Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 02-27-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott is waiting for the ravens to match our offer and Kemo is staying with the steelers. Damn.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of cool about Kemo. I'm sure we can find a good Guard in the draft and now we have even more money to spend!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Kind of cool about Kemo. I'm sure we can find a good Guard in the draft and now we have even more money to spend!

Way to stsay positive. :D

Im very excited to bring in Scott and hope we bring in Leonhard very soon.
I hear we expect a vist from Ivy as well. Not to high on him but Rex knows more then I do and he will be very cheap

Last edited by GET LOOSE : 02-27-2009 at 02:03 PM.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GET LOOSE View Post
Way to stsay positive. :D

Im very excited to bring in Scott and hope we bring in Leonhard very soon.
I hear we expect a vist from Ivy as well. Not to high on him but Rex knows more then I do and he will be very cheap
I wasn't a fan of signing Kemo for that kinda cash so Im glad he is back in Pittsburgh. Im still hoping the Jets realize the mistake that was releasing Brandon Moore.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I wasn't a fan of signing Kemo for that kinda cash so Im glad he is back in Pittsburgh. Im still hoping the Jets realize the mistake that was releasing Brandon Moore.
Yea I want Moore back I dont know what we were thinking.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not too bummed about missing out on Kemo, but wtf is going on with Scott here? This thing is dragging out way longer than it needs to be. Remember the Antoine Winfield fiasco? At this point I wonder if we actually end up with him.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Not too bummed about missing out on Kemo, but wtf is going on with Scott here? This thing is dragging out way longer than it needs to be. Remember the Antoine Winfield fiasco? At this point I wonder if we actually end up with him.
Agreeing in principle and then going to another team and saying "will you offer the same or more?" isn't really agreeing in principle at all. :(
Old 02-27-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreeing in principle and then going to another team and saying "will you offer the same or more?" isn't really agreeing in principle at all. :(
Just frustrating, he would be such a huge add to our team and everybody's reporting he's on board but then he backs out last second...
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something funny, but Reggie Williams was just caught with pot, so that's probably a no go. lol
Old 02-27-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for Bart Scott, he wants the Ravens to assure him that he will be the leader of our defense, as well as higher pay from the Ravens in order for him to return. The Ravens have 2 choices, overpay him, bring him back and lose Ray, OR let Bart go to New York, and potentially get Ray Lewis back. However, if WE get Bart, Ray has been rumored to consider retirement or he could go to the Jets. So I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Basiclly

Ravens get Bart, Jets get Ray.
Ravens get Ray, Jets get Bart.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Hopefully Ray goes to the Broncos.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

Glade to see this Scott thing didnt drag out any longer then it already did.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

There was reports of us trying to bring in Lito Sheppard, but I'd be very sad if that happened unless it was for an extremely late pick. Supposedly signed Ivy too, but who knows. Bring in Greer!
Old 02-27-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

I dont want Sheppard I hope thats just a rumor. Signed Ivy already? I dont mind he cant coast much at all. I want Leonhard!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
There was reports of us trying to bring in Lito Sheppard, but I'd be very sad if that happened unless it was for an extremely late pick. Supposedly signed Ivy too, but who knows. Bring in Greer!
Quote:
I dont want Sheppard I hope thats just a rumor. Signed Ivy already? I dont mind he cant coast much at all. I want Leonhard!!!

I just checked and Green is a little less than one year younger. Why so against Lito? I don't see any mention of this on Lito's kffl profile, so I'm sure its just a rumor. But what would be so bad about bringing him in?
Old 02-27-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

Lito would probaly coast a 2nd or 3rd. Ill pass unless its a 4th or 5th then I would take him
Old 02-27-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Lito would probaly coast a 2nd or 3rd. Ill pass unless its a 4th or 5th then I would take him
I'd be okay with a third at most. Mostly because the last time the Jets actually drafted someone worthwhile in the third round, it was Kareem McKenzie in 2001.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

I just don't really like giving up draft picks. But in any case, I believe Lito is coming in for an interview/check-up tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Supposedly it's for a 4th round pick. I'd be all for that, except for the fact that I'd like us to keep our 4th rounders. Haha.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

I would not mind giving up a 4th for Lito. Thats pretty reasonable
Old 02-27-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
QB - Kellen Clemens
RB - Thomas Jones
FB - Tony Richardson
WR - Jerricho Cotchery
WR - Chansi Stuckey
WR - David Clowney
TE - Dustin Keller
LT - D'Brickashaw Ferugson
LG - Alan Faneca
C- Nick Mangold
RG - Damien Woody
RT - Wayne Hunter
DE - Shaun Ellis
NT - Kris Jenkins
DE - Kenyon Coleman
OLB - Bryan Thomas
ILB - David Harris
ILB - Cody Spencer
OLB - Calvin Pace
SS - Eric Smith
FS - Kerry Rhodes
CB - Darrelle Revis
CB - Dwight Lowry

I'm sure the Jets coaching staff has full confidence in this as the starting lineup. :p
Assuming the Jets do add Lito and Leonhard, suddenly......

QB - Kellen Clemens
RB - Thomas Jones
FB - Tony Richardson
WR - Jerricho Cotchery
WR - Chansi Stuckey
WR - David Clowney
TE - Dustin Keller
LT - D'Brickashaw Ferugson
LG - Alan Faneca
C- Nick Mangold
RG - Damien Woody
RT - Wayne Hunter
DE - Shaun Ellis
NT - Kris Jenkins
DE - Kenyon Coleman
OLB - Bryan Thomas
ILB - David Harris
ILB - Bart Scott
OLB - Calvin Pace
SS - Jim Leonhard
FS - Kerry Rhodes
CB - Darrelle Revis
CB - Lito Sheppard
NCB - Dwight Lowry

Suddenly the starting lineup is lookin' a bit better. At least on defense. :)
Old 02-27-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

We re-signed Moore! 4 years 16 mil!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Wow. The Jets only had one real blunder this offseason and they seem to have just undone it.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

Quote:
We re-signed Moore! 4 years 16 mil!!!
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!

wow the Jets realized the big mistake nice job.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I'm glad Moore was resigned, although I personally don't feel that it was a mistake to let him go. The $7 million roster bonus and then the likely scenario of him holding out in the following season, made it quite understandable. It seems as though once their Plan A fell through, they handled their business. Glad to see that they aren't too proud to go back to him.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote