Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 05-19-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pure sex.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm in love. He needs to start just based on his sexiness.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed Slauson. I'll be more excited for some other contracts, particularly guys like Sanchez and LW if that happens, but it's nice to officially have the guy in the fold. Lets hope he turns out to be a monster and a late-round steal.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post

And that just proves my theory........ Germans love Mark Sanchez.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
We signed Slauson. I'll be more excited for some other contracts, particularly guys like Sanchez and LW if that happens, but it's nice to officially have the guy in the fold. Lets hope he turns out to be a monster and a late-round steal.
Who cares man? Staring into Sanchez' eyes is like the first time I heard the Beatles.

All seriousness, I really don't forsee problems with Sanchez. I think both he and the organization understand that he needs to be in training camp on time to get up to speed. It sounds like its getting closer with Leon, so I'm not going to worry until there is something to worry about. It sounds like everything is going fine. I'll panic 10 times as much as everyone when everything starts blowing up though.

With Slauson, I just hope he serves as depth at a few positions on O-line. I've been told by a few people that are more familiar with him that he is capable of being passable at a few places on the line.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott gave us an A-. Not shocking since he loves the teams that go after quarterbacks, but it was nice to read a really positive review...
Old 05-20-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like he also likes when teams go for quality over quantity, which we've been doing the past couple years.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The New York Jets were in a sticky situation. On paper they had all of the pieces in place to contend in 2009 expect the most important one: Quarterback. The problem was they were selecting in the middle of round one and there didn’t figure to be a an upper-echelon signal caller on the board at that point. However, like any good franchise the Jets realized the importance of the quarterback position and after identifying a prospect who they felt could be the answer to their problems they got proactive and did what it took to land him. Even though they only made three selections in the the 2009 NFL Draft the Jets were arguably the star of the show and the team that everyone was talking about. Was opting for quality over quantity the right move?
He likes us, he really likes us!
Old 05-20-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
It seems like he also likes when teams go for quality over quantity, which we've been doing the past couple years.
It is always a slippery slope in this debate. In one sense, you want a whole bunch of guys who can make the team, giving you good depth and good competition. The more guys, the higher chance that some of them pan out, or you end up with a bunch of guys. But, there is always the chance that many don't see the field or don't even make the team. What good is a bunch of guys if they don't make it.

On the other side, if you are only taking a limited number of guys, you really can't build your depth and if even one doesn't make it, you really haven't added much to the whole team, and football isn't a one man game. But, if you get the guys you want and they stick, you very well could end up with the same number of guys making it, or having certain guys excel.

Both have upside/downside, and ultimately it comes down to the players you draft and how the system fits them. Ideally you do both by getting 5/6 guys who make it and play well, but that almost never happens. Scott appreciates teams that know what they want and go out and get it. I think this is a good approach so long as you do it effectively and don't do it every year, potentially mortgaging the ultimate depth of the team in both the short- and long-term.

A franchise QB is a situation you do it for. Greene's level of play will determine the worthyness of the second move, which i'm still out on.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So ahm..., how's Shonn Greene looking guys?

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
So ahm..., how's Shonn Greene looking guys?

Good?
Old 05-21-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still hate you all, the Rams WERE picking him the very next pick.

I hate you all with a PASSION! *end hate*

I hope he does well for you guys, definitely a steal!

The Chief.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I love Shonn, should be fun to watch him run next year. So glad we have a legit bruiser.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I still hate you all, the Rams WERE picking him the very next pick.

I hate you all with a PASSION! *end hate*

I hope he does well for you guys, definitely a steal!
Well, I hate you all with a passion for disrespecting Brian Leonard while he was on your team, then trading him to the Cinci of all places.

Derza, you're a cinci fan. Whats his role looking like next year?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Well, I hate you all with a passion for disrespecting Brian Leonard while he was on your team, then trading him to the Cinci of all places.

He should get a ton of play time on third downs, because Benson sucks there. They have a couple potential backs, but nobody nearly as good as Leonard, and I don't think they'll hurt his play time any. There also are some issues at fullback, so he could very well get play time there. And if Benson turns into old Benson instead of end of last year Benson, I could see Leonard getting quite a few touches in general. I think it's a good spot for him because he can impact the team in a lot of different ways, provided Bratkowski isn't an idiot and uses him like the versatile weapon that he is.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post

Not my fault he couldn't stay healthy or beat our Antonio Pittman.

The Chief.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not my fault he couldn't stay healthy or beat our Antonio Pittman.
The getting hurt part is true. However, beating out Antonio Pittman is the Rams fault. They have been crappy talent evaluators on many occasions and that was one of them. Not using him was the decision of a coach that has an 11-25 record and has since been fired for incompetence. He refused to use Leonard even though he is really versatile. Not even as a receiver. A smart team has him getting carries as a backup, catching the ball out of the backfield, and even occasionally lining up at tight end. Hopefully the Bengals will recognize his skill set and actually use him.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Seems like Rexy loves Westerman. They've got him learning ILB in addition to OLB already. Seems like by far our top UDFA at the moment. Also kind of cool, right now they have defensive packages for Carrol and Ihedigbo. And Gholston got some praise, nothing major, but praise, from Ryan also.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seems like Rexy loves Westerman. They've got him learning ILB in addition to OLB already. Seems like by far our top UDFA at the moment. Also kind of cool, right now they have defensive packages for Carrol and Ihedigbo. And Gholston got some praise, nothing major, but praise, from Ryan also.
The only UDFA I really, really care about is Southerland. He is a hell of a blocker and could start for us down the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VhmOJ8kpF8

Last edited by 'cuse-213 : 05-22-2009 at 11:20 AM.
'cuse-213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

It says that Rhodes wasnt involved but I hope the article is right. Im going to admit that I was holding my breath while reading this.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 05-25-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

It says that Rhodes wasnt involved but I hope ithe article is right. Im going to admit that I was holding my breath while reading this.
Happy birthday there. You're blessed with the birthday the day after mine!
Old 05-25-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He better not be......don't know what else to say.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how is Rex's defense looking so far? What all do you expect from it? Hate to say it but I really like this coaching staff and I think the Jets will have one damn good defense.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What do you mean by that? Packages specifically designed to get them on the field? Cause that wouldn't really be a bad thing. If we could utilize Carroll's speed on the defense side as well as special teams.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
So how is Rex's defense looking so far? What all do you expect from it? Hate to say it but I really like this coaching staff and I think the Jets will have one damn good defense.
It supposedly looks really, really good in practice right now. So we'll see. Supposedly things are moving a lot faster than they thought and things are getting installed pretty quickly. I'm pretty excited about everything, hopefully it'll be a very effective defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
What do you mean by that? Packages specifically designed to get them on the field? Cause that wouldn't really be a bad thing. If we could utilize Carroll's speed on the defense side as well as special teams.
I guess that's the idea, Ryan commented on it in one of his pressers but didn't go much into detail. I presume they're specific packages to take advantage of certain abilities that players have, like Carroll's speed like you said. The quote's below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Ryan
We have a great group of talented players and I think with Mike [Pettine] and all the other defensive coaches, I think they are doing a good job of teaching and finding out what our players can do and what they can do best. They are already mixing in certain packages. We have a package for "Batman" [Ahmad Carroll], we have a package for "Dig" [James Ihedigbo] and all these other guys and itís fun to watch them.
http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...ews-conference