Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 11-23-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Heys guys. Just wanted to wish ya'll luck tomorrow (*crosses fingers behind his back* :D ). I'm stoked about it!
Best of luck to you guys too. Hopefully it ends up being a good game, because I've got high hopes for it! Certainly will tell us a lot about what kind of a team the Jets actually are, especially with their extra time to prepare and rest. You guys are about as good a measuring stick as we could play after a big win against a divisional rival.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why Ainge would need to be on roids. He's already a pretty good sized guy with pretty good arm strength.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I don't know why Ainge would need to be on roids. He's already a pretty good sized guy with pretty good arm strength.
Because he's the fourth string QB and had probably the weakest arm among them.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Because he's the fourth string QB and had probably the weakest arm among them.
True. But still, it just doesn't seem like it would fit his character from what I saw while he was at UT.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans have forgotten their identity. Good game guys - ya'll fully deserved it. Good luck on the rest of the season. We'll just have to take our frustration out of the Lions...they're always good for that. :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Good game. The Jets played well, I'm very impressed.

I feel bad for the Lions always having to play on Thanksgiving. They have always lost the last couple of years, and the season has already been determined by this point. Takes a lot to not be with your family and having to show up for a game at that time.

The Jets have really put themselves in a great scenario. We are the only team in the AFC East with the capability to go 5-1 in our division, and we get to play Seattle and San Francisco who have been struggling.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was very impressed with the performance as well. For a little it looked like coaching was going to kill us again but we managed to pull it together and close out the game.

One thing that bears keeping in mind about our Seattle and San Fran games is, unless I'm wrong, they're both out on the west coast. Both of our games against opponents out west were losses to Oakland and San Diego. The flight and time change can cause problems, so while those are both very winnable games there are other factors that come into play and I hope we don't overlook the teams because we could certainly get upset.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We have lost both games out west Maybe Mangini will go out west a day or two early but I think unlike the SD game where wwe werent gelling as an offense and Jenkins got hurt on defense or like the OAK game where our coaches took us out of our game by trying to outsmart the Raiders instead of playing our way...I want good prep for those games and some acknowledgement that they are playing on the west coast...rush defense has to be good we cant wear down out there

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to jinx it but omg, the Jets have a legit shot at the Superbowl.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:17 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would do anything to lose our first round pick :)
Old 11-24-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
I would do anything to lose our first round pick :)
...except using it to acquire Doug Jolley.

Seriously though, if we remain focused we will a tremendous football team. I'm not sure I can point to any team in the league right now and say that we would not have a very good chance of winning a game against them. It's a nice feeling for a change of pace, I'm so used to us having one fatal flaw that will kill us against the elite teams.

Speaking of change of pace, it's nice to be able to stop the run, rush the passer, run the ball, throw downfield...the Jets doing any of these used to be such a foreign concept it's awesome to have a team that has those capabilities.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we meet in the SB (getting way ahead of ourselves), they should play it at Giants Stadium.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Not even thinking about it. Lets make playoffs. All the teams in the AFC East played really good football today.

Good to see Denver struggling yesterday also.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kris Jenkins should be the defensive mvp. He may be the single most important player in the league on either side of the ball. Even though we got some de/lb and we had guys get better, I think Jenkins alone has transformed our defense from above average to elite.

I think what really separates this team from other possible playoff teams is special teams. Our Return game is absolutley amazing. Feely has been really great. Hodges has been at least average. Over all, our special teams play has been a real asset. Look at the cardinals and you'll see how important special teams are.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

timewaster timewaster timewaster timewaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Kris Jenkins should be the defensive mvp.
Yup.

Favre could be in contention also. If he were to win i would like to and expect him to dedicate it to the entire team and front office. The genius's that they are proving to be.

Best offseason ever.

As for lately, DOMINATING TEAMS! I like this Jets team
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

The Jets were getting a lot of flack from people on this board about their off season signings, especially with regards to the amount of money spent. I know a lot of people were ragging on the Pace acquisition mostly, but even Faneca and Jenkins. So far so good.

I wasn't a huge supporter of the Favre acquisition either, but admittedly a lot of that has to do with the bad rap Pennington gets. Favre hasn't even thrown down the field the last couple of games that much, but the threat is there and he can get the ball quickly, with some zip, to our receivers right off the line.

I actually saw Gholston chasing Collins on a play......
Old 11-24-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

timewaster timewaster timewaster timewaster

19th ranked running offense last year. I cursed the name Thomas Jones for most of his 1 touchdown season. Now, he is the leading rusher in the AFC. Added Fanaca and Woody. Four of the Jets starting o-line men are first rounders. Mangold and D'Brick have excelled this year, with some thanks to Fanaca i would assume.

Defense is ranked 3rd against the run in the NFL. As compared to 29th last year. Jenkins is a beast.

Havent seen many sacks in recent games. Pace has 6 on the year.

Not a fan of the Favre move at first either. But how can you complain now? Hopefully Ratliff is learning something. As this might be the last year a back up QB can. Does Ratliff have a quick release in his game? Does Kellen Clemens? Would be nice to emulate what this years Jets are doing, every year.
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before the Jets traded for him I was saying that I didnt want him and I wanted to see what we had in clemens. Once we got him, I just got caught up in the wave of hysteria and I still haven't come down from it.

As for all the other moves, in the offseason I knew it would make us better but I didn't know how much. Honestly, I had my doubts about Jenkins because I was nervous he would just get fatter and lazier than he already was at some points in his career.

I think without Favre, the other moves might have proven to not be enough to justify the spending. While he hasn't been the best qb in the league, he has done things that none of our other quarterbacks could do(I assume) and is playing great football when it counts.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
As for all the other moves, in the offseason I knew it would make us better but I didn't know how much. Honestly, I had my doubts about Jenkins because I was nervous he would just get fatter and lazier than he already was at some points in his career.
That was a definite thought in my mind also. The fit was right, as we needed a run plugging goliath, but his weight has always been an issue, as have injuries, so it seemed to be a fairly risky move. It has turned out to be the right one though, he is playing to his highest ability right now. His pass rush has impressed me too....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although everyone is going to make a HUGE deal about todays game, it really doesn't bother me. We played terribly on D, terribly on O, and had literally every single call go against us. Yet we were still in the game for three and a half quarters. As long as there is no hangover from this game and San Fran is handled next week, the loss doesn't mean too much. We were bound to lose ventually, and it's a good thing that our loss came at the same time as NE's. This loss doesn't change the way i view our team. We should still finish out 4-0/3-1 and be in a good position for a playoff run

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Figures! Typical Jets!

Jets5128, I have no idea how you can even stay confidently the Jets should finish out 4-0, 3-1. We still have 2 tough divisional games, one of them on the road against MIA and Buffalo. We SHOULD be able to beat SF and Seattle.

These types of games just frustrate the hell out of me. The Jets have played so well as of late, it was really hard watching them not being able to score or stop Denver at ALL. This really is a two faced team, and I really do wonder why that is.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooo...

you have a killer run game and are playing against a terrible run defense.

After some hiccups, you get back in the game with the run game, both of your TDs came from the run game.....

...and you decide to air it out to get back in the game....

Mangini is such a moron some times.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

I really thought that got this crap out of the way over the last 3 weeks or so. It seemed like the team was finally getting together some consistency on both sides of the ball. Now I'm not sure if we are just had a bad day in the rain after 2 great victories or are we just an inconsistent team that can't keep it together.

The most surprising part of the loss was the run defense. I mean even in other games that we lost, the run defense has still pretty much been good. On top of that, we got zero pass rush. Cutler had like 20 minutes in the pocket every play. I thought it was so stupid when Jenkins kept getting taken out because the Broncos were doing some hurry up. Jenkins is the anchor of the d, he can't be out for as long as he was for some stretches.

I'm not going to panic because of this game, and I think a lot of the loss had to do with nothing going our way in terms of fumbles, challenges, etc. However, the play calling was still kinda ****** and that is a problem that may not get better any time soon.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's face it, we were terrible in pretty much all facets, including coaching. Some more particular things i'm going to 'complain' about:
1. The Cotchery fumble - I'm not sure how a guy can be on the ball, with the ball in his possession (it was weak for a second, but let's be real) and then 2 guys jump on him and somehow it is still a live ball? Then the good old fashion, 'this play is not reviewable'. What is that? The point is to get the calls correct, don't give me that crap. What was the reasoning behind it not being reviewable?

2. Denver Injuries - Give me a break....either they are very unlucky, full of wussies, or had some stroke of convenience that whenever we went to a hurry up, that some guy would go down to let them sub, but be able to come back 2-3 plays later. That should be watched going forward, it was far to often and far to convenient. Rest, subs, throw off the rhythm of an offense, all that crap.

3. Pass game - We weren't all that consistent on the run game, but that is where the big plays came from. We had it going for a stretch. The pass wasn't working all that well, except for some nice screens. Why does the coaching staff force certain issues? Against KC, 'they must think we'll run because they suck at defending it, so lets pass'. Seemed fairly similar this game. Stick with the run, control the tempo, enforce your will. That was pathetic out there, especially with all those 'nobody's' on their D.

4. Abram Elam - I'll cut him some slack because the previous weeks he had been making some big plays. However, this week showed that he's very inconsistent. I would rate his play yesterday as an F. He and Law were picked on constantly. His tackling was far from good (one effort in particular stays in my mind that would make me say pathetic but i won't), and he blew a few plays in coverage that cost us big (see Royal and Stokley). Terrible showing and he better get it together.

5. Pass Rush - Where? What was that? Invisible out there.
6. Run D - Wasn't any. Hiller had like 3 19-yard runs in the first half. It wasn't one big play that got the yardage, they just abused us.

7. Revis - IMO another outstanding game. All the pass attack damage was against Law and Elam on the other side. Revis had numerous pass breakups and had very good coverage. I understand why they were doubling Marshall, but why not have Revis man up, and then put Elam over the top? I think we would have been better served to have Rhodes man the other side of the field to 'spread the wealth'. Instead, we let Elam get burned multiple times, and Rhodes had no chances to play the ball in the air where Revis wasn't already shutting down his man.

8. WRs - Coles was non-existant. Did Bly really shut him down? Cotchery has been reliable all season, but his hands weren't what they have been all season. Keller continued to be a bright spot.

9. Barton - It didn't cost us, but i will say that if it had, him being a complete moron and throwing that football would have made my head explode. Instantly i started thinking of Ruud for the Browns a few years ago. Bone-headed play.

10. David Harris - When do we get him back? This week, or next week?

I'll leave it at that. What a frustrating game from numerous fronts. Get it out of the way and move on. Big stretch run coming, we're just lucky the Patriots and Bills both lost...

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Mangini is such a moron some times.
I have no faith in the Jets coaching staff at all.

Thomas Jones, the leading rusher in the AFC, only gets 16 carries...Ty Law blitzing...only rushing 3 linemen...at no point in the game was Cutler even close to getting sacked.

Last edited by gsorace : 12-01-2008 at 06:07 PM.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote