Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 07-30-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bummer we missed out on Aso, not necessarily sure whether or not it would have been the best move for the team but as a football fan I was really curious to see what Aso and Revis on the same team would have been like. In the meantime, more corners are definitely needed (particularly with Coleman leaving too) and the #2 WR spot has to get finalized. Bringing back Cro would be nice if he elects to do so. However, I'm not sure that going a little cheaper with another guy would be an awful move. I'm slightly concerned about how Cro is going to play once he gets paid and since he's going to the highest bidder I'd rather not overpay him. As for the WR's I'd like to bring back Braylon but apparently it's unlikely. James Jones, Malcolm Floyd, Plax, Randy Moss, TO, and Steve Smith are the options supposedly. Jones is really talented but super inconsistent (particularly with his hands IMO), Floyd's an alright option but hasn't been super productive, Smith is a little banged up and I'd like more size, Plax apparently they're going to push for and who knows how he'll play, Moss is also apparently a valid option and I'm sure he'd love to stick it to the Pats when they play so that'd be cool but he worries me, and TO's productive but I really don't want any piece of him. Should be interesting to see what happens there. Also just saw Donald Strickland was re-signed, so there's some corner depth I guess.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plax signing is solid. Obviously would have loved to have Braylon back but he was going to cost too much. If we can hammer out these next two deals with Heap and Cro then i will be a very happy camper

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never really liked the pursuit of Aso, but luckily it all worked out with getting Cro back. From the start of the Aso negotiations, I thought about it like A beautiful mind where Russell Crowe comes up with the economic theory by chasing girls in the bar. Going after the hottest girl is usually a bad idea because she i likely to reject you and then if you go after one of the less attractive ones, they will feel like a consolation prize and be more likely to reject you as well. I was just so worried that while we waited for Aso to decide, everyone would be deep in negotiations with others and we might end up with Kyle Wilson across from Revis.

One guy I really hope we resign is Ihedigbo. I want him back so badly. He is probably my favorite player on the team for his name and violence.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would have loved to get aso but im greatful to have gotten cro back. Revis has even said he likes having guys around him he has played with. Chemistry is important and i think our secondary is looking good for next year. And i definitely agree i want ihedigbo back i love that guy
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Re-signed Pool which is a good move IMO. Builds upon the chemistry in our secondary and also gives us adds athleticism to the safety position.

Word is that Derrick Mason is gonna be a jet friday pending a physical. Probably a sign that Cotchery is gonna be traded hopefully in an effort to add a pass rusher

Sig by Me
Old 08-04-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I like mason but i dont want cotch to go when hes healthy hes a great 3rd option. And i agree re-signing pool was a good move i like the comination of him and smith.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually kinda hope Mason fails the physical. Getting rid of Cotch would be a mistake unless we trade him for something decent.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

IMO Mason is a little better than Cotch at this point, plus he would save us some money. I like the move although it would be sad to see Cotchery leave b/c he's been with us for so long

Sig by Me
Old 08-04-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

If cotch is healthy then id choose cotch over mason. I think mason would be a nice addition but losing cotch doesnt help. And i doubt we get much if we trade him
Old 08-04-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...lease-cotchery

Its such a shame cause he really was one of my favorite jets and he was such an underrated wr as well as a great teammate i wish him the best
Old 08-05-2011, 07:57 AM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

First we let one of my favorite Jets go in Cotchery, now this....

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...s-the-patriots
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

I will literally cry if ellis and cotch go 2 the pats. Y cant we just offer a little more money to ellis he woud be a great mentor for wilkerson and kendrick. Plus he still has a bit left in the tank. And were also letting ihedigbo go. So many fan favorites are leaving =(
Old 08-05-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hearing/reading a lot of good things about rookie wideout Jeremy Kerley. Hopefully he'll be able to contribute in 4 reciever sets and on special teams this year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

I like kerley I would love if he can turn into a good slot wr. Im hoping mason signs with us since we already released cotch. If he doesnt maybe we can take a look at steve smith? I know his injury was a bad one but ive always liked him and if he realizes his value is down from the injury that and drops his asking price i wouldnt mind trying him out.

On another note im hearing good things about joe mcknight in camp. Rex said hes looking explosive. Hopefully he keeps up the good progress and can help shonn out in the backfield

Last edited by GET LOOSE : 08-06-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I would be all for bringing in Steve Smith. Like you said, he is coming off an injury/surgery so we could get him cheap. I would for sure give him a 1 year contract.

And maybe Mcknight isn't a wast of space after all. At the very least, I hope he could help returning kicks.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

So we just got mason which is a nice addition he should be a positive influence for sanchez. And yea im hoping mcknight can at least be someone like justin miller was for us a few years ago.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we lost shaun ellis to the pats :(
Old 08-08-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

About Shaun Ellis...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-respects-him/

Quote:
Speaking on NFL Live Monday, Ross Tucker said the Jets had concerns Ellis would be a bad influence on youngsters Kenrick Ellis and Muhammad Wilkerson. Tucker said there was a feeling that Ellis wasnít totally with the program and didnít practice hard. Those concerns were expressed to Tucker before Ellis jumped ship
I'm shocked. I always thought he was a good locker room guy.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Also about Shaun Ellis as well as the entire Jets team....

http://espn.go.com/new-york/video/clip?id=6843695

Skip Bayless is a douche. I usually hate listening to him but at least he makes a good point here or there. I think he is way off by saying our window for winning a championship will close after this year. I don't think we're in trouble at all right now. Everyone sees the Patriots making these moves and yeah they will probably work out, but they made those moves to catch up to us after last years loss. Our biggest concern is the progression of Mark Sanchez in his 3rd year. If he takes that next step then our WR core and offense as a whole is better than last years, because they only go as far as the QB. I hated seeing Ellis go but we do have depth on the D-line which we didn't have last year. I think big things are on the way this year.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Skip does make some good points especially Edwards > Plax and how the Jets disrespected Ellis. (I don't think Ellis is a big loss...a little loss). But as msolimani said, right now it's about Mark Sanchez. If he takes a step or 2 foward, we'll be a much better team.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

LB Jamaal Westerman has looked very good in camp thus far. Rex said he'll be used a s a situational pass rusher this year.

Rookie WR Jeremy Kerley has also continued to impress the coaching staff.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

The first depth chart was released today. No shockers but here are the things that stand out to me:

RT: Wayne Hunter over Ducasse.....I can't say that I'm surprised but I think it tells us that Ducasse still has a long way to go.

FS: Smith over Pool. Lowery is listed as the backup SS. Lowery is a better fit at FS, imo.

Jeremy Kerley is listed as the punt and kick returner.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Jets have done a great job locking up some of their key players. I'm hoping the D doesn't lose a step from last year.

Not to rehash old news, but I am still completely confused about why Cotchery was released. Each side is saying the other was the reason. Did I miss something? Can anyone clarify?

Going from Smith / Edwards / Cotchery to Burress / Mason is concerning. We were spoiled with our WRs last year...
Old 08-12-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Jets have done a great job locking up some of their key players. I'm hoping the D doesn't lose a step from last year.

Not to rehash old news, but I am still completely confused about why Cotchery was released. Each side is saying the other was the reason. Did I miss something? Can anyone clarify?

Going from Smith / Edwards / Cotchery to Burress / Mason is concerning. We were spoiled with our WRs last year...
It seems to be that as soon as we looked into Mason, Cotchery decided it was time to move on. And I don't blame him at all. That was kind of a slap in the face. I mean, clearly, I don't know 100% for sure, but right after that was when he asked to be released / traded, and made his statement about how it was time to move on.

He gave everything to this team for 7 years, and we jumped at the chance to give his role to someone 8 years older than him. Whoops.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me, or is the competition for roster spots at the back end of the WR position going to be really interesting? Holmes, Burress, Mason, and Kerley are obviously locks to make the roster. Then there's Scotty McKnight who appears to have made some plays and obviously has the Sanchez factor working for him, Patrick Turner who also has a bit of a Sanchez connection and they've kept on the roster for a bit, and UDFA Michael Campbell from Temple who apparently has a real shot. Think the D-Line with guys like Gilbert, Tevaseu, and Dixon behind the guys who are locks (DeVito, Pitoitua, Wilkerson, Ellis, Pouha) should be interesting as well. I'd like to see all 8 make the roster, really, but I like having good linemen on the roster and think the younger dudes have some interesting potential.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote