Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-04-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I don't see how it's a bad deal. I'd be willing to say that there's a 95% change that any CB we drafted in the 3rd round of next years draft would most likely not produce any better than Cro. However, with Cro, we know what type of athletic freak he is and what type of player he is capable of being.

If he can stay healthy, I see no reason why Rex can't get the best out of him. Not to mention he'll see a lot of balls thrown his way playing opposite Revis, hopefully he can get back to his ballhawking days.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:58 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
If he can stay healthy, I see no reason why Rex can't get the best out of him.
In Rex we trust
Old 03-05-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope this doesn't turn into a second rounder. Cromartie is not worth that at all. I don't even think he is worth the 3rd. One thing going for Cro right now is the fact that he will never have to lineup against a #1 WR.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 03-05-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the deal is good because even a second rounder for Cromartie at 70-80% isn't bad considering how dominant he has shown he can be. I wasn't familiar enough with the Chargers D to know that Cromartie wanted more man coverage while the Chargers D wasn't too accommodating. Perhaps with Rex and playing in man coverage, Cromartie can perform more up to his ability. I'm still worried aobut his off field stuff and the fact that a team would trade away a 25 year old with his kind of athleticism for a second rounder. Now that it has happened i'll just hope for the best and I like it a little more than I did when it was just rumors.

Last edited by josh07039 : 03-05-2010 at 12:55 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how has cromartie been doing with returns recently? if we lose LW, he'll probably be our guy.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I think the deal is good because even a second rounder for Cromartie at 70-80% isn't bad considering how dominant he has shown he can be. I wasn't familiar enough with the Chargers D to know that Cromartie wanted more man coverage while the Chargers D wasn't too accommodating. Perhaps with Rex and playing in man coverage, Cromartie can perform more up to his ability. I'm still worried aobut his off field stuff and the fact that a team would trade away a 25 year old with his kind of athleticism for a second rounder. Now that it has happened i'll just hope for the best and I like it a little more than I did when it was just rumors.
he has 7 kids with 6 different women...he has to be a probowler just to make enough money to pay child support!
Old 03-05-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, looking at Chauncey Washington run, he might actually be a good fit for our offense. The north/south style will serve him well. Obviously still could use help at RB, but he might have a place in our offense.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Actually, looking at Chauncey Washington run, he might actually be a good fit for our offense. The north/south style will serve him well. Obviously still could use help at RB, but he might have a place in our offense.

Mike T noted in his presser that Washington's pass pro is also really strong, which is really important for any RB trying to make a roster against the odds even though this hasn't been too much of a passing team.

Two other things stuck out to me in the presser outside of all the Cromartie talk. One, it doesn't sound like he's done picking up corners at all. And the other was that he felt they might have been forced into drafting a corner at 29 and now this kind of opens things up to a bunch of positions. Things seem pretty wide open right now and there are a lot of spots that could use some youth and talent without necessarily being huge, immediate needs so hopefully we can grab a talented guy who slips some to that back end of the first.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I really hope this doesn't turn into a second rounder. Cromartie is not worth that at all. I don't even think he is worth the 3rd. One thing going for Cro right now is the fact that he will never have to lineup against a #1 WR.
But that's the beauty of the conditional draft pick. IF it does turn into second round compensation, than that means he did live up to expectations, which in case, he is definitely worth it.

The kid is an athletic freak and is definitely going to benefit from moving from a zone oriented defensive scheme towards a more man to man one.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cromarite is saying all the right things, we'll see if it translates. I was also happy to hear that Kerry will most likely be staying next year, barring a great offer or Kerry being a jackass.

The thing with the conditional pick is what it is based on. If it's ints then he will have earned it. If it is based on starts or playing time, then he will have a hard time not earning it because we have no other corners.I hope the jets were smart and made it based on performance rather than playing time. I'm a little worried about the condition because PFT reported the JEts were bidding against 8 other teams.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Jersey/B
Rookie

Jersey/B is a cocksman.Jersey/B is a cocksman.Jersey/B is a cocksman.

Kerry Rhodes was traded to the Cards fir a 4th round pick this year and a 7th in '11. What do you guys think? I feel we could've gotten more
Jersey/B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree...relatively disappointed with the trade. I presume they have some idea of how he will be replaced though...hopefully it helps the product on the field. Would have been nice to get at least a 3 for him.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

This sucks. He can easily outperform that fourth round pick even if he doesn't revert to the elite safety he was a few years ago. I really don't understand this one at all.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

always been a big Rhodes fan, i understand why a lot of you guys aren't too happy with the trade

what do you think the main reason for him under preforming last year was

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mr. T ****** up that one. He is worth more than a 4th and a 7th considering he is a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-06-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Mr. T ****** up that one. He is worth more than a 4th and a 7th considering he is a Pro Bowl caliber player.
agreed. i hae become less of a fan of his over the last year but would have thought he'd get us a third, or atleast a 4th this year and next. to me the 7th is garbage.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Jersey/B
Rookie

Jersey/B is a cocksman.Jersey/B is a cocksman.Jersey/B is a cocksman.

Hopefully at least it's a conditional 4th and it'll become a 3rd
Jersey/B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey/B View Post
Hopefully at least it's a conditional 4th and it'll become a 3rd
its this years pick so no way it could be conditional..perhaps next years is though...
Old 03-06-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Matt56

Hi new here! On Kerry a 4th rounder and a seventh 2011 might not sound so great but in a deep draft an extra 4th rounder can be used to get up to take a player you realy like. Also I have seen eough of Kerry not wanting to hit a RB or WR you can get away with that as a CB but not a SS or FS sorry he had to go not a Rex type of player! JMHO
Old 03-07-2010, 01:33 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're better at picking guys in the 4th than the 3rd. That has to be their reasoning. :P

In any case, I'm all for the trade. You always would like more value back, but I think it was time for him to go.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
In any case, I'm all for the trade. You always would like more value back, but I think it was time for him to go.
I am for it too...once we got Cromartie I thought Kerry was on his way out because there is no room for two non physical DBs in anyone's starting lineup, especially Rex's.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

There are some rumours that are saying the Jets are interested in Laveranues Coles. Im all for it. He is perfect in the slot and it puts off drafting a WR in the first few rounds for another year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
There are some rumours that are saying the Jets are interested in Laveranues Coles. Im all for it. He is perfect in the slot and it puts off drafting a WR in the first few rounds for another year.
I don't have a problem with it, just hope its a one year deal otherwise he will complain about his contract in mid-season..lol..Think we also need a guy who can stretch the field though since Clowney has not seemed to develop.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
I don't have a problem with it, just hope its a one year deal otherwise he will complain about his contract in mid-season..lol..Think we also need a guy who can stretch the field though since Clowney has not seemed to develop.
Edwards, Cotchery, Coles, & Keller would be a great unit for Sanchez to continue his development.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 AM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

timewaster timewaster timewaster timewaster

Walace Wright cut and now signed with the Panthers

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/03/0...with-panthers/

I understand we may go in heavy at the WR position but nobody can say he isnt a ST ace. BOoooooooooo
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote