Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-17-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

timewaster timewaster timewaster timewaster

Jets on HBO Hard Knocks?

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/03/1...rd-knock-life/

I HOPE SO!

Rex is by far the most entertaining HC in the league right now. Imagine him on cable? Add to the fact TC will probably be all the way up in Cortland again.
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
Jets on HBO Hard Knocks?
That would be amazing. I was hoping we'd get it last year but coming off of the AFC Championship appearance I think it will be even better this year. I really don't think any other team would come close to being as entertaining for this year's show. So many personalities and story lines. An added bonus would be actually getting to see the team at training camp. Cortland is too far away for me so I didn't get to make my annual trip last year. Had to settle for OTA's which was still pretty cool.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
I threw thatout there a few weeks back but haven't seen it reported...have you seen it reported?
ESPN had something on it. It was Insider so I couldn't see. It probably won't be however they detailed it out since they're ESPN and always wrong. However, seeing our persistence with Marshall makes me believe he's eventually going to be ours. We usually get what we want, and we've been crushin' on him for at least two years now, and probably since when he was drafted. Personally, I don't mind if it's straight up. I feel like we pretty much have to start keeping as many picks as we can so I wouldn't be in favor of giving up any of that or, say, a key players of ours, but I'd be all in favor of Braylon going. And really, adding a later pick wouldn't be so horrible (a 4th?). I mean, there might be a lock out next year anyway so we might as well go for it all! And if in fact they do get a new CBA up, I think we're going to start becoming a hot spot for FAs to want to come to because of Rex.

But yeah. Honestly, I see Marshall's problems being all off-field stuff save for his little thing with McDaniels, but who didn't like him? I've never really heard about him being an actual locker room killer, and really, with Braylon calling out Schotty after our playoff game (though he was right), he's no cub scout... and he isn't half the receiver Marshall is.

Switching gears, expected the T-Rich signing, but really like it. I do think this would be a good time to get a UDFA/late round FB though to get some pointers from him before he fossilizes.

And it's cool that we get a Thanksgiving game. Was that just decided? If so, Goodell's really doing all he can to suck up to Woody.

Oh and I'd really like us on Hard Knocks, even if I won't get to watch it.

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 03-18-2010 at 06:23 AM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

So I was chatting to my good friend who works in the Jets offices and gets direct information and I was informed that we are pulling hard for Marshall. It is also looking like (still in shock from I was first informed this) we are attempting to ship Braylon to them for a pick or two and then we'd sign Marshall and eliminating the opportunity of trading our first rounder. IMO, this is the best case scenario. Odds this happens, slim. This is what he said the Front Office is trying to figure out and there have been rumors that the Broncos are trying to acquire Braylon. I still don't understand why, and I was so high on him when he first came but ever since that Bills drop, I can't get my head around him.

I think inevitably we'll wind up acquiring Marshall which will be the perfect fit for this team. The best part about this it gives us the chance to draft a defensive end in the draft which I think is our biggest need. If we keep our first rounder, I wouldn't be opposed to trading down into the second and stocking up on another 2nd and possibly a third since this is a deep D-lineman draft. We also have to address the aging Guard situation. This is a perfect chance to us to take on all those needs.

I know it would be a waste of a pick, but I would love to see that 400 lb Jabba the Hut wannabe Terrence Cody on our d-line and groom that train to be the Kris Jenkins replacement for when time comes, thats obviously a stretch though.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Looks like Jay Feely is visiting the Cards this week. Not sure what we are thinking here because Feely has been the Jets best kicker in the last 20 yeras.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, I just watched some old vids of Brandon Marshall and reminded myself of how much I loved him before all that crazy stuff happened with him and that girl. I'm pretty much down now for giving up anything outside of a first rounder and any of our players save for Braylon and Leon.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Actually, I just watched some old vids of Brandon Marshall and reminded myself of how much I loved him before all that crazy stuff happened with him and that girl. I'm pretty much down now for giving up anything outside of a first rounder and any of our players save for Braylon and Leon.
Yeah I just did the same. He's easily a top 5 WR and is arguably the best after the catch. I wasn't for acquiring him going into last season, but after his little prima donna act in training camp I thought he let his play do the talking for him. The battle with McDaniels doesn't worry me one bit because Rex is such a likable guy and McDaniels kinda seems like a douche bag. I would be for trading Braylon and a 2nd rounder or later. I'm not sure we should give anything more, because we have some holes to fill and limited draft picks as is, not because the value wouldn't add up. The only thing I would be worried about with him is giving him the big money, long-term deal he wants. However, I would have that same worry about Braylon so I guess it would be better to give it to the better talent.

I think we've had our eye on the Marshall situation for quite some time and before the draft would be the perfect time to pull a deal because Denver likely won't be able to get maximum value for him.

Last edited by msolimani : 03-17-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That has to be a typo, right? I'd give up Braylon or Leon but there are plenty of other guys I wouldn't.

I'm off to do the same now...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
That has to be a typo, right? I'd give up Braylon or Leon but there are plenty of other guys I wouldn't.

I'm off to do the same now...
Oh. It's finals week. I've had limited sleep. I meant they're the only ones I'd be willing to give up (of the notable people).

EDIT: Also, on the Marshall front, how about Braylon and a swap of our first and their second? That's about equivalent to a third rounder and we wouldn't lose a pick. Do you think that'd interest them? Should that interest us? I don't really know how much they're asking for. What did they want last year? Did they just want Harris from us or him plus a pick? If it was just him, I can't imagine us having to give a ton more than Braylon considering the increased strain between Marshall and them, as well as the contract demands (granted, they'd have to re-sign Braylon, though he should be much cheaper).

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 03-18-2010 at 12:25 AM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
I know it would be a waste of a pick, but I would love to see that 400 lb Jabba the Hut wannabe Terrence Cody on our d-line and groom that train to be the Kris Jenkins replacement for when time comes, thats obviously a stretch though.
I dunno that it's that much of a stretch, honestly. He's been very productive in college and a new NT/depth there long term could be used. They've pretty much set themselves up to go BPA at the end of the first, too. They had a ton of people at the 'Bama Pro Day apparently so that probably decreases the chances, but I still definitely think it's a possibility.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
MyLostintention
Pro Bowler

MyLostintention hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i agree, cody is definitely a possibility, but knowing the Jets we won't be picking at number 29...
MyLostintention is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLostintention View Post
i agree, cody is definitely a possibility, but knowing the Jets we won't be picking at number 29...
Probably not. Does everybody think Tannenbaum is more likely to move up or down this draft? Interesting because there are a bunch of players he might like enough to move up for, but this draft has really nice options in the round 2-3 range also that he might be interested.

Also apparently LW hasn't signed his tender yet and is still getting some interest from other teams, Edwards and Smith along with I believe Ihedigbo signed their tenders yesterday. Keels thinks there will be more of a market for Leon coming up to the draft. I love Leon but getting a second rounder for a 28 year old back coming off of a major injury is something I think you have to take.

Who are some players everybody thinks we might target this year in the draft that could be a bit of a surprise to most? I'd be very interested to hear your responses, something a little more out of the box. Time to get some discussion going here, the draft is only 30 days away!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
Probably not. Does everybody think Tannenbaum is more likely to move up or down this draft?
i am kind of hoping they trade down unless there is a guy the identify as a cornerstone. i am concerned about long term depth and obviously draft picks are the best way to replenish it.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

I love Rex

"Facing Tom Brady, facing [Ronnie] Brown and all these guys you face every week, overconfident will not be an issue," Ryan replied. "We go into every game thinking we're going to win. Every single game. I don't care if we're playing the Pro Bowl team, we expect to win. That's just our mentality. That's our belief in each other, our belief in our systems and our coaching staff and everything we do.

"But to say we're overconfident, we're going into the season 0-0 like everybody else, and we've got to earn our right to get to what we were and fight your tail off to get in the playoffs. We're the same team that, in our division alone, got swept by Miami, split with New England and Buffalo.

"We'll always have the underdog mentality, but now I think we've earned some respect throughout this league, whether through the national media or the opponents. We earned their respect.

"When we were saying things, everybody thought we were crazy. I don't know if they think we're crazy now. We did go in there, saying we were going to have a dominant defense; we led the NFL in total defense. We said we were going to have a ground-and-pound offense; we led the league in rushing. So when I think we have an excellent football team, maybe you should take it to the bank because we've got an excellent football team."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

Old 03-24-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably not. Does everybody think Tannenbaum is more likely to move up or down this draft?
I would say they are more likely to move up because they do that almost every year since Tannenbaum has been the GM.

They moved up for Sanchez.
They moved up for Greene.
They moved up for Revis.

And usually, the player they trade up for works out pretty well for the team. Although it doesn't generally permit a lot of mid round gems. Case in point: The Jets had 13 draft picks in the last three years combined, only 3 of which were in the middle three rounds.

Quote:
Also apparently LW hasn't signed his tender yet and is still getting some interest from other teams, Edwards and Smith along with I believe Ihedigbo signed their tenders yesterday. Keels thinks there will be more of a market for Leon coming up to the draft. I love Leon but getting a second rounder for a 28 year old back coming off of a major injury is something I think you have to take.
As much as I looked forward to the Jets having a Leon/Shonn 1-2 punch for the next few years, if they can get a second round pick for Leon at this stage in his career, they should absolutely do it.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-hard-knocks/

Awesome, just awesome. I know we kind of talked about it last week, but now it seems official (Shaun Ellis has already tweeted on the matter). We were clearly a much better option than the Texans. This will be TV at it's finest.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Jersey/B
Rookie

Jersey/B is a cocksman.Jersey/B is a cocksman.Jersey/B is a cocksman.

No doubt about this being TV's finest. Now I just gotta work on a way to watch without having HBO
Jersey/B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey/B View Post
Now I just gotta work on a way to watch without having HBO
The internet is a magical place.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Jersey/B
Rookie

Jersey/B is a cocksman.Jersey/B is a cocksman.Jersey/B is a cocksman.

Quote:
Probably not. Does everybody think Tannenbaum is more likely to move up or down this draft? Interesting because there are a bunch of players he might like enough to move up for, but this draft has really nice options in the round 2-3 range also that he might be interested.
I'm expecting to see a trade down in this years draft. TB is aggressive in getting the players he wants to set as cornerstones for the franchise. We're set in the key positions already with young guys so I would opt for trying to trade back into the 2nd and pick up a 3rd in the process. We're all aware that this is an exceptional draft class and we could use it to build future starters on both the O and D lines.
Jersey/B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

Im hopping they trade down for the reasons listed above.

Add to the fact Tanny came out and said they wanted to go CB first before the Cromartie trade. They filled that need. Now lets get younger on the lines and win a ******* championship!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that predicting a trade up or down based on the past trade ups is pointless. Tannenbaum has shown a willingness to trade up when there doesn't seem to be a lot of depth in the draft and there is a specific guy that he is targeting for a need. In this draft, there is more depth and bringing in Cromartie eliminates one of the big needs. I'm not ruling out a trade up, but I think it could go either way. I trust Tannenbaum enough to assume he is aware that the team needs to bring in a lot of youth this year at several positions.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

Here is the Hard Knocks announcement

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/03/2...-announcement/

Rex is so cool
Old 03-25-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

The Jets have tried to trade down several times before. They just have never really found value. They're aggressive both ways. But they'll trade up or down based on the value of the players available on their board in respects to draft placement, not simply to just acquire more depth because we have enough "cornerstones for the franchise".
Old 03-25-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
The Jets have tried to trade down several times before. They just have never really found value. They're aggressive both ways. But they'll trade up or down based on the value of the players available on their board in respects to draft placement, not simply to just acquire more depth because we have enough "cornerstones for the franchise".
Agreed. I think they have certain players that they are willing to target at certain spots. If somebody that they like slips to a certain pick they will be willing to give up a certain amount to move up, if somebody they absolutely love gets to a certain range they'll probably be pretty aggressive trying to move up, if they get a good offer despite liking people on the board at 29 they will move down, and if there's nobody they like on the board there they'll probably be aggressive trying to move down. All about value at certain spots. I actually think the mid first and second-early third (particularly early second) hold the most potential players that are good values at those spots and positions of need so I could definitely see some moving and shaking, just depends how the board falls and who's willing to work with the Jets to make a deal.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:08 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

Quote:
But they'll trade up or down based on the value of the players available on their board in respects to draft placement, not simply to just acquire more depth because we have enough "cornerstones for the franchise".
I agree that the value of the players on their board dictates what they will do but trading down for extra picks can and is a strategy that a lot of teams have used. Eventually lack of depth will come back and haunt us (remember Adrien Clarke?) so I think it is something that should be strongly considered.