do with the practice squad as long as they don't cut Renkart.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

We extended Baker. Glad we don't have to put up with hearing all of the crap about how we lied about a new contract. Supposedly it's 3 years more with 12 million new money, but rotoworld is saying it essentially amounts to his current deal being 5 years 15 million which isn't awful. Not sure why we did it at this moment, but I guess we felt we needed an every down TE and he was the guy.

Also Lowery has formally overtaken Miller for the starting corner job. After the preseason I think most felt this was inevitable but Lowery starting the entire season would be very impressive. Just imagine our secondary if we had a free safety...
Old 09-12-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
We extended Baker. Glad we don't have to put up with hearing all of the crap about how we lied about a new contract. Supposedly it's 3 years more with 12 million new money, but rotoworld is saying it essentially amounts to his current deal being 5 years 15 million which isn't awful. Not sure why we did it at this moment, but I guess we felt we needed an every down TE and he was the guy.

Also Lowery has formally overtaken Miller for the starting corner job. After the preseason I think most felt this was inevitable but Lowery starting the entire season would be very impressive. Just imagine our secondary if we had a free safety...
i have my fingers crossed for either smith or elam stepping up. but if barrett can prove he play FS then that'd be great