Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 05-08-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
This idea of Thomas Jones to the Browns is confusing me.
The Browns obviously aren't going to be making a run this year, so why give up a good, potentially-great, young talent in Edwards, for a RB who is turning 31 in August?

It just doesn't make sense to me...
The only reason I can think of is all of the rumors than Mangini just doesn't want Braylon Edwards on his team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
It would be a great deal for you guys, though if you're able to pull off a Jones/3rd for him.
I think it would be a better deal for you guys (the Bills). The AFC leading rusher AND a mid round pick for an underperforming WR?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My roommate's best friend's older brother (i know i know) is the student football manager for USC. he has natl championship rings and ****. anyways he became good friend with multiple people on the team including Sanchez. since Sanchez doesn't know one person from the east coast he already said that he wants to hang with this kid a lot. soooo conceivably i could meet him!!!

i know roommate's best friend's older brother is like not a close friend, but my roommate lives 10 min from me and ive met his best friend. i told him that i would love to meet him, but would understand if i couldnt. he said at the very least an autograph which is very cool. im excited.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
My roommate's best friend's older brother (i know i know) is the student football manager for USC. he has natl championship rings and ****. anyways he became good friend with multiple people on the team including Sanchez. since Sanchez doesn't know one person from the east coast he already said that he wants to hang with this kid a lot. soooo conceivably i could meet him!!!

i know roommate's best friend's older brother is like not a close friend, but my roommate lives 10 min from me and ive met his best friend. i told him that i would love to meet him, but would understand if i couldnt. he said at the very least an autograph which is very cool. im excited.
That's insanely awesome. Get a picture with him too so we can all collectively enjoy the awesomeness.

Also have him give a shout out to thetedginnshow...
Old 05-08-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
A friend of mine played high school football with D'Brickashaw Ferguson. But I never got to meet him. :(
Old 05-08-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure if a meeting could actually happen, but my roommate said it is definitely a possibility. like when i think about it he's only 2 years older than me and if he's going to be hanging out 10 min from me, there could be a chance of us partying together.

maybe im getting too far ahead of myself. ill settle for some autographed **** first haha
Old 05-08-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

if i do meet him im definitely taking a picture with him.

then i will have the greatest sig in SWDC history. (and NFLDC history for that matter)
Old 05-08-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I saw Mike Hart at the Union and Ryan Mallet at the grocery store.....
Old 05-09-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Say this for Mark Sanchez — the kid just doesn’t play around. After Kerry Rhodes told me that Sanchez had already contacted the Jets’ receivers, I stopped TE Dustin Keller in the locker room Thursday and asked him if he had heard from the rookie quarterback.

“He texted us. He wanted to get together and throw a little bit before rookie minicamp,” Keller said. “He just wanted to get a feel what some of the routes are, so I met up with him and he’s looking really good.”

Without any prodding from the coaching staff or the organization, Sanchez smartly got to work with a few of the veterans before running plays with the rookies. Since league rules don't permit rookies to be at the facility during the week leading up to rookie camp, Sanchez connected with Keller at a local New Jersey high school. (Dustin, who attended Jefferson HS in Indiana, doesn’t recall the name.)

“It was actually just me and him,” said Keller, who caught 48 balls last season and will be a main cog in the offensive attack going forward. “We were out there for like 45 minutes to an hour, but he was throwing a really good ball. He puts it right where it needs to be every time and he’s a real cool guy, a real likable guy.”

Maybe Sanchez doesn’t own a howitzer like Brett Favre, but the kid has an arm that is more than adequate. All the reporters could see that last week at rookie minicamp and Keller says Sanchez was on the money during their informal throwing session.

“I thought he had a good arm. When I was coming out of the breaks, the ball was right there,” he said. “I was excited about it.”

In an outgoing and respectful manner, Sanchez has sent a clear message to his teammates. He’s not going to be intimidated by making a transition to the pro level and there is business to attend to.

“I liked that being a rookie, he’s trying to get all the guys to come out and throw. That says a lot about him and his leadership,” Keller said. “As soon as he got here, he was a man of his word. He was ready to go to work as soon as I got there.”

Sanchez certainly has the “it” you want in a quarterback. The Jets’ brass fell for him at his personal workout and he’s already getting rave reviews from his new teammates.

“He’s a laid-back guy but just ready to go at all times,” said Keller. "I don’t know — it’s hard to explain. He’s a real cool guy that is always trying to get better.”
http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/post...to-go-to-work-
Old 05-09-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's possible to read these articles without getting goosebumps. God I'm excited for the season

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just from reading all this stuff on Sanchez, he sounds like a great leader. Obviously he hasn't had a hard time fitting in and it seems like all his teammates like him. If he could translate all this on the field, he is going to be fun to watch. I cant wait for the season to start.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...on-jets-radar/

The Jets are taking a look at Pacman. Im really suprised. We really dont have a need for him and I dont want him on our team. He has trouble written all over him. We dont need a guy of his character on our team.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-09-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...on-jets-radar/

The Jets are taking a look at Pacman. Im really suprised. We really dont have a need for him and I dont want him on our team. He has trouble written all over him. We dont need a guy of his character on our team.
Hopefully its just due diligence. The Jets have Revis, Lito, Lowry and Donald Strickland.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

That would be terrible. There's just too many strip clubs. It's interesting we're looking at these guys though. I know, due diligence and everything, but they wouldn't care if there wasn't some concern.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love make it rain jokes. I recognize that not only does our roster have enough depth at corner to not take a chance on Pacman, I also realize New York is the worst place for him. However, I love make it rain jokes.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:23 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
There's one man in this town who can best relate to the potential pitfalls and glory that await Mark Sanchez, the Jets' prized first-round draft pick.

That man is Eli Manning.

The Giants mortgaged their future to acquire Manning on draft day in 2004, engineering the biggest trade in franchise history with the Chargers to make Manning a Giant.

Manning started nine games in his rookie year and struggled, drawing criticism from the cynics who thought the Giants spent too much to get him. In his fourth season, however, he led the Giants to a Super Bowl championship and now is somewhat of a made man in this town.

The Jets made a similar bold move in last month's draft, bolting up 12 spots in the first round to secure Sanchez, whom they hope will become the Super Bowl-winning franchise quarterback for them that Manning has become for the Giants.

Now, the pressure Manning felt six years ago is squarely on Sanchez.

Manning, in an exclusive interview with The Post, spoke about what Sanchez will face as a highly touted, high draft pick, rookie quarterback in New York with the blinding glare of expectations upon him.

"With Mark, it's the first time the Jets have a quarterback they went out and drafted early and there are a lot of expectations on him," Manning said. "There's a lot of hype going around him and people are going to want immediate results. It might happen and it could, but it's hard.

"You've got to go through some of the challenges of being a young player. There are going to be some low points. It's a matter of getting through those lows."

Manning, who met and spoke with Sanchez at the Super Bowl in February, said his first bit of advice for the rookie is to stay humble.

"It's always a little different situation when you're drafted as an early pick like both of us and you go into the locker room and people start seeing your contract and what you're making," Manning said. "You've got to go in there, keep quiet a little bit and work hard to earn the respect from your other players."

The daunting task of doing it in New York presents another challenge.

"In New York, it just goes game-by-game of how he's doing," Manning said. "That's just kind of the way it works in New York. There's not a whole lot of leeway with people saying, 'He's got it or he doesn't have it.' People are going to make quick decisions about you whether good or bad, and you can't let it affect you, good or bad."

Manning, too, warned of proper behavior off the field, something he has championed since coming here.

"Being around New York you're very visible, so you've got to watch out what you're doing and where you're hanging out," he said. "You've got to kind of think about how you want to be thought of and appear. It's a lot of live and learn."

Manning said he expects to reach out to Sanchez sometime this summer and offer whatever help he can.

"I'm sure we'll develop some sort of relationship, playing in the same town and probable seeing each other around New Jersey since the Jets moved here," Manning said. "Something will come up. Me and Chad [Pennington] hung out some and sent some text messages. You've got to deal with similar things around New York, and he was helpful to me when I first came here."

Manning said he doesn't think starting right away is paramount to Sanchez's success, but playing some his rookie year would help.

"He's in a good position where he's going to get some playing time his rookie year, and the Jets have a good team around him," Manning said. "That's the most important thing, however you get it. We went 1-6 in games I started [my rookie year]. The next season, I had a lot of confidence and we won NFC East. I don't think we could have had as successful a second year if it weren't for me getting playing time my rookie season.

"I think in Mark's case he'll definitely get playing time this year, so that'll be good."

Manning said winning the Super Bowl -- something expectant Jets fans are counting on with Sanchez -- completely changed the way he was perceived.

"It definitely was a great experience, and you love having one under your belt," he said. "You feel not so much that you have to keep proving yourself every game. You get some of the doubters out of there. But it doesn't end any hunger from my aspect. If anything it makes you hungrier to get back to a championship.

"Obviously with Mark, [winning a championship] is what the Jets are thinking. He's coming from a great program at USC and sounds like a great kid. I'm sure he'll get off to a good start and be a good player for the Jets for a long time."
http://www.nypost.com/seven/05092009...79.htm?&page=0

The bolded part is an interesting tidbit. It's a bit of a contrast to what many here and elsewhere believe on starting rookie QBs since he doesn't seem to have a real issue with a rookie starting. As much as I hate him, I think Eli's completely right. It's nice to see him taking Mark under his wing too.

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 05-10-2009 at 04:25 AM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
http://www.nypost.com/seven/05092009...79.htm?&page=0

The bolded part is an interesting tidbit. It's a bit of a contrast to what many here and elsewhere believe on starting rookie QBs since he doesn't seem to have a real issue with a rookie starting. As much as I hate him, I think Eli's completely right. It's nice to see him taking Mark under his wing too.
That's quite the story. The big thing that'll help Sanchez when he takes the field and starts right away is that he'll have an offensive line in front of him that can keep him on his feet. If that wasn't the case then I think he wouldn't be getting the strong chance to play right away. You look at Stafford's situation and it's just flat-out awful, and even though getting experience is so important, when you're going to be put on your ass as much as he would, then it may not be worth the risk right away. Plus, beyond all the protection and experience stuff, Mark Sanchez is a natural born leader and that's what is most impressive about him.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/post...son-ave-opens?

The Jets opened up a team store in the city. Next time Im there I gotta stop in. They are going to have player appearences throughout the season. I need to go there.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-11-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

i'll definitely still have to stop by once or twice this summer. looks cool
Old 05-11-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...veteran_t.html

Apparently we re-signed Bubba Franks. Kind of funny. Personally I'm pulling for Jack Simmons to get the spot behind Keller.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Apparently we re-signed Bubba Franks. Kind of funny. Personally I'm pulling for Jack Simmons to get the spot behind Keller.
Not shocking that we re-signed Bubba, we really needed something at TE and with Gaines going to the Bears there really isn't much out there. I'm pulling for Bullock, but it seems like he'll have a bit of an uphill climb. If that's the same article I read in the paper today, Hutch mentions his confusion with re-signing Baker because he's a pass catching TE who doesn't bring the necessary blocking to compliment Keller. I was amused.

Apparently LW is not coming to the voluntary stuff because of his contract along with TJ. Means a lot of reps for Shonn Greene and Danny Woodhead I guess. Leon definitely has a lot more leverage than TJ because he's the team's most explosive offensive weapon and brings things to the table that a guy like Greene won't replace. Woodhead is the best shot on the roster to replace him but that's clearly a stretch. Obviously drafting Shonn helps with leverage though. We should have enough room to take care of him after signing Sanchez, Greene, and Slauson so if we don't do it before the season or at the very least during I'll be pretty disappointed. Would say something about his demands (6 million/year?) and how replaceable the FO thinks he is.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Would that be Jack Simmons the tight end from Minnesota? If so he was a stud in high school back in Illinois. Started on the varsity all four years at Carmel High School. Kid is just a football player. I hope he can stick with you guys.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Would that be Jack Simmons the tight end from Minnesota? If so he was a stud in high school back in Illinois. Started on the varsity all four years at Carmel High School. Kid is just a football player. I hope he can stick with you guys.
Yes it would. He was a tryout player in the rookie minicamp and was really the only tryout rookie who stuck, and the team signed him. Ryan specifically mentioned him a couple times in the presser as well. He definitely has a chance to stick with our issues at tight end, possibly the best of all of the tryouts because he showed some things as a blocker. If Bullock shows he has a chance to be special I think he may make it, but otherwise it seems like Simmons is in the league.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

I kind of think it's crazy that Leon's demands are up to 6, unless that 4 mil estimate was just thrown out there by some writer. I don't know. I know he's dynamic and everything, but Brandon Jacobs is coming off of a 1,000 yard season and he got 6.25 per. IMO, Leon should be getting something like 5. I don't know what the Jets offered though, especially for it to be called "an insult". I hope they come to some middle ground because I don't want the Jets to completely give in but I certainly don't want him to just walk.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

per Michael Lombardi

Quote:
1. My phone was on fire last week with information about mini-camps and what players looked great, especially the draft picks. Not sure I’m buying this positively or negatively. The camps are just that — camps — and they’re a fresh look at the players, but to make a clear determination right now would be premature. However, one person I respect greatly who knows pro football inside and out, having played the game, told me that Mark Sanchez is the real deal — the real deal.
The real deal.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
I kind of think it's crazy that Leon's demands are up to 6, unless that 4 mil estimate was just thrown out there by some writer. I don't know. I know he's dynamic and everything, but Brandon Jacobs is coming off of a 1,000 yard season and he got 6.25 per. IMO, Leon should be getting something like 5.
Derrick Ward is coming off of a 1,000 yard season, is much closer of a running back to Leon than Brandon Jacobs and he got four mil a year give or take. To me, that is a much better indicator of what Leon should be getting. If he thinks he is worth 6 mil, he's nuts. He's an all-pro returner and an explosive playmaker, but come on. He had 800 yards rushing and receiving this past year.