Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 08-24-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well then.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The New York Jets: They're going 0-2 in the preseason.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody looking foward to Ainge later in this game because I know I am.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Anybody looking foward to Ainge later in this game because I know I am.
He might just be the second best QB on our roster.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
He might just be the second best QB on our roster.
I am very close of removing the "I still believe in Kellen Clemens" from my sig.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Alright, Clemens gives me a reason to believe in him. Great catch by Clowney. He is a pre-season monster.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ainge honestly looks pretty decent, though he's not getting a ton of help from his wideouts. Hopefully he continues to develop and show some things, he can at the very least be a solid backup or we can get something for him in awhile.

Gruden making it seem like he thinks he knows that there's a WR coming in sometime soon which is interesting.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Gruden making it seem like he thinks he knows that there's a WR coming in sometime soon which is interesting.
I hope that's true. But just the same, what took so ****in long? We haven't learned much about the WR corps that we didn't know back in March.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Ainge honestly looks pretty decent, though he's not getting a ton of help from his wideouts. Hopefully he continues to develop and show some things, he can at the very least be a solid backup or we can get something for him in awhile.

Who are some available free agent Wide Receivers that would be a good fit with us?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who are some available free agent Wide Receivers that would be a good fit with us?
Well could be a free agent or a trade. Free agent maybe they give in on Jones or go for Harrison but I doubt that happens. I'd say Harrison is the more likely of the two though I kind of prefer Jones as a fit. Trade the Marshall/Bowe stuff has been thrown around, both would be studs though I'd prefer Bowe. On the WR topic, wonder if Allison makes the roster. He looks explosive but definitely made some mistakes out there.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Is Bowe a real option or was that just a rumor because of his bad play recently? I'd actually give up more for him than Marshall.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Is Bowe a real option or was that just a rumor because of his bad play recently? I'd actually give up more for him than Marshall.
I agree. I think Marshall is a better player but he brings too much baggage with him.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
I think it's a rumor because he's been demoted so much by KC and Haley's giving him a hard time. Figured I'd throw it out there since it has been a rumor though. I'd definitely love Bowe, really like his playing style and as it's been said he's got less baggage.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:26 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Eh, don't feel bad about Gholston, he did more this game than any other. I actually saw him chasing a QB!!!
This week not so much. He played a lot tonight and other than the one downfield tackle I don't think he made an impact. He also spent a lot of time in the down position which is supposed to be what me is more comfortable with.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Interesting that on ESPN (FWIW) there was some discussion of Marshall to the Jets in two areas. One was Schefter's blog, where he said that they have explored going after Marshall and Bowe but it was too cost prohibitive. Then Clayton said that Marshall would be a great fit here or in Baltimore, but unless one of the teams was willing to give up a 1 and a 4 (or the equivalent) it probably wouldn't happen. Seems like a lot to give up for a guy with Marshall's baggage, do you guys think it would be worth it?

As an aside, any defensive players you could see attempting to trade in a deal for Marshall or Bowe? Both Denver and KC are new 3-4 teams and while we really can't afford to give up any offensive weapons defensively it could make sense to try to deal somebody who may not be missed too much.

Last edited by derza222 : 08-25-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A 1 and a 4 is too high from my standpoint for a person with Marshall's problems. Talent-wise he is very worth it, but you never know with him. You never know in the draft either, but in the long run it is probably the safer route.

Expendable parts? We don't have great depth anywhere, and i'd rather keep most of the guys that would need to be involved.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Then Clayton said that Marshall would be a great fit here or in Baltimore, but unless one of the teams was willing to give up a 1 and a 4 (or the equivalent) it probably wouldn't happen. Seems like a lot to give up for a guy with Marshall's baggage, do you guys think it would be worth it?

No, nothing kills the value of a WR like baggage. Look no further than what T.O. garnered via trade.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I definitely agree, not sure I want Marshall for any more than a bargain deal and even then I don't know if I'd want him around. Bowe on the other hand I'd love, definitely would think about the 1 and the 4 for him although with our potential record this year being all over the place I'd have to think twice about it.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Quote:
I definitely agree, not sure I want Marshall for any more than a bargain deal and even then I don't know if I'd want him around. Bowe on the other hand I'd love, definitely would think about the 1 and the 4 for him although with our potential record this year being all over the place I'd have to think twice about it.
Agreed, much rather have Bowe than Marshall. Marshall is one incident away from getting a long suspension. If he got in trouble in Denver, I couldn't imagine him doing better in NYC.

A 1st and 4th for Bowe would be a steal in my book. I don't think our record would be all over the place with him so I wouldn't mind trading the picks.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:13 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

looks like he Sanchez era begins

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...r-in-QB-battle
Old 08-26-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Franchez the starter!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Let the rollercoaster ride begin!!!
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I just read somewhere that there is a rumor that Reggie Brown will be cut by the Eagles and the Jets are very interested in him. He's always had "potential" but has never really done anything. My question is, Is he better than what we've got or is he just another guy who may make the team as a #4?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-26-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
I just read somewhere that there is a rumor that Reggie Brown will be cut by the Eagles and the Jets are very interested in him. He's always had "potential" but has never really done anything. My question is, Is he better than what we've got or is he just another guy who may make the team as a #4?
Honestly based on what we've got he's probably a starting option and potentially our #2 guy based on how he performs in practice and whatnot, JMO. I'd love to give Stuckey a chance if we don't bring in a bona fide #1 guy but if they're intent on leaving him in the slot and he gets some play time there I think Reggie Brown may be a starter opposite Cotch with our awful WR group.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Brown would probably be an upgrade over what is starting, although last year was a disappointment for him. He isn't exactly what we are looking for, but so long as it isn't a large contract, would be worth a shot given our current situation at the position.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote